• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 8,275 Views, 987 Comments

Spider in Equestria - DarkSpider



I just buy a mask and sword from some cloaked weirdo, and now I'm in a world of humanoid ponies in Equestria. Oh, and I have powers that are identical to Spider-Man. Well, this is my life now

  • ...
51
 987
 8,275

PreviousChapters Next
27. A Link To New Potential

‘What to do, what to do…’

I was currently wandering around the archery range in the castle grounds, pretty bored. Bri was with Screwball, Cece and Mike were training, and I figured the guards had enough bruises for the week to fight any of them.

‘Maybe I should watch some more Death Battle. Been a little while since I-’

My thoughts were interrupted when I noticed I step on something. Looking down and lifting my foot, I saw a strange, oval stone with a hole in the center and a much smaller hole on one of the edges. I picked it up and examined it closer, seeing that there were three small triangles above the center hole, pointing outward.

A moment later, I heard an eerie, but interesting little song. After a few moments of listening to it, I started humming the song to myself.

Suddenly, a strange tone echoes throughout the area, and it sounded like someone playing a piano, which sounded familiar to me, and actually gave me a slight chill. Soon after, a wolf’s howl filled the air. I jumped slightly and looked around for the source. The hole in the stone started to swirl with green energy, and something leaped out of it and over my head.

I turned around and saw a transparent red, green, and gray wolf standing a couple of feet in front of me, glaring at me. I took a step back before closing my hands in a fists in case that thing attacked. What made this even more strange was that I noticed blue earrings in its ears and a strange symbol on its forehead, and the thing appeared to also have a damaged right ear and a scar along its left cheek.

It suddenly crouched low to the ground, causing me to take a fighting stance in return. But before I could do anything, it leaped toward me before my vision was filled with a blinding light.

When my vision cleared, All I saw was open skies. Looking down, it looked like I was standing on a cloud somehow, and I was able to barely see Canterlot from where I was.

“What the hell happen?” I asked myself.

A glimmer of light from behind me drew my attention, causing me to turn around. There that stood before me was a humanoid wearing a red cloak that covered most of his head. I tried to look at his face but all I was were shadows inside the hood. As my eyes traveled down, I notice he was wearing some sort of green tunic.

“A token summon is what happened,” The cloaked being answered.

“Seriously? So your token just causes some wolf ghost to appear and have it attack the person who activated it?” I sighed. “Okay then. So, who are you?”

“I wouldn’t exactly say ‘attack’...” The man said before he spread out his arms. “More like a precaution. What we’re currently in is a temporary mindscape created by linking our minds. I made my token this way so I may speak with you in private. I need to make sure that whoever summons me doesn’t intend to abuse my token.”

“Abuse how? By throwing it at a monster? Because someone used mines like that a little while ago. I ended up fighting a bunch of giant angry bees afterwards.”

“Not all Displaced are good and by having this mindscape, I can speak with them alone and see if they’re good or bad. It’s a small test of trust. Pass and you’ll keep my token. Fail, and you’ll see it crumble in your hand and I’ll be sent back to my world,” The man explained. He reached up to lower the hood and reveal his face. He had long pointed ears with the right one damaged, even had a scar on his left cheek, much like the wolf. He looked like Link, except I don’t recall any version of him having a mustache and a goatee...

I blinked in surprise. “So, you're a Link Displaced? Shouldn't be surprised that someone will be one. Nice beard though.”

“Of course, considering the multiverse.” Link said with slight amusement in his voice. “And you’re...” He paused for a moment then scratches his head. “Ok, I have no idea.” he said. His eyes gleam for a moment.

I shrugged. “Basically a Spiderman OC. Think Spidey, but replace red with black, darker blue, and take away the web design and chest emblem. That's my costume at least.”

He blinked a couple of times. “Lucky, compared to me. You at least got to keep what you originally looked like,” Link commented.

“Yeah. But at least you're still human. My sister became a pink hedgehog.”

“Well, almost human.” Link said with a joking chuckle. “So, would you like my real name, or the name I’m forced to use when I’m not in front of a Displaced?” he asked.

I shrugged again. “Either one you're more comfortable with.” The hylian held out his leather gloved hand.

“I’m comfortable with both, Jeff or Link will do.” He said with a smile.

I shook his hand with my own gloved hand. “Well nice to meetcha Link. The name's Tito. But most call me Dark now.”

“They don’t call you Spiderman in your Equestria?” Link asked as he let go of my hand.

I shook my head. “I said I became a Spidey OC. One I called DarkSpider. When I don't wear the mask, I’m called Dark, since I figured it'd fit better for a pony name than Tito. When I wear my mask, the ponies know me as just Spider. Or at least, in Manehatten. No other civilian has seen me in that costume since I got here besides Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.”

“Multiple identities can be a good thing. It can confuse villains much like I do when it comes to being in my wolf form, or the mask of a unicorn named Protective Shield,” Link said.

I nodded for a moment before I did a double take. “Wait what?” The cloaked man chuckled.

“The token allows people to turn into a wolf by using the void’s copy of Twili magic. It was a small mistake on my part when I made it and didn’t think that others could use it too,” he explained.

I blinked. “What?!”

“...What part didn’t you get?” Link asked with a raised eyebrow.

“It's not that I don't understand it. Just...surprised,” I said, placing my hand on my forehead. A moment later, I put it down. “Are you serious?”

“Yes I am. Your token can be anything you want, however its a bit draining if you were to give it a certain power,” Link said as he shook his head softly of the memory.

