• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 2,206 Views, 77 Comments

Rainbows and love letters - Flat spin



Sequel to Rainbows and jealousy. Soarin and Rainbow Dash could finaly start their new life together. But then world politics and a possibility of war gets in the way of their love

  • ...
5
 77
 2,206

Chapter 14 A bit Derpy

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and love letters
By: flat spin


”To my dearest Soarin

Spin decided to take Scootaloo to the speedway today… and she got her cutie mark. She can’t wait until you come home and see it. I’m so proud of her and what awaits her in the future. also I think your brother just got hit by love… I know that doesn’t sound like him but he’s going out tomorrow with one of my oldest friends. Also me and Twi had an argument today. I haven’t talked about this to Spin yet but I will at some point. Anyway the war seems to be almost over… I can’t wait to see you again. And by the way the foal is sure getting a bit bigger slowly. I love you Soarin

Rainbow Dash, your love”

“Oh Dashie the feeling is both ways.” Soarin said to himself and put the letter to the writing desk and put the light off and started to sleep.


“Spin!” Scootaloo yelled as she was running through the massive house trying to find the stallion.

“What’s up champ.” Spin said while he was struggling with his tie that was part of the officer’s uniform.

“Can I come with you guys?” Scootaloo said and buzzed over to him. She was still struggling with flying but was slowly getting better.

“Scoots… it’s a date between me and Derpy. Sorry. and beside I don’t think you would like eating in a fancy restaurant anyways.” Spin said and picked up a dark blue officer jacket and put it on top of his light blue shirt.

“Fine… why are you going out with Derpy anyways?” Scootaloo asked.

“You will understand some day.” Spin said and the walked downstairs to the living room.

“Oh look at you. Are you going to prom today.” Dash said while laughing. She was lying there on the couch and looking at tv.

“Yeah very funny Dash.” Spin said and sat down next to her. “How’s the little colt?” Spin aske and looked at Dash’s slightly larger belly.

“We don’t even know if it’s a colt or a filly.” Dash said to him

*KNOCK *KNOCK

“I got this!” Scootaloo yelled and buzzed to the door. Dash and Spin chuckled a bit at Scootaloo’s enthusiasm.

“One day she will be a great flyer.” Dash said.

“Yeah one day…” Spin said but he was cut off by Scootaloo’s loud yell.

“SPIN DERPY IS HERE!”

Spin walked up to the door and looked at Derpy. She wearing a blue dress.

“You look amazing…” Spin said while looking at her.

“You don’t look bad either.” She said innocently and giggled

“Oh come on get a room you two.” Scootaloo said from behind Spin.

“I think we should get going.” Spin said and smiled at Derpy.

“Yeah let’s go.” Derpy said and the two of them left.

“Dash? why does Spin like Derpy so much.” Scootaloo asked Dash as she walked in to the living room.

“Well… sometimes ponies that are very similar for example me and Soarin fall in love because we like the same things and we do them together. But sometimes two very different ponies fall in love because the other one has features that the other one doesn’t have but then the other one has something that the other one doesn’t have either.” Dash tried to explain to Scootaloo.

“I think that the reason why Derpy likes Spin is because Spin is breve war hero. he can make sure that Derpy is safe at all times. And I think Spin likes Derpy because of her innocence. being a soldier means that you have to kill or be killed. Maybe Spin sees that he isn’t innocent and has done some things that he isn’t proud of so that’s why he would like to be with Derpy. because of her innocence.” Dash said to Scootaloo.

“Ok… but Derpy’s eyes don’t seem to bother Spin at all.” Scooatloo said. “Not that that’s a bad thing but usually it’s the thing that always draws every ones eye’s in.”

“When you are in love things like that doesn’t matter. it is what’s inside that counts.” Dash said to Scootaloo and hugged her.


“So what do you do as a job?” Derpy asked Spin as they were eating their food in a fancy Cloudsdale restaurant.

“Well I’m a captain in the air force.” He said.

“Oh like a wonderbolt… just like Soarin.”

“No… I work as a flyer for the 1st naval aviation squadron wardog… we are an elite combat squadron.”

“So you were fighting in Saddle arabia then?”

“Yeah… until I got my wings broken. I’m supposed to be here for a couple of weeks before going back there to fight.” Spin explained and then asked her. “What about you?”

“I’m a post-delivery pony in ponyville.”

“Ok what do you like?”

“Muffins and life in general.” She said cheerfully and smiled. She was so positive and optimistic all the time… she was perfect.


Spin opened his eyes and saw the sun shine coming into the room from the window and hit a grey mare snuggled up against his chest. He wrapped his arms around the mare and closed his eyes and thought to himself. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Derpy said and giggled

“What? how? did I say it out loud?” Spin said to her.

“No I just guessed that you were thinking about saying it.” She said and hugged him back and giggled more. Spin just kissed her forehead and looked at the door which had opened. he didn’t see anypony there but when he looked to his right to look out of the window again he saw Scootaloo.

“Hi!” She said cheerfully.

“AAAHHH!” Spin yelled and jumped out of the bed. Derpy was still hugging him when he landed back on the bed.

“Never do that again Scoots.” Spin said and looked angrily at Scootaloo.

“Sorry. Dash told me to wake you guys up and get down for breakfast.” Scootaloo said and buzzed out of the room.

“Well I think we should get some breakfast.” Derpy said and got out of the bed. Spin followed her down stairs and they walked to the dinner room where Dash had made some breakfast.

“Good morning. had a fun night?” Dash asked them while smiling.

“Yeah whatever.” Spin said and took a piece of bread and eat it. “Where did Scoots go?”

“She’s watching tv in the living room. the first practice session for Canterlot 500 is on.” Dash said to him.

“The race is next weekend… I might have to get some tickets and we should go and see it.” Spin said to Dash and looked at Derpy who was eating a muffin.

“Where did you get that?” Spin asked her while wondering where she got that.

“Muffin button. want one?” She said and gave Spin another muffin.

“What the… guess what. I’m not gonna even try.” Spin said and started eating the muffin but then they heard Scootaloo’s loud yell coming from the linvingroom.

“DASH, SPIN, DERPY. SOARIN IS ON TV!”

Author's Note:

Oh look at that love is in bloom. it would be a shame if something were to happen to our heroes...

Next chapter will be up tomorrow like always. Until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: