• Published 4th Jan 2016
  • 1,564 Views, 8 Comments

Caged like an animal, Imprisoned by a pony. - Echolocation



The last human reflects on her life as the main attraction of the canterlot zoo.

  • ...
12
 8
 1,564

Sugar-coated poison

I opened my eyes and saw, one of them. A gangly Pegasus stallion was hastily sweeping up the old sand from my habitat. It was a very unpleasant sight, one, that I grudgingly reminded myself, that I would have to get used to, after all living in a world of alien invaders will do something to you. Some would think my attraction would've gotten old after being years in service after my initial capture after the great alien war, but no, if it's expensive, in the Capitol city's zoo and miss xenolestia has PERSONALLY delivered me, then no, I would never get old. I idly noticed that the Pegasus had escaped my habitat probably after seeing me awaken.

The last human in existence, most certainly not a title to celebrate upon, and yet Celestia curses me with it, saying I was so unlucky not to join the glassy-eyed armies of the newfoals in the quest for 'harmony'. I honestly don't know which would be worse, ponification or a life at the zoo. Not like I had a choice in the matter anyway, being dragged away and put in the zoo as some kind of artefact, a souvenir to prove that ponies are not a force to be reckoned with. And of course it had to be me. Now that all my family and friends are zombies to Celestia's will or just plain evaporated from the 'magic' of Equestria. We humans never really got to actually test that theory about magic evaporation human limbs, we were too busy preparing for the war against the magical, talking, multicoloured space horse-pony things.

The barrier made itself known when I was only two years old, in early 2016. Then came them. They offered a new planet across the barrier, the greenest grass, the clearest skies and the warmest sun, so on and so forth. Humans either praised them as gods or shot them down like they were satan itself. I, am now ashamed to admit, was one of the people whom were blinded by the solar tyrant's sun, thinking she could bring back our hopes and dreams. They gave us a warning, no matter from Earth can pass through the barrier. But, in the nick of time, the magical glitter-fart horses whipped up a potion that could convert us into ponies,(what a coincidence!) and, in turn give us unlimited access to the realms of Equestria. The rest is history.

Another group of foals squish their faces into the glass that separates me from the magic field of Equestria, trying to get a good look at the 200 bit display. I remember when I was at the zoo when I was one year old, watching the tigers sit there, looking lonely and depressed. I wonder if they felt like me? Caged up and alone by complete aliens who rip people from their families and show no mercy while doing it. The foals begin to look bored at my depressed mood. One colt with a propeller cap even complains to the tour guide. The nerve! The tour guide in question was now giving me the sharpest stare a multi-coloured horse, pony thing whatever can give. I would have laughed if it wasn't for the fact that my next three meals might be at stake.

I gave a small nod to the guide and jump up onto my feet before performing a charge tackle at the thick glass that was holding me at bay. It went as well as expected. I got thrown back by the magical rebound and the foals fell over, screaming in fear and laughing with hysteria. At the same time. I don't know! Ponies! As I regained my senses to the real world, I could hear the tour guide giving a lecture to the little ponies. "As you can see, Humans are murderous, dangerous carnivores who have no morals of harmony at all." One of the fillies put it's hoof up. It was a white unicorn foal, with pink and lilac hair in short curls. "Excuse me sir, but my big sister Rarity told me that humans were cunning and that their brains are what prolonged the war. Are you lying to us?"
The tour stammmered for a bit while coming to terms that this was the little sister of the element of generosity. Finally, he decided to take the easy route out. "You see little filly, you sister had to unfortunately keep some information from you to keep you, uh, innocent during the war, but now you know the truth."

"But sir, my big sister said they had huge bases and operations, I even saw some of them working together as a team."

The tour guide leaned closer to the filly's face. "My dear, sorry for flinging accusations around, but are you actually suggesting that these murdous creatures have a single speck of harmony in their brains?"

The unicorn filly shrank back into the crowd of foals. Through the glass I could barely here a faint "no sir" in the crowd. But the guide just kept going on. "Did you know that the humans were the ones that snapped off your sister's horn?" Her only reply was a small whimper.


No matter how many times I had been shouted or nearly attacked by the residents of ponykind I realised one thing, I was being used as a pushing point, an example if you will, of humanity's murderous nature. Every time I slammed against that glass, punched the wall, whatever, more ponies were being dragged into the darkness of the solar tyrant's rule. I didn't really care for the little whiny bastards but I hardly want ponies to be hollering for my death at the chopping block. Little colts and fillies, being fed lies as soon as they could talk. 'Look out for the big bad human! He will kill you! Just look how that one in the zoo acts!' Well no more.

I didn't give a damn if I starved to death or was beaten and scared, threatened or more, I had already failed to save humanity as a species, and if I'm going to be the last human, then we are going to go out looking like true enemies who united for a common cause, instead of selfish, mindless animals. I, as a person was going to go out with a looking like a badass.

Author's Note:

My first ever story on fimfiction! I literally thought of this while in the hot tub.
Please don't hate, but constructive criticism is welcomed. :twilightsmile:

EDIT 1: made sweetie belle seem more like a scared child and less like an adult. Also made the tour guide look more manipulative.

Comments ( 8 )

One like and dislike already? Wow you guys are fast.

The dialogue between the tour guide and foals could be a bit better, but other then that, a pretty good one shot. Considering the travesty that most TCB stories are.

6799987 Thank you, considering I wrote and edited it in a small amount of time, I wasn't really expecting positive feedback. I shall edit a bit more for future readers.

Not terrible. . . not great either. I personally don't really like it when the ponies win when they are so blatantly wrong (unless it happens where the ponies learn a lesson and realize they were wrong but its too late to fix their mistake) so that might be hindering my experience. But this story also feels like its missing some details as well as incomplete. I don't know if you plan to make a sequel or not but I think this story needs more to it, it didn't really move me. It's not really bad just not interesting to me, that's all.

I could here the tour guide giving a lecture

I could hear the tour guide giving a lecture

but I hardly want ponies to be hollaring for my death

but I hardly want ponies to be hollering for my death

The ending is a bit vague, it seems he/she has a plan, but we're not told anything about it. Needs some more details on that part, and could easily add 2-3 paragraphs to the story.

Anywho, that's all I can think of after a quick read. Good luck and don't be discouraged by the dislikes.

Nit pick; it should be T(he)C(onversion)B(ureau), not TBC. :fluttershyouch:

Oh god, I know just please ignore this horrid story. While I will not delete it because it is my first story, I advise that you or anyone else should view it. I shall not be making anymore changes.

Login or register to comment