• Published 13th Feb 2016
  • 2,635 Views, 203 Comments

The Royal Canterlot Family - CartoonNerd12



A series of oneshots that is tied to my fairy-tales of MLP.

  • ...
3
 203
 2,635

The Jungle Bride

Blaze sneezed into the tissue before throwing it in with the rest of the tissues piling up in a wastebasket by his bedside. He grumbled about how his life was unfair at the moment when his mom walked in while magically carrying some soup to him.
She asked, "How are you feeling, champ?"
"Like I want to blow up like a raging volcano!" he coughed.
Sunset giggled, "Well, let's see if we can plug it up by reading you a Daring Do story." She went to his bookcase and pulled out the entire series with her aura.
"But I already read all of them, Mom!" Blaze complained.
She muttered in annoyance, "Thank you, Twilight, for teaching my son to speed read…"
"Maybe you can get Uncle Discord to come over to make me some more video games." He gave a cheesy grin.
Sunset creased her lips together and said, "I got a better idea." She went out of the room, but she came back shortly holding a manuscript of a book.
"What's that?"
She smiled, "This, kiddo, is one of Daring Do's untold stories."
"Whoa, really?!"
"Mm-hmm. My good friend A.K Yearling gave me the only copy for safe keeping."
"What's it called?"
"Daring Do as the Jungle Bride," she read the title page.
"Now I know why it never got published. Sounds mushy." He stuck his tongue out.
"Now, Blaze, you know better than to judge a book by its cover, literally and metaphorically. At least see if the story is as mushy as the title. Here, I'll read to you. How's that?"
He sighed, "Fine…"
Sunset smiled as she began to read the first page, "Hooves trotted over the hard temple floor…as the brave, intrepid Daring Do along with her equally brave partner, Quibble Pants, ran with the priceless treasure they had been seeking, now safe in Quibble's satchel. They swung out of the temple on a single vine they had found, but they couldn't reach the ground as it was surrounded by Ahuizotl's cats!"


The pegasus and earth pony swung back and forth on the vine, but they couldn't find the means to escape!
"We're really in a pickle this time, Quib."
"But you have wings! You can just fly away!"
"Hey, I am not leaving you! Not ever again!"
"Do you mean that, Dare?" he questioned up to her with big eyes.
She looked down with a smirk, "Of course it is. In fact, there's something I've been meaning to ask you."
He smiled, "There's something I want to ask you, too."
"I have a feeling I know what it is, so how's this? The first to come up with a way to get out of this will get to ask first. Sound fair?"
He chuckled, "It's fair."
Daring Do scanned her surroundings and Quibble Pants did the same. Both of them were determined to ask the question first.
Ahuizotl then made his appearance from the temple they were just in and looked up at them with an amused expression.
"Well, Ms. Do, and…Whoever-who-are, it seems that you are at - shall I say - the end of your rope?" He gave a chuckle at his own pun.
Daring bared her teeth, "Very funny, Ahuizotl."
Quibble sarcastically said, "Yes, how very droll of you to say so…"
Ahuizotl said, "This will be the last time you have foiled me. Prepare to meet your doom."
Quibble looked down and noticed there was a river below them and quickly tapped Dare and motioned his head for her to look down. She did and gave a single nod before she faced Ahuizotl.
"Some other time, perhaps. Right now, I got a wedding to plan." She let go of the vine and the two dropped into the water before floating away from Ahuizotl and his cat army.
Once they reached the shore where they were sure they were safe, Quibble inquired, "I thought we agreed that whoever figured out a way out would get to pop the question first? And since it was I who pointed out the river, I think I should have been given that honor."
"But I was the one who made sure we got into the river and I had to tell Ahuizotl something that would catch him off his guard."
"So do we just ask at the same time, then?"
She smirked and gave a nod. That caused him to smile as they both said together, "Will you marry me?" They smirked as they replied, "Yes." They then leaned in for a kiss.


"Aw, horse feathers!" Blaze cried out.
Sunset looked up from her reading, "What's wrong?"
"It is a kissing book!"
Sunset giggled, "Maybe, maybe not. And someday, you won't mind kissing so much."
"Just tell me it gets better."
"It does, don't worry." She continued, "Days had passed since that pleasant double proposal. Daring and Quibble went to Daring's cottage and started making plans for the wedding and their future. But what they didn't know was that Ahuizotl was about to put a stop to that…"


Ahuizotl met with Caballeron in the pony's campsite, "I have another job for you."
"Another ancient artifact, no doubt? It'll cost you."
"No. Something more challenging. It has been brought to my attention that Daring Do is getting married."
Caballeron choked on the drink he been drinking. When he cleared his throat, he said in shock, "Daring Do is getting married?"
"Yes, apparently she and that annoying sidekick of hers are tying the knot finally."
"So what does it matter to you that they do? I thought you didn't think of Ms. Do that way."
"You fool! Of course I do not fancy her, but I would like for her to suffer! And what better way to do that is by forcing Daring Do to be my bride before ridding her forever!"
Caballeron's eyes widened before giving a wicked grin, "Ingenious."
"And that is where you come in. You must bump off her fiancé and bring Daring Do to me. I will even make it worth your while."
"Don't bother. Seeing Daring Do suffer is payment enough for me. Consider your bride delivered within the fortnight." With that, he took his leave.


"Wait a second!" Blaze interrupted, "How did A.K know that happened? She was too busy making goo-goo eyes at Quibble Pants. And had she known about the villains' plan, she would have stopped them at the first chance she got!"
Sunset smirked at her son's observant skills as he made a very good point. She calmly replied, "A.K Yearling - or Daring Do - knows her villains' characters by heart. I'm sure she had to guess how they came up with the plan afterwards so she could add drama to the story. As you so pointed out, the story itself is mushy for having a lot of romance in it. Now, should I continue?"
Blaze nodded, "Yeah, it's finally getting good."
Sunset merely shook her head in amusement and went back to reading out loud. "Everything was going fine for the engaged couple, but they had some concerns regarding their life ahead…"


"You want us to move to the city?" Daring as A.K questioned.
Quibble suggested, "Just to see how it works for us. If we can't handle it, we'll move back here." He gestured to the semi-clean cottage.
"Any particular reason why you think we should live in the city?"
"I just thought…" he rubbed his neck awkwardly, "it would be good for the children, you know?"
She had wide eyes. In her line of work, it was risky to have kids. She told Quibble this before, but he insisted that he could raise them while she continued with the adventures so she could write her books. It's not that she didn't want kids, but she was afraid for their safety. However, the more she thought about it, perhaps living in the city would be a good idea. The kids would be around other foals their age and Quibble would be able to keep a close eye on them while she went off to fulfill her missions.
She said to him, "Would you do that, then? I'm not one for knowing real estate values, and you know what I like in a living quarters."
"As you wish," he held his head high.
She gave a small smirk.
The next day, Quibble packed up a bag and started to head out. Daring was out of her disguise and rushed to hold his hoof. He faced her with a smile and they gave a longing kiss. They departed from each other and Daring had the strangest feeling that she wouldn't see Quibble for awhile. She was about to go back into the house when some pony leapt at her and put a sack on top of her!
When the sack was lifted up, she saw she was in a large temple room. In the corner was a bridal dress fitted on a mannequin. She looked around before she saw her captor.
"Caballeron! What is the meaning of this?!"
"What else, Daring Do? Revenge!"
"What's your scheme this time?"
"Oh, but it is not my scheme. It's Ahuizotl's. He requests that you wed him within two days' time under the full moon when the Golden Quetzalcoatl of Unity appears to unify the match." He smirked.
Daring gaped in shock before she burst out laughing.
"Is something amusing, Ms. Do?"
"I'll say! Ahuizotl wants to marry me?! Yeah, right! You had me fooled there for a second, but now I know you're pulling my tail!"
"I assure you, Ms. Do, I kid you not."
Daring stopped laughing and faced Caballeron, who never looked more serious.
Her eyes slit, "No. No way. Not going to happen! Besides, I'm already engaged!"
He smirked, "This we are all too aware of. I must admit, Daring, you surprised me. You struck me as the single type, not the settling-down type."
"Yeah, well, maybe I didn't want to end up bitter and alone like you. And begin stealing things to sell in markets."
"Your choice for a husband surprises me, too. I thought you liked rugged ponies, not chattering bookworms."
"Hey! There's more to Quibble than you'll ever know! And that goes for me, too!"
"Is that so? Well, it's a shame we won't get to know him better once we get rid of him."
She gasped and gritted her teeth, "If you so much as hurt him… I swear… I will make you wish you were never born…"
"I'm merely following orders. Ahuizotl wants him gone so he can have a free mare to wed."
"Just why the sudden interest…? What's the catch here, Caballeron?"
"The catch, Ms. Do, is for you to suffer…" With a laugh, he went out the room and the stone door slid in place, leaving Daring completely trapped.


Sunset paused as Blaze anxiously said, "Why'd you stop?! It's getting really good!"
She smiled, "I knew it would catch your interest." She stood up, "I just need to grab a snack. You need anything?"
"Maybe some juice?"
"Coming right up." She went out and eventually came back with a plate of sandwiches and a glass of juice for her son, who took it with his aura. Once she sat back down and magically opened the pages, she began to read, "Meanwhile, Quibble had no idea his beloved was captured and about to be married to another. When he came back to the cottage late that night, he noticed something was wrong when he couldn't find Daring anywhere…"


Quibble exclaimed, "This is very odd. Dare would never leave her cottage without leaving me a note telling me why." He kept on searching and began to worry when suddenly, something came flying through the window! It stopped at his hooves and he recognized it as a talisman from the Rainbow-Eyes! He picked it up and noticed a clasp to open it. It had a small pouch in it and there was a message scribbled in the talisman that was in the language of the Rainbow-Eyes. It read, Betrothed taken by enemies. Will come for you soon. Take this vial to fake death. Will send another message to let you know it worked.
Quibble could hear the sound of galloping approaching, and with quick thinking, he found a red marker that Dare used to correct mistakes she made with her typing. He used it to create two dots on his hoof to make it seem like a snake bit him. He then took out the vial from the pouch and drank it in one gulp. Suddenly, he felt dizzy and fell into a very deep slumber.
When he woke up, he noticed the place was ransacked and found another talisman by his hoof. It read, Enemies bought the act. Now must save beloved one from her worst nightmare. Don a disguise so you will not be recognized. Follow these directions and you will find the temple of the Golden Quetzalcoatl of Unity. It is where your beloved is held and will soon have to marry worst nightmare.
Quibble gave a sigh of relief, "Thank you, Rainbow-Eyes…Now to find a disguise…" He then thought with amusement, Well, Dare, looks like I'm going to have to assume a secret identity like you do… Never thought that would happen… but for you, I'm willing… He scowled deeply, Especially if Ahuizotl is trying to marry you… I will never let that happen!
He ran out of the cottage.


Caballeron entered the temple room of his captive foe with a smirk.
"Well, Ms. Do, apparently we didn't have to do him in after all…"
Daring tried not to look afraid, but it couldn't be helped.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, when we got to the cottage, your fiancé was already dead."
She gasped before she shouted with near tears, "You're lying! He couldn't be!"
"Oh, but he was. He had two bite marks on his hoof that was from a snake. Must have happened when he came back because when we got there, he was on the floor with no pulse…"
Daring had to look away as the tears flowed down her cheek. She would not give her one of her worst enemies the satisfaction of her crying. She softly uttered, "Quibble… Quibble… no… Not when we were so close… I almost lost you once, now it seems I have lost you forever…"
"Oh, yes…" Caballeron said, "We also ransacked your house…"
This time, she looked at him with fury, "Again?!"
"But all we could find is this." He held out a talisman, which caused her eyes to widen.
The Rainbow-Eyes!
"A piece of junk, but it should fetch a pretty price on the market…unless of course, you know something more about it…" He gave her the trinket.
She opened it and found a message that made her heart leap.
Beloved not dead. Was faked. Will be wearing a disguise.
She gasped in surprise before she remembered Caballeron was still watching her. She frowned and stated, "This will be worthless on the market. You won't get anything from it. I just had it as a souvenir from one of my conventions."
"Humph. Then you can keep it." Caballeron went out and closed the stone door once more.
Daring took comfort from the talisman and felt so relieved.
Thank you, Rainbow-Eyes… Thank you…


Quibble looked in the mirror of him wearing a black shirt, pants, and mask that covered over his head and eyes. He smirked, thinking, Looking good, Quib… After one last glance at himself, he quickly ran out of the cottage and followed the Rainbow-Eyes' directions.