“My token is just a copy of my medallion,” I said, pointing at my necklace. “And all it does is summon me when you throw it.”

“As long as you know what you’re doing,” Link said as he raised his hand. “I’ve seen enough, I believe I can trust you,” He said, just as the surrounding area started to brighten. Before I knew it, I was back in the archery ranch, except now Link was there.

I shook my head before putting my hand on it. “Okay, that's just weird.”

“And the best thing about it, is that only three seconds has past while we were there,” Link pointed out as he was looking around the area. “Tell me something, Dark. Is this world anthro or pony? I’d also like to know their opinions of other Displaced.”

“Anthro. It's kinda the reason I bother covering my face. With my clothes, anyone who doesn't know me thinks I'm just an earth pony. As for the Displaced thing, kinda. So far the only ones who actually know about Displaced are the Elements, Discord, and the princesses. And Screwball. And the only Displaced here are me and my sister Cece. Word of advice, never talk about her height. She's okay most of the time, but that's a berserk button for her, and she'll try hard to hurt anyone who presses it if I don't stop her.”

Link placed his hand to his chin. “If this Equestria’s harmony magic works like the others, hopefully my unicorn mask will change anthro as well,” he commented. “I mean if I need to go outside of here.”

“Well, you can just go with the hood. So long as your skin and face are hidden, nopony tends to know. I mean, I've been here for about three months, and the only way anyone found out I was human is because they saw me without my hood and scarf on.”

“Just wanted to be careful,” Link said as he took another look around.

“Well, welcome to the Canterlot of this dimension. Cece and I have been staying here for the past month after an incident in Ponyville. One I rather not talk about right now.”

The hylian nodded in understandable. “I also forgot to mention something else I’m concerned about: Your world’s Celestia and Luna, surely they would've sensed the summoning,” Link said.

“I doubt that. Not counting you, there's been four times Displaced has been summoned to this dimension and they only learned about one because of the trouble it caused the next day. And another because it happened here. Though, it may be a good idea to introduce you to them.”

“That would be for the best,” Link said with a relieved sigh.

“Follow me,” I said as I placed his token in my pocket before I started walking towards the castle. With Link following me, we entered the castle and approached the corridor outside the throne room and stopped. I told the guards that I wanted to talk to the princess and they went in to tell her.

“...Did something happen recently?” Link asked as he took notice of the bruised guards and their dented armor.

“Hmm? Oh, the look. Remember when I warned you not to mention my sister's height? That's kinda why. Those idiots didn't listen and they paid the price.”

After that, the door opened and one of the guards came out. “You may now speak to the princess, lieutenant.”

I nodded and entered the throne room with Link. When the door closed behind us, I saw that Celestia had set down a small stack of papers beside her throne. “Hello Dark. I'm quite surprised that you wanted to speak to me.” She then noticed Link. “And who are you?”

“My name is Link," Link said before giving a short respective bow to her. “Dark’s newest friend.”

“Is that so?”

“He's a Displaced I met a couple of minutes ago.”

Celestia nodded before looking back at Link. “So you're another human?”

“Hylian to be more accurate. Almost the same except for my pointed ears, among other things.” Link explained.

“I see. Well then, I would like to welcome you to my home, and I hope you enjoy your time here.”

“Indeed I will as long as nothing bad happens, I’ve got enough of that back home,” Link said.

“Same,” I replied. “So far I've fought a pack timberwolves on my first day, then a gang of ponies a couple weeks later, then a horde of Beedrill and a living Venus flytrap, then a Conduit who can't die, and then a pony version of Shocker. And that's just the fights I feel worth mentioning. And again, I've only been here for three months.”

Link blinked at my words. “..Sounds like you’ve got your hands full.” he said as he took a moment to think.

“Mind you, the Beedrill and flytrap was the first time I was summoned. And the Conduit…” I growled. “The only good thing that came from that day is that my best friend ending up getting powers and saved me from being stabbed by my own sword.”

“At least you don’t have a healing factor, then you would know how Dante felt.” Link said

“I have a healing factor. Just nowhere near as good as Dante or Deadpool. Or a Conduit’s. At least their healing factors allow them to be stabbed through the chest and live. Really, mines just makes it that I can heal broken bones in just a matter of days and I can get out of a hospital and fight just fine after nearly bleeding out not 24 hours prior.” I clenched my fist again, thinking about my fight with Nisled. “That day is the worst I've experienced since becoming a Displaced.”

“A hero’s job is never done.” Link said as he placed a hand on my shoulder. “So of course you will getting hurt a lot.” he said.

“Oh trust me, I know. But it's not just the near death that makes it so bad. That fight made it that I had to leave the closest thing I have to a home in this dimension.”

The hylian went into a moment of silence. “Perhaps I can help with that so if you ever leave Ponyville, you can always return there quickly.” Link said.

I blinked at him again. “What?”

Link looked toward Celestia. “Sorry to cut this meeting short, but I’d like to teach Dark here a few tricks, so if you don’t mind, Princess Celestia.” Link said as he bowed slightly before looking at me. “Lead me to an open area, I’m going to teach you a few new things.”

“Okay…” I looked to Celestia and nodded to her. “See you around dinner, Princess.” After she nodded back to me, I headed outside with Link. After a few minutes, we made it to one of the training grounds outside of the castle. “So what did you want to do?”

“First things first. Would you like a teleport spell, or a song that allows you to fly?” Link asked as he turned to reach for his pouch.

