• Published 29th Dec 2015
  • 1,176 Views, 85 Comments

Phantom War VIII: Return of the NLR and Mephiles' Alliance - Danny Eclipse



When Danny is tricked by Mephiles into believing that Celestia wants him dead, Danny decides to make the Equestrian Empire pay by returning the NLR and Mephiles' old army; The Shadow Empire. With their return, what will happen to the Equestria?

  • ...
4
 85
 1,176

Siege of Canterlot II

About 3(1/2) weeks later, 3 days before the invasion…

I got word about what had happened at the Crystal Empire Temple and to say the least; I was happy. Not only was Twilight successful about getting the coffin that held Clover’s remains but Cyber had found the location of the Dark Forge. To say the least; we were happy that the reanimation weapon was, indeed, not a legend. However; without the dark matter that Mephiles had before taken away from him by Celestia and Luna, the weapon was useless. So; Cyber is personally going to see to it that the dark matter is secure. Anyway; I was in my chambers in the newly renamed Castle Lunar with Rainbow, we were thinking about our next course of action. We were, however, interrupted by a vampony walking into the room. Since the destruction of Lord Harkon and his Volkihar Clan; Castle Volkihar (renamed to Castle Lunar) was open to the Lunar Clan. Me and Rainbow were King and Queen of the Lunar Clan and led our people fairly and greatly. All half-blood vamponies, bat ponies, and ponies who volunteered to join my ranks, were welcomed to my Lunar Vampony Empire. Luna was also welcomed here; while she wasn’t a vampony herself.

Anyway; we were interrupted by one of the Vampony Guards; Night Whisper.

Whisper interrupted “My Lord; Charming wishes to seek an audience.”

“Tell him I’m not talking to him after that show of disrespect.”

Whisper nodded, closed the doors, and left. We waited for a few minutes before Whisper came back.

Whisper said “Charming insists that he sees you. He said that Canterlot is under threat and there may be a pony behind the invasion of Canterlot; the one who is the true mysterious leader of the NLR and Garrosh’s forces.”

“…send him in but tell him that he is treading on a dangerous path by coming here without an invitation.”

Night Whisper nods and closes the door. After a few minutes; the door opens and we see Charming walking in with two Vampony Guards behind him. They closed the door and I soundproof the room.

Rainbow warned Charming “It was unwise of you to leave Equestria; Charming. Here; on our territory and ground, no law protects you from our wrath.”

Charming replied “I had to come here anyhow. I am already informed that you know about what had transpired at the Crystal Knight Temple?” I nodded. “Then you are aware about the invasion approaching?”

“Indeed but I do not tend to help you.”

Charming demanded “Why!? Equestria is your home! Why won’t you defend it from the NLR and Garrosh’s forces!?”

“Equestria is my former home. You forget that when I became the Lord of the Lunar Clan that I had to leave Equestria behind. As long as the NLR don’t come here; my home is safe.”

Charming shouted “Celestia take it Danny! Danny; you must see reason! If the NLR and Garrosh’s forces take Canterlot, Equestria will fall! Who is to say that Equestria will be the last stop!? Maybe the Crystal Empire! Maybe even Castle Lunar!”

“So what if Equestria falls? It fell to the NLR and many other nations yet the Equestrian Empire survived. The Equestrian Empire has proven many times before that it could pass through anything the universe can throw at it. And besides; I know Twilight all too well; she won’t kill you, she’ll spare you, Sunset, and Applejack. She’ll probably corrupt the three of you into becoming members of the NLR. Oh, wait… she can’t corrupt you so easily. But Applejack and Sunset can.”

Charming replied “So that is it? You won’t help your own family and brother.”

“Says the brother that trusted his cybertronian adviser than his own brother.”

Charming shouted “I didn’t mean to make it sound like I didn’t trust you! I was stating Primus’ opinion!”

“Oh; so we are now allowing our cybertronian advisers have a say in the matter? Hey Unicron; what do you think of this?”

Unicron answered “My opinion about this is that Charming is nothing but a big pain in the flank.”

