• Published 25th Nov 2015
  • 3,896 Views, 159 Comments

Underworld Frisk - Darkonshadows



Pinkie fell to these monsters, now she has to dance with her heart to save them and herself.

  • ...
15
 159
 3,896

17 - Song and Dance

“I’m just about done Pinkie and then we can be on our way.” Toriel gripped the base of her right ear with a flaming hand and slowly dragged it down to the tip causing the mud to come off in thick chunks that fell to the ground. After that she shoved a flaming finger into her ear and wiggled it around a bit before pulling it out. “Ah, that’s much better.”

“I’m almost done too Tori!” Pinkie sat near the mobile nice cream stand rubbing First Mate Temmie’s belly and she was mewling and barking happily at the affection.

“I have victory for Tem!” First Mate Temmie said in answer to the happiness she felt. She was in a stage of complete ecstasy that most Temmies wanted to be in, the belly rubs had indeed been worth the long wait and her patience was rewarded. All the other Temmies were sure to be jealous of her grandest achievement ever.

“Well I’ve been ready to go, where’s the kid?” Being the first one to take notice, Gyftrot saw that Kid was long gone after finishing his nice cream.

“Probably went to chase after Undyne. I think he’ll be fine as I don’t think she’d attack a child, but I still can’t help but worry about him running around like this all alone. His parents must be so worried.” Toriel was just being a goat mom and couldn’t help but worry about the adventurous child named Kid. “It’s been nice to see you again Mr. Bunny, but we must be on our way.”

“I’ll see you guys around! I’m getting some real good business here.” Blue Bunny was positively surrounded by Temmies eating lots of nice cream.

The three travelers, technically four, were about to set off when Pinkie remembered something important.

“Wait a minute, where’s my Pinkie Suit!” Pinkie Pie hadn’t wacked small cute animals upside the head with slightly stiff bread just to forget about it now. “Anyone see where my Pinkie suit went after the deck exploded because of The Super Awesome Papyrus’s spaghetti plate? Oh great, now I’m accepting the running gag as an actual thing that exists with him. He is pretty awesome having invented highly combustible spaghetti though.”

“Over there.” Flatly stated Gyftrot who had hoped Pinkie wouldn’t notice it. Being a good ‘deer’ friend, he just had to point it out to her.

“What… no….” If her hair wasn’t already deflated Pinkie would have deflated right then and there. She watched her Pinkie Suit’s head sunk beneath the bog and the last thing it did was raise its left hoof before sinking into the muck. “Well gee; I hope it’ll be back eventually. Given the chance that it won’t in time, I guess I’ll have to make a new one then send it to myself from the future.”

“What, a new one!” Two voices echoed out. Toriel and Gyftrot were completely horrified at the idea of another Pinkie Suit existing.

“Yep and I still owe you Tori, so you can expect me to get around to my promise later.” As Pinkie hopped off, Tori had a bright blush on her face.

“What did she promise you?” Gyftrot was still carrying Pinkie’s stuff and he shifted the so far unused shovel about as it had been digging into his side slightly.

“She promised me a dozen cupcakes… I can’t believe I’m so easily bribed.” Toriel brought her hands up to her face to hide her shame at giving in so easily to the adorable pony.

As they walked off they ignored the Temmies that went to work on fixing the exploded deck of the S.S. Tem Ship.

-

After setting off through the rest of the swamp they came up to a sign that read about the power to take souls is what humans feared.

“Again not entirely the truth, humans also feared our strange appearances and our even stranger biological workings. Like how not all monsters need to use bathrooms, but plenty of us do.” As they passed by the sign they came to a room filled with water surrounding the pathway, as they walked forward on the path something strange raised out of the water alerting Toriel to the fact that they weren’t alone. They walked a few more feet before she couldn’t take it anymore. “Stop, there’s something here.”

Slowly it rose out of the water, a giant anime faced onion with tentacles. Pinkie just looked at it curiously, Toriel took the same route of curiosity that Pinkie did and Gyftrot just kept walking onwards ignoring it entirely. Apparently Gyftrot was not going to get himself involved in any of the shenanigans that Pinkie and Toriel got up to; he would still wait for them up ahead.

“Hey there, noticed you were here.” Then the onion monster took on a goofy expression. “Hi I’m Onion-san! Onion-san you hear! You’re visiting Waterfall, huh? I really love this place, but it’s been going downhill a lot recently you hear.”

“Hey there Onion-san, yep, we’re on our way through. So if you’ll excuse us, we just got waylaid by a bunch of these really cute little creatures known as Temmies and we don’t feel like stopping to talk.” Having had the mud cleaned off her by her favorite goat lady, Pinkie couldn’t say it was all that bad to have Toriel’s hands all over her and the magic she used really tickled.

“I know it’s quite a bother to talk to me, but being here beats moving to the city and getting stuffed into a crowded aquarium you hear. It’s been really quite shallow in here lately, hold on a second. I’m easily getting tired of all this shallow water you hear.” The giant onion monster continued to follow them along in the water way trying to chat them up; it seemed as if ‘Onion-san was very lonely’. “All my friends moved there, to the city that is and the aquarium is full anyway, so even if I wanted to... that’s okay though. Undyne’s going to fix everything you hear!”

Pinkie sighed as she stared at the air and then shook her head before trying to place the brightest smile on her face that she could manage. It’s not like the air has steered her wrong about the feelings of others yet, especially when ‘this large onion monster is stuck here and needs help’. It was becoming readily known that Undyne was considered a heroic figure among many monsters, mostly because she was tough as nails and strong in spirit.

“Tori… let’s listen to her for a moment.” Pinkie looked to Toriel with a bit of concern on her face.

Hearing Pinkie’s words, Toriel sighed and stopped. Pinkie wanted to help another individual and she had to admit to herself that she wanted to do so as well. She couldn’t very well be coldhearted to anyone, especially not with Pinkie around.

“I’m going to get out of here eventually and live in the ocean you hear! Well once every monster is free on the Underworld that is.” The giant onion monster tapped her two tentacles together as they slowed down and made it to the end of the room. “Well I guess this is the end of the room… I guess I’ll see you around.”

“My name’s Pinkie Pie and this is Toriel, is there anything you’d like to ask of us? I think me and Tori could help you out!” This is rather sweet of Pinkie, but it stands to wonder if she could lift an octopus onion monster that weighs a metric ton and carry it to the ocean.

“Oh… well… there is one thing you hear. Despite not knowing how to sing or play instruments, I’m going to start a band called the Red Hot Chibi Peppers! So I need to ask, do you think the band I’m forming could be popular?” Onion-san looked particularly hopeful; this was obviously not what Toriel or Pinkie had expected Onion-san to ask of them. Aside from the obvious verbal tick of saying ‘you hear’ a lot, she seemed optimistic despite her circumstance of being lonely and stuck in a dreary place.

“If it’s your dream, then I say… go for it! Do your best, try hard and you can succeed at anything! You look like you’d make a good drummer, so let me give you some pointers.” Giving the pointers would have to wait as Pinkie and her goat friend found themselves being hugged up against Onion-sans body. Her onion tentacles were quite strong, in both odor and grasp. The crying involved could either be from the smell or the pain Onion-san was accidentally causing her new friends.

“Oh my goodness, you are so friendly and fluffy you hear!” If only Onion-san could hear their cries for help, she’d notice that she was crushing them in her cuddly hug. She eventually released them and Pinkie Pie looked entirely blue again and The Blue Powered Papyrus wasn’t responsible this time. Onion-san looked hopeful. “So, some quick lessons right?”

“Right then, if you can tap out a rhythm like this, you’ll probably be a good drummer! Let’s see if you can follow me.” Tap dancing a rhythm was easy for Pinkie and then Onion-san attempted to follow with Pinkie by slapping the floor nearby and trying to keep up with Pinkie’s hooves. “Get ready because it’s going to get trickier from here on out Onion-san.”

Pinkie was tapping out a rapid beat and then it was followed by Onion-san who looked happy to learn how to drum and then they looked to each other and started going at the same time. The tentacles were slapping the floor in the exact same rhythm Pinkie was stomping out.

“You’re doing well so far Onion-san, if you can keep up with me you’d make for a great drummer.” Then Pinkie started really stomping a complicated rhythm and Onion-san was managing to copy her stomps at the same time as she drummed her tentacles against the floor.

Toriel just stared; it was like they had rehearsed the rhythm they were both playing out. Pinkie stomps and quick taps were proving to be quite musical sounding. She knew ponies were talented when it came to musical numbers and spontaneous choreography, but this was ridiculous. She could even swear she saw Pinkie’s magic interacting with Onion-san. They stopped for a moment and then continued, Onion-san wasn’t too bad and had flummoxed the rhythm slightly every once in a while.

