• Published 13th Feb 2016
  • 2,634 Views, 203 Comments

The Royal Canterlot Family - CartoonNerd12



A series of oneshots that is tied to my fairy-tales of MLP.

  • ...
3
 203
 2,634

Another Midnight Dance

The Everfree cousins were visiting Canterlot again and were playing around until they found the pink double doors that led to their mothers' old bedchamber. They walked in and looked around.

Cotton Candy pointed out, "This is supposed to be where our parents went to get to that underground kingdom Aunt Luna made for our moms."

"But how?" asked Whirl.

"According to Mother, there was a secret staircase that led them there." said Dignity.

"But where is it?" Gemstone questioned.

Screw Ball said, "Don't know, but if we start searching, we're bound to find it."

They went around the room, looking under the beds, in the wardrobes, and on the walls, but to no avail.

"Nothing!" Apple Jewel exclaimed.

"Same here!" Fire Spark pointed.

"I can't find it over here!" said Starling.

They walked to the middle of the room, just inches away from their mother's cutie mark tiles.

"How is it possible for a secret staircase to be so well-hidden?" Dignity inquired.

Starling's foot got close to Fluttershy's cutie mark, "I'm not sure if-" She stopped when the tile chimed and glowed. She gasped and stepped back as the others gaped at the sight.

Cotton proclaimed, "That's it!" She then jumped on the rest of the tiles in their mothers' birth order and just like that, the portal opened, showing the cutie mark staircase.

In mere moments, they exited from the cave to see the sight before them. The gold and silver castle still stood tall and proud as it glimmered away.

They exclaimed in awe as they kept watching the castle at a distance.

"Ahoy mateys!" Cotton called to them from a boat.

Their eyes widened in excitement as they got into the boat and headed for the castle.


It was almost time for dinner as the parents began to get ready.

Twilight said to her husband, "Flash, could you go get the kids and tell them to get ready for dinner?"

"On it, hon." he left the room.

As the minutes passed by, the parents started to worry. Then Flash rushed in with a worried look on his face. He shouted out, "I can't find them anyway!"

The mothers gasped.

Discord demanded in his brother-in-law's face, "Are you sure you looked everywhere?!"

"Yes! They are nowhere in the castle. I checked the gardens, too, and they're not here!"

Rarity panicked, "My babies! Where are they?!"

Pinkie almost cried out tears, "My wittle-smoochy-poochy Cotton! Where is she?!"

"Screwy!" Fluttershy flapped out of the room, "My baby girl, where are you?!"

"Jewel! This isn't funny! Come on out!" Applejack called out.

The parents called out to their child or children as they began frantically searching around the palace. They asked the servants if they had seen the children and one maid told them she saw them going into the princesses' old chamber.

They went in and looked around, realizing not much had changed since they last went in.

"The old stomping grounds…" said Applejack.

Rainbow Dash motioned to the tiles. "You don't think…?"

Twilight stepped on Fluttershy's tile and it glowed, "Only one way to find out…"


The kids were laughing and dancing to the music they wished for.

Cotton twirled around as she said, "I never want to leave this place!"

"Me, neither!" her cousins agreed.

"Too bad, because dinner is getting cold." Applejack's voice said.

The music came to a screeching halt as the cousins froze to the voice and slowly turned around to face their parents with expressionless faces.

"Uh-oh…" muttered Screwball.

"Busted…" mumbled Whirl Wind.

Star questioned, "How did you get over here? We had the boat."

"We wished for another one." stated Spike and they parted a little to show the extra boat.

Twilight addressed the kids, "Do you have any idea how worried we've been?"

"We thought something bad happened to you!" pointed Rainbow.

The kids gave off guilty looks and sadly said, "We're sorry…"

Fire said, "We didn't mean to cause worry. We were all having so much fun that we didn't realize how late it was getting."

The parents glanced at each other at how true that was.

Rarity slowly said, "Well… that's understandable. Many times we came down here, we lost track of time…"

"So it's not so bad for you to be late for dinner…" said Pinkie.

"But the next time you disappear on us, we expect a note or some notification." said Fancy.

"Gotcha." said Jewel.

Twilight started heading out, "Come on, then. Let's have some dinner and then we can come back here."

The kids beamed at the idea.


While they sat at the dinner table, Starling told her mother and aunts.

"We can see why you loved that place so much and the staircase is so well-hidden you never need to worry about anyone trying to get into it."

Twilight smirked, "Well, obviously that didn't stop all of you from finding it."

"It was an accident."

Fire gestured, "At first, we tried to find it, but when we couldn't, we gave up until Star managed to touch the tile."

"That's the same thing that happened to us the first time around." said Fluttershy.

Rainbow said, "Right. It was during a pillow fight and Twilight touched Fluttershy's tile by accident."

"I guess it was destiny." said Rarity, "You were meant to find the underground kingdom after all just like we did."

"You know…" Twilight started to say, "Being back in our old room made me realize that we really have no use for it anymore, but if you children want it…"

Their eyes widened as Screwy said, "Are you saying we can have it instead?"

The mothers glanced at each other with smiles and told the kids, "Yes."

There was cheering as Whirl started getting up, "Race you back!" He got a headstart.

"No fair!" Cotton shouted and ran after him as the rest of their cousins followed.

The husbands smirked at their wives.

"That was a very sweet thing to do." said Flash.

Twilight said, "Well… it would be rather unfair just to let that kingdom stay there without it fulfilling its purpose. We're too busy as it is to visit anymore, so might as well give it to the children, who I know will appreciate it just as we had."

"Darn tootin' they will."

The parents laughed.


The kids danced the conga to their hearts' desire. This was a special place they didn't plan on letting go any time soon. As their parents before them, they would treasure these moments in the magical kingdom for the rest of their days. And so would their children and their children's children… For this was a never-ending kingdom filled with hope and happiness.