“I'm sorry, what?”

Link pulled out a blue ocarina. “I can teach you the Farore’s Wind spell so you’ll be able return to ponyville quickly, or I can teach you the Song Of Soaring, which will give get your own pair of temporary wings made of magic that will allow you to fly long distances quickly.” Link explained.

I stood silent for a minute. “Again, what?”

“...What part don’t you understand?” Link asked with a questioning stare.

“Again, it's not that I don't understand, it's that I'm surprised. I mean, I'm not like you. I can't use magic or any of that. Just shoot webs and stick to walls. And hit things really hard.”

The hylian held out his hand. “Until now. Take my hand and I’ll share some of my Triforce’s void energy with you.”

“Seriously?” I asked, a bit skeptical.

“No joke.” Link said, confirming that he really meant it.

“And what will that do?”

“Simple, I’m just going to make it so that magic can be stored within your body. It’s rather small though, so use it wisely. It’s not going to regenerate unless you either sleep, drink a potion, or find another means to refill it,” Link explained.

“So shaking your hand right now will just make it that I can do magic? How the hell did you learn that?”

“Well, when I learned that my Triforce wasn’t the original, I knew it was useless to me except that it gave me courage to do things. Now, when I met Sans The Batter. He taught me about the Displaced, the void between worlds, how alot of our powers came from there. Seeing as my Triforce is just a copy made from the void, I’ve learned how to control its energy, thus allowing me to give others small amount of my powers if they’re unable to learn my powers It’s pretty much like making a token, except it saps my energy a lot more,” Link further explained.

“Then why are you willing to do that now?”

“Because seeing as you chose to be a hero, I’m going to help you out a bit so it's not as frustrating to keep fighting to protect the ones you love.” Link said as he crossed his arms. “You’re not the first I’ve helped out.”

I hesitated for a bit before sighing. “Okay then.”

Link held out his hand again, and I shook it. I saw a golden glow travel from his hand and into my arm, then I felt a strange rush of energy run through me, mostly in my arms and chest. After a moment, I noticed an exhausted on Link's face as he let go of my hand, him looking like he had just ran for his life.

“Are you okay?” I asked, concerned.

“Just give me a moment, I’ll be fine,” Link said as the glow from his hand faded away. “N-now, your body can hold a small amount until you can find a way to grow your pool,” he explained.

“And now I'm getting Skyrim flashbacks.”

Link chuckled. “Experiment a bit and see how your body reacts.” He said before holding up his ocarina again. “So, which would you like to learn?”

I thought about it for a moment before shrugging. “Probably the former right now. Not very good with instruments. Not to mention I'd take web swinging over flying, anyday. Though Rainbow may think that's blasphemy,” I said with a chuckle, before having that strange feeling in my chest again.

“Wait till you surprise her with what I’m going to teach you,” Link said as he put away the ocarina. “Farore’s wind is pretty much a one-way point, although with practice, you should learn how to cast more than one,” he said as he held up his hand as green energy started to gather around in his palm of his hand. “I’ve always done this with my mind by picturing the energy flowing out of my heart and into where I want to direct it, I also need to keep a picture of the spell’s in my mind and focus on the image” he explained.

“Sounds about right for a teleport.”

“Once you’ve gathered enough, you can either let it fly on its own,” Link said as the ball of bright green quickly flew over to the exit of the castle. “Or, you can picture where you want to go in your mind. A little warning though, you can’t go where you’ve never been too and you can’t go extremely long distances unless you have the focus to do it. Once you’ve got a clear picture in your mind, you should vanish in a burst of light and appear wherever the ball was floating.” Link said before vanishing where he was and appearing on top of the castle roof.

“Wait, doesn’t Zelda have that ability in Smash Bros?”

“Yes, but...” Link said as he leaped down, his boots suddenly changing golden for a split second, I could of sworn I saw gold wings at the back them. Link hovers to land safely down to the ground, the boots quickly return to their leathery appearance. “The merchant chose the Ocarina Of Time’s version of how the spell is used and I had to push it past its original design.” he explained.

“Okay…” I said, a little confused.

Link shrugged. “All of my powers started off on how the original Link used them and I managed to change them throughout the years,” he said as leaned against the castle’s wall. “Now, I want you to try doing what I did, you are however free to try doing it differently.”

I hesitated for a moment before realising something. “You explained how to perform the spell, but not exactly how to use my new magic.”

“You need to feel it within yourself...” Link said as he rubbed the back of his head. “...Yea, you might want to ask somepony to explain it to you. The other Displaced I taught my spells to learned it quickly without me needing to get technical about it.”

“I figured…” I muttered. “Thing is, only ponies I know who can help with that are either busy with paperwork, sleeping, or in Ponyville right now.”

“If you had chosen to learn the Song Of Soaring, all you had to do was hum the tone and the magic within the song would do the rest. The only time you would need to give more magic for song,is if it was for more than one person.” Link said

“Duly noted,” I said with a shake of my head.

“Whatcha doing?” I heard a few feet to my left. Turning to the voice, I saw Screwball lounging in the air, watching me.

“Oh, hey Screwball,” I said with a small wave.

“Hi Tito,” she said with a smile. She then looked at Link. “And who are you? Some Link Displaced?”

“Do I really need to answer that when you already guessed it?” Link asked jokingly.

“True, but Tito doesn't look like a Spiderman copy right now, does he?” She said.

“Hey, I didn’t choose to be like this,” Link pointed out.

“Neither did Cece, what's your point?”

