• Published 15th Jan 2016
  • 292 Views, 3 Comments

The Horizons Above - daspacepony



A young unicorn who loves the night sky and wants to share its beauty with everypony.

  • ...
 3
 292

Camp Day

It’s nature on the grandest scales. Just imagine all the things nature itself does on this planet, what with life and giving birth to all of its amazing flora and fauna. Just imagine all of those, but existing as a different form. It’s hard to anypony to see it, since it’s not what they would normally experience in their daily lives, and yet when the sky turns dark, it’s all above them. If everypony could just look up, seeing the night sky beyond just a frog in a well…

It’s the morning of camp day and Kosmos wished he could continue in his dreams about the stars, but blaring wake up alarms from his parents had just made it almost impossible. He opened his eyes, taking a small glance at the poster of a night sky full of stars that he pasted up on the ceiling a few months back, although the red orangey hues of the sunrise outside made the poster not as impressive as it was supposed to be.

As the obedient little pony he was, he got out of bed and slowly trotted to the kitchen with his eyes half-closed. He smiled a little as his horn glowed a pale blue hue and picked up the sandwich his mother, Script Margin, prepared for his lovely son. She was a lovely young mare, recognised by everypony as a hardworking manager at a local brewery, but young Kosmos will always recognise her as the one who makes him the best sandwiches every morning.

“Good morning my sweet starry-eyed colt! You got your things ready for camp right?” Script Margin said, seeing her son eating the sandwich with a blank expression. Kosmos turned to see his saddlebag on the floor of his room, replied with the same look on his face, “Pretty much.”

Script Margin continues, “I heard you ponies are heading out to Winsome Falls. I went there during a research trip a few years back and it’s a beautiful place.” Kosmos continued to chew down on the sandwich with the bitter look on his face.

“Oh come on, what’s with that look? Camp isn’t as bad you think. You went on a camp last year didn’t you?” Margin questioned. Kosmos slowly responded, “Well I did, and... I didn’t like it... They’re gonna make us do all sorts of games and activities and get us all tired and sweaty, and I don’t link that.”

“Trust me, you’re gonna like it there.” Margin said with a wink.

Before long, it was time to head out. Margin placed the saddlebag on Kosmos back and waved him goodbye, “Bye son! I’ll see you tomorrow evening when you get back!” Kosmos hugged his mom tightly and bid her farewell before stepping out. Kosmos turned back and took one last glance of his house. He knew he was gonna be feeling homesick that night as he always did during camps.

But he assured to himself, it’ll all be over soon.