• Published 13th Feb 2016
  • 2,633 Views, 203 Comments

The Royal Canterlot Family - CartoonNerd12



A series of oneshots that is tied to my fairy-tales of MLP.

  • ...
3
 203
 2,633

The Dancer, The Bounty Hunter, and The Sailor

Author's Note:

This takes place between The Bonds of Family and A World Above and the song featured is Mamma Mia from Mamma Mia.

The palace of Marendelle was looking more beautiful than ever given the many flower and wedding decorations that were hanging around. As such the wedding of a future queen and her prince was a grand event and everyone was excited for it. But none was more excited than the parents and grandparents of the bride and groom.

Button Mash, his queen, and his parents were in the throne room along with their old friends, Featherweight, Babs, and Featherweight's parents: Punch and Scarlet Plume.

Sweetie Belle and Babs hugged each other as the queen exclaimed, "Oh, Babs can you believe it's finally happening? My daughter, your son?"

Babs nodded with a smile, "My parents were just as happy and Hoity-Toity was even more thrilled then the rest of us when Quill had announced his engagement to Snowy."

Scarlet told her childhood friend, "And to think they wouldn't have gotten to this moment had that storm not brought us here in the first place."

Cinnamon nodded, "It's true, then I never would have married the love of my life in order for us to have a son who in turn wouldn't have found true love without a contest happening."

Scarlet mentioned while putting a hoof around her husband, "The same could be said for our son. Then both their kids meet and now we have to attend their wedding."

Meanwhile, said bride and groom were attending parties hosted by their friends and family in separate locations within the island's village. Snow Pea was at her bridal shower with her sister, Apple Butter, Skater, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Quill's sisters. While Quill was having a bachelor party with Roller Blade, Zealot, Rock Salt, Pip, and Rumble.

At the bridal shower Snowy had finished opening her presents as she exclaimed, "Oh! These are all so wonderful! Thank you so much!"

Scootaloo stated, "Anything for our sweet niece that's about to get married."

Apple Bloom agreed, "For sure!"

Little Button exclaimed, "Only four days before the wedding! I can't wait!"

Skater pointed, "You can't wait? Snow Pea's the one getting married, and I'm sure she wants to prolong it as long as she can."

Apple Butter inquired, "Why do you say that?"

Scootaloo said, "I like to know the answer that to myself." throwing a concern look at her daughter.

Skater replied, "It's just… you lose your freedom for being single. You end up being chained up to one pony forever."

Snow refuted, "I am not going to chain myself to Quill. We are going to be equal partners in marriage and ruling the kingdom."

Scootaloo moved Skater to the side, "Let's talk."

Once they were out of earshot, Scootaloo started, "Sweetheart if this is about you losing your previous loves…"

Skater motioned, "It isn't just that. I remember those fights you had with Dad when Blade and I were little about how lucky he was to see all of Equestria when he was young and how you never had a chance to do that. You regretted marrying at a young age…"

Scootaloo sighed, "I don't regret marrying your father… I just wish we married later. There was so much I could have done while I was still single but we had to think of you and your brother. Your Aunt Sweetie Belle also needed me during her first years of marriage to your Uncle Button. So you see, life will take you by surprise and you never know where you'll go. I finally accepted that after all these years.

"I'm worried though that I somehow made you think marriage was a bad thing and that you refuse to settle down because of that."

"Mom… It's not that I don't want to get married; I'm just worry that I won't meet the right guy. You, my aunts, and even my cousins have managed to do that so why can't I?"

Scootaloo was about to say something but then realized she couldn't. Her daughter was right, it wasn't a problem when she fell in love in Rumble, she knew he was the one for her. Her sisters all knew too, heck, even their own parents knew! She cringed at the thought that she couldn't help her daughter in this matter and had to say.

"He'll come, I'm sure of it."

Skater sighed, "I wish I can believe that Mom, but I think it's time to call it quits." she went back to the party leaving Scootaloo heartbroken.


When the royals got back to the castle to have dinner, Sweetie Belle announced, "As of this moment the preparations are almost done so if anyone needs to make a last minute invitation now would be the time to do so."

Everyone in the room glanced at each other with Snow Pea saying, "Well I think we've invited everyone we could think of, our families from Canterlot and the Everfree Kingdom are coming, so is our Crystal Empire relations, and Cotton is coming with her husband from Maretonia."

Quill added, "Every one of my family from Strapgart is here so no need for more invitations there."

Little Button pointed, "I got Rock Salt coming as my date."

Apple Butter mentioned, "I got Zealot." exchanging a smile with him across the table.

Roller Blade put a hoof around Bubble Gum, "Got my date right here."

Barberry stated, "My own date is coming tomorrow."

LB inquired, "What about you Skater? Is there anyone you're inviting as a date?"

Skater merely replied as she ate, "Nope. I'm actually going stag."

A unison of clattering silverware fell onto the table. Skater didn't acknowledge it and kept eating nor did she see the number of gawking ponies looking at her.

Roller nervously voiced, "Sis, you're joking right?"

"Nope." she said, "Never been more serious."

There was an awkward pause with Rumble looking at Scootaloo in confusion who in turn sadly nodded.

"What about Chip? Didn't you two hit it off?" her twin questioned.

"It didn't work out. He cared for his ship more than he did me."

Barb voiced, "Ouch. That is tough."

Roller glared at her before looking at his sister again, suggesting, "Well what about Jazz Step and Rocko? I know you became friends afterwards so one of them could come to the wedding."

"Not when everyone else will have a date so it'll feel weird. Besides, my love life is no concern of yours. If anything, you should be worried about yours, I don't see a ring around Bubble's neck."

He flushed, "Hey!"

Rumble spoke up, "All right let's not start a family feud here."

Button whispered to his wife, "That's the last thing we need in Equestria."

Skater requested, "May I please be excused?"

Her parents nodded and she left the table and the room then Roller Blade asked, "Can I be excused too?"

Rumble said, "Of course, but take it easy on your sister, okay son?"

Roller replied, "Sure Pop, I'll try." he raced out in time to catch up to his twin as she was about to go up the stairs, "Skater!"

She turned back to him with a scowl, "Blade… I know what you're going to say, and it's not going to work."

"I just don't like the idea of you having no one during the ceremony. So don't you think inviting one of your ex-boyfriends will help?"

"You're just making sure I'll be occupied so you can be with Bubble by yourself."

"No! That's not true!"

"Look, bro, you don't have to worry about me. I'm a big girl I can handle myself just fine."

"That's what you said when you were dating Jazz Step before you two broke up. You were crying your eyes for days then when you broke up with Rocko you were just as upset."

She scoffed, "You're one to talk, when Barberry didn't return your affections, you sobbed like a baby for a week!"

He countered, "I did not!"

"The point is, you were able to move on and found the pony that was meant for you. As for me, I know when to call it quits, so from now on it will just be me, myself, and I." without another word she went upstairs.

Roller watched with a heavy heart and wanted to more than anything to help his twin. Suddenly an idea popped into his head and he went back to the dining room.


Skater sat on her bed and went over a photo album full of her past summers and found the photos of her with her previous boyfriends. She could remember how happy and in love she was with each of them.

The first of her lovers was the son of the greatest dancer of all time. Jazz Step was touring with his father, Tender Taps across Equestria when they came to Marendelle one summer. They had been invited to perform at the palace where Skater came across Jazz Step and the two had hit it off…


Skater could look into those baby blue eyes all day as the two had a beachside picnic. Jazz Step had taken after his father in terms of looks but he told her that he inherited his mother's eyes. Much like how she was a spitting image of her mom but had her father's dark mane.

The two were content on the beach while eating the exotic foods that grew on the island.

Jazz Step commented with a grin, "This is such an amazing place. Thank you for bringing me here."

Skater flushed a little, "Hey, no problem. I thought since you and your dad would be leaving soon you needed to see it before it was too late…"

Jazz smiled while slowly saying, "Actually… I've been thinking about that… Why don't I just stay here?"

Skater gawked at the suggestion and uttered, "What…?"

Jazz took her hoof, "I mean it. Ever since I met you Skater, I find myself wanting to get closer to you and well… I actually like being here on Marendelle that I want to stay forever."

Skater was overwhelmed with emotion by his words that they leaned in for a long and deep kiss.

Those were some of the best days of her life, it was nothing but romance and fun between the couple with a growing hope that a future awaited with them always to be together.

However… it wasn't to last…

Skater was trying to take in what Jazz Step was telling her but it was just too much for her.

Jazz said with excitement, "It's such a huge opportunity! The talent agent wants Dad and me to go to Applewood to perform in this new night club opening, it's going to be amazing!"

Skater didn't know how to reply, she wanted Jazz to take the job but at the same time where did that leave them and their relationship? So she asked with big eyes.

"What about us?"

Jazz's eyes widen as if he suddenly remembered what he said to her and all that they had done this past month.

"Oh… Skate… I… it's not that I don't want to leave you… but this is such a big moment in my father's career and with us being a father, son act that ponies adore, I can't just leave him high and dry like that. So…" he hung his head.

"It's over, isn't it?" she sadly inquired.

He looked up with sad eyes, "I'm sorry… but yes…"

Skater released her tears that she was holding back and ran off.


Skater sighed recalling how her first breakup was so hard that she spent her days in her room before she got over the heartache and continued on with life only this time she wouldn't be so easily swayed to fall in love like last time. Oh, how wrong she was…

The pegasus found herself in the middle of a small town given it was the next place on the map for her family's goodwill tour across Equestria. She still couldn't believe that she was given a solo mission but since she was old enough to be on her own her family trusted her judgment and Skater set out to fulfill her assignment.

Skater will admit the town looked well… sketchy to say the least. A lot of the ponies seemed tough and not very friendly. Maybe that's why this place was on the map so she could help these ponies be nicer to each other but where could she start? It was a real puzzle as she spend the rest of the day wandering the place until suddenly a masked pony ran past her with a mare right behind him shouting, "Stop, thief!"

Skater was about to help when suddenly the thief landed in a trap and got hung by a net. A muscular dark stallion with a crossbow on his back came out from the shadows wearing a cloth over his mouth and a bandana around his forehead as he cut down the thief to tie him up and took the purse he stole and gave it back to the mare.

"Oh, thank you," she said with gratitude.

The stallion merely replied without any emotion, "It's nothing. I've been tracking down this trouble maker for months. Just make sure no other rogues or bandits get your possessions next time."

"Oh, I most certainly will!" the mare declared before thanking him again and went off.

Skater had watched the entire exchange and was growing more and more curious about this stallion that she decided to follow him.

The stallion had dropped off the bandit at the local sheriff's office where he was rewarded for his efforts and went off to a secluded part of town. There was small shack that the stallion was about to enter in when suddenly he turned around while holding out his crossbow while demanding, "I know you're out there, show yourself!"

Skater did as he said and told him, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I mean you no harm."

The stallion snorted in amusement as he put his crossbow away, "Like you could harm anyone… You're just a small pony."

Skater was a tad annoyed by that statement but kept her cool as she wanted to figure out who this guy was. She questioned, "Just who are you? I saw you stopping that thief but you didn't seem to care if you helped that mare or not."

He countered, "First tell me who you are and then I'll answer your question."

She sighed in aggravation before proclaiming, "I am Princess Skater of Marendelle. I have been sent on a mission to spread goodwill but I am unsure of how to do that here."

The stallion raised his brow and said, "I thought you looked familiar… You and your family have pictures all over Equestria and the stories that come with them are nothing but extraordinary. If not unbelievable." he made a skeptical look.

Skater huffed, "Believe whatever you want. Now who are you?"

He stated, "My name is Rocko."

"Rocko? That's… an unusual name."

The burly stallion merely shrugged it off as he continued speaking, "I work around these parts, catching any shifty characters or outlaws as long as they fetch a hefty price."

Skater distastefully inquired, "So if the outlaw doesn't have a heavy price tag on him, you don't bother to capture him?"

Rocko said emotionlessly, "Pretty much."

She was appalled while voicing out, "That's awful!"

He scoffed, "Such as the way of the world, princess."

"But it doesn't have to be!" she countered.

"Hey! Not everyone can have a rich and pampered lifestyle like you do! I do what I have to do to survive!"

"Okay, that maybe true, but that still doesn't change the fact that you can do great good for this…" her eyes slowly widen, "village…" she realized that this was how she could complete her mission and that she had to convince Rocko the same.

The stallion huffed in irritation, "I don't have to do anything…" and started to go into the shack.

"Wait!"

He stopped and turned back with an eye roll, "What?"

"Look, I obviously have no idea what you're going through so please help me understand." she looked on with big violet eyes.

Rocko was taken aback by those eyes, he didn't know why but just looking into them made him feel strange inside so much so that he said, "Alright, if that's what you want, fine." he slowly removed his bandana and cloth seeing the gapping look on Skater's face.

She could see Rocko's face was covered in scars like he had been in many fights over the years. They weren't unpleasant to look at but she could see why some ponies wouldn't be attracted to him because of this. But Skater didn't think that, if anything the scars made him look rugged and she could tell that he was already tough as nails, that it was quite appealing actually.

Rocko was surprised by how long this princess was looking at him, he thought for sure she would have run away at this point but the look she was giving him was genuine wonder and it just drew him to her.

Shortly after that the two had a civilized conversation about their lives and the number of adventures they had, that a connection was established and next thing Skater knew she had spent the rest of the summer with Rocko, getting closer to him with each passing day. As she did she was able to help the town more and Rocko was warming up to the idea of catching criminals regardless of price. Then the fateful day arrived when she had completed her mission with Rocko helping the townsfolk more often and they caught a gang of bankrobbers together.

Knowing that they would have to say goodbye soon, both Skater and Rocko spent one last night together.

She asked with hope, "You could come with me, you know? You would be really helpful to Marendelle…"

Rocko sighed as he wrapped his arms around her, "No, that's not the life for me. I don't belong in fancy castles and my face would just disgust all those highfalutin ponies, you know I'm right."

She sighed in disappointment, "Yeah… I know…"

"Our lives are too different as it is, Skater… you're a princess, you're needed there. Me? I'm needed here, because someone needs to look out for the little guy."

She looked on with near tears, "I'll never forget this moment as long as I live." she began to shed the tears.

He stated, "Me too…" and they leaned in for one last passionate kiss.


By the next summer, Skater's heart was as hard as a rock and it was also around that time that her cousin, Snow Pea had to fill in for Uncle Button because he and the rest of the adults needed to investigate a lack of trade ships coming in regularly. Once they were gone, Snow Pea took over but shortly after got sick and LB had to take over instead. She then had Skater and Roller Blade handle a job of christening a new ship.

"I tell you, brother, LB gave us too easy an assignment." Skater motioned as her and her twin walked to the harbor.

"I know, right? How hard can it be to christen a ship?"

The harbor master spotted them and went to them. He was an elderly unicorn with some build left in him as he said, "I was told that Princess Snow Pea was unwell. Please give her my best when you return, Your Highnesses."

"We'll do that, harbor master, but where is this ship that needs a blessing from royalty?"

"Right here," he pointed to a ship docked in the harbor. "And here is the bottle that you need to use." He magically gave it to Roller.

Suddenly, a unicorn stallion came swinging down from the mast of the ship and landed on the dock in front of the twins.

"Ah, excellent timing, Chip."

"Of course, Uncle. I couldn't miss my own ship being launched, now could I?" he glanced at Skater and flashed a grin.

She questioned, "Your ship?"

"Indeed. Captain Chip, at your service, milady." he bowed and took her hoof to kiss it, but she swiftly moved away before his lips could touch it. He looked up with puzzlement, "Have I offended you, milady?"

"You can stop with that 'milady' nonsense. I may be a princess, but I'm just filling in for my cousin right now, so if you would get back on your ship, we can send it off."

"As you wish…" He seemed disappointed as he went back on the ship.

Roller whispered to his twin, "I think you hurt his feelings."

"Well, obviously." she hissed.

"Just what was so wrong with him being friendly to you?"

"It's just… too soon, okay?"

"Oh… you mean what happened last summer and the summer before that?"

"Yes. I already broke up with two coltfriends. I don't need to go through another hopeless relationship. It may have been easy for our parents and our aunts and uncles and our cousins, but I can't seem to find love like them…" She sighed before turning to the ship, "As representatives of the royal house of Marendelle, we hereby christened this ship, the S.S Legacy!"

There was cheering from the crew as Roller Blade took the bottle to hit it against the ship as it broke on impact.

The harbor master exclaimed, "And now to launch the ship!" He started performing a spell, but his magic started going out of whack. As soon as his magic beams hit the water, it started rising, taking the ship with it. The water rose higher, causing the docks to flood and the ship to start riding the flood waters. The harbor master ran off to get to high ground while the twins went into action. They flew up to the panicked crew as their captain tried to get the ship under control, but the water started flooding the village.

"Throw the anchor! Somebody throw the anchor!" Chip screamed.

"On it!" Roller went to throw it, but it didn't go as expected.

Skater went to grab onto the helm, but Chip still held onto it.

"Let go!" she ordered.

"Hey! I'm the captain of this ship! And I won't be ordered about by some princess that doesn't acknowledge common courtesy!"

"Listen, buster! I don't let anyone kiss my hoof! He's got to be some pony that's special to me!"

"Does that count for your brother?!"

"No!" she tried pushing him off, but he stayed.

"Then what's your problem?!"

"If you must know, I was already in two relationships that went south on me and I don't need another one like them!"

"Is that all?"

She gaped, "'Is that all'?! You obviously never dealt with a broken heart before!"

"That's where you'd be wrong, princess! I had many mares breaking my heart! None were right for me! But then I go and see your beauty and I fall all over again!"

"You'll change your mind before the month is up!"

"Somehow, I doubt that…" he stared her down.

That caused her to tremble as he kept staring at her.

Roller noticed the two locking gazes and called, "Uh, excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt but we're about to-"

The two shouted at him, "Will you just stay out of this?!"

"I would like to, but you need to see where we're going!" he pointed.

They gasped as they turned to see the palace.

Thankfully just before they could hit the castle, the spell wore off and the ship returned back to the harbor. It was after that day that Skater and Chip got know each other more and starting dating.

They mostly had their dates on a sailboat that Chip had, giving them more privacy from the rest of the island. Those were some fun and exciting times they had, Skater especially loved the time they went pearl diving and Chip made a pearl necklace just for her.

Chip wearing his captain's cap presented her with the necklace on the ship one day.

"For you, mademoiselle." he smirked.

She rolled her eyes, "You know I don't like being called that, but I do so love the gift." she smiled and took the necklace to wear.

"Well, only the best for a royal princess, am I right?"

Skater sighed, "You know I'm more than that…"

Chip tenderly uttered, "I know… You're kind, smart, and well just amazing all around."

She smiled at his words before suddenly playfully taking his cap and wore it on her head and gave chase around the boat.

"Hey!" he called out to her and went after her.

Finally he was able to catch her as they landed in an extra sail lying on the deck. Both of them laughed then they faced each other and kissed each other on the lips for a long time.

Unfortunately that would be one of their last special moments together before their big fight…

She demanded while they were in the harbor, "What do you mean you have to go again?! You just got back like three days ago!"

Chip sighed in exasperation as he prepared to board his ship, "It can't be helped Skater, it's my job as captain to make sure that my crew and I deliver the proper commerce to and from Marendelle, ever since those pirate attacks we had to work extra hard to make sure Marendelle gets what it needs. As a princess surely you understand that."

"Well, yes, but it feels like I hardly ever see you anymore!"

"Look Skater, this is what my job demands of me to do and I'm going to do it. I've waited too long to be a captain and I'm not going to let you ruin that for me!" seeing the stunned expression on her face he realized what he just said and started to apologize, "Skater, I… I didn't mean…"

She frowned and made a small scoff, "I knew it… I knew it was too good to be true…"

"Skate…"

She held a hoof up, "Your job means more to you, I get it. It's the same old story, you rather focus more on your career than being in a relationship. It's okay, I'm used to it…" she turned and started walking away, "I wish you nothing but luck, Captain Chip…" and with that she ran on and never looked back.


For a whole year she was able to move on and never once dated anyone else which was fine with her, she was a Guardian of Equestria now and she couldn't be more happy about it. Helping people was her goal in life now and she wasn't going to let past romances get in the way of that.

She closed her album and put it away as she went to bed, figuring that going stag to her cousin's wedding was the best decision she had ever done in this case and went to sleep with a smile on her face.


Bubble Gum questioned to her boyfriend as he was handing three envelopes to a page, "Roller, are you sure about this?"

He told her, "I am."

"Don't you think your sister will be upset?"

"No way, these were the three guys that she came close to having an everlasting relationship with, I'm sure by rekindling the old flame with them she will have to pick it up again with one of them and will be able to have true love like us and the rest of my family."

BG still wasn't sure about this but she supported Roller's choice and let him go through with this crazy harebrained scheme.


The day of the wedding had arrived and everyone was busy preparing for it. The castle cooks had to get the dinner ready for tonight and the castle decorators were checking to make sure everything was in place. While the pages, butlers, and maids were helping everyone stay on schedule and getting ready. This was especially true for the bride and groom and their families.

The royals of Canterlot, Everfree, Maretonia, Crystal Empire and Strapgart were there dressed in their finest as they took their places in the castle ballroom. The Marendelle royals, as in the ones that weren't with the bride or groom were mingling with the guests. The Guardians were together in a group having fun when suddenly Skater had heard a voice all too familiar for her.

"Um, Princess Skater?"

Her body stiffened and slowly turned around to see, "Jazz Step…?"

Sure enough there he was standing there in a tux and top hat with a cheesy grin on his face.

"How- what?!"

Then she heard another voice she knew.

"Skater?"

She gawked and turned around to see, "Chip?"

Chip made a small smile as he wore his white captain's uniform.

"But… but… how?"

But before both they could answer she saw another familiar face to her approaching her, making her utter, "Rocko?"

The large stallion was smiling at her as he wore a nice shirt and tie and though he covered his face with paint to hide his scars, some of them were still fairly visible.

"It's great to see you, Skater." he told her.

She gapped at him and then looking over the situation she realized that all three of her exes were in the same place.

Oh my gosh! All three of my exes are here!

Without thinking, she yelled out, "WHAT IN FAUST'S NAME ARE YOU ALL DOING HERE?!"

That caused everyone in the ballroom to look at them, confused at what was going on. With Discord commenting, "Ooh… Do I smell drama in the air?" and summoned some popcorn and sat in an armchair.

Skater demanded to all three of her old flames who gave her bewildered looks, "How did you get in here?!"

Jazz said, "I was invited."

"So was I." said Chip.

"Me too." stated Rocko.

"WHAT?! How?!"

There was whistling and they turned to see Roller Blade doing it.

Skater's eyes burned with fury as she stomped to her brother and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt while saying in a low and dangerous tone, "Tell me you didn't…"

He gulped and stammered, "I um," he cleared his throat, "more or less… did?"