“I meant I didn’t go to a comicon and meet the merchant, he actually left the chest holding the triforce at my doorstep and my own curiosity got the best of me.” Link explained.

“Huh…”

“Um, Screwball, where's Brianna?” I asked.

“Oh, she's with her aunt,” Screwball replied. “I figured those two should spend some time together since they're basically family.”

Link was silent for a moment as he took a gentle breath to calm down. “So...” Link began as he looked at the screwy looking pony. “What exactly are you?” he asked Screwball.

“Name's Screwball. The princess of chaos, daughter of Discord.”

“Before or after his reformation?” Link asked with concern.

“We're in season 6 territory, so after,” I explained.

Screwball nodded. “Yup. My daddy made me a few weeks ago after being inspired by two other Screwballs Tito met. After that, he had Tito and Cece watch over me.”

“Who’s your mother then?” Link asked.

“I'm not a version who has one,” Screwball said with a simple shrug. “My daddy just made me using his chaos magic.” Link merely nodded, choosing to not comment any further. “So again, whatcha doing?” Screwball asked, in an all too familiar voice.

“Well, Dark can use magic now, but I haven’t figured out another way he can use it since he can’t understand my first method.” Link explained.

“Wait, Tito can use magic now?” Screwball said in surprised.

“Yeah, once he learns how to channel it inside of him. Perhaps you could help him out in that category,” Link said.

“I'm afraid I'm not the best for that. My chaos magic is different to regular magic. I just think of something and it happens. Not to mention I'm made of magic, so that probably helps.” She then rubbed her finger on her chin. “Really the best ones to ask would be the princesses or Twilight. Mostly because then you don't have to make up a story on how a grown stallion doesn't know how to use magic. Or how someone who's presumably an earth pony can use a kind of magic outside of strength and farming.”

“Huh, that would raise a few questions from Twilight since earth ponies can only use strength...” Link said as he rubbed the back of his head again.

“Actually, Twilight knows about me being human and about Displaced,” I told Link. “She offered for me to stay in her castle on my first day Displaced and even hired me and Cece as her personal guards a while later. Really, she'll be more surprised that I can now use magic than anything else. Though she may want to learn a bit about you.”

“Understandable as long as she doesn’t go overboard with the questions. Naryu knows how she’d react if she saw some of my items or spells in action.” Link said.

“She's seemed to be able to control herself. Then again, most Displaced we've met have some bad luck, so that may be why she hasn't gone overboard.”

Screwball nodded. “Yeah, there's Seb’s group, whose world was in a massive war, Tomas and Sarah, whose version of me was a spoiled brat that lashed out on anyone for messing with her ego, and Delsin, who has an evil counterpart that nearly killed you.”

“...right…” I muttered.

Link began shuffling through his pouch, appearing to be checking for something. He turns his head back toward me. “We should head to her place if you’d like to further advance the lessons,” he suggested.

I chuckled nervously. “Um...I'd rather not go anywhere near Ponyville right now. Nearly everyone there hates and fears me right now…”

Screwball shrugged. “I can send Twilight a letter to come visit tomorrow if you're willing to stay for the night,” she told Link.

“I don’t mind,” Link said with a smile. “It'll be a nice change of scenery than the usual four-legged kind. Uh...Spike isn’t female, right?” Link asked nervously.

Screwball started laughing like crazy. “Wait, you ended up in a dimension that has Barb or something? I don't know why, but I find that almost as funny as that picture of the male version of Celestia in a dress.”

“To answer your question, no,” I told him. “Everyone's the same gender as in the show.”

“Yes, Screwball, I did. But it wasn’t a bad meet, it was actually a rather interesting” Link said with a smile. “But I won’t tell you the details though.” he said.

“I have a feeling that's for the best,” I said, feeling a little uncomfortable.

“So…” Screwball said, looking at Link. “You're a fairy?” The hylian groaned in annoyance at that, to which Screwball snickered. “Kidding. Just wanted to see how you'd react to that. But in all seriousness, what exactly can you do? I doubt you're exactly the same as your namesake.”

“Well, you’re not far off the mark on that guess, but I have other things since I've been a Displaced for twenty years. Like the unicorn mask I mentioned earlier to Dark.” Link said.

“Unicorn mask?” Screwball asked, looking at me.

“Apparently it's a mask that allows him to turn into a unicorn when he puts it on,” I explained.

“Oooh.” She looked at Link. “So who died?”

“No one, it was a gift given to me by a special someone.” Link explained as he took the mask out of his back pouch. The face itself looked like Links, except as a red and green faced unicorn with a gold mane.

“I asked because if I recall correctly, the only time Link has masks like that, they're of deceased characters.”

“You are right about the masks and I do have them all. I will tell you something though, seeing as you already seem to know. I actually have access to three different Link inventories, not counting duplicates. All of my magic though I’ve managed to change.”

“Oh? Which ones?”

“Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Majora’s Mask, and A Link to the Past. Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask are the same Link.”

“Wait, isn't Twilight Princess the one where Link can turned into a wolf?” Screwball asked.

“Yea thanks to Midna in that game. Me, however, I had improvise since she doesn't exist in my Equestria.” Link said as he reached up to take a hold of his necklace, where I saw a familiar stone.

“Hey, that's like your token,” I said, taking out the token from my pocket.

“The void makes copies of our tokens and spreads them across the multiverse. This one is the original copy and the one I keep when I want to turn into a wolf,” Link explained as he fiddled with it.

“Neat,” Screwball commented. She then blinked. “Wait, your token allows you to turn into a wolf?”

“I did explain this earlier before that it contains void copies of Twili magic, the same kind that Midna used.” As Link explained, I could see small black particles in the stone’s “eye”.

“So, all the copies of your token has Twilight magic in them?” She asked.

“By accident,” Link pointed out before letting out a sigh. “So far, I’ve taught it to one displaced named Scott who was wearing some kind of Nanosuit.”

“Taught what?” I asked.

“How to turn into a wolf using my token.” Link said as he looked at me.

“Wait, so you were serious about the copies of your token being able to do that?” Link showed a smirk on his face as black particles started to swirl around him, causing him to kneel down and push against the ground with his hands. When it surrounds and consumes his form, it leaves as quickly as it appeared, revealing a shaggy red and green wolf whose fur faded to grey near the end of his legs. He looked like the ghostial wolf, except more whole this time.

Screwball let out a low whistle. “Impressive.”

“Yeah,” I said in a slow nod. I then looked at the token in my hand for a moment before turning back to Link. “Not gonna lie though, the earring is a bit weird to see on a wolf.” When I said that, it made his right ear flick.

With the same token as before, he returns to his original hylian form. “If you decide to try it out, just remember that your form will look different depending on your body, clothes, and its colors. As you saw of my form, my red cloak and green tunic became the fur’s colors, except with Din’s symbol on my forehead” Link said before pointing at the stone in my hand. “Just concentrate on it, be calm, and let it happen.”

“Will this hurt?”

“Only on the first transformation since the twili needs to adjust to your dna structure. Afterwards, it’ll be swift just like you saw me do before.” Link explained.

I sighed, shaking my head. “First getting spider DNA, then giving myself magic, and now this. My DNA is gonna be a puzzle in a few months at this point.” I then looked at Link. “Okay, so just concentrate? On what exactly?” After a moment of silent, Link reached over and took the token from me. He closes his hand for a moment before opening it back up, he gives it back to me.

“Alright, I changed it a little bit, so just close your eyes, hold it in your hand with a firm grip and it’ll do the rest. No concentrating needed, but you should try it once Twilight teaches you how to manifest your magic.” Link explained.

“Convenient,” Screwball said.

“So just clench it in my hand and that's it?” I asked.

“Yea, saves time rather than focusing on its energy like I do.” Link said before letting out a gentle sigh. “I can’t do the same Farore’s Wind.”

“Saw that coming,” I say with a shrug. “So...should I do that now?”

“If you want to try it out, yeah.” Link said.

I hesitated before shrugging and closing my fist around the token. I was forced to fall over onto my hands as black pixels started spinning around me. I closed my eyes in pain as I felt my bones pop and crack, shift and move, I could feel my hair forcing itself to grow down my back.

About a minute or two later, when the pain finally subsided, I opened my eyes and noticed my hands and feet were now paws, causing me to blink in surprise.

“Wow,” Screwball said, floating around me. “Not bad Tito. A little taller than I expected, but pretty good. Take a look.” She then spawned large mirror, and I looked at myself.

I saw that I about five feet tall with blue and black fur all over my body. I looked down and saw that I still had my necklace on, with my medallion on my chest.

Screwball then caused the mirror to disappear before looking at Link. “So he has enhance hearing and smell, right?”

“That, and he can see spirits, ‘see’ scents, leap higher, move and dig faster, understand animal speech and speak it, and he can rip out the souls out of poes, though I’m not sure if it also applies to normal ghosts,” Link explained, causing me to do a double take.

‘See spirits? See scents? What is he talking about?’

I then started to wish I paid more attention to the Zelda games before getting Displaced.

“Oookay…” Screwball said, before she turned to me and picked up the token that was in front of me. “So how can he change back? Can't exactly grip the token with his paws. And using his mouth has the risk of him swallowing it.”

“Place it on the ground, then place a paw on it. He’ll return to normal, minus the pain.” Link said. He then looked at both me and Screwball. “Why not give Dark’s back a ride?” he suggested with an amused smile.

I glared at him and Screwball snickered at my reaction. “Maybe later. I think he should get more comfortable with this before I do that.” She then put the token down in front of me and I placed my right forepaw on it. The progress wasn’t as painful as before and it happened a lot quicker. The black stuff clinged to me and I returned back to normal in only a couple of seconds, with the token in my hand.

I shook my head and placed a hand on my head. “Okay, that was weird…”

“With time, you’ll get used to that body’s abilities. Experiencing it is a lot better than me explaining it.” Link said as he stretched his arms above his head.

“I believe that,” I muttered as I put the token back in my pocket.

“Let's focus on that later,” Screwball said. “For now, let’s go back to the castle. It's almost time for dinner.”

After she said that, I noticed that the sky was orange and the sun was touching the horizon. “Huh. Guess we were here longer than we thought…” I shrugged before looking at Link. “You wanna join us for dinner? You can meet the others then.”

“Sure, lead the way, Dark.” Link said he got off the castle’s wall. “I wonder why none of the soldiers have visited the grounds.”

“A lot of them are recovering from the “training” they go through from Tito and Cece,” Screwball said. “It'll be a few days before they can move without feeling sore.”

“At least they don’t have a drill sergeant like Captain Silver Bullet. That guy is serious when it comes to training” Link said.

“Yeah, but I'm sure that person will be able to make them competent,” I said. “I mean, none of the day guard can't even last thirty seconds against any of of us. And reminder, Cece and I are technically novices.”

“Pony, Dark. He’s a pony, not a person.” Link corrected me.

“Same difference,” I said, rolling my eyes under my hood.

“So, who are the others? Well, besides Luna and Celestia that live in the castle.” Link asked as he reached up to get ready to lower his red hood.

“Tito's sister Cece, their partners Mike and Emily, and Tito's daughter Brianna,” Screwball said, floating beside us.

“They sound like humans, so it should be alright to keep my hood down.” Link said as he let go of it.

Screwball shook her head. “Nope. Tito's the only human in this entire dimension. Cece became an anthropomorphic pink hedgehog, and the other three are pokemon.”

“I've mentioned Cece being a hedgehog earlier,” I commented. “Though you don't need the hood. Everyone in the castle knows that I'm human.”

“Ah, I can relax then.” Link said with a smile.

We continued walking in silence for a couple of moments. When we were halfway to the dining room though, I was immediately tackled by a small blue blur. When I looked down, I saw Brianna hugging me and nuzzling my chest. Link chuckled softly at the sight while I sighed before returning the hug and getting up. “This, Link, is my daughter Brianna. She's quite the hugger…”

“It's kinda surreal seeing a pokemon,” Link commented as he reached over to pet the Riolu.

Bri stopped nuzzling me when she heard him talk. She then looked towards him and twitched her nose. When he reached out to her, she yipped and jumped at him, tackling him into a hug.

“Oh yeah, forgot to mention she does that to those who peak her interest,” I said, chuckling softly. Link laughed along with me as he reached up to rub along her head.

“Its nice to meet you, Brianna.” Link said to her, he holds up her as she continued to hug him. “Are the rest of them going to tackle hug me too?” he asked.

“No, she just does that since she's basically just a toddler,” I heard behind me. Turning around, I saw Cece approaching us with her cover off and Emily and Mike with her. When she reached us, she crossed her arms and looked at Link. “So what's with the Lord Of The Rings guy here?”

“And I’ll tell you the same thing I told the other guy who compared me to them. Hylian ears are longer an elf’s ears” Link explained.

Cece shrugged. “Meh, I wouldn't know. Never paid too much attention to those movies. That weird pale thing always creeped me out.”

“Forgive me, but it has been a very long time since I watch one, but what do you mean by ‘weird pale thing’?” Link asked with a raised eyebrow.

“She's talking about Gollum,” I explained, with Cece nodding. “She never liked him.”

“Be glad you haven’t met a Displaced Gollum,” Link said jokingly.

“Oh, if I do, I wouldn't hesitate in playing whack-a-mole, with him as the mole…” Cece muttered. She then shook her head. “But seriously, who are you?”

“Link, Dark’s newest friend and recent summoning.” Link said.

“So Tito summoned another Displaced? Do you have an evil counterpart that'll attack this city and make it that we have to move again?”

Link blinked at what she said. “No. At least so far I don’t, but you never know with the multiverse.”

Cece sighed. “We've got enough of that a month ago, and it caused quite a few problems for us.”

“Dark mentioned that to me before. Don’t worry. I don’t have an evil twin. The closest thing to that is if I were to put on one of my masks.”

“What can masks do?”

“Long story,” Screwball said. “Short version is that he has masks that allow him to transform into different things. Including a unicorn apparently.”

“Oh.” Cece then shook her head before looking at Link. “Wait, you still never told me who you actually are. Just who you became.”

“My real name is Jeff, but I’m forced under the name Link when talking to non-displaced.” Link said as he shrugged with his free arm while the other still held the Riolu. “Don’t ask why, I haven’t figured it out.” Link said as he pointed a thumb at me. “He’s lucky to at least say his name out in the open.”

Cece shrugged. “I still use my real name. Heck, the only time I didn't use my real name for something is when I fought some gang in Manehatten within my first week.” She then shrugged. “The name's Cece, by the way. The Hammer of the Guard, and the best fighter in this city next to Tito.”

“I’ve been called many things back in my world. The last name I was called, was ‘warrior of many shapes’ by a buffalo chief when I helped them out with a few problems.”

“Neat name,” I said.

“So exactly what have you two done today?” Cece asked Link.

“I’ve given him magic, a wolf form, and I tried to teach him Farore’s Wind, but he doesn’t understand my method.” Link explained.

Cece, Mike, and Emily all stared at him and blinked. “I'm sorry, what?” Cece asked.

“I think it's best that we continue this during dinner,” I said. “That way we can explain it to the princesses as well.”

“How many Displaced have all of you met? So far, you guys sound surprised on what I can do.” Link asked in minor confusion.

“Me? About...eight I think, plus that weird group of living legos. Tito though met about 10. We've met Sebaste, Sasha, Alex, Tomas, Sarah, Jack, Delsin, and Viktor.” She then tapped her chin. “Tito mentioned something about two assassin Displaced, but he didn't say much about it.

“So why the confusion?” Link asked.

“We've never heard of anyone being able to give someone stuff like that,” Cece told him. “Delsin just taught Rainbow how to use powers she was apparently born with, Jack just told me about an ability I didn't know I had, Seb, Sasha, Alex and Viktor just gave us weapons in the forms of their tokens, and Tomas and Sarah just gave us the pokeballs to catch our partners. You, on the other hand, apparently gave Tito all new powers. So yeah, we're surprised.”

“I can teach him a lot more once Twilight or someone teaches him how to manipulate and manifest the magic within him.” Link explained to Cece.

Cece shrugged. “Okay, but you better explain what's going on.” She then turned around and headed to the dining hall with Emily walking next to her.

“Well, that went well,” I said, turning to Link.

“I’m guessing Cece thinks she can only use powers she was Displaced as?” Link asked.

“Well, yeah. Why you ask?” I asked.

“Just how she reacted to the news about what I gave you.” Link said as he took a seat on the ground.

“Well, can you blame her?” Screwball asked. “Again, you're the first Displaced they've met who gave people abilities that aren't related to who they were Displaced of.”

“So in short, Cece discovered the same thing I did when I started experimenting, such as when I turned Din’s fire into an explosion projectile.” Link said.

“Wait what?” I asked. Link frowned at my reaction.

“Din’s fire is a spell that release a dome-like explosion. I’ve altered it so it can be much more. You can do the same thing with your webbings if you try.” Link explained.

“How? My webs are organic, not artificial. I can't just modify them whenever I want.”

“Fists encased in webbing, a web shield, or a second layer of webbing like armor.” Link placed his hand on my shoulder. “Experiment a bit.”

“Web fist and web shield? Those are moves I can do. They're moves you can do in games and I tried them out. Of course, web fist is much easier to do.” Link placed his hand to his chin to think a bit.

“Like I said, try something new outside of what the games has shown. I don’t really know enough about Spiderman to help you out in creating more web attacks. Well, except the arrow spells I could teach you some other day.” Link said.

“Duly noted…” I said, rolling my eyes. A moment later, I felt a tug on my cloak. When I looked down, I saw Bri looking at me with her arms up. I smiled behind my scarf and picked her up and she nuzzled me.

“Well, let's just go to the dining hall and you can meet Luna and explain this, Link,” Screwball said. Link nodded in agreement as he got up from the ground.

We continued to the dining hall for a couple more minutes. When we got there, we saw Luna and Celestia sitting down in their respective seats, and Cece close by. I took a seat next to Cece with Mike sitting beside me and Screwball to Cece’s other side, while Link chose to sit on the opposite side of us. I lowered my scarf began to eat.

“So you are the Displaced my sister told me about?” Luna asked Link.

The hylian turned to look at Luna. “Yeah,” Link answered, he looked a little nervous.

“So you were someone who was taken by their home and became a being who you saw as fictional, correct?”

“Yes” Link answered.

“What exactly did you become? Or rather, who?”

“Link. He’s a hylian who is known throughout Hyrule as a legend, a hero. Each generation has a different Link but same name, and he’s gained a lot of titles through each of his incarnations, like hero of time, twilight, winds, seasons, ages, hero of the gods, the list goes on.” Link explained to the best of his memories.

“Yeah, but they can't speak,” I mentioned. “Only versions I know that do actually talk suck.”

“Let's not go into that right now,” Screwball suggested.

“So exactly what can you do Link?” Celestia asked. “From what we've learned, every Displaced are unique in their abilities.”

“I’ll give you the short version: Weapons both normal and magical, Magic, Transformation Masks, magic gear, and a few other abilities I’ve gained from other fellow displaced. There might be a few things in my pouch I might of forgotten... ” Link explained as he opened the pouch that was tied to his waist and he started shuffling through it.

“And he somehow gave Tito the ability to use magic and turn into a wolf,” Cece commented, giving Emily a twig from her hammerspace.

The princesses eyes widened a bit when they heard that, Luna’s more than Celestia’s. “And how in Equestria did you do that?” Luna asked him.

Link raised his right hand, then proceeded to remove the leather gauntlet. There on his right-hand was a formation of triangles with only the bottom right glowly faintly.” The Triforce of Courage. It’s only a void copy of the original. So far, it has given me courage to do what I need to do, including granting others magic by sharing its energy. Now, the wolf form is actually granted by my token as you can see around my neck, Dark here has a copy of my token and can also access the form.” Link explained.

“I was unaware that tokens were capable of that,” Celestia said.

“So was I, Princess,” I told her. “But his actually does. Actually changed a few minutes ago. Hurt like hell though…”

“Doesn't seem wise to do it then,” Luna said.

“As I explained to Dark, it's only for the first transformation as the Twili magic contained within my token, had to adapt to his DNA in order to make it possible,” Link explained.

“Wait, so Tito's DNA now changes to that of a wolf when he uses your token?” Cece asked, with Link nodding to her in response. “So first he gets spider DNA, now wolf. What's next, a shark?”

“Well... “ Link chuckled softly.” I could possibly do that for him if we came across any dying sharks who have regrets or shark souls who have yet to go to the afterall life and they still remain in the mortal plain for some reason, I can just play the song of healing and it would turn into a mask that allows him to turn into a shark.”

“I was kidding,” Cece said with a deadpan expression.

“Should we be warned of anything with this wolf form?” Luna asked.

“Other than heightened smell and hearing, his behavior will be altered a little bit where he acts more like a wolf due instinct,” Link explained before giving it some thought. “Like if he gets cornered, he will be scared and lash out in self-defence.”

“I'd do that now anyway,” I said.

“Also, according to Link, that form gives Tito the ability to see ghosts and understand animals,” Screwball said.

“Wait, see ghosts?” Cece asked. “Seriously?”

“I'm just as confused as you,” I said, shaking my head.

“It’s how it works in the original game and has served its purpose many times. It will help Dark just as much as it’s helped me.” Link said.

“Seeing dead people or ponies,” Screwball said with a deadpan expression. “Don't see how that's exactly useful. From what I've seen, ghosts are more trouble than help.”

“Do ghosts even exists in this Equestria?” Cece asked.

“That is something that even we don't know,” Celestia said. “Then again, any magic that involves spirits is usually associated with dark magic. And that's not something that many can learn how to use without the proper material.”

Link gave Screwball a minor look of annoyance. “There are spirits who haven’t left the mortal realm. They stay behind for a reason, either due to things they haven’t finished in life, or they want to watch over others as guardians,” he explained as he reached into his pouch to pull out strange purple object with a purple eye in the center, it looked alot like the image on his token. “I can offer to see if there any of them here by looking through the lens of truth.”

“What does that do?” Cece asked. Link focused his magic into it, causing the eye to glow red softly.

“It allows the user to see the truth, what’s real and what’s fake, see through illusions, see spirits, see through fake walls, containers, and last, allows you to see what is invisible to the naked eye.” Link explained as he looked through it to see if there is anything in the room that others couldn’t see.

“So that thing allows you to see through disguises, illusions, and even see ghosts?”

“Exactly.” Link explained as he looked around the room through the eye. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, he cuts off the flow of magic and places the artifact back into the pouch.

“Knew that was a waste of time,” Cece said before taking a sip of water.

“This is one of many of my magical items, I would show them all but it would take all day if I did.” Link said.

“So exactly how long are you staying, anyway?”

“Ask Dark, he holds my token. Only he can send me back to my world.”

“So you don’t have a way of going back unless he dismisses you or someone else summons you?” Screwball asked.

“You hit the nail on the head there, Screwball.” Link said jokingly.

“Huh. Surprised you haven’t found a way to get back on your own after doing this for so long.”

“I have tried though, sadly the void is just too big for me to make a proper recall point,” Link said with a sigh.

“You should find someone to help. I can take others to different Equestrias by using tokens, and Seb’s group can just open boom tubes to go back to their Equestra.”

“Wrong franchise,” I told her.

“Doesn’t matter.”

Cece cleared her throat. “Can someone answer my question?”

“At the earliest, tomorrow, if I can learn how to activate my magic and he teaches me some spells,” I told her. “Latest? Let’s say a week or two.”

“Are there any other questions for me?” Link asked as he looked at everyone.

“Yeah, how is it you can give people magic but can’t tell them how to turn it on?” Cece asked.

“I learned how to use my powers through practice and experimenting, eventually thinking and focusing on the thought of the spell is what allowed me to use the spell. This is why I suggested for Dark to try creating his own way of manipulating the magic within him. Like using arm-motions, muscle reflex, chant, anything he is comfortable with. Magic does not have a right or wrong way of doing it, not unless you were trying something complicated, like Chaos Magic since it tends to have a will of its own. ” Link explained.

Screwball shrugged. “My chaos magic isn’t like that. It does whatever I want.”

“But if someone else tried to use it that isn’t you or Discord. It may not do what they want it to do.” Link said.

“Well they shouldn’t even try. We’re beings of chaos. Our bodies are made of the stuff. Others, not so much.”

“Exactly.” Link said before looking over at me. “The reason why I said there’s no right or wrong way, is that there are a lot of ways it can be used considering the multiverse and the many Displaced within it.”

“From what I’ve learn, that’s an understatement,” I told him before lifting my scarf up.

“So exactly how do you plan to turn on your magic?” Cece asked me.

“Don’t say it like that…” I muttered.

“And to answer your question, we were hoping we can ask Twilight to come tomorrow to help him,” Screwball told her.

“Well then, I’ll send her a letter before I go to bed, and hopefully she can,” Celestia said. “For now, I believe that’s everything we need to discuss.” She then stood up and looked at Link. “You can stay in the room beside Dark and Cece’s. Goodnight everyone.” With that, she left the room.

“What about you, Luna?” Link asked as he turned toward her.

“I may as well start my nightly duties,” the lunar princess said before she got up. “Until tomorrow.” She then left too.

“If there is nothing you’d like to do, Dark, we’d best head to bed too.” Link said.

I shrugged. “Sure. Just follow me.” We all got up from our seats and headed to our rooms. When we got there, we all wished each other a good night before going to sleep.

Author's Note:

Wow. This was done in less than a week. Been over a year since that's happened. So, onto details. This is a crossover with a friend I made in the summer called Displaced Writer, otherwise known as Drakoal on Discord. Or as I like to call him, Drak. One of his stories is on the "Also Liked" stories that's connected to SiE. This takes place during a sequel to a story of his, called A Forced Hero. Or the future of the sequel. Or the future of Forced Hero but before the sequel. One of them. So yeah, Tito can now turn into a wolf. I do not care what any of you say, I'm keeping that. I've been planning this crossover with Drak since summer and it's finally made. So if you don't like it, too bad. At least Tito needs an item to do it and he doesn't have his normal powers in that form, so be happy it's not that OP. On another note, he can now use magic. Once he finds out how to activate it. I honestly found it unrealistic that someone who's never used magic and wasn't turned into a character with magic, will be able to use magic immediately after getting the ability. And, as Link said, he only has a small amount of magic until I find a way for him to expand it, and he can only replenish it by sleep or until I find another way for that too. Know that Tito won't be able to do things like shoot lasers with his magic, because I doubt that's a good idea. What he WILL be able to do, that I don't know yet. We'll see. Well, that's about it for now. Until next time.
-Dark

P.S. Once again, thanks Star for the title suggestion.

PreviousChapters Next