• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 8,276 Views, 987 Comments

Spider in Equestria - DarkSpider



I just buy a mask and sword from some cloaked weirdo, and now I'm in a world of humanoid ponies in Equestria. Oh, and I have powers that are identical to Spider-Man. Well, this is my life now

  • ...
51
 987
 8,276

PreviousChapters Next
47. Dive Into The Heart Part 1: Trial Of Power

Dark’s eyes snapped wide open, his heart beating rapidly as he looked around. Surrounding him was nothing but a pitch black void, absent of light and anything else that would give his location away. Even in the void, all Dark could feel is a cold emptiness, everything around him felt strangely similar to being underwater. “Venom? Do you know what’s going on?” He asked, frowning when he didn’t get a response.

Then… his feet touch something solid. He looked around, what felt like water swirled around him and yet he could breathe…but he still couldn’t see. Darkness surrounded him. Not feeling his spider-sense go off, he hesitantly took a step forward. As soon as his foot touched the ground the darkness exploded, peeling into white doves that flew away and above him, carrying the water with them. As they fled, the birds revealed a circular platform, stained glass now beneath his feet. Standing on the decorative glass, Dark looked down and saw what appeared to be himself, one with slightly longer hair with blue streaks.

"What the hell…" Dark muttered as he looked around.

“There is power within you…” A calm, and encouraging voice echoed around him, causing him to look around for the source of the voice. “If you give that power form, it can protect you.” The voice hinted, when suddenly a trio of pedestals emerged from the platform he was standing in, somehow not breaking any of the glass. On the pedestals was a sword, a wand, and a shield.

“What path will you take? All paths move forward, don’t be afraid.”

Dark blinked when he looked at the items before recognizing what's going on. "So this is basically like the tutorial." He then shrugged. "In that case, might as well pick the one I always chose." With that said, he walked to the sword.

“The path of the warrior. Great power and courage, terrible destruction and burden.” The voice said quietly as Dark walked towards it. “Is this the path you choose?”

Dark nodded to himself before grabbing the sword.

A blinding flash of light shone through the darkness near the platform, the brightness causing Dark to close his eyes. After waiting for the light to dim, Dark opened his eyes and saw a row of white, transparent stairs leading upwards towards another platform of in the distance. After waiting for a few seconds, Dark shrugged and walked up the steps. When he reached the center of the next platform, he heard the voice again.

“Be careful, there will be times where you have to fight. Even here, there is darkness…”

"I believe I know where this is going…" Dark muttered before gripping the sword tight.

Then in the corner of his eye, he saw movement, a flat shadow crawled towards him. Stopping in front of him, the shadow pulled itself off the ground, revealing itself to be a black ant-like creature with a pair of beady yellow eyes. Its antennae bobbed as it tilted its head at him, flexing its claws, the creature leapt towards Dark, its claws stretched out to scratch him.

Dark stepped to the side of the creature before stabbing it through the head.

The Shadow made no noise as its body poofed, leaving no trace of its existence behind.

“Don’t drop your guard. The darkness is always just behind you…”

All around the platform, more flat shadows appeared, crawling towards Dark before pulling themselves out of the ground and leaping towards him. The small swarm continued attacking, ignoring the deaths of their comrades and the swings of Dark’s sword.

From the edge of the platform, a bright red door rose from the floor, providing Dark a chance to escape. Upon seeing the door, the Shadows increased the ferocity of their attacks, desperate to not let him escape. Dark slashed at the dark creatures blocking his path, cutting down all of the ones that stood in his way.

As Dark made his way to the door, the platform around him continued to get smaller, being completely covered by the shadowy creatures. Reaching the door handle, he swung the door wide open and jumped inside, just barely avoiding a claw swipe from a shadow.

Just like when the stairs appeared, he was once again blinded by a flash of light, forcing him to close his eyes to block out the light. When he opened his eyes, he immediately noticed the marble walls, pillars, and floor that made up Canterlot Castle. Looking around, he spotted an open door in front of him, leading him to the outside of the castle.