She pushed him back with gritted teeth, "I'll deal with you later…" she let him go with him fixing his tie. She went back to her unexpected guests and said with a sickly sweet voice, "Would you please excuse me for a second?" she then ran out to the gardens.

Discord groaned, "Aw, just as it was getting good!" Screwball, Fluttershy, and Mothball face-hoofed.

The rest of the Guardians looked at Roller with a displeased looks making him feel more guilty than before.

Meanwhile, in the gardens, Skater was crying near the fountain while blubbering, "That… stupid… blockhead… why did he do that…?" she kept on sobbing. When she began to calm down she thought about seeing her old boyfriends again and remembering all they did she started to sing, "I was cheated by you... And I think you know when… So I made up my mind, it must come to an end… Look at me now, will I ever learn? I don't know how but I suddenly lose control… There's a fire within my soul… Just one look and I can hear a bell ring… One more look and I forget everything…! Whoa-oh!"

She went onto the fountain's edge and went around it while singing, "Mamma mia, here I go again… My, my, how can I resist you? Mamma mia, does it show again… My, my, just how much I've missed you? Yes, I've been broken-hearted… Blue since the day we parted… Why, why did I ever let you go? Mamma mia, now I really know… My, my, I should not have let you go…"

She looked into the water to see her reflection, "I was angry and sad when I knew we were through… I can't count all the times I have cried over you…"

She went back to walking around the edge as she sung, "Look at me now… Will I ever learn… I don't know how… But I suddenly lose control… There's a fire within my soul… Just one look and I can hear a bell ring… One more look and I forget everything… Mamma mia, here I go again… My, my, how can I resist you? Mamma mia, does it show again… My, my, just how much I've missed you? Yes, I've been brokenhearted… Blue since the day we parted… Why, why did I ever let you go? Mamma mia, now I really know… My, my, I should not have let you go!"

She stopped and sat down with a sigh, knowing that sooner or later she would have go back inside and face the music. Only just as she was about to go, the three loves in her life came out instead. It was just so strange seeing them in one place like this.

Jazz Step spoke first, "Your brother told us what happen and well… I can't say it's not awkward meeting these two." motioning to Rocko and Chip, "Knowing they also had a special bond with you."

Chip added, "Frankly it surprised me that I would end up meeting your past lovers even though we're not together anymore."

Jazz expressed, "But we agreed to not cause any trouble for your sake."

Rocko said, "But if it makes you uncomfortable we can leave if you like…"

Skater looked at each of them before addressing them, "No, don't do that, besides I know you took the time to come here and I really am flattered by that."

The three boys smiled bright.

She continued, "But you know that things cannot be the way they used to be… You know why we broke up in the first place. Can you honestly tell me if anything has changed since we last saw each other?"

The guys made wincing looks or avoided looking at her.

"I thought so… And that's okay, because I too have my own duty to attend to. I am the Guardian of Honesty for Equestria now and it's important for me to fulfill that role."

They congratulate her with her saying, "Now we better go back inside, the ceremony will be starting soon and my cousin would never forgive me if I missed it." she went back inside with them following her.


Snow Pea and Quill Scarlet had just finished their vows and was sharing their first kiss with the entire ballroom cheering on especially their families as they had waited a long time for this moment.

Skater watched with the stallions that had come into her life. Yes, she still held a torch to each of them but she knew that it couldn't work right now even if she did want to rekindle a relationship with one of them. She still was going to get Roller back for this but in an odd way he did her a favor but she would never tell him that. As she looked at all three guys, she thought.

Maybe someday, we'll see… But really there's nothing wrong with being single, sure it gets lonely from time to time but it still has its advantages. So maybe I don't have to give up on romance completely but at the same time there's no rush… Life will take you by surprise and that's how I'm going to roll…

The newlyweds went down the aisle as everyone threw rice at them. It was a new beginning that everyone looked forward to.