• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 2,210 Views, 77 Comments

Rainbows and love letters - Flat spin



Sequel to Rainbows and jealousy. Soarin and Rainbow Dash could finaly start their new life together. But then world politics and a possibility of war gets in the way of their love

  • ...
5
 77
 2,210

Chapter 17 They called my name

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and love letters
By: flat spin


Derpy and Dash walked back in to the living room and saw Spin cleaning Soarin wound as he was gritting his teeth in pain.

“So what the hell is happening?” Dash asked and walked up to Spin.

“The Saddle Arabian insurgency… they must have planted the bombs.” Soarin said.

“And how do you know it?” Dash asked.

“Me and Soarin did an attack on a chemical weapons factory and found out their plans and blew the factory sky high.” Spin said. “I think in a minute or two we are gonna have some visitors.”

*KNOCK *KNOCK

“Scootaloo could you open the door?” Dash asked Scootaloo who was still scared.

“No.” She answered and walked next to Dash.

“I’ll get it.” Derpy said and went to the door while Dash picked up Scootaloo and hugged her.

“Captain Spin. Commander Soarin.” a pony in a military uniform said and handed Spin a letter and walked out of the house. Spin quickly opened the letter and read it through.

“I have to go. they are asking if I want to be leading a squad to assault the possible location of the insurgency.” Spin said and put the letter to a table.

“You don’t have to.” Soarin said and walked up to him.

“Sorry. I do.” Spin said and hugged him.

“But you have broken wings.” Derpy said and walked up to Spin.

“I’m not gonna be flying there.” He said and gave Derpy a kiss. “Don’t worry.” Then Spin turned to Scootaloo and Dash.

“I don’t want you to go.” Scootaloo said and ran up to him and hugged him.

“Sorry Scoots. But this is a part of the job. Dash… look after them.” Spin said and walked out to the front door.

“I will.” Dash said and waved good byes.

All four of them watched as Spin left and then Dash asked.

“What are you gonna do Soarin?”

“I dunno… I have to report to Spitfire in a couple of day but I don’t think I will be sent back there.” Soarin said and looked at Dash.
All four of them went back to the living room and looked at TV. The news weren’t good. Baltimare and the Crystal empire were also attacked. Soarin quickly turned off the tv and walked up to the second floor and to the bed room leaving Dash and Derpy to the living room.

“I’m gonna go and check on him. You can stay overnight at Spin’s room.” Dash said to Derpy and walked after Soarin.

She entered the master bed room and saw Soarin sitting on the end of the bed holding his head up with his hoofs.

“Are you okay Soar?” Dash said and sat down next to him.

“No…” Soarin said and dropped a few tears. “Spin is off again fighting even thou his wings are still not fixed… he is gonna get himself killed some day.” Soarin said as Dash hugged him.

“He know what he is doing and can look after himself. And so what if he dies doing what he loves to do. I think that he would rather be shot in a trench than live the rest of his life as a soldier who can’t fight.” Dash said and continued to hug Soarin. “Feeling better?”

“Yeah… thanks Dashie.” Soarin said and gave her a kiss and pushed her to the bed. Soarin got on top of Dash and stated to kiss her neck and ear which sent waves of pleasure down Dash’s body.

"Soarin. I love you."


The next few days didn’t bring any good news. the death count from the bombings was between ten thousand and twenty-five thousand ponies. Soarin, Dash, Scootaloo and Derpy had gotten a letter from Spin. it only read “I will be back in a couple of days.” But then a day after a knocking could be heard. it came from the front door. Scootaloo went and opened the door like usually.
She saw a stallion dressed in a uniform holding two letters and something else but she couldn’t make it out what it was.

“Umm… is your parents home?” He asked.

“Yeah. DASH! SOARIN!” She yelled back into the house and they quickly ran over to her.

“What’s wrong Scootal… Blade? what are you doning here?” Soarin said and smiled a bit. After all Blade was a friend to him. the time they spent in Saddle arabia together made them quite close.

“Good day Soarin. I assume this is the mare you always talked about?” Blade asked and looked at Dash.

“Yeah. so you wanna come in?” Soarin said happily.

“No thanks Soarin… I’m sorry to inform you that your brother has gone missing in action and is presumed to be dead.” Blade said and gave a tri folded equestrian flag to Soarin.

“What… no… no... his not.” Soarin said and tears started to run down his face.

“I’m sorry… this is an official letter to you from the high command… and this is something he wanted me to give you guys.” Blade said and handed two letters to Soarin who was in shock. Dash only saw Soarin face that was full of tears. She herself was starting to tear up but she had to be the strong one for once.

“I’m so sorry Soarin.” Blade said hugged him and left.

"What’s happening?" Derpy said while she and Scootaloo walked to the frondoor from the living room and was Soarin crying and Dash trying to hold back tears. Then Derpy saw the folded flag in Soarin’s hoofs and realised what had happened. Tears formed in her eyes and her legs gave in…

“I’m sorry Derpy.” Dash said and walked over to her and hugged her while both of them were crying.

“What’s happening?” Scootaloo asked. She didn’t realise what had happened.

“Scootaloo go up to your room for a while.” Dash told her and she did as she had ordered her to do.

Soarin opened the official letter and it was full of the usual military bullshit. “We are sorry to inform you that you brother Captain Spin went missing during combat…” There was a list of his missions and medals. There was even a small letter from Princess Celestia thanking him for his service and sacrifice to his country.

Then Soarin opened the other letter. on the front of it read “To my family.” It was clearly written in Spin hand writing. Inside the letter was three pieces of paper one read “Soarin and Dash.” The Second one read “Scootaloo.” And the third one read. “Derpy.”he didn’t read any of them and just put them on to the table that also had the letter that Spin got a couple of days earlier. Soarin decide to pick it up and read it instead.

“Captain Spin we need you to lead a squadron of elite fighters to an enemy stronghold and destroy all the possible weapons that they have stored there whatever the cost might be. Mission is extremely risky and the change of survival is slim. You don’t have to accept this assignment. but I would appreciate is you did. From high command.”

“You stupid fuck… you knew this and didn’t tell it to us… you didn’t have to go…” Soarin said as tears ran down his face. Both Dash and Derpy walked over to him and he showed the letter that Spin got a couple of days ago. Then he gave them their Letters and all of them went to different rooms to read them.

Author's Note:

Well spin is dead... next few chapters are gonna be a bit depressing.

Anyways next one might be out tomorrow depending on how i'm feeling... until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: