• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 2,210 Views, 77 Comments

Rainbows and love letters - Flat spin



Sequel to Rainbows and jealousy. Soarin and Rainbow Dash could finaly start their new life together. But then world politics and a possibility of war gets in the way of their love

  • ...
5
 77
 2,210

Chapter 11 The great Equestrian race

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and love letters
By: flat spin


”Goddamn broken wings.” Spin mumbled as doctors put a cast around his wings.

“Ok… that should do it. Now we will send you home to recover. No flying for two weeks and be careful with your back hoof.” Doctor said.

“Great… fucking brilliant.” Spin said angrily. “Blade! You are in command while I’m away.”

“Yes sir.” Blade simply answered.

“So… you are going back to home?” Soarin Asked while he walked next to him.

“It seems to be so… I know what you will ask me to do… and yes I will tell her that you are fine and doing great.” Spin said.

“Thanks.” Soarin said and they hugged each other.

“Keep your ass safe.” Spin said and smiled.

“Of course… after all the best soldier thought me how.” Soarin said and smiled.

“Captain Spin… your transport is ready.” A pony said as he walked in.

“Great… Soarin I’ll see you soon.” Spin said and walked off.


“Dash? are you alright.” Scootaloo asked Dash who had been in the bathroom puking.

“Yeah just feeling a bit ill.” Dash said to her while vomiting again.

*KNOCK KNOCK* They heard as someone bashed the door.

“Don’t worry I got it.” Scootaloo said and ran to the door.

She opened it and a saw Spin. “Spinny your back!” She said and tears of joy started to flow as she hugged Spin.

“Woah Scoots… take it easy or else I might get broken even more.” Spin said and hugged the little filly.

“Where is Soarin? Is he ok?” Scoots asked and broke off the hug.

“He is ok and on the Dawnbreaker… I just got hurt and sent home for a while.” Spin said and showed his wings to Scootaloo.

“Oh… Dash is in the bathroom.” Scootaloo said and walked back in.

“Spin? Oh my god your back.” Dash said as she walked out of the bathroom.

“Yeah… got my wings broken and probably would have gotten it even worse if Soarin hadn’t made sure that I got out.” Spin said to her.

“Is he ok.”

“He is fine. but I’m gonna be here for couple of weeks… which means when Soarin has completed his deployment I will be going back.” Spin said and smiled.

“Great. I’m Gonna be off to meet some old friends today. So I won’t be around to make any dinner.” Dash said

“let me guess… Is it your little harmony club from ponyville?” Spin said and raised and eye brow and smiled.

“Nice one jackass. No I’m meeting up with Fluttershy and Derpy. Could you look after Scootaloo so I wouldn’t have to take him to Twi.” Dash said to him.

“Sure why not I haven’t got anything other to do.” Spin said and jumped on to the living room couch.

“Well you two have fun. see you.” Dash said and waved a hoof.

“BYE!” Scootaloo yelled and walked over to Spin who was lying on his back and looking at the sealing.

“So what are we gonna do?” Scootaloo asked him.

“I know what we will do.” Spin said and smiled.

“What?” Scootaloo said in excitement.

“Nap for a couple of hours.” Spin said and turned his back to Scootaloo.

“NO WE AREN’T!” Scootaloo yelled right in to his ear.

“Fine! What do you wanna do?” Spin said in annoyed tone and rubbing his ears.

“I dunno.” Scootaloo said and smiled.

*sigh

“What?” Scootaloo asked him.

“Ok this is what we are gonna do.” Spin said and picked Scootaloo to his back and walked out of the house. “It’s Sunday right?” Spin asked Scootaloo.

“Yeah? What about it?” Scootaloo said as they walked to the road and stated walking towards downtown Cloudsdale.

“You know what happens today at the southern edge of Cloudsdale?” Spin asked her.

“No… I haven’t ever been there.” Scootaloo said to him.

“Really? Soarin nor Dash never have took you there?”

“No…”

“That’s weird…” Spin said and wondered.

“What is over there. I mean if both Soarin and Dash are going there it’s gonna be something awesome.” Scootaloo said in excitement.

“I dunno about Dash but I think she has been there a couple of times… after all every Pegasus that want to feel the rush of speed, danger and adrenaline have gone there at least once.” Spin said as they were walking.

“What is it? Is it something completely awesome?” Scootaloo asked. she was getting more and more hyped every time Spin talked.

“You know what Scoots… it’s a beautiful day for some racing.” Spin said and looked at the clears sky.

“You mean we are gonna go and see a race?”

“Not A race… we are going to see THE race.” Spin said.

“What do you mean?”

“We are going to go and watch the Cloudsdale 500. the most prestigious race in stock jet pack racing.” Spin said.

“OH MY GOSH!” Scootaloo said.


They got in to their seats in a huge grandstand. There were more than hundred thousand ponies in it overlooking a huge oval track which was angled in the corners. the track was almost three miles long and was made for huge speeds. They could see the racers on the pit lane that was in front of the grandstand. Crew members were putting the jet packs on to the Pegasus that were going to race. Meanwhile the crew members who were going to refuel and change the boosters were getting ready.

“This is so exciting.” Scootaloo said as they looked at the pit lane.

“Just wait until the green flag drops.” Spin said and watched as the ponies started to leave to pit lane and on to the track.
The ponies formed behind a pace pony and got in to rows that were two ponies side by side. They went around the track slowly but when they got near the grandstand the pace pony got down to the pit lane and the front two ponies were now flying slowly towards the start-finish line.

The flag pony waved a green flag and all the ponies put their jet pack on full thrust and speed up.

“Here we go!” Spin yelled and the ground was roaring at the ponies that were flying faster than anything that Scootaloo had ever seen.

“This is aweome!” Scootaloo yelled a she watched the ponies go around the oval over 400 miles per hour.


“And that’s how me and big mac met…” Fluttershy was cut off by a loud kick that threw the front door of the house open.

“And did you see how that number 18 pony pushed the number 88 to the wall which made him crash!” Scootaloo said. She was still pumped up about the race.

“Yea. I was actually there with you. you know?” Spin said and chuckled. the he looked in to the library and tea room. he saw Dash and fluttershy glancing at him. Also there was third pony sitting in the room but she wasn’t facing him.

“Dash! Spin took me to the Cloudsdale international superspeedway to see the 500!” Scootaloo said in excitement and ran up to Dash who was sitting in a chair.

“You took her to the 500?” Dash looked at Spin angrily.

“Yeah what’s so wrong about that?” Spin asked her.

“Don’t you realise what have you done?” Dash said to him

“No…?” Spin said in a guessing tone.

“OK… Then you can take care of this.” Dash said and glanced at Scootaloo.

“So Scoots… did you have fun?” Dash said and smiled at her.

“DID I? OF COURSE IT WAS AWESOME!” She yelled so loud that even thou Spin was standing over at the door to the room he still tried to protect his ears. Fluttershy looked just terrified but Spin didn’t still see the other pony in the room.

“Dash… I think I want to become a great flyer… just like those ponies back at the track... just like Spin, Soarin and you.” Scootaloo said and Dash could see Sparkles in her eyes. Dash could only smile as all the different colours of rainbow appeared around Scootaloo and she slowly lifted to the air. The light around her was so bright that the ponies in the room had to put their hoofs to their faces…

Author's Note:

Scootaloo?....


next chapter up tomorrow. and of course have a nice day:twilightsmile: