• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 8,276 Views, 987 Comments

Spider in Equestria - DarkSpider



I just buy a mask and sword from some cloaked weirdo, and now I'm in a world of humanoid ponies in Equestria. Oh, and I have powers that are identical to Spider-Man. Well, this is my life now

  • ...
51
 987
 8,276

PreviousChapters Next
5. Meeting More Ponies

After introducing me to Spike and Starlight, Twilight gave me a small tour of the castle. She mostly just showed me where the bedrooms were, including my new room, the throne room, the kitchen, the library, etc. She said she'll give me a complete tour in the future. Fluttershy and Pinkie went home for the night, while Spike went to bed, and Twilight and Starlight went to the library, saying they were looking for a spell to fix something, leaving me with Rainbow.

Great, I'm stuck with the one pony (so far) that hates my guts. I can just tell this is a good idea.

Deciding I might as well call it a night, I turn towards the hall to my room. “Well, I'm going to bed. See ya arou-”

I was immediately interrupted when I was shoved to the wall, with Rainbow’s face right in front of mine.

Damn. Why is it my spider-sense doesn't warn me when stuff like this happen?

“Listen here, bug-boy, and listen good, cause I'm not saying this again. I don't know what your deal is but if you so much as think about hurting any of my friends, you're going to end up in the hospital, got it?”

Even though I can practically feel the venom of her words, I just rolled my eyes and pushed her away from me. “You really think you scare me? Lady, compared to timberwolves, you're downright adorable. And another thing, why would I hurt any of you outside of self defense? I helped out those fillies, and, other then when you attacked me earlier, I've cooperated with you since I got here. And one more thing, if from the stories I heard are true, why the heck would I attack a princess, and her friends? Unlike a few enemies you may have faced, I can only match you in a fight, and that's only because of your speed giving you an advantage. I don't have an army, or magic, or any of that, so I will be beaten rather badly by Twilight. And that's not counting the other princesses. So unless I'm some stupid brute who like to hurt others for fun or wants to fight beings who are practically goddesses, I'm staying away.” I went back to walking to my room, not even bothering to hear her reaction.

When I went inside my room, I looked around. Nothing special really. Just a bed, a dresser, a night stand, with a lamp, a wardrobe, and a door to a bathroom. I took off my mask, put it on my night stand, and got on my bed. After I got myself comfortable, I immediately fell asleep.


The next day, I woke up rather early. Looking out the window, I noticed it wasn't even dawn. I sighed and put my hands to my sides, when I felt something on my hip. Placing my hand to it, I remembered that I put pockets in this suit and I put my phone in there. I guess with everything that's been going on, I just forgot about it. Awe well, now I can listen to some music. I pulled my phone out, unwrapped my headphones and turned it on. Checking the time, I noticed it was 5:38 A.M. I guess even in another dimension, I wake up before 6. I turned towards the door and noticed my stuff was by it, including my sword, as well as a note. Walking towards them, I picked up the note.

“I figured it was for the best to give these back, and I trust you won't use that sword on anypony.
-Twilight”

Huh. I guess she's more trusting than I thought.

I left my backpack, but put my sword to my back, put on my mask and left my room. Seeing as how everyone is no doubt sleeping, I might as well do something productive. During my tour, I saw a huge room that was perfect for training. When I reached it, I put my headphones in my mask, put on ‘Monster’ by Skillet, unsheathed my sword, and just swung it around, practicing my style. I was at it for a while, before Twilight came in and saw me. When I noticed her, I sheathed my sword, and paused my music. I then turned towards Twilight.

“Morning Twilight.”

“Morning Dark. I'm surprised to see you up so early. I'm not used to anypony but Owlicous being up before me.”

Oh right, her pet owl. Forgot all about him

“Really? What time is it?”

“7:08”

Wow. I've been at it for over an hour? I barely even broke a sweat.

“Yeah, well, I usually wake up around 6 or earlier. Been like that for years. And since you guys were still sleeping, I decided to train a bit.”

“I noticed. Well, I'll leave you to your own devices. Just know that breakfast is in 20 minutes. Hope you can join us. We have quite a bit planned for today.” After that, she left.

I put an alarm for 7:25, put on ‘A Hero Forms’ by TryHardNinja, and practice some other moves without my sword. When my alarm went off, I put my stuff in my pocket and went to the dining room. When I got there, I saw everyone else already sitting down, eating pancakes. When I got close, Twilight turned towards me.

“Dark, so glad you can join us. Come grab a seat. I hope you like pancakes.”