“Yeah, you got it Onion-san, that’s how you do a rhythm. Learn to play the drums or something that can at least survive your tentacles slapping at it, because you’ve got the beat!” Causing the giant onion to blush and give a smile that would make Pinkie’s day as she turned around to address her goat friend. “Okay we’re good Tori.”

“Wait, one last thing… um… how do I go about finding a singer or other band members? I’m kind of water bound you hear.” Onion-san was quietly poking two of her tentacles together looking a bit down.

“Don’t worry we’ll send someone your way to help you out!” Pinkie gave Onion-san a cheerful smile as she exited the area waving back to the large onion monster that waved a tentacle back at her.

“How are we going to find her a band, much less someone who can sing Pinkie?” Given the fact that opening her mouth sometimes has causality tendencies, Toriel caused her and Pinkie to have their souls ripped right out of them by a monster that didn’t seem as if it was even trying to get their attention or attack them. In fact the monster wasn’t even looking at them when a pull field erupted towards them at that exact moment.

The creature turned to look at them with a sad looking eye, the other one was covered by her hair. It was a little angler fish with long hair for its small form floating above some weird eel shaped creature with a large mouth and spikes coming out of its back.

“It’s Shyren, she is a musically talented monster that can sing, but is very shy. If you can get her started singing, then she may become a bit braver and with a little confidence boost she’ll go far. Whoever this Mifty is, I’d certainly like to meet her as she’s been everywhere.” Gyftrot had been waiting for them with the book open to the very page in the monster compendium since he knew that they’d both somehow run into a pull zone. It was becoming a rather noticeable occurrence with the duo to suddenly have their souls pulled, and then they would just befriend the crap out of whatever monster was trying to steal their souls. “Also her head is her actual body; the thing below her is actually her agent. He’s not an overly aggressive monster and I think it’s the one that pulled your souls since it’s doing what it is supposed to do, finding her a job singing for a crowd.”

“How fortuitous…” It was commented on rather dryly by Toriel who gave her words an entirely sarcastic lilt.

“I know, right? Maybe if we can get her singing, we can convince her to be friends with Onion-san so she’ll be happy. It’s the perfect plan!” Cutely clapping her hooves together Pinkie started thinking of what to sing, she was channeling Twilight Sparkle for a moment there.

“Look, just be prepared to dodge when she inevitably attacks us Pinkie.” Moving her soul through the air with a sweeping gesture she tried to keep it as far back from Shyren as possible in the pull field.

“Come on Tori; just let me do my thing!” Pinkie took up a spot on the floor and cleared her throat.

-

“I may know; that this world is grim. But things are not… quite as so dim.” Pinkie started singing slowly and the Shyren looked at her curiously wondering where this was going. “All the monsters are blue, sad and stressed… while I am here, just doing my best.”

“Now let go of all that darkness and, sing a song, all day long. Now come, and you’ll see my heart shine bright!” Pinkie’s rhythm changed to something a bit faster paced and the Shyren’s eyes widened in shock and Toriel was also surprised, Pinkie’s soul started pulsating brightly and followed the rhythm of her song. It was filling the room with a soft pink glow. “I give my all, to help others in plight. And that’s me, which is my very own light!”

“I bring hope to those who all will need it; it may not be much it’s true to any who see it. I do my best to plead my case, and then I will make you believe in it and my happy smiling face! If you can’t see what joy there is in helping those around who are blue, then you need to start singing I say confound you! Because I won’t stop the cascade that is the joy I will fill in you, your empty heart will stop being down and I’ll turn that frown just right around!” Pinkie was filling the room with joy and there was no doubt about that as the Shyren started smiling, the music couldn’t be heard but Pinkie’s song was infecting them with her happiness. “My own soul can fill a world with color, fueled by rainbows the grayness of your world will shatter, I am a little hero and a powerful friend, and all over the world my joy will splatter!”

Pinkie started bobbing her head to the invisible music and humming, everyone in the room felt a strange sensation coming from the light given off by Pinkie’s soul. She started dancing and shifting her hips, she even started bouncing and her butt suddenly lit up with an outline of her cutie mark.

“Now all you come on and join in on the fun, and then we let all of that joy out! It’s inside of all of you, and I can see it quite clearly too! So stop being blue and share the joy with a good shout!” Every monster in the vicinity started giggling as happiness seemed to have flooded the area. “Come on everybody, let us all have a party… and then we’ll get all of that joy out! Sharing laughter with your friends, is really the best way for time to be spent, because it’ll take away all of your blues and darkest doubts!”

Shyren started humming a tune to what Pinkie was singing; the shifting tunes were causing her to look wondrous as she smiled. A smile made her look less horribly depressed and shy.

