• Published 18th Jun 2012
  • 1,320 Views, 10 Comments

The Fast and the Curious - FlyingBlade



A simple Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie romance but as humans. All of them are humans.

  • ...
2
 10
 1,320

Chapter 2: Bad News and Bargins

Chapter 2: Bad News and Bargains

A groan could be heard as red eyes slowly blinked open against the bright white of the hospital room. The machines were beeping and blinking monotonously. A tanned hand with a light blue wristband reached up and ran its digits through the mused rainbow locks. The patient looked around the small room noticing that the world outside the window was dark. She sighed and looked at the chair next to the bed. Her eyes widened when she saw the girl of pink asleep and clinging onto the sheets of the bed. Her mind tried to figure out how the pink ball of energy was able to weasel her way into staying after visiting hours. A small smile crept its way onto her face, as she decided not to question the pinkette's abilities. It had been agreed that after their friend Twilight, or better known to the public as Jenny Sparks, had almost gone crazy trying to explain Pinkie that no one would question the girl's talents. Dash laid her head back on the pillows, dreading the meaning of the numbness throughout her body. She knew that numb feeling meant that the drip attached to her wrist was feeding her some form of pain relief. That also meant that there was something serious enough to be medicated before she was even awake.

A whimper brought her out of her train of thought and she looked to the chair again to see her pink crush twitching in her sleep. She reached out towards the girl and gently laid her hand upon her best friend's. The twitches started to slow and soon the pinkette was sleeping soundly once again. Dash smiled softly at the sleeping form of Diane Amenia, Pinkie, the girl she was in love with.

Wait, the smile slid off of her face as her thoughts caught up, in love? I thought it was just a stupid crush. But then again no other crush has lasted this long. She ran her thumb gently in circles on the back of a pale hand as she stared at its sleeping owner. The thought of being in love with this insanely wonderful girl brought a smile to her face. She let her mind wander to fantasies of the two of them. They seemed to hold every happy outcome from lying in each other’s arms at the lakeside to holding a baby with bright blue eyes. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't hear the sound of her pink love waking up.

A pair of slim arms wrapping around her and the smell of cotton candy invading her senses brought her out of her train of thoughts. She looked towards the pink mass clinging onto her. "Hey, Pinks. You want to tell me what the damage is?" A sob left the mass of pink still attached to her, then it was followed by more and more sobs. Dash's heart broke at the sound and she held the girl closer in her one arm that wasn't attached to wires. "Shh. Shh. It's ok Pinks. I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere."

The girl in her arms started to calm down and soon she was only sniffling when she spoke. "Dashie." She paused and pulled back with a solemn expression on her face. "I've got some bad news." She looked down not wanting to meet the other's eyes when she spoke. "D-Dashie, your ankle, it was, it was crushed completely. There are multiple breaks. They, they said there was at least 20 breaks. You were taken into surgery so they could reconstruct it. They, they," The pink girl broke off in another sob before she continued. " They say that you might not be able to run on it again." The girl broke down in sobs and clung to the rainbow haired rebel.

Dash held the girl close as her thoughts wandered. She knew why the pinkette was crying so much. Dash had been the track star; it was how she got her nickname Rainbow Dash. Yet, in this moment she didn't care about her track career or the adoring fans. She was more worried bout the bundle of pink in her arms. Dash knew she had to cheer up her pinks. "Pinks, it's ok. I'll be up and running in no time. You know I've made it through worse than this." The sobbing mess in her arms started to calm down with each word. "I'll be back on that field in no time and you'll be in the stands cheering me on like normal. Come on Pinks, do I need to tickle you to get that smile?" The girl in her arms shook her head and smiled sadly.
"B-but it's my fault you got hurt. If I had just moved you wouldn't have run to save me." She looked tearfully at the girl below her. "You saved me Dashie."

"And I'd save you again if I had to. It's not your fault Pinks. You were scared, the way that cart was heading for you it would have caused a lot more damage than what I got." She pulled the girl in tighter. "I'll never let you get hurt if I can stop it." Dash was beginning to feel tired and knew the medicine was causing it. "Pinks, I'm getting tired. Let me sleep with you like this. So you know that you did nothing wrong. So you know that I'd do it again. So you know I want to see that smile." With each word her eyelids grew heavier and her words became foggier. She laid back on the pillow closing her eyes and slowly drifting off to a dreamless sleep. The last thing she heard was eight simple words.

"I'll take care of you Dashie, I promise."

Comments ( 5 )

767094
It was a bit rushed cause I couldnt think of any good pranks. Never been the kind to pull off a good prank.

783413
Thanks. I hope you enjoy the rest of it. It might get crazy, I'm writing it as I go.


788815
Well, i just put up chapter 3 so there's your more.

This story may be short, but I am really enjoying it! Please do more chapters! Have a fav and a thumbs up! :twilightsmile: And I have to admit, I got a little misty-eyed as I read those last few lines of chapter 3. There were a few grammar and spelling errors, but they didn't bother me. You have potential as a writer! Keep up the good work! :raritywink:

971467
Thanks. And I'm sorry about the errors but I'm writing this on my phone so it's kind of hard to edit it.

Your Getting Great At Story Telling I Pinkie Promise Cross My Heart And Hope To Fly Stick A Cupcake In My Eye.
By The Way Have You Noticed That In The Chant That It Says "Hope To Fly" And Pinkie And Dash Are The Ones Who Invented Nick Names For Each Other Such As Dashie And Pinks. Shipping Fuel!

Login or register to comment