• Published 6th Dec 2011
  • 1,210 Views, 1 Comments

A Solar Flare - Pinkie Pyro

  • ...
 1
 1,210

Doomsday; Day 0

The glowing bright half-pony, half-dragonequise blasted magical bolts over the land she ruled. Gigantic craters occupied the spots where they hit, and cizilians were running around in mass hysteria. Fires burned homes, and Solar Empire soldiers marched through the streets.

'Life is good' Celestia thought. She looked down at her body. She still had four hooves, but her body was not longand snakelike, and her pegasus wings had been replaced by dragon wings. Pure magic irradiated from her body, sending any magical attacks back at the sender.

She had plans for this world. Plans of power. Plans of control. If things went her way, then all of Equestria will work in torment for her amusement. 'Oh, the riding crop would be fun if SHE lives. Then again, he looks nice too....' Celestia had become a monster. In her soul and all over her body. She had become a living myth. A walking nightmare. A god of death.

Her smile grew as she thought of her new titles.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Keep running! If you're fast you can dodge the blasts!" Bull said, racing to not be hit by the fallen street debris. Buzz Killer flipped and flew through the air, throwing arrows at the retreating Solar Legionaries. Obsidian tried to disguise herself to not be a target, but a huge burst of magic cut through the street in front of her, knocking her on her flanks. Blazing Bull ran up to her.

"Those cloak and dagger skills of your aren't going to be much help, miss. It's best if you keep-" A blue beam lit a house behind them on fire, interrupting him. "- running!" He pulled Obsidian up on her hooves and the pair continued to run towards the town hall. The living ponies were told to evactuate to there, seeing as it was magic proof.

Buzz pulled an arrow from a dead Solar soldier. He held it high over it head and threw it again, hitting another target perfectly. The soldiers were running away, most likely to not get hit by thier Queen's magical blasts. He chuckled at his crack shot. As much as Bull hated to admit it, he was getting better. Obsidian Blade and Blazing Bull ducked behind one of the houses that wasn't burning.

Obsidian scanned the ground to see if any one of the dead bodies was still alive. She noticed a bluish grey unicorn, on the ground near the town hall. She pointed him out the Bull.

"Ma'am, I don't mean to question your ability, but that is a suicide move. It's best to assume that he's dead and-" He was cut short by Obsidian hoof-slapping him in the jaw.

"All assumptions can be proven wrong!" She jumped over his crouched down body and ran out into the firefight. Her hoof was mechanically augmented due to an accident in a previous battle. It can now shift and change into thousands of different tools and weapons. Her hoof retracted back and popped back out with one of her personal favorite blades, a customly crafted kunai. She then swung away at the gold-clad soldiers with professional fencing moves. Bull found himself unable to pick his jaw off the ground.

She crouched down near the stallion's body. She opened up her mechanically altered left hoof and pulled out a syringe. She took the needle and put it into his chest. Needless to say, it worked. The shock of the needle and the fear of whoever injected him with whatever they injected him with made him recoil and accidentally buck her in the face. She was mad, yet she kept her composure. The needle folded back into a hoof. She picked him up and carried him towards Buzz and Bull.

"Who....who are you? Lunar Republic?" He said, coughing. Buzz chuckled as he put him down on the wall.

"Hey, Bull look. Somepoyn who doesn't think we're terrorists." He paused to laugh again. "That's a first." The male pony looked at the pegasus with confusion. He winced as he felt Obsidian wrap him up in bandages.Buzz looked at the hurt civillian, not having a clue what the look he gave meant. Then i thit him.

"We're soldiers against Celestia's fascist regime. Celestian neat-freaks call us out for that. I find it odd how they are fully aware that their soldiers steal their bits and rape thier wives and still treat them as if they were gods." Bull said "You. You aren't with the Solar Empire, aren't you? What's your name?"

"Why would I be? I was born with a brain after all. My name is Denim, by the way." he said, standing up again.

"Wait. You're Denim? THE Denim? The sole creator of jeans?" Obsidian said, her feminine side slipping out. Obsidian Blade being feminine is something that happens once in a blue moon. (Luna makes the moon blue every now and again just to mess with her) Both the male soldiers were scared to some extent.

"Yeah, I made jeans. That's what my cutie mark is for." Denim said, gesturing to his flanks. Obsidian scrambled to make her biomechanical hoof shift into a knife.

"SIGN MY BLADE." She said in a tone that reminded Denim of a white unicorn from a small town called ponyville who he used to work with. Denim, Buzz Killer, and Blazing Bull all broke into laughter, leaving behind a frustrated assassin mare.

"So, Mr. Denim. Do you have any relatives?" Bull said. "If they are alive, we need to contact them." Denim turned back from Obsidian, who was screaming in delight about the signature on her Kunai.

"Well, I have a sister. She lives near here with her wife." He said, clutching his wound. Buzz Kill looked at Denim with confusion.

"HER wife? Is she?" He said with a questioning tone. Denim shot him a look.

"Yes, HER. She's a filly-fooler. What's wrong with that?" He said with a glare pointed right at Buzz Kill. Bull stating laughing and hit his elbow against Denim's shoulder.

"It's okay. He's just confused. He's a colt-cuddler, actually." He said with a chuckle. Buzz flew at him and held his spear at Bull's throat.

"HEY! You said you'd keep it secret..." He stopped when Obsidian started to giggle. "Besides, it was only one week." He said, lowering his weapon.

"Yeah." Obsidian said throughout laughs. "This week." All of them burst into laughter, even Buzz Kill. Nopony noticed, but it was more sarcastic than anything.

- - - - - - - - - -

"So they live in here?" Bull said, breaking the planks off the door. Denim nodded. He suggested he went in, so his sister wouldn't freak out.Obsidian and Buzz agreed with this, so Bull naturally followed along.

Denim walked in through the door. The lights were off, and most things were hidden away. He looked in the corner, and saw a unicorn and an earth pony cowering in the corner. He chuckled to himself. He walked over to them. Denim put his hoof on the unicorn's arm. She was shocked by this, and she squealed.

"I don't remember you! Get away from me and my Bon Bon! Wait, brother?" The unicorn said to Denim. He smiled.

Comments ( 1 )
CL

Good premise. But grammatical errors and it seems rushed.
Take your time, this can be a lot better.

Login or register to comment