• Published 29th Dec 2015
  • 1,177 Views, 85 Comments

Phantom War VIII: Return of the NLR and Mephiles' Alliance - Danny Eclipse



When Danny is tricked by Mephiles into believing that Celestia wants him dead, Danny decides to make the Equestrian Empire pay by returning the NLR and Mephiles' old army; The Shadow Empire. With their return, what will happen to the Equestria?

  • ...
4
 85
 1,177

Warfare Chess

3 weeks later...

The Cyber Alliance has been growing in power and allies. Thanks to Eclipse's Corruption in the Alliance; the Hoof of Vengeance has joined the ranks of the Cyber Empire. The Primal Changelings has as well but the Changeling Empire rejoined with the Alliance. Charming still searches for the Dark Maps and is having a more of a difficult time getting to the maps due to the increase of security on them that I had applied to make sure that Charming takes longer to finding my base of operations. I had raised the fallen with the Reanimation Weapon. We have about over 1000 Saber Guard (Like Shadow Guard but are normally warriors reanimated into fighting in the war and not protection duty), 1000 Sith Acolyte, and about 100 Shadow Guards (Led by Shining Armor himself). I have my own personal Commando Units to lead assault of my forces. I also raided and kidnapped the people of three separate villages and had them become test subjects. They became what I called Terror Troopers; Assassins of the dark. I also created Terror Biodroids, Terror Spider Droids, and finally; The Terror Walkers. Massive machines that looked like spiders but the firepower to be a minor AT-AT. Also; the Dark Forge defense droids were ready for combat and are ready to deal with intruders.

The Equestrian Empire has some Imperial Commandos of their own. An alicorn by the name of Geo has proven himself to be quite the leader and threat. His leadership skills to lead ground and air assaults has proven him very valuable to the Equestrian Empire cause. His fleet; which was about 5 Star Destroyers with his own ship that was even more stronger than a normal Star Destroyer. Like me; he was a brilliant military strategist. I was wondering how Charming managed to get him on his side. Also; Sombra and Starswirl have been leading assaults and I even heard Spike was fighting alongside the Equestrian Empire; not for money but to get his precious Rarity back. Phantom Lord is still neutral since held no allegiance to the Equestrian Empire so paying him to work for me would be as easy as pie.

Also; The Nightmare Sisters have unlocked their new forms and they are quite powerful and formidable. Shining has improved on his skills with a lightsaber-like staff.

Anyway; I was in the main chamber; sitting on a chair and looking at a board of chess. The door opens and Twilight, Rainbow, Rarity, Applejack, and Shining walked into the room. All the girls were in their nightmare forms and I looked towards them and smiled.

Twilight asked "What are you doing?"

"Playing a game of World War Conquest. Its like chess but it is a real life game and the winner takes the position. So picture a queen taking a pawn. In real like; the Queen (which is where the flagship or special ship) would arrive at the area and attack the pawn (A small fleet that had 6 or less ships) and the wining force will take the position of where that queen or pawn was at. The only difference in this game is that you have unlimited forces."

"Shouldn't you be worried about Charming figuring it out the location of the Dark Forge?" Shining asked.

"Oh; you don't understand. You see; war is like a game of chess. Every move you make will move the chess piece into position. And its Charming's turn to move." As I said that; a piece (a pawn) of my opponent's side moved to a new position. This pawn had a marker above it that was half green, half grey. "Interesting move Charming. However..." I used my magic to pick up a pawn that had a green mark on it to an attack position. "Lets see how your forces handle mine."

Shining asked "What is the green marker for?"

"A special unit of mine who happens to be a former Crystal Knight. An old friend to Starswirl."


Meanwhile at the location...

A fleet arrived to meet Geo's fleet (The pawn that belonged to the Equestrian Empire side of Conquest). The fleet that I sent had 3 Interdictor-class cruisers, 2 Centurion-class battlecruisers, and 1 Hammerhead-class Cruiser that was known as The Endar Spire. Onboard the Endar Spire was the leader of this assault and it was a female. The leader wore Dark Jedi Master robes and carried a lightsaber that had a purple crystal to it. She also carried a pistol blaster. The Leader was a mare that had a pure white coat, green and dark green mane and tail, and had violet eye color. The Leader was none other than Clover the Clever. She looked at the enemy fleet.

One of the Officers reported to Clover "Ma'am; we are being hailed by the lead ship."

Clover said "Open the channel."

A hologram activated and it revealed Geo. He sees Clover and his eyes widen in surprise.

Geo greeted "Clover the Clever... I never pictured it would be you leading this attack."

Clover said "Faith has brought us to cross paths in battle. My master; Cyber Eclipse, orders me to destroy you."

Geo stated "You know this isn't right."

Clover replied "I know; but I'm bounded to Cyber's power thus I cannot hold him at bay. I hope you survive this battle." The transmission ended. "Begin the attack. Target the other Star Destroyers; deploy 2 KT-400 military droid carriers to the lead ship. I want that ship under our control and Geo as a prisoner. Prepare a Herald-class shuttle for me and my squad of Saber Guards."

The orders were followed and the battle began. The ships; except for the Endar Spire, went into battle. The two KT-400s made their way to Geo's ship in secret and when they arrived; they landed in their landing bays and deployed their droid forces inside. The stormtroopers attempted to halt them but the droids activated shield generators to protect them from harm. All blaster attacks were deflected away and the droids began to wipe down enemy forces. The shuttle made it to the lead ship after its Defense Mainframe Core was destroyed by the droids. Clover and the Saber Guard killed off any surviving stormtroopers and began to head to the bridge.


Geo and his forces on the bridge were armed and ready to face against the upcoming forces. Soon enough; the door opened and 80 droids began to flood the bridge; their shield generators online. Geo and his forces opened fired but their blaster fire bounced harmlessly off the shields around the droids. The droids began to kill off everyone except for Geo himself. Geo attempted to attack with melee but he found himself pushed away and onto the ground. He looks up and sees Clover and her Saber Guard.

"Get me chuffs for him. And get the Engineer Droids up here to pilot this ship." Geo pulled out a smoke grenade and threw it. Smoke filled this room and when it disappeared; Geo was no where in sight. "60 of you; go find him! The remaining will stay and protect the bridge!" Clover ordered.

60 of 80 droids left the bridge to go after Geo. About five minutes; report came that a TIE fighter left the hanger bay. I guessed that Geo was on the retreat.

One of the Engineer Droids reported "Ma'am; 4 of 5 Star Destroyers are destroyed and the remaining one is on the retreat with Geo boarding it. Should we tractor beam the Star Destroyer?"

Clover said "No. This battle is won; let them go."

The engineer nodded and we witness as the last Star Destroyer (which was on fire from all the damage that was done to it) left into Slipstream; heading to Canterlot.


Later on...

Meanwhile in the dream world...

Charming, Geo, Celestia, Cadence, Sombra, Amidala, and Starswirl found themselves in a grass field with the sky being black. Suddenly; grass began to go to the ground as it formed a figure. There was a glow of purple on the ground as an evil laughter (Just listen to the English one) filled the air.

Sombra said with realization "I know that laugh anywhere... Show yourself!"

A black mist appears in front of the group and the mist turns into Mephiles the Dark. When the process ends; he looks at the group.

Mephiles greeted "Well, well, well; aren't you a sight for sore eyes! King Sombra and Princess Celestia; my old pals!"

"Mephiles the Dark; what do you want from us?" Celestia asked with icy politeness.

Mephiles appears next to Celestia and wraps an arm around her neck "Don't play dumb Princess. You knew I'd be back." He pokes Celestia's muzzle (Where the nose would be at) and teleported to be in front of the group. "You think sealing me in Tartarus would stop what I have plan? I've been making deals, chatting with old friends, getting ready for the big day. You can't keep that key rift safe forever." He snapped his left hand fingers and an object appeared above his left hand floated an object. "You'll slip up and when you do..."

He grabs the object and smashed it to the ground; causing a fire and a massive beam to appear behind Mephiles.

Charming demanded "Why are you taunting us!?"

Mephiles answered "My newest minion; Cyber, is hell-bent into getting that object to free his own father from his cell in exchange for his life. You are going to find that he will succeed in where you, Celestia, had failed."

Sombra shouted at Mephiles "Get out of here!! You have no dominion on our world!!"

Mephiles replied "Maybe not right now but things change King Sombra. Things... change!"

Mephiles laughs as he floating up into the sky and that was when the dream ended.

Author's Note:

This was certainly an interesting development. In the next chapter; I plan a surprise involving the 'Key Rift' and something else. Hopefully; this will make the story go by faster.