• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 8,276 Views, 987 Comments

Spider in Equestria - DarkSpider



I just buy a mask and sword from some cloaked weirdo, and now I'm in a world of humanoid ponies in Equestria. Oh, and I have powers that are identical to Spider-Man. Well, this is my life now

  • ...
51
 987
 8,276

PreviousChapters Next
23. Colorful Confessions

“I see you're getting better, sis,” I told Cece as she jumped over a thestral that was charging her.

She then landed behind the charging thestral and kicked him in the side, sending him tumbling before replying. “Told you these guys were useful.”

The two of us were currently sparring with a couple of thestrals in the training grounds at Luna’s behest, as she thought that them sparring with us would actually toughen them up. The other members of the team that Luna had posted for today’s session were watching intently as their companions were doing their best…but that’s not really enough against superpowered individuals.

I shook my head before responding, “Maybe, but don't forget why we're doing this.” I then parried an attack from another thestral with my sword before shooting a web at him and pulling him towards Cece, who uppercutted him, knocking him out.

I then sheathed my sword before walking towards the nearest wall and picked up my bag.

Cece then walked towards me, pulling her hood up to cover her face. “You gotta admit, this is fun.”

“Maybe, but I don't find it pleasing that all the guards can easily be beaten by two amateurs,” I said as I see the two thestrals we were sparring with slowly getting up, groaning in pain.

“Oh suck it up,” Cece said to the two as they limped away towards their fellow teammates, who patted them on their backs. She then turned to me. “Isn't that why Luna wanted us to do this? To actually give them a challenge and toughen them up?”

I shrugged. “Still, kinda sad.” I walked back towards the castle. Once we got inside, the two of us let our respected pokemon from their pokeballs. Cece held Emily in her arms when Mike just walked beside us.

“So now what should we do?” Cece asked.

I shrugged. “No idea. Maybe Screwy will know.”

With that, we stood silent until we reached our room. Inside, we saw Screwball watching something on my laptop, with the egg I got the previous week by her side, still in its incubator. When she heard the door close, she looked towards us and smiled. “Hey guys. How did the training go?”

“Completely curbstomped them, again,” Cece said proudly. “Though, those guys were actually better than any of the day guards I trained on.”

I walked towards the the egg and picked it up. “Any changes Screwball?”

The chaos filly nodded her head. “Yeah. It shook a bit earlier.”

I nodded. “Good to know.”

Cece then turned to me. “When is that supposed to hatch anyway?”

“No idea,” I replied. “No idea what pokemon it is, when it was laid, nor how long pokemon eggs take to hatch.”

“That's not in your games?”

“In the games, you just have to walk enough steps ‘til an egg hatches. But like I told you before, things are different here. I mean, maybe Twilight would know with that book of hers, but we'd no doubt’ll need to know what it is at least.” I then sighed, feeling a bit sad thinking about my friend.

Cece stared at me for a moment. “You miss them, don't you?”

I waved my hand in dismissal. “It's nothing. They're no doubt busy going through the baseline.”

“Baseline?”

“That's what I'm calling the events of the show. That whole thing with Rarity's opening, Rainbow becoming a WonderBolt, as well as Starlight meeting a pony called Trixie? Those are all events in the baseline that's happened since we came here.”

Cece nodded before shrugging. “I doubt anything can go through the “baseline” after what happened with Nisled.”

“You never know.” I said with a shrug.

After a few moments of silence, Screwball closed my laptop and got up from the bed. “Okay, you guys free?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Well maybe we can wander the castle together.”

I shrugged. “Literally got nothing better to do. Mike?” My partner just shrugged, okay with the activity. I then turned to Cece. “You?”

Cece shrugged. “Sure.”

Screwball smiled at that before floating outside the room, with us close behind.

‘Hope the girls are okay. And that they find a way to calm things down soon.’

Soon after thinking that, my mind turned towards a particular member of the Ponyville girls.

A cocky grin, with running pants and a tight shirt and jacket that defined her attributes, as her multi-colored hair flowed with the wind, and her red eyes…

I immediately shook my head and placed a hand on my forehead.

‘What the hell was that about?’

“You okay Tito?” Screwball asked me as I stood there.

“Y-yeah,” I replied. “Just...thinking about a few things.” I immediately walked passed her, not wanting to talk anymore on the subject.