I grabbed myself a plate and sat down. I poured some syrup on it, uncovered my mouth, and began eating. After swallowing my first piece, I turned to Twilight. “So what were you saying about plans?”

“Simple. First I want to introduce you to two of my friends, Rarity and Applejack. I'm sure you'll get along with them.”

“Yeah. I bet we'll get along just as well as me and Rainbow Dash,” I sarcastically said under my breath.

Twilight frowned at that statement. “I'm sure it'll be fine. And speaking of Rainbow, you going to have to talk to her.”

This caught me off guard. “What? Why do I have to go and talk to her? She hates me.”

“I don't think it's that bad,” Spike said.

I glared at him and said, “When I first got here, I saved two fillies from a pack of timberwolves and you know what she does? Kick me in the back of the head and knock me out. Then, when I accidentally interrupted their little meeting yesterday, she attacks me again. Then, last night, before I go to bed, she pins me to the wall and threatens me. So tell me, if that isn't hatred, what is it then?”

They all went quiet after that. We just continued eating for a few minutes until Twilight cleared her throat. “Well, that's kind of the reason why I want you to talk to her. You know, get to know each other, become friends.”

At this point, I finished my pancakes and washed my plate and fork. I put down my mask and sighed. “It's not that simple Twilight. I don't really think talking will do any good with her. She seems like someone who doesn't really care about words. But, let's worry about that another time. Anything else?” I asked, wanting to change the subject.

That at least brighten her mood a bit. “Well, I was expecting to give you a tour around Ponyville, but I don’t think what you’re wearing is good for a casual walk around the town. Do you have anything else to wear?”

I shook my head. “My clothes were back at the hotel I was staying in. These are the only clothes I have now I guess.”

“Hmm. Well I guess we can ask Rarity to make you something else to wear.”

“Wait, exactly who IS Rarity? Pinkie mentioned her yesterday, but I don’t remember any of you guys saying who she was.” I already knew about Rarity, but I need to pretend I don't know anything about them, so I might as well ask.

“Oh, she's one of my friends and is an expert clothing designer. I'm sure she can make you the perfect outfit.”

“Not to mention she's the most beautiful pony in Equestria,” Spike said dreamily with hearts floating around his face.

I just looked at the others in confusion. Not because of him having a crush on Rarity, that's been a thing since the very first episode. I was just confused about the hearts.

“Spike has a bit of a crush on Rarity,” Twilight informed me.

“I noticed,” I said, looking at Spike.

Deciding to bring him out of his daydream, I snapped my fingers in front of his face. Instantly, the hearts popped like bubbles and he looked at me in confusion. “What happened?”

“I brought you back to reality Romeo. Now,” I looked towards Twilight, “when are your friends supposed to be coming?”

“Any minute now. We're going to meet them at the entrance and I'll introduce you to them. Hopefully it'll go smoothly.” With that, she left to go to the entrance with me close behind. “So, exactly what happened with you and Rainbow last night?”

“Exactly what I said. When I was going to my room to go to sleep, she pinned me to the wall and threatened to put me in the hospital if I hurt you guys.”

Twilight sighed. “Yeah that sounds like something she'd do. I'm sorry that had to happened, but she's only looking out for us. She's really a great pony to be with. Most of the time.”

“Well ever since I showed up, she's been nothing but a huge...you know what, I'm just going to shut up and keep walking. We'll figure out what to do with her later.” I wasn't worried about calling her a bitch, but I don't think Twilight would've liked me calling one of her best friends that.

We arrived at the entrance and after a few minutes, heard the door knock. When Twilight went to open it, I quickly web-zipped to the ceiling. Reason why is because I didn't want to just stand there. I want my meeting with them to be at least a bit more memorable. When she let them in, I instantly recognized them.

Applejack was an earth pony, like Pinkie, who had orange fur, a blonde mane and tail that had a hair band on the end of them, green eyes, 3 apples for her cutie mark, and a cowboy hat. I know it's actually called a Stetson, but screw you, I'm calling it a cowboy hat. Even though she's a girl. Rarity on the other hand was a pure white unicorn with a purple curled mane and tail, blue eyes, and 3 diamonds for her mark.

“It's good to see you two today,” Twilight told her friends.

Applejack tipped her hat and said, “Good ta see you too Twi. Boy, you would not believe the story Apple Bloom told me this morning.”

This caught all of our interest. “And what is it she said?”

“She said that her and Scootaloo were at the Everfree Forest to see Zecora when a bunch of timberwolves attacked. Then, some black and blue creature comes in and single handedly defeated all those timberwolves with nothing but its bare hands. Then apparently Rainbow knocked it out and took them home. Never said what happened to that critter.”

Twilight chuckled nervously. “That is strange. Anyway, there was someone I want you two to meet today.”

Rarity beamed at this. “Oh, a friend of yours Twilight? It's always nice to meet somepony new. So, where are they?”

“He's right...over….” Only now did she not notice me down there. She looked around the room but couldn't find me. Like I said before, no one ever looks up. “He was here a second ago.”

Applejack looked around. “Um, who're you talking about Twi? I don't see anypony else here but us.”

And there isn't anypony else, if you wanna be technical.

“I don't understand. He was right here a second ago. Where could he have gone? It's not like...he…” While she was rattling on, I lowered myself from the ceiling with a web until I was behind Rarity and Applejack. Then Twilight noticed me and was caught off guard.

“Twilight, dear, what's wrong?” After that, Applejack and Rarity both turned around and saw me hanging upside down from the ceiling.

“Hi.”

Rarity immediately screamed and then fainted. Applejack though just stepped back.

“What in the hay are you?”

I let go of my web and landed on my feet, but I briefly saw my web disappear when I stood up.

Strange. I don't remember them doing that.

“My name is Tito, but you can call me DarkSpider or just Dark,” I said, holding out my hand.

Applejack hesitantly shook my hand. “Applejack. And that there is Rarity.” She said that last part pointing at her unconscious friend.

Before I could say anything though, the door burst opened and a certain blue pegasus landed on the floor. When she saw Rarity knocked out behind me, she glared at me with a murderous look in her eyes.

Aw crap baskets

“Why you little-” Rainbow flew right at me, top speed, looking like she was going to strangle me. Luckily for me though, I've been getting better at dodging her now. Not to mention my spider-sense actually worked this time. I web zipped to the wall and she crashed on the floor. When she tried to get me again, I just jumped to the ceiling. When she came at me a third time however, she caught me mid-dodge and slammed me to the floor. She lifted her hand up to punch me, but before she could I webbed her fists together. I then kicked her off me and wrapped her in a web cocoon, covering everything but her head. She then lost her balance and squirmed on the floor like a worm. I stood back up and just watched her.

“What the-get this stuff off me and fight me like a stallion.”

At this point Twilight and Applejack came to us. “Rainbow,” Twilight said, “calm down.”

“Calm down? CALM DOWN?!? Why the buck would I calm down? He attacked Rarity and tied me up. Why are you even siding with him Twilight? He's just some freak that belongs in the dungeons.”

That actually struck a nerve, but thanks to my mask, they didn't know. Clenching my fist, I said, “I didn't attack your friend. She just fainted.”

“And why should I believe you? You're just some shady freak who wears a mask so nopony knows that you are one. What makes you think that I would believe someone like you is telling the truth.”

Applejack then stepped in. “Actually Rainbow, he is.”

Rainbow then look at her in shock and disbelief. “W-what? But I heard Rarity screaming.”

“Rarity and I came here and when Rarity saw ‘im, she freaked out and fainted.”

Rainbow then calm down a little. “So, he didn't hurt Rarity? At all?”

Applejack shook her head. “Nope. He didn't harm anypony. Well, at least until you came and went crazy on ‘im.”

Rainbow just went silent after hearing that. Twilight then went up to me and asked, “Can you get her out of those webs? I think she won't try and hurt you right now.”

“Why should I? She deserves to be like that for an hour. At least then she might learn,” I said, crossing my arms.

“Dark. Please.” Then she gave me those puppy dog eyes.

Damn it. I forgot these ponies can turn adorable at will.

I let out a sigh. "Fine.” Right when I was about to go to help her get out, however, the cocoon vanished.

How did that happen?

“Well then,” Twilight said, “now that that's taken care of, let's get Rarity to the throne room and try to wake her up.” She then lifted the mare with her magic.

“You go. I'm going to my room.” With that I walked to my room.

“Dark-”

“Twilight,” I cut her off, “I need some time alone right now. Call me when she wakes up and you informed her of what happened. Until then, just leave me be.” I then continued to my destination. When I reached my room, I sat on my bed, took off my mask, and wiped my eyes. “Everywhere I go….”

Author's Note:

Wow. I didn't think I'd be done with this until tomorrow. I'll be honest this went a completely different route than I anticipated. Rainbow and Tito weren't even supposed to fight. Well, I guess I should expect that. So, Applejack and Rarity are now here. By the way, don't expect me to be good when it comes to Applejack's accent. Besides a few small things, I'm just going to have it be regular speech. I'm not good with western talk. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and, until next time, see ya.
-Dark

PreviousChapters Next