• Published 29th Dec 2015
  • 1,176 Views, 85 Comments

Phantom War VIII: Return of the NLR and Mephiles' Alliance - Danny Eclipse



When Danny is tricked by Mephiles into believing that Celestia wants him dead, Danny decides to make the Equestrian Empire pay by returning the NLR and Mephiles' old army; The Shadow Empire. With their return, what will happen to the Equestria?

  • ...
4
 85
 1,176

Battle of the Temple

A few hours later...

I closed my right eye and looked through my left. My mind and vision transfer to a hidden spy camera in the conference room in Canterlot. I see Charming, Geo, Celestia, Sombra, Starswirl, Chrysalis, Meta, Octavia, Lightning, and Brutalight. They were discussing how they should take down the Gravity Field to allow their fleet to get into the sector.

Geo said "Since none of our ships can't get close to the Dark Forge; our primary objective will be to take over the temple."

Charming reported "Thanks to Vanguard's recon; we have learned that the temple is heavily defended. And since our ships can't get through the field; vehicles is out of the question."

Geo continued "So our solution will be Speeders. Their very fast and quick attacks. We believe it will take a moment for the enemy to realize that they were ever attacked. Now; these clankers have some tough armor but its the shields you should be worried about. Their shields make them about to take our those with blasters with ease."

Celestia asked "So how will we be able to counter them if they have that type of technology?"

Geo answered "I theorized that maybe; just maybe, they aren't so strong against those with melee weapons. Magic is pointless against them but maybe the Force may have an effect on them."

Chrysalis asked "Alright; what's next?"

Geo continued "When the Gravity Field is down; our united fleets with enter the sector and Charming will lead a strike team to board the Dark Forge and get back our ponies and get out before the Star Destroyers destroy the Dark Forge's main stabilizers."

"Who will that team be?" Meta asked.

Charming answered "Geo, myself, Starlight, Celestia, Starswirl, Sombra, Meta, Silver, Shadow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Phantom Lord."

Chrysalis questioned "Phantom Lord? I thought he was against us."

Charming replied "He is doing this because he's in debt to me. So; he will be joining us."

Sombra asked "Anyone we should be aware of while we are in there?"

Geo said nervously "Well... there is an old friend of Sombra and Starswirl with Cyber."

Starswirl asked "Who?"

Geo said "...Clover the Clever..."

Starswirl had an expression of shock and disbelief. Sombra had the same expression but he looked like all color left him.

Starswirl said with complete shock "She... was my old apprentice. But she was killed during the Discord Wars..."

Geo reassured "I will inform you that she is currently against her will but maybe if we get Cyber to come to his senses that Mephiles is using him, Danny will return in place of Cyber to help us and release all of his enslaved undead minions."

"Won't work very well there." A mysterious but familiar voice said out loud.

Everyone, including the camera watching them, turned and see Phantom coming inside.

Celestia asked "What do you mean?"

Phantom replied "Cyber is more powerful than Danny ever was. If I had to guess; I would say that those cybernetic upgrades and the dark energon boost is more than just that. His control over the dark side and dark magic had further increased so it is safe to assume that something happened that caused him to grow even more powerful. Besides; he's more machine than pony with a heart made of steel and evil wrapped around a cloth of dark energy. When I confronted him; I could feel his dark power, his very might. He's stronger, more powerful, its going to take more than just me and Charming to defeat him."

Celestia said "Once we rescue Twilight and the others from his control; we can all confront him with the EOI. Together; even he will find it hard to defeat."

'Oh, I doubt that. They have seen many tricks of mine but there is one trick they have never seen before... the same trick of why my power is so vast and great.'

Brutalight replied "Lets hope with our combine power; Cyber will be defeated with ease."

Phantom warned "Remember though; only with our combine power can we triumph against him."


An hour later...

After some great hacking into Phantom Consortium's Mainframe Network; I managed to hack into the satellite. I began to oversee the files of it of its cargo. That is when something caught my eye. A project that Brutalight showed Danny before the own betrayal incident. Project SPARTAN (Special Personnel Armed Rival Trooper Android Neutralizer). I deployed 50 of them before the Phantom Consortium took it over again and I took over the leading Spartan Commando.


Meanwhile with the assault team...

A group of 350 Equestrian Empire Speeder Units; led by Charming, Geo, and Starlight, were heading to the temple.

Charming said "Target spotted. Estimated arrival; 30 seconds at current speed."

Geo said "The Cyber Alliance had its winning streak; now its our turn."

Beeping appeared on all of their helmets and Charming looked behind him; seeing 50 fireballs flying over them. It was clearly heading towards the temple to land ahead of it.

Starlight asked "What? Why weren't we told we were receiving reinforcements?"