“I couldn’t agree more. Unicron said to you, Charming, that you are nothing but a big pain in the flank!”

Charming growled in frustration.

Charming muttered “You know; maybe Shining was right. Maybe you ARE the Spy. Or possibly; you ARE the one leading the NLR.”

My eyes narrowed and I had an expression of pure rage. I turned to him and, with my hoof glowing green, punched him right out the door. The door slung open and Charming was sent flying away; crashing into the floor. I came out of the room; a purple aura surrounding me.

“Care to repeat that Charming!?”

Charming insulted “I said you are a coward!”

That made me over the edge. I grabbed Charming by the neck and I teleported us up to the top of the castle and held him in my Force Grip. He couldn’t resist do to the fact that my force is far more stronger than his.

“You may be my brother… but no pony; I repeat, NO PONY, dare calls me a coward without being beaten to near death!”

I began to fire lightning at him. He screamed in pain but I didn’t stopped there. I created two clones and they came up to him and began to punch and kicked him. When they finished; they entered inside my body and I performed a Ghostly Wail that sent Charming flying straight through the outer tower. I teleported in his path, grabbed him, and made him hold his current position while I summoned my Dark Star Saber and began to slice and slash at him. After 5 minutes of slashing; Charming was completely bloody. I grabbed him, gave him a letter in his bag that he had, and teleported him away.

“Serves him right for thinking he can come right up to me and then talk it over before start sending insults my way. Heh; he knew better yet he did it anyway. Oh well; I beaten him to the point to where I can make a point.”

I landed on the ground and began to walk away.


Cyber’s POV


3 days later…

I was wearing a black cloak with a black hood on me. I didn’t any of my appearance shown. I learned that Charming managed to survive the beating from Eclipse and Charming admitted that what he did was wrong and ‘Danny’ was in every right to make Charming pay for it. I had my list of what to do in Canterlot.

#1: Restore memories of Shining Armor and the Royal Guard (Members of the NLR) and memory block them of my identity.

#2: Restore memories of Queen Luna and reactivate her Nightmare Parasite (Formally called Nightmare Moon).

#3: Head to the Dark Matter Vault and retrieve the Dark Matter.

With my list checks out; I needed to wait for the signal. Quick wasn’t long when I see cannon bolts hitting the city. The plan was that while Twilight led the NLR forces up in the sky; Garrosh, his forces, and the NLR would march upon Canterlot. The AAT tanks used by the NLR was bombarding the city to make Shining to activate the shield generators. When I do see the shield activating; I began to rush towards the location of the main source. I began to walk right where the barracks was at; two pony guards attempted to stop me.

Guard 1 said “Mister; you have no authority to enter this area. Please make your way to the bunkers.”

I used the force to crack both of their necks and proceed. They weren’t former NLR soldiers; since half of the Royal Guard is not NLR members but the other half is. I entered the Barracks and entered the shield station where I see Shining and a group of former NLR forces.

Shining asked “Who are you?”

“Your master.”

Before they could ask; I used a memory spell on them and they got their memories of the NLR. They looked at me and saluted.

Shining asked “What are your orders; sir?”

“I want you to locate the remaining NLR soldiers that were given to the memory spell and take over Canterlot. I’ll deactivate the shield, give out the coded signal to the NLR AATs, and you continue to make the assault. Twilight will meet with you later.”

Shining turned to his men “You heard him men! Let’s get moving!”

The NLR soldiers and Shining began to leave. I, myself, began to walk away.


Meanwhile…

>>100% complete, slightly behind schedule
>>Opening Capsules...

The liquid inside the pods drained away and it opened; letting the smoke inside the pod leave it. When the smoke cleared; three ponies came out. They landed on the ground and woke up with a start. They noticed each other.

Pony 2 asked in shock “How am I… alive?”

Pony 3 asked to Pony 2 “That voice… is it really you?”

The ponies got up and looked each other in shock.


Meanwhile…

Inside a random alleyway; it looked normal until something began to appear. It was a portal. A certain white coat unicorn stallion came out of portal and the portal closed behind him.

