• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 1,609 Views, 32 Comments

Krizak's Compendium of Concise Chronicles - Krizak



A collection of Krizak's categorically concise contributions to the cosmos.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,609

PreviousChapters Next
Love Blooms in the Most Unexpected Places - Romance

“That was amazing! Spectacular! Awe-inspiring!” Pinkie Pie seemed to be on a quest to find every single superlatitive in the dictionary and use it, causing the two singers to blush. “Extraordinary! Superb! Incred-ooooh~”

The relentless rush of words was dammed as Twilight gave Pinkie a nuzzle against her neck, silencing her spouse with a moan. “Calm down, cupcake, give the two girls a chance to respond.” Turning to the two wedding guests, the pink-suited bride offered up an apologetic smile. “Sorry about that. Pinkie was just so happy when you two offered your voices to our wedding reception. We would have asked some of our bridesmaids, but… well…”

The newlywed unicorn gestured over to the buffet, where the two singers could see Applejack and Rarity. It was muffled through the crowds of ponies milling about the Royal Gardens, but it sounded like the two were bickering over… hors d’oeuvres?

“Oh, I totally see what you mean,” Daydream said with a chuckle, even as her pegasus companion shook her head. “Those two are going to bicker all the way to the altar, aren’t they?”

“Heehee~” Pinkie laughed her most secretive giggle, which wasn’t very quiet at all. “We just have to make them see it first.” The pleased pink pony in the purple apparel gave the two ponies in front of her a sly look. “And speaking of altars, when are we gonna see you two tying the knot, huh, huh?”

“What?” Hasty Hooves let out a incredulous laugh as she looked over at her friend, who seemed similarly confused. “I— but— we’re not even dating! We’re just friends, Pinkie!”

Pinkie confused. “What, really? But I totally saw you two out for a date a few months ago, at that fancy Neighponese place on Main Street! You seemed so happy!” She noticed the suddenly distraught look on Daydream’s face and took a step back. “Oh… did I make a mistake? I— I didn’t—”

Hasty Hooves sighed and placed a hoof on Daydream’s shoulder, rubbing her yellow coat in a comforting manner even as she answered Pinkie. “You did, Pinkie, but it’s not that big a deal. You just confused me for my stupid brother.” She struggled not to frown, not doing a very good job of stopping herself. “Happens all the time.”

Twilight turned from her crowd watching to see that the conversation had taken a decided downturn while she wasn’t paying attention. She took a step forward, a question on her lips, but Pinkie held her back, shaking her head when her spouse looked at her questioningly.

“I really am sorry about bringing that up,” Pinkie said quietly as she turned to mingle with her other wedding guests. “If there’s anything we can do to make it up to you…”

Hasty shook her head. “Pinkie, this is your wedding! Don’t feel down on our behalf! Go, you two, go and makeout! I insist!” She savoured the intense blush that overcame both Twilight and Pinkie as the two walked off, before turning to Daydream, who was still looking morose. “Sorry about that; I didn’t really want to bring him up…”

“No, no, it’s fine,” Daydream replied with a sniffle as she lifted her head to look at her friend. “I’m… mostly over it now, really.” Her eyes hardened, an uncharacteristic look on the blue-maned pegasus. “I mean, I still don’t understand how he could break up with me even when I said I didn’t mind him having another girlfriend, especially if we could all have fun together…”

“Fiesty is a moron,” Hasty said with conviction, as though it were something she’d said a million times in the past. “Seriously, what stallion wouldn’t want a lovely mare like you by his side? He doesn’t know what he’s missing.” She shook her head sadly and gave Daydream a hug. “You’ll find the right one for you. I promise.”

Daydream gladly accepted the embrace, surprised by just how comforting and loving it felt. She inhaled the subtle fragrance of Hasty’s blonde mane and, in doing so, began thinking of what Pinkie said in a new light. Reluctantly, she pushed herself away from her pegasus friend so that their blue eyes could meet. “Maybe… maybe I already have…”

Hasty found her breath stolen away as she looked into Daydream’s eyes. “I—I never considered a mare, but… I like to keep…” Her words faded into nothingness as her muzzle came forward almost against her own will, until it met Daydream’s lips in a passionate kiss.

In a throng of ponies nearby, Pinkie took a moment out of imparting the world’s best cupcake recipe in order to glance over at the two mares madly making out. “Mission accomplished,” she whispered.

Author's Note:

This story was for Prompt #36: "Love Will Keep Up Alive." This prompt was one of the silliest we've ever devised: "Ship the mods' OCs." The true hilarity of this story is how the two mods I shipped actually ended up together. Life is funny that way, isn't it?

PreviousChapters Next