• Published 18th Jun 2012
  • 1,320 Views, 10 Comments

The Fast and the Curious - FlyingBlade



A simple Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie romance but as humans. All of them are humans.

  • ...
2
 10
 1,320

Prologue: Memories and Lists

Prologue: Memories and Lists

The hour was slowly approaching noon as the sun hid behind a cluster of white fluffy clouds. A teenage girl with hair strangely dyed with the colors of the rainbow was laying in a meadow. Her arms were tucked underneath her head and her red eyes were closed. The girl wore a light blue tank top and black workout shorts that had colorful stripes on the outer thighs. The girl appeared to be athletic with toned muscles and slight curves. She wore black high tops that had white wings painted onto the sides and upon the relaxing girls wrist sat a sweat band of light blue that had a raincloud with a rainbow colored lightening strike sown in by hand. She waited patiently as she laid there in utter silence.

After a few minutes the sound of fast light footsteps reached the ears of the rainbow haired girl. She sat up and peered towards the hill with her tired red eyes. A smile slowly broke out as she saw a pink dot growing closer. The closer it got the more the dot resembled a human. At one point the dot stopped being a dot and became a teenage girl with long curly hair dyed a bright pink. Her sky blue eyes were trained on the teen laying in the grass as she waved her hand frantically. The pinkette was wearing a pale pink polo shirt with three balloons sown into chest pocket, one blue in the middle and two yellow flanking it. The shirt matched well with the dark red short shorts and the pink white and red frayed belt. The skipping, hopping, and light tan sandals couldn't add any more volume to her extremely light footfalls.

Soon the pink headed girl was towering over the other who was still sitting in the grass. They shared a mischievous smile and sat together. The rainbow haired girl stared at the balloons on the others shirt. "I swear pinks, those balloons are on every piece of clothing you have. Do you use the same one or did you make multiple??" The soft smile on her lips hinted that it was a playful statement.

'Pinks' however took the statement seriously. "Why Dashie you know I put it on everything after you gave me that first shirt with those balloons. I still have that shirt, its a pillow now but it still has those balloons." The girl hadn't taken a single breath as the words left her mouth in a fast string. She looked at her friend and tilted her head in curiosity. "Is that the same sweatband I gave to you when we were eight? It use to be so big on you that it'd always just fall off."

The toned girl blushed and looked away to try and hide it from 'Pinks', or as she is known by her friends Pinkie Pie. 'Dashie', or Rainbow Dash to their friends, had been harboring a crush on the pink haired girl since she had received the sweatband. "Well, Pinks, why wouldn't I wear it. A very dear friend gave it to me. I'm sure you know her, her parents named her Diane and she loves the color pink."

"Dashie, we agreed not to say our real names. If you start calling me Diane, I'm going to call you by your name, Sally." Pinkie smirked as she watched an expression of horror form on Rainbow's face.

"Oh, geez, that name is so lame. Why did my parents have to pick such an uncool name? It doesn't even fit me." She proceeded to act as if spitting out something that tasted terrible. Pinkie smiled and laughed at her friends antics. "Anyway Pinks, what's on the list for today."

The pink haired girl pulled out a list from her back pocket and unfolded it. She began to examine it and smiled. "First on the list is to prank Applejack." The two friends smiled at each other as they stood and walked off plotting their next prank.