• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 793 Views, 7 Comments

Princess - TearsofFire



Pretty sure it's been done before. But now with a royal twist.

  • ...
 7
 793

The Beginning of the World

She strode through the halls of her castle. She was the most beautiful and majestic creature anyone had ever seen to some, but a hated icon of rebellion to others. But to one, she was merely her sister. That sister currently drifted up from behind her to land gracefully at her heels, a sad, thoughtful expression on her face as she folded her midnight blue wings. Celestia turned half around to greet her sister, but paused at the look she was receiving. She completed the turn and sat down as Luna remained standing.

"What is it, dear sister?" said the eldest as her lunar counterpart averted her gaze nervously.

"I have a confession to make."

"Yes?" Celestia said, tilting her head and giving a soft smile.

"On that night, the night I lost the form of Nightmare Moon, and I shed so many tears, I did not cry for you or my past wrongdoings." Celestia raised one inquiring eyebrow as her smile wavered slightly.

"I cried out of joy. Joy because after what I saw I knew that one thousand years of mourning were useless. I cried because my daughter is still alive."

The sun goddess was taken aback. "But sister, you know that she can never know!"

Luna looked like she was about to sob. "I don't care. All I want is to know her."

Celestia bowed her head as Luna folded her long, elegant back legs and shut her eyes.

"Fine. On one condition." Luna looked at her sister expectantly. "I will set up accommodations in Canterlot and she will come here."

"All right. But how will you convince her to come here?"

"I don't think she needs a reason. She is my faithful student."




Pinkie Pie


Pinkie Pie bounced along as she journeyed towards her home of Sugar Cube Corner, humming softly to herself all the while. It was a beatiful evening, the spectum of reds, oranges, yellows and purples spread across the sky in the most wonderful of sunsets. She was returning home from another spectacular party thrown in the library: Twilight's party.
Pinkie still remembered the look of joy on her purple friend's face as she unwrapped book after book after book. Her friends all knew exactly what to get her, much to Twilight's glee.

Pinkie opened the door to her home, greeting a pudgy blue earth pony with a high-pitched "Hi, Mrs. Cake!". Mrs. Cake gave a smile and a wave in return. The pink party pony bounced upstairs to her room and walked over to her window to sigh in wonder at the awesome colors before her.

Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, she saw something sitting on her bed that was not green and scaly. She turned to see what and was met with a plain, dull beige envelope with one word on it.

Pinkie.

She opened it eagerly, thinking it to be some sort of party invitation, but instead found a dirty note the same color of the envelope with only a few words written in messy hoofwriting on it.



"I'm sorry. So incredibly sorry. Your mother was such a beautiful mare before it all happened. Meet me behind Fluttershy's cottage whenever you're ready to hear more about what happened. I won't be going anywhere for a long time. Please, don't bring anyone. It hurts enough just to write this.

With love and tears,

Your Father. The real one."



Pinkie gasped. She had always known that with the abilities and personality she had, there was more to her childhood than met the eye. But this? She had to find out who her father was, and what this "it" was that happened that had something to do with Mother. She made up her mind in an instant and raced downstairs and out the door without acknowledging Mrs. Cake.

She ran at full speed all the way to the bottom of the hill with her yellow friend's house on top before stopping to consider how to get there without alerting Fluttershy or any of her animal friends. In the end she decided on going around behind the hill.

But before she even began to climb, she heard an old, weak, yet strangly familiar voice call out her name.

"Pinkie. Oh, how I've missed your smiling face. Come closer child, I want to get a better look at you. I never got a good look last time we... I never got a good look at you all grown up."

Pinkie looked around for the source of the voice before locating a shadow in the general direction of the noise. As she slowly approached it with a questioning look, the shadow shifted closer,but was careful to avoid light, staying under a tree as if the full moons glow would turn it to dust. It was about the hieght of Big Mac, but the shape,while still pony-like, appeared hunched, starved, and weak.

Pinkie didn't take a single moment to assess the situation before gasping like the time she first met Twilight and imediatly reaching into her mane with a hoof to pull out a cupcake seconds later. Without hesitation she offered the mysterious pastry to the shadow, thoughtfully sticking her hoof into the shadow as to not make the shadow come out. She felt something take her gift, but did not hear the eager munching as words exploded out of her in typical Pinkie Pie style. "OhmygoshyoulooksohungryhaveacupcakedidyousendthatletterareyoumyrealdaddoesthatmeanIgrewupwithafakedadwhathappenedtomom-

"Easy, child." Pinkie swiftly shut her mouth. "Thank you. Now, in answer to your questions: Yes, yes, yes, it's a long story so take a seat. Although, you wouldn't happen to have any more sweets, would you?" The mare in question once again stuck her hoof into her mane in search of sweets, this time producing a hoofful of assorted candies,lolipops, and chocolates. She stuck her candy laden limb into the shade. The figure took it with a chuckle before continuing. "From what I gather, you take after me in many respects. Your randomness, your odd ability to do things that cannot happen, your 'Pinkie sense', your love of sweets, your baking prowess, your constant decimation of the fourth wall, and your love of pranks. But enough of my blathering, you wanted to hear about your mother than so be it. But before we start, I want you to clear your mind of anything you thought you knew about Discord, Chrisylis, Luna, or Celestia and listen to my little story." Pinkie sat down and looked with wide, expecting eyes at the shadow.

"A long time ago, before there was Equestria, before the world was anything other than a blank ball of Earth, there were two." The figure paused to take a large bite out of one of Pinkie's gifts, though she couldn't tell which one. For a couple seconds the only souds that could be heard were those of teeth and candy meeting in a glorius union." Mmmm, Butterscotch. So anyway, those two were complete oppisites, but they loved each other dearly. The girl was a beautiful alicorn with a coat that was the exact same mottled grey as a storm cloud, however there was no such thing as a storm at the time. Her mane was a lush, rich green with streaks of lighter green going through it. It hung around her face in the most beautiful way. However, she did lack one important thing: A cutie mark.

"But the boy was much different. First, he was a draconequess, if not the type you're used to. He had a strait white color scheme and bug wings, with two fangs and a mane much like your blue pegasus friend's. Although, now that I think about it, it is odd how their hairstyles are the exact same. Back on topic, his mane was black, speckled with rainbow spots and white stripes. His eyes were like a cats, but his pupils were white and his irises were orange. His legs, mane, tail, arms, and wings were riddled with holes. All in all,he just didn't make sense, and nothing he did made any sense eather.

"The girls name was Harmony Storm, though at the time those were just a series of random sounds that she liked, just as the boys name, Chaos, was just something that sounded good to him when he said it." That figure looked up, as if reminescing, only to stop and wordlessly begin crouching, as if to make itself appear smaller while still keeping its eyes locked on something on the hill housing Fluttershys house.

"What?" Questioned a confused Pinkie Pie prior to her turning around to look at what what was making her enigmatic dad cower and locking eyes with a startled butter yellow pegasus hiding behind a bush with her head sticking out.

End of Chapter

Comments ( 7 )

:facehoof: I stink at this. I stink so badly it hurts.

I can't give it a like or dislike yet but I am tracking this to see where this goes.
No erros that I can see (thankfully!)

It's pretty good, but it feels like your slightly rushing it. Slow it down a bit, and it'll be perfect :raritywink:

i agree lets see where this goes:pinkiesmile:

Sorry, but I just lost the chapter I was about to publish, so I'll be awhile untill my next update.:fluttercry:

This story...there is a story where all the mane six become princesses of equestria, with the help of Celestia and Luna. Does anyone remember what it was called?

1232451
Sorry, but that's not at all close to what's going to happen.

Login or register to comment