• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 8,275 Views, 987 Comments

Spider in Equestria - DarkSpider



I just buy a mask and sword from some cloaked weirdo, and now I'm in a world of humanoid ponies in Equestria. Oh, and I have powers that are identical to Spider-Man. Well, this is my life now

  • ...
51
 987
 8,275

PreviousChapters Next
31. Blazing Reunion

(Third Person POV, Friendship Express)

“We'll be arriving at Ponyville in just a few minutes folks,” the conductor said over the intercom.

One of the passengers smiled. “Can't believe how long it's been since we seen Twilight. How do you think she is?” She asked her husband.

When she was only met with silence, she looked to her husband and saw him deep in thought. When she nudged him, he started paying attention again. After repeating her question, he said, “Hopefully she's doing okay. But if those rumors are true…”

His wife patted his shoulder. “I'm sure everything is just fine. If anything, it's probably just the townsfolk overreacting over something. Don't you think Twilight would've sent a letter to us if it was really that bad?”

Her husband sighed. “Yeah. Maybe you're right.” He then looked at their companion, who was looking out the window. “You okay?”

Their companion nodded. “Yeah, I'm fine. Just getting used to the fact I'm finally about to see someplace new,” she told them, her gold eyes seeing the town in the distance. She took a deep breath before lifting a hand up and lowering her visor. “Well, time to meet another princess…”


Twilight was sitting on her throne in the map room, carefully reading the journal she got from Sarah during her first, and currently only, trip to another Equestria. Spike was out in the town, doing his own thing while Starlight was sitting in Fluttershy’s throne, reading a spell book she found in the library. As Twilight was reading an entry regarding the Fennekin line, she heard the door to the room being knocked on. Getting up and closing the book with her magic, she walked towards the door.

When she opened it, she was greeted by two very familiar faces. The first was a unicorn stallion with a white coat and blue mane with matching eyes and his cutie mark being one of a blue shield with a purple star in the center. Beside him was a pink alicorn with a multi colored mane, purple eyes, and and a heart made of crystal as her mark.

When Twilight realized who they were, she immediately hugged them. “Shining Armor. Cadance. It’s so good to see you.” After she let go of them, she and Cadance did their little handshake together.

When they were done and laughing, Twilight heard a new and unfamiliar female voice. “Wow. Out of everything I expected, seeing you two shake your butts at each other was not something I saw coming.”

When Twilight looked to the voice, she saw a figure walk into the room. She was an anthropomorphic lavender furred feline, roughly the same size as Cece, wearing a set of silver colored armor covering her lower legs, torso, arms, hands, and face, with three pieces of her hair sticking straight up, and a tail sticking out, and a sword strapped to her side that seemed to suit her size. The final noteworthy detail was a necklace with a green medallion shaped like a tiger head.

Once Twilight was done processing the newcomer, she noticed the the feline crossed her arms. “So you’re Shining Armor’s sister? Princess Twilight Sparkle right?”

Twilight nodded. “Yes. And do you mind if I ask who you are?”

The feline extended a hand. “Elizabeth. A guard in training.”

After Twilight shook Elizabeth's hand, she looked at her brother. “Guard in training?”

Shining Armor nodded. “She has a lot of potential.”

“Probably more than you think,” Starlight commented, having put down the book she was reading when Elizabeth walked in. “Though I wonder if she can hold her own against Twilight's new guards.”

That comment surprised the visiting royals, who looked at Twilight in surprised. “You got yourself new guards?” Cadance asked.

“About time,” Shining added. When he saw his sister's glare, he said, “Sorry Twily, but seriously, you should've gotten guards a long time ago. Then stuff like Starlight breaking in wouldn't have happened.” He then immediately looked at the unicorn guiltily when he realized what he said. “Uh, no offense?”

“Some taken,” Starlight responded with an annoyed eye roll.

Twilight cleared her throat. “So, not that I don't mind seeing you two again, but what's with the surprise visit?”

“Your brother here was worried about you ever since he heard about some attack here,” Elizabeth explained.

“Attack? What do you mean?”

Cadance sighed. “We heard a rumor about an attack happening several weeks ago about two demons and-”

“A pony made of clouds?” Twilight and Starlight asked in unison.

“Yeah…” Shining confirmed.

The two sighed, Twilight facepalming and saying, “That stupid rumor even reached the Crystal Empire?”

“You know about it?” Shining asked.

The two nodded. “While there was an attack, it wasn't because of demons,” Starlight told them.

“Then what happened?”

“Some friends of ours fought a villain that showed up in town who was causing trouble,” Twilight explained.

