• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 1,608 Views, 32 Comments

Krizak's Compendium of Concise Chronicles - Krizak



A collection of Krizak's categorically concise contributions to the cosmos.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,608

PreviousChapters Next
Alicorns Can Only Be Female - Romance, Alternate Universe

“Oh, wow, I’m nervous. I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous in my entire life! Oh boy oh boy oh boy…”

Dusk Shine rolled his eyes as his husband tried his hardest to pace a rut into the marble floor of the antechamber, to little avail. “Bubble, will you please settle down? It’s going to be alright.”

Reluctantly getting up from the awfully comfortable couch, the unicorn moved over to nuzzle Bubble against the base of his neck; it always worked to calm down the pink party pony when he got worried. He wished sometimes that he had some similar weakness that Bubble could take advantage of. “Or do you not want to go through with this? We can back down right now if you want; I’m certain Radiant would understand, and we can always look into magic again.”

Bubble sighed, stepping back from Dusk and giving him a sheepish smile. “No, no, I’m alright. You know as well as I do – no, better! – that magic isn’t always reliable for this. All-natural is the best way.” He raised an eyebrow at Dusk. “And it certainly doesn’t hurt that your sister is such a hottie.”

Dusk shook his head violently, sitting down so he could flatten his ears to his head and place his hooves over them. “Nope, not listening, lalala, not hearing anything about my sister in this sort of context!”
“Really, Dusk, you’re not being very mature about this.” Bubble turned towards the voice, and seeing his husband react, Dusk did the same, only to find Princess Cadance staring at him with a smirk.

The noble scholar quickly leaped to his feet, brushing a hoof against his unruly mane. “Oh, sorry, Cadance. I just— Bubble was— You just—”

“Thank you again for being so understanding about this, Princess,” Bubble said, covering for his stammering mate. “Duskie and I really appreciate it!”

Cadance shook her head with a soft smile. “It was Radiant’s decision to make, not mine. Who am I to prevent my love from helping her dear brother?” The alicorn stepped forward and to the side, gesturing to the door she’d just opened. “She’s ready for you, Bubble Berry.”

“Oh.” The news hit Bubble like a truck, and he looked from side to side nervously. “Then— I suppose— I guess I should— OW!” He turned to Dusk, who was smiling gently as his horn’s glow faded. “Dusk!”

“Get going, Bubble. Don’t want to keep my sister waiting.” He glanced up at the ceiling, purposefully looking away. “You know how us Shines get when we have to wait.”

“Ah, right, then.” Bubble quickly ducked in to give Dusk a brief but tender kiss, and then with a parting nuzzle, he turned to the waiting door. He nodded once again to Princess Cadance as he passed by her, but paused as the alicorn quickly turned and began to whisper in his ear. Dusk couldn’t hear what was being said, but it made Bubble’s cheeks darken from pink to red. “I–I’ll keep that in mind,” he stuttered as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

Dusk and Cadance were left in awkward silence, both of them thinking and trying not to think of what was happening behind that door. After a moment, Dusk managed to get out, “Want to go get some Donut Joe’s like we used to?”

“Oh, by the sun and moon, yes,” Cadance replied, and the two shared a familiar laugh as they walked out of the antechamber, leaving behind their significant others to their important task.

Author's Note:

This story was for Prompt #63: "A Stallion's Got to Do What a Stallion's Got to Do." The prompt was, "The Mane Six have always been stallions. How are things different for them?"

Since Thirty Minute Pony Stories started on a Thursday, that meant that my day, Wednesday, was always a prompt divisible by the number 7. I didn't realize at first that this would result in me getting a few key numbers along the way; for instance, I had a completely different prompt idea for Prompt #42 before I realized that it was Prompt #42 and that I should really do something relating to that number's special pop-culture significance. In the case of Prompt #63, however, I saw it coming and I didn't quite know how to craft the obligatory Rule 63 prompt that would go with it. Because of this, I ended up switching prompts that week with Baby Seal Burritos, and this had the side effect of letting me actually write for Prompt #63.

PreviousChapters Next