Sunset read, "Daring hated feeling trapped. She combed over the entire stone room twice, but there was no means to escape. Suddenly, the stone door opened and who should appear but the very creature she despised for putting her in this situation in the first place."


She gritted her teeth in hated, "Ahuizotl…"
The being merely chuckled, "Now, now, Daring Do… Is that any way to greet your bridegroom?"
"YOU'RE NOT MY BRIDEGROOM!" She stomped her hoof for good measure.
"I beg to differ, with your last one now disposed of, you now have a groom who shall remain immortal and give you all that you desire…"
"All that I desire? All that I desired was killed…" She put on a sad front, knowing she had to buy Quibble time to find her.
Ahuizotl's hand tail touched her chin as she was forced to meet him at eye level. Daring gave a confused look, for this was a new behavior coming from Ahuizotl.
He said in a low and almost-sultry tone, "I can give you so much… all the treasure you desire… What I told Caballeron was merely a pretense. The truth is, Ms. Do, you have stolen my heart…"
Daring's eyes widened, He can't be serious! He's just making this up to get my guard down! He thinks I'm heartbroken!
But as he kept speaking, she began to wonder if what he said was true.
"I enjoy the thrill of the chase you give to me, dear Daring… The way you defeat me is annoying but enticing as well… I look forward to your defeat, but also that perhaps you would finally join me by my side… When I learned of your engagement to that worthless pony, I couldn't but think you deserved better… Mainly, me."
Daring uneasily said, "Okay… you're starting to creep me out now…"
"Marry me, Daring Do, and together we shall rule this valley!"
She gaped, a flurry of emotions were running through her, like anger, disgust, pity, fear, and disgust. It caused her to shout out.
"NO! You can't win me over like this! You killed the only stallion I will ever love! I will never love you nor will I marry you!"
Ahuizotl seemed calm until he slowly scowled, "So be it. You have sealed your fate. I could have offered you so much, but if you wish to join your love, so be it…" He turned around and slammed the stone door.
Daring pleaded in her thoughts, Hurry, Quib…


Sunset read, "Meanwhile, Quibble had followed the directions of the Rainbow-Eyes and managed to locate the temple. But while finding the temple was easy enough, he now had to figure out how he was going to get inside… Suddenly, there was a rustling and he turned to see Caballeron with his henchies at a nearby camp. With a slow smirk on his face, Quibble -with his disguise on -showed himself to them and called out…"


"Good day, gentlecolts!"
The henchies quickly got on their guard and surrounded the mysterious intruder. Caballeron questioned with a scowl on his face, "Who are you?"
"I'm a simple traveler who has lost his way. Tell me, that temple, is it a good place to rest at night?"
"That temple is not your concern." Caballeron bluntly replied.
"Oh? Is there something important about that temple?"
"Of course not!"
"Then you won't mind me looking around…" He started for the temple, but was blocked by a henchpony.
Caballeron addressed the stranger, "I will say this again: that temple is not your concern. Now, leave this place."
Quibble quickly said, "How about we play a battle of wits, then? If I win, I get inside the temple. If I lose, I leave. Sound fair?"
Caballeron chuckled, "An amusing bargain. Very well. We shall play this battle of wits…How do you propose we go about it?"
Quibble smirked, "It's quite simple," He took out the pouch the Rainbow-Eyes left for him and stated, "What I have here is sleeping powder. I pour it in one of our drinks and you must guess which of our glasses has the powder in it." He turned to the henchponies, "Your henchies must be about a mile away from the game so they don't help you cheat. Sound good?"
Caballeron chuckled, "But of course!" He nodded to the stallions as they took their leave. He then grabbed two glasses and poured cider in them, placing them on a rock that was perfect as a table. The two stallions sat on each side as the black-hooded stranger took the glasses, hid them from Caballeron, and put them back.
"Now, where is the powder? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink to find out who is right and who is asleep."
Caballeron chuckled again, "But it's so simple! All I have to do is divide what I know from you: are you the sort of stallion who would put the poison into his goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever colt would put the poison into his own goblet because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the cider in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the cider in front of me."
"You have a truly dizzying intellect, have you made your decision?"
"Not quite, for I must- WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT?!" Caballeron pointed something behind the stranger.
Quibble looked away, "What? Where?" Unbeknownst to him, Caballeron switched the drinks. When he looked back, Caballeron had a smug look on his face.
"Sorry about that. I could have sworn I saw something. Tell you what? Let's drink from our glasses. I'm ready now."
When they drank the cider, it was now Quibble's turn to be smug, "You guessed wrong."
"Ah! You would think that! That's what's so funny! I switched the glasses when your back was turned! You fool! You fell victim to one of the most classic blunders! So I win!" He laughed loudly while Quibble just kept smiling. Then, in one swift movement, Caballeron fell over and fell fast asleep.
Quibble spit out a tiny golden ball and exclaimed, "It's a good thing Dare and I found the Orb of Immunity before this all happened." He then went to the temple.