Geo reported "Message from the Phantom Consortium. Turns out there was a hacker that hacked into their satellite and took all 50 of their SPARTAN units. It's the enemy."


The pods that the SPARTAN units were in landed in front of the temple. The SPARTAN androids got out and I took control over their command functions. I ordered them to take defensive position and wait for the enemy attack force. I had my Commando take position in front of the temple door; quick was ray shielded from entry. When the Equestrian Empire Speeder attack force appears; both the Cyber Droids and SPARTANs open fired on them. While the SPARTANs have Blasters and blaster pistols; the Commandos had Assault Cannons (Heavy weapons used by Trooper (Commando) from SWTOR). Charming jumped off his speeder and it crashed into some SPARTANs and droids and he pulled out his lightsaber. Several troopers parked their speeders, got off them, and began to fight.

When they were all defeat (Droids and SPARTANs, minus Commando), Charming began to charge at the SPARTAN Commando. The Commando fired a blaster bomb at Charming, sending him back. Geo pulled out a blaster pistol and shot the Commando right between the optics. The Commando attempted to attack him but Charming cut him in half and his arms. The droid fell to the ground and Geo deactivated the ray shield protecting the entrance and Charming, Geo, and Starlight began to make their way inside.


Later...

After some running around in the temple; Charming, Geo, and Starlight made it to the top of the temple. However...

They see a Unicron Bat Pony-looking creature protecting the controls of the Gravity Field. Charming recognized her in a second. Demon Sunset turns to them; a smirk on her face.

Demon Sunset greeted "Charming - I knew you'd come for me. Danny, or Cyber for that matter, thought you might be afraid to enter the Temple due to it being one of many places of the dark side but he doesn't know you like I do. Not anymore. Not since you've changed."

Starlight shouted "Quickly, Sunset - come with us! We have to escape before Cyber arrives!"

Demon Sunset asked "Escape?" She laughs a bit "You don't understand. I have sworn allegiance to Lord Cyber and the Cyber Alliance. I am no longer a pawn of Celestia."

Charming shouted "No, Sunset! Don't go back to the dark side! I lost you once, don't make me lose you again..."

Demon Sunset replied with icy politeness "You say that as if the dark side is some terrible entity. Celestia has brainwashed you like all the others. Like she once did with me. She speak of the dark side as if it was something to be feared. But in reality, her only goal is to manipulate those who are strong in magic. The dear of the dark side is a tool to maintain control. Why do you think Celestia forbid Revan from joining the Discord Wars? She knew he would realize his true potential and break free of her domination. Danny has shown me how Celestia has been using me the same way she once tried on Revan, or even you. She's been holding me back because she knew one day I would surpass them all!"

Charming stated "No... I don't believe it! How could you betray us like this, Sunset?"

Demon Sunset continued "I resisted at first. I endured the dark torments with the passionless serenity of a true Jedi, emptying my mind. But after a time of endless torture, I finally saw the truth. Danny forced me to acknowledge my anger and pain. He showed me the liberation power of these emotions. Then he made me see how Celestia denied me what is mine by right! Celestia knew that thanks to your training; both me and Twilight could perform Battle Meditation. And Celestia gladly used my Battle Meditation in her wars, like Twilight, but she still treated me like a child - like an inferior. She was jealous of my power... of what I could become! She wanted me to bow and call her master and follow her code and obey her every order. But all the while she was exploiting my Battle Meditation for her own use!"

Charming shouted "Don't be lured in by these dark lies, Sunset! You are better than this..."

Demon Sunset questioned "Lies? You are the one living a lie; Charming. Celestia made you into something you are not; she programmed you to be her slave. You used to be Charming, King of Harmony that was never bounded to Celestia, but no longer. You are simple a pawn to Celestia and the Equestrian Empire she serves... like I was until Danny freed me from her shackles. A pity, really. That the power you once had with the dark side is no longer in you. You could have been strong as I am now... stronger, even. But that will never happen, now. With the power of the Dark Forge; Danny will destroy Celestia and conquer the world. And I will be the loyal minion at his side - after I prove my worth by capturing you!"

Demon Sunset fires a lightning spell at them. Charming raises a shield and protects him and his comrades from the attack. Starlight goes to the offense as well as Geo. Geo fires some spells at Demon Sunset; who deflected them away. Demon Sunset force pushes Starlight into the wall and she falls to the ground. Geo fires a couple of blaster bullets at Demon Sunset but Demon Sunset blocks them and deflects one at Geo's blaster; knocking it away from him. Charming goes to the charge and they began a lightsaber duel combat. Charming and Demon Sunset was at a stalemate until Charming fires a lightning spell at Demon Sunset and pins her to the ground. Demon Sunset, with no other option, uses Force Repulsion and pushes Charming back. Geo and Starlight came to Charming's side with he gets up. Demon Sunset gets up as well and looks at him.

