• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 1,609 Views, 32 Comments

Krizak's Compendium of Concise Chronicles - Krizak



A collection of Krizak's categorically concise contributions to the cosmos.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,609

PreviousChapters Next
When a Hero Falls - Dark

In the dead of the night, the fourth was added to the pile.

It was interesting to see all four of them together. When they were seen side by side, it was easy to see how different each was, no matter how much the flashy cape and hat drew one’s attention to how they were similar instead. One was designed for a slim, petite figure, a tiny bookworm with not much meat on her bones, while another was let out at the waist for a larger, rounder pony, one who couldn’t keep her hooves off of the treats.

It just made her angrier that she hadn’t noticed this earlier.

If she moved fast enough, she could create her own flames, but that carried too much risk of being seen. Of being caught. She’d taken too many measures to gather these four outfits in secret to mess up now. Matches were difficult to use, but after her third attempt, she managed to light the tinder. Stepping back, she watched the flames spread quickly through the wood that she had gathered, the firelight reflecting off of magenta eyes as it licked at the purple costumes.
When she had been saving children, old ponies, the weak and the helpless, she had experienced a thrill, one she had felt before when she had stood against Nightmare Moon, against Discord. A feeling she discovered all those years ago, in a race to defend her oldest friend.

But as she watched the four costumes catch fire, blackening and charring in the orange flames, she experienced an entirely different sort of excitement. Something seductive. Something forbidden. It was like she was watching a hero be destroyed before her very eyes.

Rainbow Dash wasn’t certain which feeling she liked more.

PreviousChapters Next