Sunset read, "Daring Do was more determined to escape after…Ahuizotl's unwanted advances upon her…She planned to wait until someone came back into the room so she would be ready for them. She wore the wedding dress provided for her as a way of distracting whoever would come…"


Daring wore the white dress that came with a flower crown as she said.
"I'll have just them think I've changed my mind and agree to go with the ceremony. Then, when they least expect it, I'll make a break for it!"
Suddenly, the stone door slowly opened and she put on her best sultry poise and gave off bedroom eyes. She was surprised to see a strange colt wearing a black outfit and a mask covering his face come into the room. However, she stuck to her plan.
The stranger gawked at what he was seeing.
Daring batted her eyes, "Let me guess, you're one of Caballeron's new henchponies. Well, if you're here to force me to marry Ahuizotl, there's no need. I'll be a good filly and go to the ceremony."
"WHAT?!" the stranger shouted in rage. "You mean to tell me you're willing to marry that no-good villain after everything's he's done to you?! Well-ell, so much for undying faithfulness to one's betrothed!"
Daring gaped, "Quibble? Is that you?!"
He ripped off his mask as he continued to rant, "Seriously, Dare? The guy tried to kill you how many times?! And now that he's forcing you to marry him, you just put it all aside like that?!"
"No! That's not true!"
"Isn't it? I come here to rescue you from his clutches…"
Dare muttered, "More like crotches…"
"And here I find you dressed like some divine goddess making moves on some random pony!"
"Even if that random pony was you?" she pointed out.
He sputtered, "T-that's beside the point! If I hadn't come in when I did, you could have easily seduced some other guy!"
"It was a plan for me to get away, Quib! I was getting worried you wouldn't make it here in time, so I had to think of something in the meantime! Besides, I thought you liked the Daring Do who uses her brains more than her brawn?"
"Of course I do! I love your brains! But not when you do a plan that makes her a picture of beauty to other stallions!"
She smirked, "So you admit I'm beautiful wearing this…"
"Did you not hear me calling you a divine goddess when I entered the room?!"
That made her smirk further and slowly moved towards him.
He crossed his arms, "Dare, I insist that you change before we leave this temple."
Her face was close to his face as she softly said, "And I think you're over-thinking the situation like you normally do…" She touched his chest and leaned in for a kiss…


Sweat dripped down Sunset's forehead as she paused her reading.
Blaze asked with curiosity, "Well, what happens next?"
Sunset bit her lip and uneasily said, "Um, well, this particular scene isn't really appropriate to read out loud, especially to a twelve-year-old colt…"
"Is it like when Dad and you lectured me about the birds and the bees?"
Sunset's eyes widened before frowning, "And why would you know about that, young colt?"
Blaze was at loss for words before giving a cheesy grin, "Um, why don't you move on with the story…?"
Sunset still glowered and stated, "Alright, but it's only because you're sick right now. The minute you get better, you and I are going to have serious talk…"
He gulped, for he knew he wasn't going to look forward to that.
Sunset went back to the book after skipping a certain part and continued reading, "Quibble and Daring ran down the temple's corridors, and as they neared the exit, they knew how close they were to have their happy ending. Suddenly, they were surrounded by Aztec ponies and Ahuizotl's cats!"
Blaze shouted, "No!"