(Canterlot Castle, Third Person POV)

Meanwhile, at a private study within Castle Canterlot…

“They're on their way?” Luna asked her older sister.

Celestia nodded. “I just received a letter from Twilight a couple of minutes ago saying so.”

“Why must we keep this a secret from the two of them, Sister?”

“Simple Lulu. I want this to be a surprise. Cece may be able to entertain herself with fighting our guards, but Dark is a different story. I can see it in his eyes when he's unoccupied. He misses them deeply. And since the girls have been worried about the two of them, I believed we can solve both problems by having them come visit.” Celestia smirked. “Besides I would like to see how the rest of them will react to Screwball.”

Luna then giggled at that. “That would be rather interesting, I must admit.” She then tilted her head. “And what about the pony that took care of Cece when she first came to Equestria? What was her name again? Coco?”

Celestia nodded. “Yes, Ms. Pommel. Twilight has told me that they expect to be on the train with her. Then when they arrive, they'll be able to spend time with their friends.”

“Well, I hope that they all have a good time together,” Luna told Celestia with a genuine yet discreet smile, before waiting for her sister to reply to her, hands placed one over the other.

Celestia smiled. “I have no doubt they will Luna.” A few moments later, someone knocked the door. “Come in.”

A guard walked into the study and gave a small bow, his body covered in bruises, his expression one of annoyance. “Your majesties.”

Celestia looked to the guard with concern in her eyes and tone as she asked him, “Is something wrong?”

The guard lifted himself up and looked the solar diarch in the eyes. “No, your highness. I've come to inform you that the...training has finished.”

“I take it from your bruises and mood that those two beat all of you again?” Luna asked with her arms crossed, looking around the guard’s body with slight amusement in her voice.

The guard hesitated before lowering his head. “...yes,” he said in a low voice full of embarrassment.

Luna shook her head and sighed. “This is why I thought the training was necessary.” She then looked back at the guard. “Do you know where they are now?”

The guard shrugged. “Last anypony heard, they were just roaming around with their companions and that strange filly.”

Celestia nodded. “Very well. Can you tell them that we wish to see them in the throne room?”

The guard nodded. “Yes, your majesty.” He then bowed and left the room.

Luna then looked at her sister. “So when do you think they should arrive?”

“If I had to guess, about a half hour at most,” Celestia replied with a shrug before rising from her seat.

“Then let's go. It'll be best if we give them a proper greeting.” Luna said before following her sister, rising as well then walking out the room together.


(Friendship Express, Third Person POV)

“So anypony mind telling me why the princesses asked us to come to Canterlot?” Starlight asked while the group were all sitting by each other in the train car.

Among said group were the former bearers of the Elements of Harmony, Spike, Starlight, and Coco Pommel.

“Princess Celestia thinks that it's a good idea to come and visit Dark and Cece,” Spike replied. “And she said something about meeting somepony that's been staying with them lately.”

Applejack then looked at Spike with a confused look on her face. “And what did she say about this pony?”

Twilight and Spike looked at each other before shrugging and shaking their heads. Twilight then said, “All we know is that they're apparently pretty close to Dark and Cece, and that Princess Celestia wants us to meet them.”

Starlight nodded before looking at Pinkie, who was busy eating a large pile of sweets she bought. Starlight shook her head and chuckled at the earth pony’s antics. She then looked at Rainbow, who was staring out the window with a bored expression on her face, her wings flapping every few moments.

Starlight then cleared her throat, getting the pegasus’ attention. “You okay Rainbow?”

Rainbow sighed before leaning back on her seat, her arms crossed. “Yeah, just bored. How much longer will it take? Seriously, I could've made it there by now by just flying.”

“Just be patient, Rainbow Dash,” Rarity said as she was occupying herself by sewing a jacket. “We'll be there soon enough.”

Spike then seemed to remember something before looking to the cyan pegasus. “Hey Rainbow, do you know about this pony the princess mentioned? You might've met them when you visited Dark last week.” The moment she heard that sentence, Rarity stopped sewing, her ears perking up.

Rainbow nodded, putting her hands in the pockets of her own jacket. “Yeah. Met her a few weeks ago actually, during a visit there with Spitfire and Soarin. The pony is just a nice filly.” She then chuckled a bit to herself. “Though I guess you can say she's a little chaotic.”

