• Published 15th Jan 2016
  • 292 Views, 3 Comments

The Horizons Above - daspacepony



A young unicorn who loves the night sky and wants to share its beauty with everypony.

  • ...
 3
 292

Open Horizons [Finale]

What’s really fascinating about the night sky is that it really puts ponies in their place and that we ponies are just one tiny speck amongst an incredibly vast ocean of wonders. We start to question ourselves about why we came to be, what is the purpose and meaning behind all this? We may find answers to those questions someday, or maybe not. But one thing is true and will always be humbling, the universe is in fact learning about itself.

“Stars may be tiny points of light in the night sky but don’t be fooled! Each one when up close are like our Sun, a HUGE volume of glowing hot plasma giving out energy that will be needed to sustain life that could inhabit on the planets around the star, now ain’t that cute?” Kosmos spoke enthusiastically in front of a class of students.

It has been many years since he first got his cutie mark, and he remembers clearly how amazing it was. Three circles in the primary colours orbiting in harmony within the bigger circle of the night sky. From that moment he knew that his destiny was to show to everypony in Equestria the amazing wonders of the night sky. The green unicorn is now the owner of the Canterlot Observatory and gives out weekly astronomy talks to interested fillies and colts. Using his magic, he could display amazing visual representations of the what he is teaching. You could only imagine how the class of ponies reacted when Kosmos showed them a dying star’s spectacular supernova explosion. It’s quite something.

“Alright class, who’s ready for the sky?” Kosmos announced happily to the class. Kosmos brought the class to the observatory’s balcony, giving everypony a clear view of the night sky. After that, Kosmos stands on a porch behind them and begins to do his thing. His horn glowed a light blue and slowly, the night sky became accentuated with a marvellous sea of colours. Everywhere the ponies looked, they see stars that shined amazingly in bright blues, reds and yellows; nebulae that glowed beautifully in an armada of colours; bright meteors that flew all the way, across the sky, yeah so intense. It almost felt as if the sky were a giant painting and the ponies looked upon it with awe.

Then the sky returns to normal and the night show ends. The class stomped their hooves in excitement and Kosmos couldn’t be happier. Kosmos upon returning to see the class up close again, announced with a tired grin, “Now if any of you guys wanna see more, the main telescope is open now if anyone wants to see through it. It’s in fact the best time this year to see Jupiter this week, so I’ll get it to point there. Just remember to get in a single file and make sure to use the telescope one at a time. I’ll be there just in case anyone needs assistance. Have a great night all!”

It’s not everyday do you see a pony make so many other ponies smile so quickly. He believes that is something really amazing and he hopes he is able to share this wonder to as many ponies as possible. When he is not giving his astronomy sessions, he is busy looking up at the stars at night through his telescope hoping to uncover much more within the horizons above. Every new thing he discovers up there, brings him closer to truly understanding how the universe ticks and he is willing to share what he has learned with everypony. Letting them open their minds about the worlds up there and so we can let the universe learn about itself.

Maybe that’s why they all call him the space pony.

Comments ( 1 )

Oh, hey I didn't know you had a FiMFiction Kat, that's pretty cool! Looking forward to reading your stuff~!

Login or register to comment