Ahuizotl slowly approached them and slowly clapped his paws, "Well done, Daring Do and… your name escapes me…"
Quibble spat, "Quibble Pants! It's Quibble Pants! Why is that so hard to remember?!"
Daring told him, "Don't let him get to you, babe. There's nothing he can do to keep us apart anymore…Not when we're bonded by true love…"
Quibble uttered, "Since when did you get sentimental?"
"When you've been around princesses who have romantic outings with their loves, it tends to stick to you."
"Uh, I have been there, don't you remember?"
She smirked, "How can I not? You were the one who saved us all…"
He smirked back, "But you were the one who got Gaia to look in the mirror and-"
Ahuizotl shouted in annoyance, "Enough of this! The full moon shall be rising soon and I need to have my bride with me for when it does!"
Quibble snarled, "That won't be happening!"
"Oh, really?" the being grinned evilly and snapped his tail fingers, making the cats pounce on Quibble and begin to drag him away.
"Quib!" Daring shouted and was about to go after him, but she was held back by the native ponies.
Ahuizotl ordered to his cats, "Make sure you throw him into the Pit of Despair." He then said to the ponies, "And make sure you get her to the top of temple so that the ceremony will begin!"
"Dare! I will come for you!" Quibble shouted out before she was taken from his sight.


"Things seemed bleak for our adventurous couple, but as fortune would have it, the Rainbow-Eye tribe had sent for back-up for fear that things would go horribly wrong."
Blaze exclaimed happily, "All right! Who did they get?"
Sunset smirked as she read, "Princess Sunset Shimmer, her husband Prince Timber Spruce, and their entourage had been traveling when-"
"Hold it-hold it! You and Dad are in this story?!" the colt gawked in shock.
Sunset giggled, "Uh-huh. You see, the Rainbow-Eyes knew we were close friends with Daring and knew we could be trusted to help her and Quibble out. They had also sent us a talisman telling us what happened and we set out right away, and just in time, too."
"Why? What happened?"
Sunset flipped the pages, "I'm pretty sure it's written down here somewhere…Ah, it is." She cleared her throat and read, "Quibble was slowly being lowered into the dark bottomless pit…when suddenly, seven ponies fought off the jungle cats and the unicorns of the group lifted Quibble up to safety…"


Timber exclaimed, "Whew! That was a close one, huh, buddy?" He slapped Quibble's back.
"Yes, a bit too close for my taste, but thank you, my friends, for getting here so quickly. Am I to assume that was the Rainbow-Eyes' doing?"
Sunset showed off the talisman, "You assume correctly."
Quibble then frown in determination, "Then we haven't a moment to lose…" He ran on ahead with Sunset, Timber, Double Diamond, Sugar Belle, Night Gilder, Party Favor, and Troubleshoes right behind him.
Luna's moon slowly rose in the distance as Ahuizotl looked straight at it. Behind him, Daring Do was struggling to get away from her captors.
"The time has come, Daring Do…" He turned around and faced her with a low voice, "But it is not too late to change your mind…" He used his tail to touch her chin, "The world is ours to take. You need only to say you'd be mine forever…Choose me…or death…" He grinned with malice.
She scowled deeply and didn't say anything. Instead, she spit at him and it hit his face, causing him to roar in anger. When he wiped his face, he growled, "Fine. If that is what you want, that's what you'll get." He looked back at the moon.
When the pearly heavenly sphere had stopped high in the sky, Daring was getting tired in her struggles and was starting to lose hope. This was it for her. Forever bound to her worst enemy…Even after she would die, it would forever be a humiliating way for her stories to end… The great Daring Do had lost to her arch-nemesis and lost the colt of her dreams all in one day. It would take a miracle to get out of this.
As soon as she thought that, a shout rang, "Attack!"
Both Daring and Ahuizotl looked back in surprise to see Quibble leading the charge as the ponies behind him starting fighting off Caballeron's henchponies and the natives.
Ahuizotl exclaimed in fury, "It can't be!"
Quibble made his way to his fiancée and their foe.
Daring ran to him as they embraced. The mare told her foe in defiance, "It's over now, Ahuizotl. You can't win this one."
The creature snarled, "We shall soon see…" He got out his cat whistle and blew it.
When the cats came, Ahuizotl made his escape.
When the cats surrounded the couple, they looked more menacing than ever, so Dare and Quib held hooves.
"Quib… if we can't get out of this… I want you know that I would have loved being your wife…"
He slightly smiled, "And being your husband would have been a dream come true for me…"
"Then let's make that dream a reality, right now…" She shouted to the princess below them, "Yo, Sunset! Can you marry us?!"
The unicorn replied in astonishment, "What, now?! In the middle of a battle?!" She fought off another henchpony and native.
By then, a couple of the cats started to pounce and Daring and Quibble had to duck. Quibble shouted to the princess, "Now would be a good time!"
Sunset grunted as she kept fighting, "Dearly beloved, we gather here today to-" She ducked a native's spear and quickly said, "to witness the union of Quibble Pants and Daring Do-" A thought occurred to her as she shouted up, "Hey, Daring! Is your legal name Daring Do or A.K Yearling?!"
The mare shouted back while she fought off the cats, "Either one works! They're both my legal names!"
Quibble added as he dodged the small white cat, "Though I prefer you use her Daring Do name!"
Sunset shouted back, "Okay! Um, where was I…? Oh, right! Do you, Quibble Pants, take Daring as your lawfully wedded wife? To love, to hold-"
"Hang on! This cat is biting my ear, so I can't hear a word you're saying!"
Daring then slapped the housecat away from him as it hissed at them.
He shouted down, "Okay! Proceed!"
Sunset yelled, "As I was saying!" She tussled with a henchie, "Do you take Daring as your wife? To love, to hold, to cherish, and to honor for the rest of your days?!"
Quibble hit the jaguar away as he shouted out, "I do!"
"And do you, Daring Do, take Quibble as your lawfully wedded husband? To love, to hold, to cherish, to honor for the rest of your days?!" She smacked the henchpony away, but she had to dodge another Aztec pony with his spear.
"I do!" Daring proclaimed while taking on two cats at once.
"Then as a Princess of Canterlot, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss-" She had to duck her head from the spear, "You may kiss- Whoa! You may kiss-" After another swipe, Sunset groaned, "Just kiss already!"
The couple didn't need to be told twice as they sealed their union with a passionate kiss before fighting off the cats again.