“Sing with me and the blues will be chased away my friend, if we work together there’s no problem we can’t end! If you can’t find the hope inside your heart, then look to me I’ll be the place you will have to start! You can’t stop me for I’m not lonely; my songs are not quite made of macaroni. I am fueling my own vibes which is exciting, as all the possibilities are not limited by things that are just frightening!” Watching Pinkie dance to a song with no music was poetry in motion as was actually seeing her cutie mark glowing on her flank.

“We have been down here for a while; we’ve been waiting for so long.” Shyren sung and her voice was beautiful and captivating as many monsters started come and listen to it.

“It’s gotten bad.” Toriel sung along as backup while crossing her arms as she stared at Pinkie faded sparkling cutie mark.

“Since when have we let our depression grow like this, that it’s so relentlessly strong?” The little floating shyren sung and looked beautiful to all the gathering monsters, even Sans was there and he was looking on with something akin to wonder.

“I don’t know.” Toriel was feeling the music and her own heart started to glow brightly alongside Pinkie’s.

“Come on and shuck off all the pains of anger, and hate.” Shyren and Pinkie sung together.

“I hope we still can.” Sang Toriel, she was still a bleating heart and didn’t like anyone being violent.

“We will build a future of love, and one of our own make!” The pony and the shy little singer intoned together, Toriel followed in singing the exact same words behind them.

“Because we are what we choose to be, we are all that strong.” The three sang together.

“We will be free!” Toriel brought her hand up to her chest with them clasped together.

“To make that bright future together, of which we will all wish to see!” The three sung together.

“Because that’s what all your hopes and dreams are going to really mean to all of us and maybe even especially me!” Pinkie held her note.

“Set us free!” Shyren sung and that was the end of the song, those three words had the monsters all crying. Two souls wedged themselves back into the bodies they came from without even an attack launched.

-

There was a second impromptu concert which Sans sold tickets to, after that was over the Shyren was smiling softly at Pinkie as she hovered before the pony having finished an encore of the song. Toriel and Pinkie were good singers and they had plenty of synergy when it came to working together.

“Thank you.” Shyren said quietly, she had a blush on her fishy little cheeks and she was a really cute floating fish monster with hair. She reminded Pinkie of Fluttershy so hard it was ridiculous that she wasn’t Fluttershy’s sister born as a strange flying fish monster.

“Don’t thank me yet, you seem like a rather mobile monster and so does your neat big lipped friend.” The strange monster that Pinkie was looking at just smiled with its eel mouth and eyeless body. There were a few spikes sticking out of its body in odd places. Two of those spikes even looked like eyes. “There’s a monster in the previous area we just came from and she wants to start a band, maybe you can help her find some musically talented monsters? Even if you don’t sing for her, maybe you can be friends? Her name is Onion-san and she’s really lonely.”

“I would like that, come along Argent… I wish to help this friend of hers.” Before she floated off to be followed by the large monster that could have also been an eyeless slug, the Shyren moved over to Pinkie and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

The pony blushed and rubbed at her cheek slightly, she had never met a fish cheekier or as shy as that that one. The soft spoken Fluttershy resemblance was still rather uncanny in a valley, the little fish could practically have her cutie mark tattooed onto her body and call it a day.

-

“That song was so beautiful; at least I’ll carry it in my memories.” Onion-san was trying to look on the bright side to being stuck where she was having heard and felt Pinkie’s singing nearby. Then there was another singing as well, then things became quiet. It wasn’t long before a little angler fish monster came floating up to her. She was curious as to what this monster was going to do as it opened its mouth and started signing just for her.

It was hard to get someone like Shyren to open up to others, but she did this to make a friend that was a friend of her friend. She didn’t sing anything in particular; she just lent her lilting voice to Onion-san’s lonely world. Shyren and her talent agent Argent quickly became good friends with Onion-san.

-

“Oh my goodness, you are amazing! Also I could see your cutie mark glowing faintly on your flank when you really got into it.” Not caring that the shy fish kissed her pony friend, Toriel brought Pinkie into a hug.

“No I’m Pinkie. I don’t know who this Amazing is, but for some reason I keep getting confused for her.” Pinkie was only acting confused as to why Toriel was laughing; she even started giggling a bit afterwards herself. Looking to where her cutie mark would be, it was currently not there and she sighed.