“Two of them being those guards of Twilight's,” Starlight added.

Shining then looked at them in confusion. “Then why does everypony say it was demons? And what's the deal about the cloud pony?”

“Oh, that was Rainbow,” Twilight said simply.

Shining and Cadance blinked. “Huh?”

“Who?” Elizabeth asked.

“A pegasus friend of ours who apparently had a special gene inside her that nopony, including her, knew about until the day before the attack,” Starlight said. “Said gene activated during the fight apparently.”

“And this gene somehow allows her to turn into clouds?”

“And create swords made of ice, blast water from her hands, emit steam from her body, make ice pillars under her hooves, and create large waves of water from out of nowhere,” Twilight added. “And if I'm right, she'll gain more abilities over time.”

“How does a gene allow somepony to do that?” Cadance asked, shocked.

Twilight shrugged. “Only one who knew anything about the gene isn't here, and he couldn't tell me much about it during his stay.”

Shining Armor shook his head. “Okay, but what about the demon thing?”

“The villain, named Nisled, also has that gene and I'm told he was able to create demon-like creatures to attack others and produce large claws over his hands to attack those near him.”

“And the other demon?” Elizabeth asked.

Twilight sighed. “He's one of my guards. He was the first to go out and fight Nisled. During the fight, his hood fell off and everypony saw his face. I only learned sometime later that when he's angry, his eyes turn red and scares anyone who sees it. When the ponies of town saw it during the fight, they grew terrified and started calling him a demon.”

“A mess that we've been trying to fix ever since,” Starlight added, getting up and walking to Twilight's side.

“What do you mean?” Cadance asked.

“He ended up feared by most of the town, to the point he and his sister had to leave,” Twilight said.

“To where?” Shining asked.

“They're currently staying at the castle in Canterlot til things calm down here,” Starlight told them. “They're “training” the guards there,” she finished, using air quotes.

Shining Armor frowned. “What's with the quotes?”

“Mostly because it's more of a beating than training.”

“They're being beaten by the guards?!” Cadance asked in shocked.

Twilight and Starlight laughed. When they calmed down, Twilight said, “Oh no. The exact opposite.”

“Huh?” The royal couple asked.

“Those two are very strong and skilled. The guards are pretty much a joke to them.”

“Heck, one of them outright says that the day guard are jokes,” Starlight added.

Once that processed, Shining said, “Well, we should meet them.”

Twilight and Starlight both gave a quick glance to Elizabeth before the purple alicorn said, “Okay.”

“Wait, so I'm going to meet the most powerful beings in this world and a guy who's seen as a demon?” Elizabeth asked.

Cadance chuckled. “Don't worry Eli. My aunts aren't ponies you need to worry about.”

“And Dark is no demon, despite what this town thinks,” Twilight added, with one of Elizabeth's ears twitching when she heard that name. “Come on. We might be able to catch the next train to Canterlot.”

As the group started to leave the map room, they immediately heard a snap and saw a flash of light before they all noticed they were in a different location.

Before they can properly process that, they all heard someone say, “Figured I'd save you the time.”

As they all turned around, they saw Screwball lounging in the air with Brianna being levitated beside her, a book briefly being seen in the filly's hands before it disappeared.

Before anyone else can react, Cadance cooed and flew up to Brianna before hugging her. “Oh, this is so cute! Where did you get it?”

Screwball simply chuckled before snapping her fingers with Bri suddenly appearing to the other side of her, slightly dazed, before Screwball lowered the both of them and extended an arm to Shining. As he reluctantly shook it, he said, “Um, hi. I'm-”

“Prince Shining Armor, captain of the guard,” Screwball said. “Co-ruler of the Crystal Empire, husband of Princess Cadance, father of Flurry Heart, older brother of Twilight Sparkle, and very well known to many for throwing your wife like a javelin to save Spike.”

While Shining and Cadance, who just lowered herself to the ground, were slightly shocked at Screwball's knowledge, Elizabeth and Starlight looked at the two and said, “Wait, what was that last part?”

Screwball nodded. “Not kidding. Shining literally threw Cadance at Spike to save him. It's pretty funny to watch.”

Elizabeth shook her head. “Okay, who are you?”

“I'm Screwball. Daughter of Discord, princess of chaos.”

Cadance gave Screwball a confused look. “Wait, since when did Discord have a daughter?”

“I was made a few weeks ago when my daddy was inspired by versions of me that were introduced. Now…” Screwball then immediately appeared to Elizabeth's side and circled her. “You're an interesting case. Didn't even know you were around. So how long did you know?”