“I'll keep that in mind.” Twilight replied.

“Excuse me,” Rarity said, putting the jacket down. “What's this about visiting Dark last week?”

“Oh, Princess Celestia sent me a letter from Dark last week that was for Rainbow,” Spike replied with a shrug. “After I gave it to her, she immediately went to Canterlot and spent the day there.”

Rarity then looked at Rainbow with a large smirk on her face, causing Rainbow to grow uneasy. “Um...why are you looking at me like that?”

“So that's why you're so eager to get to Canterlot, hmm?” Rarity asked Rainbow with an amused tone in her voice. “Enjoying the blue and black?”

Rainbow just looked at Rarity, completely confused. “What?”

Pinkie tilted her head in confusion, a slight frown on her face. “Are you talking about Princess Luna and her guard?” The earth pony asked.

Rarity sighed, shaking her head. “No Pinkie, I am referring to Dark.”

“Ooooh.”

“What about him?” Rainbow asked.

Rarity scoffed. “Come now, Rainbow. You been distracted since he started staying in Canterlot, you spent a lot of your time with him beforehand, and apparently you jumped at the chance to see him again.”

Rainbow's eyes narrowed slightly. “And what are you implying, Rarity?” She asked, her voice cold.

Rarity shrugged, not noticing Rainbow's tone. “Simple, darling. By the looks of it, you seem to have a little crush on our wall crawling friend.”

“Wait, what?” Everyone else said, a bit of shock evident in their voices.

Twilight then shook her head and cleared her throat. “Um...is that true Rainbow?”

Rainbow stood silent for a few seconds before sighing, her ears folding back, head down, her mane covering her eyes. She then said in a low voice, “Fine. You got me, okay? Are you happy?”

Rarity squeed. “Oh, this is just wonderful!” She leaned over to Rainbow and pulled her into a hug, “Oh why didn’t you tell me sooner?!” She asked, gasping, “Have you already confessed to Dark? Did you already go on a date with him?! I have soo many questions!”

Rainbow quickly Cloud Dashed away from Rarity's grip. She then sighed. “Okay no, on both of those,” she said in an annoyed tone, her cheeks matching Pinkie’s coat.

A large smile appeared on Rarity’s face as she started clapping, almost squealing in glee, “This. Is. Perfect!” She yelled, surprising everyone, “In that case! I’m not too late!” She jumped up from her seat and walked towards Rainbow, her wide grin never leaving her face, “Let me help! Just leave everything to me and I can assure you that this strapping young stallion, er, human will be heads over hooves for you!”

Applejack smirked at the blushing pegasus, and grinned before saying to her, “So, Rainbow… ah have to admit ah didn’ see that one comin’! And just so you know, the barn is free for ya when ya want tah say your vows!”

Rainbow's face immediately started to match her eyes. She then gritted her teeth. “Not. Funny.” She then turned to the pale unicorn that was invading her personal space. “And I'm good Rarity. Thanks…”

“Wow, Rainbow Dash… I didn’t notice how you felt for him. Why haven’t you said anything so far? You two will do well together.” Fluttershy told Rainbow Dash softly, not a single iota of sarcasm or teasing in her face.

Rainbow took a deep sigh. “Celestia damnit Spike…”

“Hey, what did I do?” The drake asked.

“You're the one who told Rarity that I visited Dark last week and started all this.”

Pinkie Pie was giggling all the while at Rainbow’s expense, before exclaiming “Does this means that I get to throw you two a ‘Congratulations on making it past friends stage’ celebration?!’”

“No!” Rainbow yelled, her hands glowing, unbeknownst to almost everyone.

“Oh! Your hands are a’glowin’! Does that mean we get to see you work like a Squirtle!?” Pinkie Pie gasped, before grabbing her hands and staring at them intently.

Rainbow's eyes widened and she yanked her hands away, before taking a few deep breaths to calm down, her hands turning back to normal.

“Aww! I wanted to see you go all ‘Squirtle! Squirtle!” Pinkie Pie wailed at her friend.

“How do you know what that is?” Twilight asked the party mare.

