• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 1,607 Views, 32 Comments

Krizak's Compendium of Concise Chronicles - Krizak



A collection of Krizak's categorically concise contributions to the cosmos.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,607

PreviousChapters Next
The Worst Possible Thing - Romance, Comedy

“Oh no! This is going to be a disaster! A tragedy! A catastrophe!”

“What are you, a thesaurus?” Scootaloo snarked at the panicking pink pony, but Pinkie paid no heed to the young pegasus, instead rushing from pony to pony in her increasing agitation.

“How could I have let this happen!?” she gasped, sobbing into Fluttershy’s pink mane as the shy pegasus gingerly patted her friend’s back, offering the rest of the room a nervous smile that said “I have no idea what is going on here.”

“Why, oh why, did it have to be today!?” Pinkie wailed as she shook Applejack back and forth, the farmmare’s eyes whirling in their sockets as sense and reason were rattled out of her by Pinkie’s powerful pulls.

“How will we possibly survive!?” the baker cried as she held Rainbow Dash’s face between her hooves, her lips pushed into an exaggerated kissy face as her eyes let Pinkie know that she was not pleased at all about what she was doing.

“And it’s all my fault!” Pinkie screamed as she grasped onto Twilight’s forelegs, her friend simply shaking her head at Pinkie’s extravagant and over-the-top behaviour (and the tears soaking into her fetlocks).

“Pinkie, this isn’t the end of the world! It’s just—” Twilight’s sage advice was interrupted as her vision was suddenly filled with enraged pink mare.

“Just what? Just the end of my livelihood? Just the end of fun and games and laughter? Just the end of everything that makes life worth living?!”

Twilight stammered for a response that would calm her friend, but fortunately, she was saved by the bell… the bell on the door of Sugarcube Corner, that is. Both mares turned to look at the new arrival, and where Twilight saw another one of her friends, Pinkie saw the most beautiful sight she had ever seen in her entire life. Not even the first Sonic Rainboom could compare.

“Darlings, Rarity has arrived!” the eponymous mare announced, gesturing to the bowl held over her head in a blue aura. “And I have procured the punch, so Pinkie—”

Rarity didn’t have a chance to finish as she was suddenly tackled by an ecstatic earth pony, who immediately set to work in smothering her with kisses. Her concentration lost, the punch bowl dropped for a second, but was fortunately caught up in a purple field of magic, Twilight simply shaking her head as she walked off to set down the punch and continue enjoying the party.

Near the doorway, Pinkie finally relented with her kisses long enough to say, “Rarity, you are my hero!”

Rarity smiled at Pinkie’s proclamation. “Nonsense, Pinkie, my dear. I did what any marefriend would do for her beloved. Besides, I know better than most just how something seemingly insignificant can feel like the worst possible thing.” The unicorn’s smile transformed subtlety, sending a thrill of desire through Pinkie. “Of course, I wouldn’t object to a hero’s reward, as it were…”

Pinkie gave Rarity a seductive smile in return. “A special party for later tonight? I suppose I can add it to my schedule…”

Author's Note:

This story was for Prompt #59: "One Mare to Save Them All." The prompt was for Rarity to be the hero.

Scootaloo's one line here got a lot of praise, which I did not expect.

PreviousChapters Next