Once he was outside in the castle’s gardens, he immediately noticed the lone figure standing a few feet away from him, staring at him with narrowed eyes. Dark blinked, shocked at what exactly was staring at him. The creature that was practically glaring at him was a Mega Lucario, Bri’s final evolution and mega form, with some rather noticeable scars scattered around its body.

"Okay, now I am completely confused," Dark muttered before looking around. "Wish I remembered more about that tutorial…"

The Lucario raised its crimson paws and crossed them. Seeming to take a break from glaring, it closed its eyes and turned its head to the ground. “The Path of the Warrior, great power and courage comes to those who heed it, yet terrible destruction and burden await all who are consumed by it.” Dark gaped when he heard the feminine voice come out of the Mega Pokemon, not expecting the Pokemon to speak. The Pokemon turned towards him and met his gaze with a glare. “Tell me, what is most important to you?”

After a few seconds, Dark muttered, "A talking Mega-Lucario… What the hell is going on…" to no one in particular with a shake of the head until he blinked and looked at the pokemon again. "Wait, what did you say?"

“What is most important to you?” The Lucario repeated the question, continuing to glare at him.

Dark shrugged. "Simple. My friends and my family. Why?"

The Lucario hummed. “Friends and family?” She repeated. “You have chosen the path of the warrior, great destruction and burden will follow you, and they will follow those you value if you don’t have the strength to protect them.”

Dark raised an eyebrow. "Why do you care?"

“You are not yet ready.” She shook her head. “And should you lack the power and courage to fulfill your role, darkness will swallow your friends and family.” As she finished her response and black aura started to surround her, clinging onto her like a cloak. Her red eyes became a bright, shining yellow. Stretching out her arm, a black bone like club appeared on her paw. The pokemon then roared, her shadowy aura flaring.

Dark rolled his eyes and sighed before taking a fighting stance and tightening his grip on the sword in his hand.

The Mega pokemon quickly raised up her paw to the air and tightened it into a fist. Under Dark, a mass of black tendrils shot out around him and grabbed at his shadow, holding onto it tightly. Acting quickly, the Pokemon cloaked herself with her black aura and rushed at Dark for a tackle.

Seeing the attack coming for him, Dark quickly tried to jump out of the way, only to fall onto the ground. Looking back, Dark saw the mass of tendrils gripping only his shadow.

“Shadow Hold, you cannot escape… have courage and use the power you have, and you will be able to win.” The voice from before advised him.

Dark didn’t have time to think or respond to the voice when the Lucario’s tackle hit him. He felt a sharp pain in his chest as he was launched backwards, falling back inside the castle. The tendrils from before shot out of the ground and gripped his shadow again.

Dark growled in frustration, gripping his sword tightly. Seeing the Lucario rush him again, he swung his sword at her charging form, successfully managing to hit and push her back.

Landing on her feet, the Lucario roared, her black aura shooting up to the castle’s ceiling, covering the entire ceiling in literal darkness. Suddenly the darkness in the ceiling sharpened, and started falling like rain.

Raising his arms up, Dark tried to block the raining darkness, hissing in pain every time the dagger-like shadows hit him. Bringing down one of his arms, he shot out a web and pulled her towards him, slashing her with his sword as soon as she got close.

The Lucario hissed, pulling back her palm and hitting Dark at the middle of his chest. Dark gasped for air as he flew back once again, feeling every part of him seize every time he tried to move a limb. The cloud of darkness in the sky started raining again, its shadows only harming Dark. Jumping high into the air, the Lucario summoned her bone club and aimed down at Dark’s chest, intending to impale him.

Feeling his spider-sense take over, Dark quickly rolled out of the way of the incoming attack, just barely dodging the bone club. Grabbing his fallen sword, he swung at the pokemon and hit the Lucario with the broadside of the blade, causing the pokemon to stagger backwards. Quickly taking advantage of his opponent’s state, he pulled back his arm and punched her across the face. Dark grimaced in pain when he felt the shadowy rain stab his body, and muttered a quick curse when the Pokemon jumped away.

