• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 293 Views, 1 Comments

A Second chance - brony323



A piraka gets a second chance at life

  • ...
 1
 293

The Dream

He was running, fear coursing through him. Behind him, a shadow followed, never tiring. They were in a forest, dark trees passing by in flashes.

"Why do you run, Hakann," it taunted. "Don't you know who I am?"

Hakann looked back at the thing chasing him. "I know what you are, creature," Hakann shouted, "and I won't ever go back!"

Hakann tripped, falling on his face. Groaning, he turned over and saw the shadow looming over him. "Just go away!"

The shadow laughed. "Don't you get it yet, Hakann," it asked. "You can't get rid of me because I am you!"

The shadow leaned forward, and its face was Hakann's, but twisted and evil. "I will never leave!"

Hakann screamed.

With a start, Hakann sat up in bed, terror racing in his veins. "A dream," he said, barely a whisper. "It was just a dream. There was a knock on the door. "Come in," he called. Applejack walked in.

"Are y'all okay," she asked. Hakann sighed. Obviously, he had been making a lot of noise while he was sleeping. "Y'all were screamin' somethin' fierce for hours."

Hakann shook hi head, trying to clear it. "I'm okay now," he said, "just a bad dream." He smiled to try to alleviate her worry. Applejack smiled in turn and started out the door again.

"Oh," she said turning around, "Ah spoke with mah friend I told you about yesterday and she's downstairs. If y'all want to speak with the Princesses, she'll be the one ta ask. If you need it, the bathroom's just down the hall on the righ'." She nodded toward a door near the end of the hallway. She headed downstairs.

After Hakann got cleaned up, he headed downstairs. At the table in the main room, a purple unicorn with wings sat, speaking with Applejack. She looked up with a smile

"Hi there," she said. "Applejack here told me about you and what happened. I'm Twilight Sparkle, princess of friendship and magic."

Hakann did a short bow. "Nice to meet you, your highness," he said. "My name is Hakann."

Twilight nodded. "Nice to meet you too, Hakann," she said, "and please just call me Twilight."

"Very well, Twilight. So, I was told you might be able to help me?"

Twilight nodded again, a hopeful look in her eyes. "Hopefully," she said, "but I'd like to know about you more. Would you mind coming with me to my place so we can talk?"

Hakann nodded. "Sure, Twilight," he said, feeling happy for the first time all morning.

"Very well." She turned to Applejack. "Sorry that we had to cut our hangout short, Applejack," she said. "I'll look at the outer fields later."

"It's fine," Applejack said, nodding. "We'll hang out later, Ah gotta help 'Mac on the southern orchard."

Hakann and Twilight left, heading back into town. Hakann was deeply worried about his nightmare, and hoped Twilight would know a way to help him with dreams like that. If what I saw in that dream was real, then the darkest part of me still remains, he thought, a frown on his face. I hope that I don't start losing my grip. Why did I even become like this? Little did he know that things would only get harder.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment