• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 1,607 Views, 32 Comments

Krizak's Compendium of Concise Chronicles - Krizak



A collection of Krizak's categorically concise contributions to the cosmos.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,607

PreviousChapters Next
Silver Moon Story - Drama

The palace rumbled insistently, as though it were angry at Twilight Sparkle for ignoring its protests of pain. Debris fell from the ceiling, magically-shaped stone that withstood millennia of wear only to fail now, and but it simply bounced off the unicorn’s shield spell, Twilight barely noticing it as she frantically scribbled down the last part of her message.

”’…should anypony… no, any creature ever read this,’” Twilight muttered, tongue sticking out as she concentrated. The last week had been so taxing on her magic that even lifting a quill was difficult, but she would finish up. There had to be a record, a warning, left behind. “‘Don’t make the same mistakes we did. Embrace the darkness as well as the light. Without both light and darkness, there is no balance, only… chaos and destruction. We learned that too late.’”

Twilight let the quill drop to the ground as she finished up. It wasn’t the best ending line, but it was a warning, not a grand novel. She quickly shoved the book into the waiting box and engaged the magical lock with a spark, sealing it within until such time as a creature of reason discovered it. She hoped the box would survive the destruction; it would have all been pointless otherwise.

Twilight, you must go now!” The insistent voice of Princess Celestia filled Twilight’s head suddenly, and the unicorn frowned. She knew how much time she had! It had been her calculations that had determined just how much time Equestria had left in the first place.

“I’m coming,” Twilight spoke aloud, hoping Celestia would hear her; she did not have the energy for her own telepathic message at the moment. Turning from the desk she had been writing at, Twilight gingerly stepped around the fallen debris in her path and stepped out onto the balcony, taking in the view from Canterlot for perhaps the last time.

Not that there was much to the view anymore. Where once green forests and blue rivers had decorated a pristine landscape, now there was nothing but flickering orange flames consuming the plant life, black pits where the very earth itself had fallen into the mantle of the planet. A tear threatened to leak from Twilight’s eye as she looked at one such crater, where once the town of Ponyville had stood… but no. No, she had shed her tears for Ponyville already, and at least most of the residents had gotten out safely. Not the same could be said for some of the larger cities.

Forcibly tearing her gaze away from the destruction of the world she held dear, Twilight looked at her destination. It had been Pinkie Pie’s idea, really, and like most of her ideas, it had been completely ridiculous, but when everything else had failed, they had turned to the pink party pony’s peculiar plan. It had taken the full power of the Elements of Harmony, pumped straight into Princess Luna, but it had actually, amazingly worked.

Twilight focused on the transformed moon above her, forests of blue and rivers of purple where there had once been merely rock and dust, and said in a shaky voice, “I’m ready to visit our new home.”

And it welcomes you, Twilight Sparkle,” Celestia’s voice replied in her head, and in a flash of golden light, the last pony vanished off the face of Equestria.

Author's Note:

This story was for Prompt #60: "Lone Survivor." The prompt was, "The last pony in Equestria."

The title here is obviously a reference to the game I got this idea from, Lunar: Silver Star Story. The funny thing is that is just about all I know about the game; I've owned it for years and never actually gotten around to playing it. I really should get around to that one of these days...

PreviousChapters Next