• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 2,211 Views, 77 Comments

Rainbows and love letters - Flat spin



Sequel to Rainbows and jealousy. Soarin and Rainbow Dash could finaly start their new life together. But then world politics and a possibility of war gets in the way of their love

  • ...
5
 77
 2,211

Chapter 10 Secret mission

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and love letters
By: flat spin


The war had been raging on for couple of weeks now. Soarin had been alone most of the time he wasn’t in combat. He was still trying to avoid Fleetfoot. Because every time she saw Soarin she had given him a dirty look. He had no idea what had gone into her… but it wasn’t important right now. Only thing that mattered was this new mission. Soarin had mostly only done regular patrols and recon missions but this was his first infiltration mission.

He, Spin and Nimble were flying through the night sky towards a factory of some sorts. It looked abandoned and according to intelligence it was supposed to be abandoned. still they had brought submachine guns with them. This was supposed to be a black operation meaning that this was one of those missions that never happened. Soarin looked to his right and saw that Spin and Nimble had put their masks on. All three of them were wearing black spec ops suits that made sure that they could not be identified if they were seen. Their submachine guns were silenced and this was supposed to be a silent take down.

The mission orders were simple. Get inside the possible chemical weapons factory and make your way to the laboratory and get all if any possible information that they could find and then blow the whole thing up.

“Ok let’s do this.” Spin said as they landed near the factory. “We are gonna do this just like we planned silent and fast.” Spin said and loaded his submachine gun and took the safety off. Soarin and Nimble followed his lead. Three of them entered the factory and saw a huge production line and some scientists and armed guards around it. They we making some kinds of bombs and what seemed like chemicals.

“Chemical weapons… Seems like the intel was somewhat right.” Nimble said and looked at the two stallions.

“It also said that there wasn’t supposed to be any guards.” Soarin said and looked back at her.

“It just makes this a bit more complicated… follow me and don’t get spotted. we need to find the head laboratory where they are making these chemicals and get the intel and blow this shit hole up.” Spin said and they started to sneak through the factory. There weren’t many guard but there were enough of them to make sure that if they would be spotted they wouldn’t be making it out alive.

“This way I thinks it’s that door.” Nimble said and opened a boor which was at the end of a corridor.

They walked in and saw a scientist reading some kind of report. he didn’t see them come in which gave Spin enough time to walk behind him and grab his head and turn it so much that a quiet snap was heard and then the scientist fell down to the floor.

“I see you still like to do things the old way.” Nimble said and stepped over the dead scientist who was wearing a white lab coat.

“Old ways don’t fail.” Spin said and walked up to the large table. Soarin took a look around the room and saw white boards full of chemical formulas that he didn’t understand… c6h12o6 what the hell was that supposed to mean? Then his eyes landed on a huge map of Equestria.

“Why would they need a map of Equestria on a lab?” Soarin asked Spin who was reading the same report that the scientist was reading before his neck snapped.

“I think I know… Chanterlot, Manehattan, Cloudsdale, Whinnyapolis, Trottingham, Las pegasus, Hoofton, Fillydelphia, Baltimere and Ponyville… they are planning to set off some dirty bombs in Equestrian territory…” Spin said in shock.

“What? They can’t… we have been pushing them back and we are almost in their capital… we are winning this war so why would they use dirty bombs in Equestria instead of the front line?” Nimble asked him.

“They know that they have already lost this war… they don’t have anything to lose… I guess the pony who has nothing to lose is the most dangerous pony.” Spin said in disbelief. “It say her that they have already got 200 dirty bombs ready to go… and to attack all the cities they need another 200.” Spin said and looked at the report.

“Well where are these bombs… let’s find them and blow them up.” Soarin said.
“I dunno… This only say how many they got…” Spin said and flipped through the report. “Ok we need to set up the charges and blow this thing up.” Spin said and opened his saddle back and picked up some plastic explosives and put then all around the room. Soarin and Nimble did the same.

“Ok let’s get going before someone comes here.” Spin said and was about to walk back to the door when it opened and two soldiers walked in.

“What the… who are you!” The soldier yelled at them. “Alarm intruders!” the other soldier yelled put then Nimble picked up her submachine gun and sprayed them both full of lead. All the sudden alarms want off.

“Ok plan B… Shoot everything that moves and run.” Spin said and picked up his submachine gun and walked out of the room spraying down two other soldiers that were coming towards them. Soarin picked up his submachine gun and followed him out of the room.

“Ok let’s go this way.” Spin said and pointed at the way they came in. Soarin saw two soldiers behind Spin and he shot both of them. “Nimble! fly out of here through the ventilation system and get us some back up.” Spin said to her since she was really nimble and could fly through it.

“What about you guys?” She asked back.
“We are gonna try to fight out of here but we need back up. Just go fast.” Spin said and Nimble flew to the ventilation system and went in.

Soarin and Spin were shooting ponies left and right slowly making their way out of the factory but then Spin’s magazine ran out of bullets and he begin to reload his gun. but a soldier jumped at him from behind a corner and stabbed his back hoof with a knife.

“ARRRGGHH! YOU FUCK!” Spin yelled and kicked the pony to the face and pulled the knife out of his leg and ran over the pony who stabbed him. The soldier quickly tackled Spin and with a strike to his back he broke his wings. Spin rolled away from him and took out his own knife and ran towards him again. This time he planted his knife to the Saddle Arabians neck and made a large cut. The soldier quickly fainted from pain and stopped breathing.

“Fucking shit… Soarin!” Spin yelled as he looked at his back hoof which was bleeding quite a bit. also he could feel the pain coming from his wing that he couldn’t move.

“Spin are you all right?” Soarin asked him and sprayed down three soldiers.

“No… I can’t put any pressure on my hoof and I can’t move my wings.” Spin said and tried to pick up his submachine gun.

“I’m gonna carry you out… come on let’s go.” Soarin said and Spin got up to his back and picked up a gun so that he could shoot too.

Two of them made their way out of the factory and once they were outside Spin gave Soarin a remote.

“The big red button.” Spin simply said to him and laid down to the ground. Soarin pressed the button and heard a huge explosion. the whole factory went up in flames.

“Ok let’s get back to the Dawnbreaker before I lose too much blood.” Spin said and hopped on Soarin’s back. But before they could take off they could see several squadrons of flyers from the Dawnbreaker coming toward them.

“I see that you made it out.” Blade said and landed next to Soarin and Spin

“Yeah… It wasn’t easy but we made it. Blade go and give this to the general. it’s a report about the factory that we just blew up… but on the mean time Soarin if you could take me to the medical ward I would be thankful.” Spin said and Soarin flew up.

“Sure thing.” Soarin said and they started flying back to the Dawnbreaker.

Author's Note:

c6h12o6 what the hell is that? oh wait its sugar... silly me.

Well at least every pony made it out alive... but i don't think spin will be flying with broken wings and a hoof that has been stabbed.

Anyway next chapter will be up tomorrow and until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: