• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 297 Views, 1 Comments

Journey of the Apple pony - ConsciousHaze196



The mare must travel far away from home

  • ...
 1
 297

The book

A librarian mare awoke inside her apple tree, wandered around her room for some time, and then she had an idea, so she quickly went down to the first floor, to pick an apple from the apple shelf, a quill from quill shelf and begin writing a book about herself.

Where to start?

"I am the apples."

Thunderous, determined voice filled the air of her imagination.

"Therefore, apples are what I summon!"

Something strange, which could possibly be the autumn electricity that brings zap apples, inspired her. She began doing sudden, martial arts like movements with two quills, writing with double velocity.


Apple Sparkle had been an apple tree sprout for years, being only able to move her leaves, enjoy the sunshine and rain if in its absence, suffering strong winds and cold weather sometimes. She also had dreams sometimes. She dreamt of things like being a princess of apple trees, going to other countries to negotiate important matters, and scaring harmful plants and wild beasts to the opposite of sunshine and water where they must have come from.

She wanted to be a tree climbing trees. She wanted the wings to fly. She wanted to soar with dandelion seeds.

One morning, she felt different and she knew she began changing into a pony form. She hoped to leave the boring grove before the winter. But winter was already coming, and that's when she had to go into slumber for long months before finally transforming.

Then she woke up, and she was a pony, light orange with magically white mane that was the same shade of white even in the darkness, with a cutie mark that was a green apple with red sparkle stuck on the tangent plane touching it. She tried to remember what she was planning to do all these years once her dream had been fulfilled. She tried to run. She could see sunlit grass and trees around her, that she could only feel before. She spent some hours kicking things that cast big shadows that she didn't like, like an old, abandoned, relatively small log barn standing nearby, and tearing weed grass to pieces. Then she decided that it was silly for a princess tree to do, and she tried to go elsewhere, to see new places. There was a convenient thin road starting at the barn that she didn't refuse to take. She didn't take any apples though, something seemed wrong with that.

After some hours of walking down that road of destiny, she got tired and couldn't walk anymore. She slept there, and in the morning, she used her strange bucking powers to break the pine trees, saw them and make a self-moving cart with six wheels out of them. She also made a wreath out of forest flowers, and, smirking viciously, somehow launched the engine. She made it! From wood, with wooden plungers and wooden gears.

Her cart flew forward along the path with great speed, making her mane of white leaves rumble. The tree pony was turning the vehicle with a set of ropes, and whistling a royal concerto for wind chimes that she knew from other apple trees, blowing against the wind that blew against her face.

Then she arrived at the edge of the... land. It had a sign saying so. There was water everywhere ahead, but there was no way anything could stop her from travelling, so she made a boat with oars and sails out of the cart and made it go ahead. It was cloudy. Then it was stormy, and there was no sunshine. But still, she persisted. Also, a red and green flower was starting to appear on her forehead. She knew she had to reach the land quickly to avoid breaking the flower once it opens.

Then a swearing shark made some trouble for her. She swung the boat, beating the shark with its hull. Shark escaped and had to swim to the shark hospital.

The mist in front of her unlocked as if the pony had a key for it. And she saw the tropical beach, with banana trees hiding behind coconut palm trees beyond it, and some tropical penguins walking in shady shades avoiding fluffy scorpion kittens hiding among the rocks. There was also a pier and a big house with a big banner saying "welcome" on it.

Once Apple Sparkle parked her boat, she began to happily run toward the house. Inside the house, it was all decorated with food. It was a food house. Big red stallion came from the trees and said it was Apple Sparkle's birthday. They kissed, he shook his head, and some sparkling dust flew out of his mane. Some of it went into the flower on her head. Apple Sparkle felt something.

For several subsequent weeks, she was helping the stallion with gardening in the moderately big garden hidden behind the rocks that were hidden behind spiky brambles protected by the big unnamed stallion. The flower on her head now was a cone, that made her a unicone, and the next year, after surviving the magical winter that penguins liked so much, they gathered the seeds and planted them, and so a new generation or tree ponies began, and that and sparkling magic made their garden so big that they supplied the entire sea worth of considerate pirates with edible plants. Other than pony kinds of plants, though. And they got a lot of money, which allowed them to build a big evil corporation, buy awkwardly serious business suits and live somewhat happily for some time after.


Having written that, Sparkle stared at her writing for some minutes, and then ate the book like a true bookworm. The book didn't taste good. Maybe there was some condiment missing. Weather outside was bad, and Apple Sparkle went back to her bedroom and lay in bed near the window, looking at the glass like it was some sort of aquarium, birds accelerating in different directions startled by roars of thunder in darkness of dusk outside.

Author's Note:

Might be removed later.. too much repetition of genre from my previous stories. This book is not tasty at all. It's kind of awful.
Still, this implements the tree ponies idea.

Comments ( 1 )

I hurt. Brain broken. Apple pony

Login or register to comment