• Published 9th Aug 2017
  • 492 Views, 28 Comments

Crystalling College: Rainbow Dash Edition - StarryCandy



New school and Rainbow Dash is skeptical. Will she pass? Make new friends? Find true love? Deal with a fashion-crazy maniac? Find out in here!

  • ...
 28
 492

Evil Lurking

"So, this is the school library, where I gained most of my information last year." Twilight informed them. The school library is larger than CHS's library. Starlight immediately rushed in. So did Sunset.

"What eggheads...." Dash muttered. Unfortunately, Twilight heard.

"Do you even know what 'egghead' means? Do I look like an egghead to you?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, I do. And yes, you do." Dash answered bluntly.

"Hey, what's that?" Starlight pointed at a smoky section of the library.

"That's weird....it wasn't there last year, so why is it there this year?" Twilight asked herself.

"Nobody else seems to notice it, not even the librarian." Sunset pointed to the librarian, who was typing on her CPU.

"Come on, let's check it out while we have the chance." Starlight said.

"I'm not sure if we should-whoa!" Twilight yelled out as she was pulled to the section in less than 3 seconds.

"Done." Dash cleaned her hands. Sunset, Twilight, and Starlight stood there gaping at her. "What?" Dash asked.

Twilight sighed in defeat. "Since we're here, I guess we can check it out." She said.

"Okay. Let's see...." Sunset said. She rummaged through the books and found a black book with golden designs on it. She grabbed it.

Smoke traveled up her arm and into her eyes.

Twilight turned around. "Sunset, are you oka-" She started, then realized the situation.

Dash looked at where Twilight is. "Twi? What's going on?" She asked.

"I think I know." Twilight replied as she slid on some gloves. "Here, you'll need these too." She handed some cyan gloves to Dash.

"What are these for?" Dash asked, examining the gloves.

"They're for blocking off dark magic." Twilight said. "With these on, you won't get affected by evil. It's a simple spell I read about in my youth."

"Okay, then...."

"Dash, you hold Sunset down while I try to pry off her grip on that book." Twilight instructed. Dash took off at lightning speed and caught Sunset by the collar. Sunset turned and glared. She tried to kick, but Dash was too fast for her. She jumped and held Sunset's shoes down, so her feet couldn't move.

"Got it!" Dash yelled to Twilight, who nodded and ran in front of Sunset and grabbed the book. Sunset tried with all her might to keep the book in her hands. Dash used her free hand to punch Sunset in the back to make her lose her grip on the book. Twilight used it as an opportunity and spiraled back and fell due to the amount of force she used.

"Phew." Twilight heaved for a bit and got up. Dash jumped down from Sunset.

Smoke poured out of Sunset's mouth and into the air. Then, it flew away.

The four of them stared at the direction of the smoke. Nobody said a word about this ever since.

MEANWHILE, ELSEWHERE ON THE CAMPUS....

The smoke had escaped those four girls. It found a secluded spot to turn into a human.

"Heheheh...." He said. "That girl was hard enough to control. I'll just have to find someone else to possess." He cackled.

TO BE CONTINUED