“Know what?” Elizabeth asked, gripping her sword.

“About Displaced,” Screwball said simply.

While Shining and Cadance looked shocked, Elizabeth simply sighed before lifting her visor, revealing her golden eyes. “So Displaced are common knowledge around these parts?”

“So you are a Displaced!” Starlight said, causing everyone to stare at her. After a few moments, she folded ears and took a step back. “Sorry, just didn't wanna assume.”

“Wait, so you know about Displaced?” Shining asked, looking at Twilight and Starlight.

Twilight nodded. “Those guards of mine? They're both Displaced.”

“Who did they become?” Elizabeth asked.

“Amy Rose and a Spidey recolor,” Screwball told her.

Before Elizabeth can continue, she felt a tap to her leg. Lowering her gaze a bit, she saw Brianna with her arms up. Smiling softly, she picked up the pup, who hugged Elizabeth immediately after.

“Does that dog have something to do with that Displaced?” Shining asked.

“She's a jackal, and yeah,” Screwball explained. “Tito saved her egg, don't ask, a few weeks ago, she hatched in his arms, and sees him as her dad.”

At the sound of that name, Elizabeth's eyes widened slightly. “T-Tito?”

“You okay Eli?” Cadance asked.

“Who is Tito?” Shining questioned.

Screwball simply held up three fingers and silently started counting down. When she reached zero, she pointed behind her as the doors opened, revealing Dark, Cece, and their pokemon, the siblings deep in a conversation with their cover still on.

“-friend,” Cece finished.

“She's decent enough I believe,” Dark told her. “Nicest of those greedy birds you'll find there as far as I know.” A moment later, Brianna immediately leaped out of Elizabeth's arms and ran to Dark in a blur, tackling him in a hug and causing him to drop a small box he had in his hand.

While Dark was getting up, Cece looked forward and noticed the group that was not far in front of them. “Um, Tito? Isn't there a stained glass window about a pink alicorn and white unicorn?”

“Yeah, why?” Dark asked. When he saw where Cece pointed to in response, he widened his eyes under his hood as he moved Bri behind him as she held onto his back. “Well… didn't expect this. The princess of love, the captain of the royal guard, and a Blaze Displaced.”

Elizabeth faltered as she finally started paying attention to his voice. After taking a deep breath, she stepped forward to Dark and Cece, silently examining them, mostly Dark.

After a few moments, Cece waved a hand in front of Elizabeth's face. “You okay lady?” When Elizabeth saw Cece's hand, she immediately grabbed it and pulled her closer to see the back of it. “Hey, what's your problem?” Cece asked, getting prepared to grab her hammer before she was let go.

Elizabeth then looked Cece in the eyes. “Cece?” Elizabeth asked in a barely audible whisper, her eyes starting to well up.

Cece rose an eyebrow. “Do I know you?” She asked before immediately being hugged by the feline Displaced.

“I thought I'd never see any of you again,” Elizabeth said, tears trickling down her eyes.

“Elizabeth?” Shining said. “Are you okay?”

“Wait, Elizabeth?” Dark asked, looking at her again and noticing her green medallion. With a step back in surprised, he said, “Eli?”

With a smile, Elizabeth separated from Cece and walked to Dark before chuckling. “Been a while Tito. Can't tell if you got taller or if it's just me being shorter now,” she said before giving him a hug as well.

Dark chuckled as well as he returned the embrace. “Good seeing you again Eli.”

“Um, can someone tell me how you three know each other?” Shining asked the Displaced.

After they separated, Elizabeth turned to the others and said, “Shining Armor, Cadance, these are Tito and Cece. My younger cousins.”

All five of the ponies blinked. “Cousins?”

Screwball then said, “Huh. I can't tell if that's lucky that you guys can see more family now, or the opposite since it means that more of your family dealt with the Merchant.”

“Rather pay attention to the good parts right now,” Elizabeth said.

Screwball shrugged. “Can't argue with that. Well, I'm sure there are plenty of stories to tell, so let's discuss it during lunch,” she said as she began heading towards the dining hall with everyone joining her.

Dark stood still for a moment before picking up the box he dropped. After looking inside and making sure the item inside was okay, he headed to his room to put it in his bag before he went to join the others.

Author's Note:

And another one done before Thanksgiving. So yeah, another Displaced character. This been planned for a year now, but the debut chapter was planned for later but I felt like it'd fit here. Sorry if it isn't that good. Until next time. Also, know that the next chapter might have some recapping of past events. Either that or I have that be a lost chapter and skip to Eli's side of the story. Most likely the latter.

PreviousChapters Next