The Stallion said with confidence “It is time to change the future.”

The Stallion began to run out of the alleyway and onto the street where he was making his way to the Castle in a rush.


Back with me…

I was inside Canterlot Castle. I was walking down a hallway that was empty under recent events and I see a certain door with the moon crescent on it. I went to it and detected a soundproof spell on it. Using my cybernetic left eye; I could see into the room and see Luna sleeping inside. Smirking; I opened the door and walked in. When I did; something caught my eye. The door closed and the room lights lit up. I see a squad of Night Guards surrounding me with Luna opening her eyes and getting up.

Luna said “I am no fool when it comes to distractions.”

“I expected no less from my own adopted mother.” I took off the hood; revealing my face. Everyone gasped in shock of my appearance. “I believe we have not met in person. I am Cyber; genetic clone of Danny Eclipse.”

Luna said “I was unaware that Danny had a… genetic clone.”

“Well; I’m supposed to be the superior than Danny but was proven… wrong. But that was in the past back in the time of Danny’s training. But now… I’m upgraded to be even more superior.”

I took off my cloak; revealing my entire body to her. I didn’t have the Medallion of Unicron around my neck since it belonged to Eclipse.

Luna stated “I can see the resemblance between you and my son.”

“I’ve never tested my power though; with these new upgrades.” My left cybernetic pupil began to glow. “Let’s try it out then; shall we?”

This made the night guards and Luna get into a battle position.

I performed the same gesture as Chaos Blast but it was ghost energy that made everyone be pushed back. Several guards were knocked out and a few were on the ground; in pain. Luna managed to protect herself from the attack and ran over to an injured guard; which so happened to have been Night Thunder.

Luna asked “Night Thunder; are you ok?”

Night Thunder replied “Yes… it hurts but I’m alright.”

“Aw; how cute. Perhaps I should add him amongst the ranks.”

I fired a memory spell at Luna. She turned to look at me when her horn was hit by the memory spell. Her eyes widen as I unlocked the memory block Charming performed on her. Then; I noticed her eyes change. They became something similar to Nightmare Moon’s. The spell ended and Luna began to chuckle darkly.

Luna said “It feels so good to be back…”

“You have your NLR memories and the reminder of Queen Luna. What shall you do with Night Thunder?”

Luna looked down to him and smiled.

Luna said “He will be my personal bodyguard. He has shown some interest to me and I shall keep him.”

I nodded, grabbed my cloak, and put it back on along with my hood.

“Flee immediately then. Others will follow you; travel to the Well of Darkness. There; you will find our new base of operations.”

Luna nodded and killed off the remaining guards while keeping Night Thunder with her. I got onto the balcony and jumped down. My wings opened and I began to take flight to the dark matter vault.


I arrived in a few short minutes and pulled out the harvester. I entered the vault and see a massive sphere that, inside of it, was filled with pure black energy. I pointed the harvester at it and opened it. The black energy began to enter the device and I collected all of it. When I finished; I began to leave with the device returning into my pocket dimension. I began to make my way to my escape ship.


Eclipse’s POV


I was in the Throne Room; as planned. But wasn't planned was Arcaan and Ventress. I pretended to apologies to Charming, who; in turn, apologized to me for insulting me. When the attack happened; Charming issued the order to raise the shields. However; when the shields came down, we got ready for the worse. Then we heard a big ‘BANG’ nearby and we got ready for anything. That was when the door bursts open and Twilight comes into the room. She wasn't alone, though. With her were Shadow Troopers (NLR Personal) and Shining Armor (Who wore everything similar to a Shadow Guard outfit except for the helmet). Twilight was in her Pre-Nightmare Form.

Cadence demanded "Shining!? Why!?"

Shining replied "My place is with the new empire evolving! A new empire of old!"

Charming demanded "What do you mean!?"

Twilight answered "He is referring to my master's empire; The Cyber Alliance. An empire so vast and powerful that even the Equestrian Empire would have no chance against it!"

Celestia shouted "What do you mean!?"

Shining replied "Twilight is leader of the NLR. But she isn't the lord of the Cyber Alliance. That would be Lord Cyber himself with Twilight and the Nightmares as his Cyber bosses."

Celestia asked "Nightmares?"

At that moment; Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity left them and walked over to them. When they walked over to Twilight; they turned around, revealing their Nightmare Moon-looking eyes. They smirked and I pretended to gasped.

"Rainbow!? But why!?"

Rainbow replied "Danny; I remembered my NLR past and I still love you. I didn't want to hurt you in the past; please don't make me do it again."

"R-Rainbow..."

Rainbow pleaded "Please."

Cyber told me in my mind "Eclipse; I've already ordered some NLR personal to become spies, you can return home to me and we can reunite and recreate Cyber Eclipse. You already got something we need in that bag you left for Luna on her transport. There is no need to stay away."

I mentally nodded and I pretended to have a fight with myself before sighing, giving up, and began to walk over to them. Rainbow smiled and hugged me.

Charming shouted in denial "Danny!? But why!?"

"I-I'm sorry..." I looked at Rainbow and smiled at her. "But I cannot bear losing Rainbow Dash. I love her so much and her begging makes me hurt inside." I turned to Charming. "It isn't too late for you to join us Charming and everypony. Please... join us brother."

Charming stood his ground and shook his head.

Charming replied "My place is with Celestia and Luna. I will NOT leave the Equestrian Empire."

Twilight told him "I hate to break it to you; Charming, but Queen Luna has returned to the surface world and is currently on her way to the base."

Celestia shouted in denial "What!? My sister would never-"

Rarity rolled her eyes "Oh please. Like she would stay with us when a far more superior empire. This is your last chance to join us Charming... or will die as Celestia's pawn."

Charming didn't move; making Twilight and Applejack sigh with disappointment.

"So be it Charming. You will be missed."

I fired a Ecto-Energy Ball at the roof and it began to collapse from the ceiling and began to fall on top of them. Before it could; however, 4 red crystal pillars spawned from the ground and created a red crystal platform above Charming. To support it; a teal aura surrounded the debris. When the impact didn't happened; Charming and the others opened their eyes and looked and see what had happened. We all gasped and see three figures coming out of the shadows and another figure levitated down to the ground. The three figures were none other than a reborn Starswirl, Amidala, and a new looking Sombra. The other figure was none other than Silver. We looked at them before me and the girls, along with Shining, began to make our escape while the NLR personal stayed behind to attack. When we got to the platform; we see a Fury-class Starfighter waiting for us. We got inside and began to make our getaway.


The Starfighter came out of slipstream and we see a massive station over a massive pit of darkness and this station was absorbing the dark matter from the pit.

Twilight said "Welcome to our new headquarters. Welcome home Eclipse."

"It is good to be home."

We could see a massive fleet outside the station and we began to make our approach to one of many landing bays. When we arrived; we got off and began to walk away.


I arrived in the room (The room where Revan and Malak made their final battle in Star Wars Kotor) where Cyber was at. Inside the room was a single black chair and I see it turn to me and I see Cyber on it.

Cyber asked "Everything is ready?"

"The Dark Energon is in place."

Cyber nodded "Let us reunite and allow Cyber Eclipse proceed where we left off."

I nodded and Cyber jumped down to me. We touched hooves and began to glow. When we turned white; we collided and became Cyber Eclipse once more. I opened my eyes and began to laugh.

"Let the Cyber Alliance... begin!"


Meanwhile inside the power core chamber...

The Dark Matter Harvester connected to the cords of the station and began to fuel the station's power. In another container was a large gem of Dark Energon. Cores connected to that and the Dark Energon began to fuel and power the station was well. Lights turned to red, hallway sidewalk lights began lighter white, and the hallways and chambers became purple. Outside of the station; a purple wave was sent out and all droids that were formerly part of Mephiles' Alliance were reprogrammed into Cyber's Alliance. All the green on the station was replace purple.

Author's Note:

That was long and I hope you like it all!