“Don’t worry about it Pinkie, let us move on then. Hmmm…” It was Toriel who took interest in a sign this time and she scratched her head at seeing it, there was a great treasure in the northern room? Well they better look into it, because Pinkie was going to suggest they do so anyway. “I guess we’re going to look into this.”

“Actually I was going to suggest we move on, but if you want to stop to look Tori then I’m okay with that!” Smiling Pinkie watched as Toriel slapped her face, she wasn’t completely innocent as she knew that Toriel thought she would want to investigate that path. She had just mentally got Toriel in a backwards trap by making Toriel suggest it herself that they go off the beaten path. It seemed like Toriel would be reluctant to do so after she got grabbed by the crazy little Temmies. “Yeah, I still don’t like the use of the B word, even if it is quite a literal translation of their species name. So not even in my thoughts Airy!”

“Fine, but first how are the two of you holding up Gyftrot, Mr. Snow?” It had been some time since Toriel addressed the snow in the jar hanging from a strap on her backpack. She also worried about their other more obvious traveling companion even though he seemed to be avoiding all the danger with relative ease, then again his soul couldn’t be pulled.

“Can’t complain, I’m enjoying everything and I’m glad that I’m not so easily forgotten. I’m seeing so much and I’m quite happy after that concert, no need to worry about me.” The jar glowed when the Snowman talked; it had been a while since they heard from him. He was always so quiet it was easy to forget he was even traveling with them.

“Ditto, though I’m still not certain as to how useful a shovel will be against Undyne, she can summon and fire spears like a maniac.” Shuddering at the thought, it was clear Gyftrot had a healthy appreciation for how dangerous Undyne was. “There were so many spears.”

The three, or four if you count the snow in a jar connected to a distant snowman, went to see what this great treasure was all about. They came to a room with a piano and a sign on the right wall. High on the left wall above the piano was the letter X with an arrow pointing to quit, probably meaning exit the room to reset the puzzle. Below the X and above the piano was a dot, left arrow, down arrow, right arrow and an up arrow.

“A haunting song echoes down the corridor, won’t you play along? Only the first eight are fine… what do you suppose that means? Also it’s the number eight and not the word eight.” Pinkie found this puzzle actually enticing, because there wasn’t a puzzle quite as complicated as this one looked to be. Whoever made this one had to be as smart as Twilight. Moving up to the piano Pinkie started to play it masterfully, but the puzzle wasn’t solved.

“How are you even doing that with hooves?” That’s something everyone would like to know, Toriel was just the first one to voice it after watching a pony play the piano perfectly for a bit.

“I don’t know, it’s just been a thing that all ponies are capable of doing… heck we ponies don’t even know why pianos exist in our society where there aren’t even any unicorns or how we do it.” It has now been positively confirmed, the pink pony known as Pinkie Pie can in fact play any instrument she gets her hooves on.

“Well we obviously don’t know how to solve this puzzle, so I think we should be on our way.” It made Toriel sad to upset Pinkie that she wouldn’t be able to solve the puzzle, but they continued onwards out the room and to their left into the hallway where they saw a strange statue and another two signs.

The first of the two signs they passed by talked about the power to steal souls and how humans couldn’t possibly counter it and how a human cannot take a monster’s soul. It said when a monster dies, its soul disappears. And that an incredible power would be needed to take the soul of a living monster.

“It’s not the truth, if you remember what one of the books said back in the snowdin library said. When a monster dies, they basically lose cohesion and their body turns into pure essence. A monster body isn’t quite as physical, so when what’s holding it together is gone; the essence basically pops all over the place like a soap bubble.” As Toriel thought about it, she became concerned. “It is even actually completely possible for a human to take a monsters soul without an incredible power, all they would need to do is gather a monster’s essence and… though it is sickening of me to say this, ingest that essence. Thereby the human would now have some of that monster’s soul inside of them.”

“Yet you’re body seems more physical than a normal monsters.” Gyftrot thought that you’d have to be pretty blind to not notice that Toriel’s body actually gained a strange physicality, aside from the fact that her soul could actually be separated from her body like a human’s soul would under a pull field.

Gyftrot was actually considering it to be a side effect of spending so much time around Pinkie who’s both physical and magical, but he wasn’t sure she was entirely the cause of the oddity that Toriel was among monster kind. Despite her being different, Gyftrot would never treat Toriel differently for it. She was still his queen that he’d follow anywhere, provided his services were needed of course.

Looking at the next sign, Toriel sighed sadly at the poor educational standards monsters had and turned to answer Gyftrot’s curiosity.

“The next sign would make you think that’s the reason for it, but it isn’t either and I’m still confused as to what’s going on with me. It says there is only one exception, the soul of a ‘special’ species of monster called a boss monster. A boss monster’s soul is strong enough to persist after death, if only for a few moments. A human could absorb this soul, but this has never happened and never will.” Toriel just shook her head at how dumb monsters could get. “As I have just explained to you this is not true as anyone could just steal a monsters essence and essentially use the leftovers of that soul for their own purposes. Also before you ask, I was considered one of these particular ‘special’ species of monsters. There was nothing more special about me than any other monster, except for the fact that my body is more put together than most monsters because my magic was stronger. I flexed my magic like a muscle and exercised to get myself to that point, mostly by using my magic to bake pies at the perfect temperature. Now I’m solidified into being like Pinkie is, I could actually pass for human as I am now if I were to take on the appearance of one. I’m afraid to know what will happen when I die; will my soul persist as a humans would? If it does, I’m planning on haunting my ex husband. Also never, forever and always should be used sparingly given that circumstances can change quickly to prove anyone wrong, like I was apparently wrong about the spaghetti and the cosmetic powder.”

“Hopefully you’ll be able to reach the Elysium Fields Tori.” The thought of there being no afterlife to talk about things you did in life with your friends with an endless amount of time on hoof was a little sad to Pinkie, especially considering monsters don’t seem to have an afterlife and were used to getting screwed over by everything in general. It was to the point that they started accepting the underground as their reality.

As they walked forward, a wan smile crossed Toriel’s face as she looked at the pink pony out of the corner of the eye.

“That’s a really nice sentiment Pinkie.” The idea was better than the alternative that a monsters soul and essence being eternally stuck in the nearest object when they died.

“Well until we know what happens when we pass away, we have to live first if we’re going to have any good stories to talk about when we do!” Ever the optimist Pinkie Pie continued to hum slightly and she stopped when she saw some strange horned statue sitting in front of them. “Hey Tori what’s that? It looks rather sad.”

“It looks like an ancient guardian statue. There used to be creatures called golems, they were basically the most basic of what a monster is.” Seeing the strange look in the pony’s eyes as she looked at the dripped on statue, Toriel had to ask. “Pinkie, is something wrong?”

“Hold on a second…” It looked like Pinkie was telling that to the statue and ran off; she came back dragging an umbrella. Opening the umbrella and placing it so that it covered the poor statue from the water falling on it from the cracks in the ceiling, she smiled. “There you go, nice and dry!”

A music box melody immediately started playing as soon as the umbrella was in position and Pinkie smiled at the music, Gyftrot and Toriel looked at her mystified. Neither of them would have thought to do that for the lifeless statue.

“What? He was sad so I made him happy, now he’s playing me a song!” Pinkie started humming along and then after humming the first eight notes again, she stopped and her eyes widened. “So that’s how you solve the puzzle, thank you mister statue!”

Pinkie was off back towards the piano room with her friends giving chase. They found her sitting at the piano with her eyes closed, she was humming slightly before she inhaled and tested all the keys of the piano. She opened her eyes and proceeded to start playing the tune the statue gave them. An open doorway appeared.

“I’d be hard press to match that kind of craziness.” It was a commendable of Gyftrot to admit that.

“Come on; let’s see what that great treasure is!” The enthusiastic Pinkie went into the next room to see a large red orb sitting on a pedestal. “Oh what is it, what is it!”

“I’m not sure, but I think we should take it.” As Toriel picked up the orb and tried to place the heavy thing in her backpack, only a white dog was taking up all the space in her backpack. “Snowman, did you see a white dog get into my backpack at any time?”

“No, why do you ask?” Snow heard Toriel’s frustration.

“Pinkie can you check the saddlebags.” It would only confirm what Toriel already knew, but she just wanted to be sure. The colorful equine looked through the two saddlebags on Gyftrot and turned to the goat lady with a strange frown.

Two dog’s suddenly ninja hopped out of the saddlebags and the dog in Toriel’s backpack joined them as they all went for the red orb and ran off with it.

“Your ex’s annoyance unit?” In answer to her flatly spoken question, Pinkie received a firm nod.

Author's Note:

There is a tune that Pinkie's singing her song to, but I'll leave it for you to figure it out. It's very easy.

Also I've been trying to edit this chapter for a while, so please excuse me for being a little tired and this chapter as being poorly constructed as any other chapter.

Song and Dance is quite an interesting idiom.

Update Jan, 27, 2016: The song Pinkie and the others sing to.