Blaze said suspiciously, "Did that really happen?"
Sunset gave an exasperated look, "Hey, you try to perform a wedding ceremony in the middle of a literal catfight with henchies and Aztec ponies."
Blaze said, "Okay, then, so how did you guys win?"
Sunset read on, "No sooner had Daring Do and Quibble Pants kissed did the fight start to lessen. Their friends had won, making the other bad ponies retreat. The cats even got tired and ran off…"


Timber questioned to Sunset, "You know, some of that was pretty rushed. Are you sure it bound Quibble and Daring in wedlock?"
Just then, a glow filled the sky and a golden dragon-like creature with feathers appeared above them. The being then flew past Daring and Quibble on top of the temple, where a glow enveloped them before it disappeared just like the creature did.
Sunset smirked, "Well, if it didn't before, it did now."


Sunset read the last parts of the book, "And so, Daring Do and Quibble Pants were now husband and wife and went on their honeymoon, for this was a wedding they would never forget. They planned on having more adventures together in the future, as they would never part from each other, not by a long shot…" She closed the book.
Blaze uttered, "Wow…"
Sunset smiled, "I told you that you would like it."
"Yeah… thanks for sharing this with me, Mom…"
She chuckled, "You're welcome, kiddo." She got up, "You get some rest now and we'll see how you feel in the morning."
"Okay, Mom…" He yawned then and started to get comfortable in his bed.
"Good night, Blaze…" she smiled before she left the room.
Blaze fell asleep and his dreams took him on an adventure just like the one in Daring Do's book where true love conquered all.

Author's Note:

FINALLY! Man, that took forever! I've been working on this oneshot for a while and finding time and writer's block kept delaying its release! Sighs… I'm just glad it's over now… So yes, I would like to point out that the Golden Quetzalcoatl of Unity was a take on the Golden Dragon of Unity from Mulan 2. I would like to thank my sister and Godslittleprincess for giving me some suggestions for the wedding ceremony part that would not have happened without your guys' help, so thank you for that! And one more thing, this oneshot is supposed to be set one year before Bonds of Family since Blaze isn't into romance yet, but you know how that changed later on, *giggles*.