Charming said "Give up Sunset... you can't beat us all."

Demon Sunset acknowledged "You are stronger than I would have thought possible... After what Celestia did to you. It would seem that Danny was wrong - the power of the dark side is not lost to you after all Charming."

Charming said "You are wrong Sunset. I casted away that power and now; I draw my power from the light now, Sunset."

Demon Sunset ignored Charming's statement "You can deny what you are, Charming, but you are only fooling yourself. I know the truth. I have seen the shadows inside your mind. Remember; I was there when you unleashed the power of the dark side when you were no more than a foal. It proved that you were a relative to Sombra. I remember it all and it was my magic that made you calm down and preserve your light, Charming. We are forever linked by my actions on that!"

Charming said "That is how I know you will come back to the light."

Demon Sunset replied "These are not your true feelings, Charming. You are speaking as a tool of Celestia - as I once did. But now I see how Celestia used us both! Celestia tried to exploit the bond between us. She hoped I would draw out your feelings to me so she would have better control over us. We were slaves to her will - like all who followed Celestia! But in our shared visions of magic; I also felt the so called taint of dark magic within you. I resisted it at first, but now I embraced the power of the dark side - your dark side!"

Charming advised "Learn from my mistakes. It is not too late to come back to the light!"

Demon Sunset replied "Mistakes? No, Charming - the only mistake you are making is the one you are making now! You deny yourself the power that is yours by right! Only now do I realize how strong you are. You deserve to be the true King of Equestria, not Celestia and Luna. I see this now. Together; we can destroy Celestia with Danny and the Cyber Alliance. Join with us and we can reclaim your lost power!"

Charming whispered "I'm not like the past me anymore... I don't even remember those days..."

Demon Sunset reassured "Your mind was too badly traumatized to ever fully restore your past memories, Charming. But your power, your strength of will, the essence of who and what you are; these things still remain! Once long ago, Revan defied Celestia, freeing himself from her control. You can do the same Charming! You can claim your rightful title as King of Harmony and Equestria. Together; we can defeat Celestia and take back what is yours!"

Charming demanded "Turn away from this path, Sunset. The Dark Side leads only to destruction!"

Starlight replied "Sunset, it is not too late for you to be saved. The teachings of the Jedi can lead you from the dark side back into the light and a true understanding of magic and the Force."

Demon Sunset looks at Starlight with hate "You are beneath my contempt, Starlight. When you felt the power of the dark side, you fled to a cave like some cowering animal! You know nothing of magic or the Force or its true potential!" Her gaze returns to Charming "But you, Charming - the power of the dark side is yours to command! You can use it to destroy Celestia! With my help, you can rule Equestria and work alongside with the Cyber Alliance!"

Charming stated "I am no longer that darker entity for that entity is long dead. With the teachings of the Jedi Masters that taught me everything I know together, I would have never become a true servant of the light now."

Demon Sunset sigh in defeat "You are a pathetic fool, Charming! Togetherl we could have defeated Celestia and ruled over Equestria, but now I will be at Danny's side instead! You will be crushed with Celestia and all the fools who bow down to her! No one can stand against the power of the Dark Forge and the Cyber Alliance!"

Demon Sunset attempted to strike at Charming but Charming grabbed her with his Force Grip. He began to tap into his powers of the Elements of Harmony and he fired the Harmony Rainbow from his horn at Demon Sunset. It struck her and she began to cry out in pain as dark energy began to leave her body and return to the Dark Forge. When the process ended; Sunset landed on the ground with a 'thud' and Geo went past her to deactivate the Gravity Field. When he finished; he took out his personal holotransmitter and activated it; answering it was Admiral Octavia.

Geo reported "The Gravity Field is down; send in the assault force. Have Charming's ship sent down here and tell Celestia that we have recovered Sunset."

Octavia nodded and the transmission. Everyone looked up as a massive fleet of all sorts of capital ships came out of Slipstream.


I looked out the window; seeing the fleet arriving. I heard the door open and I senses it was Shining.

Shining said "The Alliance's assault fleet has arrived... like you predicted."

"And I sense Demon Sunset is no longer among us."

Shining asked "What is your orders?"

I closed my eyes and used the force to activate the all-speaker.

"Mobilize what remains of our forces! The Dark Forge must be defended at all costs!" I summoned the Dark Star Saber and held it close to me. "If Charming Thunder wishes to wage a battle for the fate of all the world! Then I shall oblige him! This Will Be Our Last Stand!"

Author's Note:

The final battle has arrived! Which side will win?