“Saw your book at the castle yesterday!” Pinkie explained helpfully. “There was also a cloud next to it that exclaimed ‘Squirtle!’ while pukin’ a torrent of water! Do you know how useful that be for when I’m throwing parties in the middle of summer!?” Pinkie Pie finished while shaking Twilight from her shoulders, making her eyes go crossed for a moment.

After Twilight stopped seeing the cart spinning, she shook her head and cleared her throat. “Well Pinkie, you won't be able to do that with a Squirtle, since the only Pokemon in this dimension are Mike and Emily.”

“Not for long…” Rainbow muttered while looking out the window, quiet enough that none of the others heard her. She then took a deep breath.

“Hey guys?” Rainbow asked her friends quietly, while looking down at the floor.

Everypony looked to Rainbow, curious on what she had to say.

Rainbow Dash turned her sights towards all of the ponies present, in a deliberately slow fashion - all while her face showed seriousness - before saying out to them softly, “I want you all to do me a big favor, regarding my...crush,” she said that last word quietly, but loud enough for them to hear. She then sighed. “I need you all to Pinkie Promise me that none of you will tell Dark about my crush, at all.”

“Aww! But I already have plans for your party if you propose!” Pinkie Pie wailed before giggling and saying with seriousness and earnestly, “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye,” she finished, placing her hand over one of her eyes.

After the girls and Spike turned to one another, then at Dash, they proceeded to follow the party pony’s example - giving Rainbow Dash a small piece of peace, if not some time for her to collect her courage to actually say it to Dark without outside help.

“Well, Rainbow...the fact ah made this promise don’t mean I won’t stop teasing yah about it until ye get your hoofs down and spit it out.” Applejack teased her friend with a smirk.

Starlight chuckled. “Well this should be fun to watch,” she said as Rainbow buried her face into her hands.

Rarity smirked, “Well if you ever decide to change your mind about my offer to help, you know where to find me.” She said. Turning over towards her old friend, she gave her a small smile. “So tell me, Coco darling, how have you been since we last saw you?”

Coco’s eyes widened slightly from immediately getting attention after all the madness, but she calm down quickly. “I been fine. The boutique is doing well too. Though, that Shocker pony made things a little difficult for everypony.”

At the name “Shocker”, Rainbow's ears immediately perked up and she started to focus more on their conversation.

“Wait, Shocker?” Starlight asked. “Who's that?”

Coco shrugged. “It was some kind of weird criminal with equipment that hurt a lot of ponies back at Manehattan. Thankfully, the police were assisted by a strange figure that called itself Spider, who proceeded to defeat him with help from a policemare recruit named Lightning Dust.”

At the mention of the name of the the one who beat Shocker, everyone else widened their eyes, while Rainbow was more focused on the pegasus’ name.

Twilight cleared her throat. “I'm sorry, but did you say “Spider”?”

Coco nodded. “Yes.”

“And when did this Spider show up?” Starlight asked.

Coco scrunched up her eyebrows and muzzle in thought. “About two to three weeks ago, while Cece and some filly came to visit me. Cece said her brother came too, but he never showed up.”

“And do you know what this Spider looks like?”

Coco shook her head. “He left before anypony could take any pictures or ask any questions to that stallion.” Coco then seemed to remember something else, as her ears perked up. “Oh yeah, apparently he could swing like an acrobat from ropes that he slung to buildings.” Coco then tilted her head in confusion. “Why?”

Twilight sighed. “Looks like Dark took a visit to Manehatten…”

Everyone excluding Coco nodded. Coco just stared at everyone, completely confused. “Um...what do you mean?”

“We'll explain later,” Twilight said dismissively.

After that, everyone started doing their own thing, either talking amongst themselves, or entertaining themselves. Rainbow just slumped on her seat, looking out the window, towards the castle as they finally arrived in Canterlot.

As she continued to stare at the castle, she grew increasingly nervous. A few moments later, she sighed as the train slow to a halt and she got up with the rest of her friends to leave.

Author's Note:

Well, this is now done. So, it's pretty obvious now what's been happening to Tito the last few chapters. And if it's not, you're more blind than I am. As for the crush thing, that's been planned for at least a year now. If any of you don't like it, screw you, it's my story. Well, until next time. And if I don't finish 24 by then, Happy Halloween/Nightmare Night 🎃
-Dark

P.S: I will also like to give a huge thanks to all my friends for helping me write this. Thanks guys.

PreviousChapters Next