• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 2,210 Views, 77 Comments

Rainbows and love letters - Flat spin



Sequel to Rainbows and jealousy. Soarin and Rainbow Dash could finaly start their new life together. But then world politics and a possibility of war gets in the way of their love

  • ...
5
 77
 2,210

Chapter 9 Scoo-ta-who?

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and love letters
By: flat spin


“I love you from the bottom of my heart…
From your super extra special somepony Rainbow Dash.”
Soarin finished reading Dash’s letter to him. He stated writing his response letter right away.

“Yesterday we had our first combat mission. We had to blow up a weather factory in some small town off the coast of Saddle arabia. Me and the ‘bolts were flying air cover while Spin and the Wardog squad did the dirty work. Spin says that this war will be boring for a while… or at least until we can actually do a successful invasion and get the royal army to Saddle arabia. Dash… I have seen what war does to these ponies… The Saddle Arabians are suffering… Some of the squads that fly ground strike missions don’t care about what is between them and their target… I know that I have had only one mission so far but still… some of the stories that go around the Dawnbreaker are… something else. I miss you so much and I hope I will see you soon. tell Scoots that I can’t wait until I can see her again.

I love you Dash. From Soarin.

Soarin finished writing his letter and put it into his wing and left his room. He needed to find Spin so he could send this letter to Dash. But as Soarin was walking around the ship he saw Fleetfoot.

“Hey Soarin.” Fleet said and smiled at him.

“What’s up Fleet?” Soarin said and stopped in front of her.

“Nothing much… you know I have been kinda lonely.” Fleet said and looked at Soarin.

“Umm… but the twins are living in the same room.” Soarin said and lifted and eye brow

“Yeah… but I’m lonely during nights… and I know that you are too.” She said seductively and walked right up to Soarin and touched his chest.
“You know you can trust me… I wound tell anypony.” She said as she was face to face with Soarin almost kissing him. “We both know that hoofs are nothing compared to the real thing.” Fleetfoot said and licked her lips seductively and moved her hoof behind Soarin’s neck and stared to push it towards her. Soarin was in shock… why would Fleetfoot all the sudden become so horny.

“SOARIN I NEED SOME HELP!” Spin yelled from the other end of the hall way. Fleet looked at him which gave Soarin enough time to escape her grasp and walk up to Spin. Two of them quickly stated walking away from Fleetfoot who was just looking at them.

“Thanks for saving my ass. I owe you big time.” Soarin said to Spin once they were far enough so that Fleet couldn’t hear them.

“No problem… after all I promised you fiancée to keep an eye on you.” Spin said and they walked in to the Wardog squad’s room. Blade was there on the couch watching some TV.

“Hey Blade.” Spin said to him as he and Soarin sat down to the couch.

“What’s up?” Blade asked and looked at Spin.

“Have you talked to Fleetfoot?” Spin asked.

“Nope. why are you asking?”

“No particular reason… just wondering if you had already started flirting to her.” Spin said and changed the channel.

“Ok firstly I was watching that and secondly I don’t call it flirting I call it talking.” Blade said and Smiled.

“Whatever… we are now watching the most interesting drama on TV… the latest new from Manehattan stock exchange.” Spin said and smiled.

“Since when did you dump your job and started to work for wall street?” Blade said and chuckled.

“Ok firstly I have some personal interests on the stock markets and secondly the reason we are here fighting are these greedy assholes who can’t live without oil.” Spin said and started to focus.

“Hey those greedy assholes pay very well for us to be here.” Blade said.

“Yeah we get paid well. but those guys who aren’t part of a legendary squad like ours get paid like shit.” Spin said flatly to him.

“Whatever I'm off to the gym. Nimble and Turps are there already. you gonna join us later?” Blade asked Spin as he was walking off.

“Maybe later.” Spin said to him as he walked out.

“So… how are those EAA stocks doing?” Soarin asked him.
“Well I bought them when they coasted ten bits each and now…. 328.9 bits for one stock.” Spin said and looked at Soarin while smiling. “The EAA profits are up by 400%. Soarin we are rich… and more importantly someone’s special somepony is gonna be set for life and doesn’t have to stress about money even if you and I were to… you know.” Spin said.

“Talking about special someponies… could you make sure this gets to dash soon.” Soarin said and handed Spin the letter.

“Yeah of course.” He said and took the letter. “I’ll drop it at the mail office when I go to the gym… you wanna join?”

“Sure… I could use a good work out” Soarin said and they walked towards the gym.


Two of them stepped into the gym and Soarin saw the Twins doing some wing ups in the corner of the gym.

“Hey… I haven’t yet had a time to talk to you guys one on two.” Soarin said and walked up to them.

“Oh… yeah how is things back home?” Fire asked Soarin.

“It’s great Dash and I are going to get married and we are also getting a foal.” Soarin said cheerfully.

“That’s great. Everything has been awesome between me and Rarity. All thou she is worried to death about me.” Lightning said to him while smiling.

“What about you Fire? Everything ok with the farm girl?” Soarin asked Fire.

“Yeah everything is great between me and AJ.” Fire said and smiled.

“Anything else new in your life?” Lighting asked Soarin.

“Well… I kinda proposed to Dash and she said yes.” Soarin said and blushed.

“Really? That’s awesome.” Fire said. Surprised.

“Yeah… and we are having a foal.” Soarin said.

“Really… well I guess you work quickly.” Lighting said.

“Well I didn’t come here to talk about my life. I came here to work out.” Soarin said and walked over to the weight bench.

“Yeah I guess we should get some work out time too.” Fire said and three of them started their work out routine.


“Where are we going Dash.” Scootaloo said while she was on Dash’s back as they were flying through Cloudsdale.

“I’m taking you to our new home.” Dash said as she landed on the huge front yard of the house.

“Is this our new place… It’s awesome!” Scootaloo yelled in excitement and hopped down from Dash’s back and ran inside.

“Dash! This place is huge.” Scootaloo said.

“Yeah I know. Your room is upstairs. first one on the right.” Dash said and watched as Scootaloo was ruining in excitement through the house. She knew that this house would be a home for her, Soarin, Scootaloo and for the foal… speaking of which she had to tell the news to Scoots.

“Scootaloo come here I have something to tell you.” Dash said and Scootaloo walked up to her. Not knowing why she wanted to talk to her…
”Umm… Scootaloo” Dash said and looked at the existed little filly.

“Yeah what is it Dash?” Scoots asked her.

“Well firstly Soarin proposed to me.” Dash said and blushed and show off her diamond ring she was wearing in her hoof.

“Really? That’s awesome.” Scootaloo said and looked at the ring.

“And also… Me and Soarin are gonna get a foal. In eight months.” Dash said and smiled st her.

“really? I’m getting a sister?” Scootaloo said and hugged Dash.

“Yeah… once Soarin comes back from the war we are gonna have our wedding. and I need some one to be a flower girl… are you up to the task Scoots?” Dash asked her and smiled.

“Yeah it’s gonna be the most awesome wedding ever.” Scootaloo yelled in excitement.

Author's Note:

OH MY... FLEETFOOT WHAT THE HELL.

And look i didn't forget Scootaloo:scootangel: i could never forget Scootaloo.

Anyway next chapter up tomorrow and until then have a :twilightsmile:nice day