• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 1,601 Views, 32 Comments

Krizak's Compendium of Concise Chronicles - Krizak



A collection of Krizak's categorically concise contributions to the cosmos.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,601

PreviousChapters Next
Lost in Love - Adventure, Sad

For a being of chaos. Twilight felt Discord was strangely predictable.

It was Canterlot Castle this time, rather than the hedge maze outside, but the scholarly unicorn once again found herself wandering through an ever-changing maze where the laws of physics didn’t count for much, separated from her friends. Twilight couldn’t help but feel that she was being shepherded to where the wily draconequus wanted her to go, however; every time she entered a new room, the door behind her would close, and another one would immediately open.

What was his game this time? How had he been freed from his stone prison in the first place? How were her friends faring? And what of the two princesses?

As much as the questions on her mind invited her to pause and answer them, Twilight realized that doing so would waste precious time, time that Discord could use for whatever scheme he had concocted. Knowing that the Spirit of Disharmony could easily remove the Elements of Harmony from their locked vault, the unicorn had decided that this time, finding her friends was the priority; Discord would likely try to corrupt them again, using their sudden separation to his advantage.

Twilight smirked at the thought; the bonds between her and her friends had strengthened over the few years since they had last faced Discord, and he would not find their friendships so easily severed. In certain cases - and thoughts of a certain pink baker warmed Twilight’s smile - those bonds had moved beyond simple friendship. Love had defeated the evil schemes of the changelings; how would a being of chaos manage against it?

Thinking of Pinkie seemed to summon her excited voice out of thin air, and Twilight thought for a moment that it was simply part of her imagination… but no, it was real. Pinkie was near! Twilight began to gallop through the twisted corridors of the castle, the faint murmurs resolving into actual words as every open door brought her closer.

“…I don’t know how we’re going to stop him this time. What does he want, Dashie?”

“I don’t know, and I don’t care. We’ve got his number, Pinkie; there’s no way he can stop us!”

Twilight grinned; Rainbow Dash was up ahead as well! The moment she caught up with them, half of the six would be united once again, and from there they could easily gather the rest, find the Princesses, and return Discord to his stone imprisonment! Hope soared in her heart.

“It’s different this time, Dashie. I-I don’t think he’s just out to cause chaos this time, no chocolate rain or ballet bison or anything kinda fun and goofy. He wants revenge, on us, for spoiling his fun last time!”

“Hey, Pinkie, calm down! He’s just scared of us, that’s all, and he should be! Don’t worry; long as I’m here, he won’t lay a mismatched claw on you!”

“Oh, Dashie, I’m so glad you’re here…”

It wasn’t like Pinkie to get like this. She usually laughed in the face of danger; indeed, she even had a song about doing just that. Maybe Discord had already gotten to her somehow? Twilight spurred herself on, determined to be there for her marefriend. At least Dash was already there to comfort her.

And then the final door closed behind Twilight, and one opened right in front of her to reveal just how Rainbow Dash was comforting Pinkie. Twilight skidded to a halt as she watched her girl, her heart’s delight, engulf the pegasus’ lips in an eager, wanting kiss, Dash seemingly not hesitating in returning the kiss just as passionately. The unicorn sat down hard from the sheer shock, unable to speak, unable to process just what she was seeing.

After what seemed to be hours of watching Pinkie and Dash exchange saliva, the two finally seemed to take notice of the friend they’d both just betrayed. Pinkie’s eyes widened as she took a step towards Twilight. “Twily, I-“

Twilight didn’t want to hear any sort of explanation, knowing that none would be good enough. She didn’t want to look at Pinkie right now. And under her emotional duress, her horn flared up and gave her what she wanted, slamming the door between her and Pinkie shut.

After a few moments, Twilight picked herself up off the ground, noticing for the first time the door that had opened when she’d slammed the other shut. So that was the key to the maze. She shook her head, focusing on the task at hand.

Pinkie could turn to Dash all she wanted. Twilight would find Discord and defeat him.

She didn’t need any help.


A moment after the door slammed shut, a flash of light filled the room Pinkie and Dash had been left in, and Discord chuckled as he appeared before the two mares. “Ahh, young love. How easily it leads one’s heart to chaos.” He looked down at the two ponies. “I really must thank your queen for this opportunity. This is so much more fun than last time! All these new feelings to corrupt.”

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash looked up at the draconequus, smirks forming on their faces as their eyes took on a sickening green glow.

PreviousChapters Next