• Published 29th Dec 2015
  • 1,176 Views, 85 Comments

Phantom War VIII: Return of the NLR and Mephiles' Alliance - Danny Eclipse



When Danny is tricked by Mephiles into believing that Celestia wants him dead, Danny decides to make the Equestrian Empire pay by returning the NLR and Mephiles' old army; The Shadow Empire. With their return, what will happen to the Equestria?

  • ...
4
 85
 1,176

Betrayal

I was on my way back from the trip I took to the Griffin Capital. I was on board a Keldabe-class Battleship. Everything has been smoothly since me and Charming had unlocked our true Aspect Powers. I've been training on it since the event of it all. And some other stuff had happened since it.

Rainbow is getting more and more motherly since Sonic's birth but has been back in duty with the Wonderbolts. Sonic has finally spoken his first word and we were proud of it as well.

Charming and Twilight have been having more and more time together. The wedding between Applejack, Sunset, and Charming has been made and they are married to Charming now. I also heard that Applejack and Sunset lost their virginities to Charming just the night of the wedding with Twilight. I congrats my brother and I, myself, got married to Trixie and Sonata. We had fun that night; that was for certain.

Sunset told me she had no protection on her so I would have to guess she is hoping for a child with Charming. Applejack was the same. I just hope Charming doesn't get too carried over. Besides that; me and Sunset had our fair share of adventures and excitement.

Applejack has been busy lately on the farm as well and training on her combat skills with a rifle, pistol, and vibrosword. I heard Applejack was thinking about getting herself her own personal land vehicle.

Trixie and Sonata have been training on their lightsaber skills. Trixie was getting better and better with her skills, that is for sure. Sonata is improving as well.

Anyway; everything has been normal except with the war against Garrosh. He has been a very troublesome minotaur that seems to think he is too powerful to be defeated by 'mere mortals'. His arrogance is getting better and better after every day. Celestia thinks she should have the Alliance get involve with this effort to kill Garrosh more than ever. I wanted to stay out of this war since I wanted to be out of fighting for once in a while.


Meanwhile at a Fort near the Griffin-Equestrian Border...

There were ponies checking position of the Phantom Consortium ship since it was right on time. However; that was when they heard the door opened and they looked, seeing Charming Thunder. They got up and saluted but he told them to be at ease.

Charming asked "What is the current position of the Keldabe-class Battleship?"

The Officer replied "It is on approach to the border."

"Is Danny aboard?" Charming asked to the Officer in charge.

The Officer nodded "Yes sir."

Charming ordered "Captain... deploy fighters and bombers to shoot down and destroy that ship."

That made everyone turned to him in shock.

The Officer replied in complete shock and disbelief "S-Sir!?"

Charming glared at him "You heard me. Danny has been growing too powerful for the Equestrian Empire to control and needs to be put down. Even if he is my brother. I want you to destroy that ship and kill everypony, including Danny, aboard."

The Officer stared for a solid few minutes before nodding and giving the order out. If everyone was still looking at Charming; they would have noticed his eyes flashed from normal to green eyes with slit pupils and back again.


I was on the bridge of the ship, looking at the Captain of the vessel.

"Report."

The Captain answered "Sir; we are about to arrive at the location. We'll be receiving a transmission shor-"

We began to hear beeping from one of the helm's console.

The Pilot reported "Sir; we have TIE Fighters approaching. There's... 50 TIE Fighters, 20 TIE Bombers, and 3 Acclamator II-class assault ships approaching."

"Why are they here?"

The Captain hailed them under transmission.

The Captain demanded "Attention Equestrian Empire; state your purpose."

They didn't respond. The Captain tried again but it didn't work.

The Pilot warned "Sir; they are going into attack speed."

"It's a trap! All hooves into battle stations; we are under attack! Take evasive action Delta Six!"

The Pilot nodded "Delta Six confirmed."

The Keldabe-class Battleship began to turn, its cannons and weapons began to fire at the TIE Fighters. When they got into firing range, they began to light up the ship. The Keldabe-class Battleship was, then, bombarded with proton torpedoes. The entire ship shook as we took the hit.

The Pilot reported the damage received "The shields are down and we have took some critical damage!"

"At this rate, we won't survive this attack." The Captain said.

"Then Captain; stall as much time as you can for me to get to the Escape Pods. I'm too important to be killed."

Captain nodded "Yes sir." I turned to run towards the escape pods. "It's been an honor serving beside you."

"Likewise."

I left the bridge, heading towards the escape pods.

Captain shouted "Alright men! Keep the enemy at bay, we need to give Lord Danny enough time to reach the pods."

The ship began to fire at the TIE fighters and bombers but was having no luck. I made it to the escape pods and just in the nick of time. The Bombers fired the last wave of proton torpedoes and I managed to make it into a pod when they hit. The attack began to shake the ship and I ejected the pod. It was sent launching and about a few feet away, the ship exploded and my pod went crashing into a lot of things. I managed to connect into life support when we finally landed; I had suffered severe injury during my escape and I released a Phantom Consortium beacon on the pod.


Meanwhile at Canterlot Castle...

Soundwave was watching the royal family talking to each other.

Dusk asked "So; how is life for you so far, Twilight?"

Twilight replied "It has been great so far. I told Charming about the Siege of Tartarus and he couldn't believe about the entire thing."

Rainbow asked "Where is Charming?"

Twilight looked at Rainbow "Currently talk with Thrall alongside with Celestia and Luna about Garrosh. They should be returning tomor-"

Suddenly; Soundwave's HUD began to beep and he became active. He began to narrow the signal and discovered of my life signs on the ship. He sent a message and the others turned to him. Soundwave ran out of the castle and transformed into his vehicle form to head to the source in hurry.

Twilight asked "...What's with him?"


A TB-73 arrived to the location; led by Duran. When they found the pod, they opened it and put my body inside the medical capsule they had for me. Finally; they shipped me up to the TB-73 and it began to race to the medical wing at Ponyville with slipstream.

Duran vowed "Whoever did this to you master... will pay for their life!"


They arrived to the medical wing and I was put into life support. The medical droids began to do their best to see to me but were having difficulty. The doctor came out to the waiting room; seeing Dusk, Rainbow, Sonata, Trixie, Duran, and Soundwave waiting there. Seeing the doctor, they got up and raced to him.

Rainbow asked "How is he doc?"

Doctor reported "We managed to stabilize him. However; we are unable to heal him whatsoever and his healing factor is not responding for some reason. So his wounds cannot be healed. His wings were almost critically damaged to the point where he may never fly again, his wounds are severally damaged to the point he may never walk ever again, and he seems to have not suffered any nerve damage. He is barely awake at the moment and he wishes to speak with Rainbow about who did this to him."

Rainbow nods and walks to my room and that was when she sees me, strapped onto the table and connected to life support. I looked towards Rainbow, barely even awake. She rushed over to me, coming next to me.

Rainbow demanded "Who did this to you?"

"Charming... Charming...... Thunder......." I whispered to her before falling asleep.

She was complete shocked but she left the room, completely angry and going to her primary target on her kill list...

Charming Thunder.

Author's Note:

Charming better watch out because someone coming after him, hell-bent to probably killing or immobilizing him. Can Charming survive Rainbow's wrath, no one knows... yet.