The black aura surrounding the pokemon became denser as she snarled and barked. Her yellow eyes seemed smaller as she glared hatefully at him. “Not enough… You’re not enough.” She barked, snapping her jaws at him. “Need more power… you can’t save them! Darkness swallowed me! And it will swallow the rest of them too!” Suddenly the bone club on her paw disappeared and she began whimpering, the pokemon screwed her eyes shut in pain as she raised her paws to grab at her head. The black aura around her swirled, becoming red in color, and as if acting on it's own, it shot out of her in the form of a shadowy wave.

Dark quickly leapt away, barely dodging the Shadow Wave. Glancing behind him, he noticed the dark tendrils disappearing.

“Her emotions entered a fever pitched, she’s entered Hyper Mode! Defeat her and free her heart from darkness.”

"This is insane…" Dark muttered.

Gathering up her red aura, the Lucario launched it to the ground below her. Suddenly feeling his spider-sense go off again, he jumped high into the air, dodging the red spikes that shot out of the ground below him in time.

Using his webs, he used the pillars to swing closer to the mega evolution, doing his best to ignore the cold sensation that stabbed at his chest everytime the shadow droplets hit him.

The Lucario’s eyes widened when she saw Dark coming towards her, manipulating her red aura, she launched another Shadow Wave at him, attempting to push him away.

Using his webs to go around the wave of darkness, Dark jumped down behind the Lucario. Gripping his blade with both hands, he slashed the Lucario across her chest. Suddenly the sword started to shine brightly, the light of the blade being almost blinding. Then, as if knowing what had to be done, Dark brought the blade back and shoved the blade into the Pokemon.

The Mega Lucario howled, the red aura lashing out violently as it glowed with a bright white light. Suddenly a green aura started to emit from the stab wound, slowly surrounding her entire body, the green glow expelled the darkness that clung onto her. The pokemon took a step back, staggering. Her yellow eyes returned to their normal shade of red, the pokemon briefly glanced at Dark before falling to her knees, gasping for air.

The darkness above them rumbled, black lightning briefly shot out of it before it began disappearing. The castle’s ceiling soon became visible again as the Shadow Sky’s effects wore off.

Dark took a knee before looking around. "Okay, seriously. What the hell just happened?"

The pokemon took a few calming breaths, briefly glancing at him before returning her gaze to the ground. “A taste of what's to come if you let the darkness take root and fester on your world.” The pokemon smiled. “As for me specifically? I’m here to test you, to be your trial, to see if you could walk the path of the warrior.” She smirked. “You’ve completed the Trial of Power. There will be others, to test your worthiness.”

"Okay… Mind telling why you care so much?"

She shrugged. “Sorry, but it's not my place to say.”

Dark sighed. "So now what?"

Looking behind Dark, she gestured him to look back. Behind him was a bright red door, the door stood still in the middle of the room. “Go to your next trial, complete their challenge, and prove you are worthy of the light’s power.” The Pokemon stood up, crossing her arms. “Have courage, and use the power you have wisely. Do not let yourself be consumed by it, and you will be just fine.”

Dark rolled his eyes as he walked to the door. "I'm pretty sure this did not happen in the first game…" he muttered before he opened the door and stepped through it.

Author's Note:

Well that's posted. This is part 1 of 4. It was originally gonna be a single chapter but with how long it got, Star and I decided to split it. Seriously, it was over 13k words. And sorry for any one who gets mad at how we're doing this. As you can obviously tell, we took some liberties (for lack of a better word) regarding how this works. The reason for why Tito went through what he did during his Dive will be revealed in the final part of this set.

Hello wonderful readers! Tis I, the great Star709, here once again with a new chapter! This chapter did give some trouble to us, but luckily Dark and I were able to pull through. So please let us know what you think of the chapter, and if you have any questions feel free to leave them here. Until next time!

-Dark

Star

PreviousChapters Next