• Published 25th Nov 2015
  • 3,890 Views, 159 Comments

Underworld Frisk - Darkonshadows



Pinkie fell to these monsters, now she has to dance with her heart to save them and herself.

  • ...
15
 159
 3,890

10 - Story for Tori

It was a new day at the rock farm and Marble was asking questions about the ‘Choosing Stone’ issue that came up the previous day.

“So it’s a bad thing for Pinkie to have so many extra options in choosing someone special to her?” It was what Marble wanted to know and her parents were the foremost knowledgeable on stones of choosing, which helped narrow things down a lot when it came to finding love.

“You should already know that a personal choosing stone usually only has room for another name that isn’t yours, sometimes it’ll have two or three. Remember that a name fills in when you find someone that might be capable of becoming very special to you and it’ll only fill if you meet them and actually hear their name.” Igneous Rock Pie closed his eyes. “It’s not exactly a bad thing to have that many choices, but it can become an ill omen. With so many options things aren’t as set in stone as they could be. The forty one empty spaces on hers, it leaves me fearing for my Pinkie’s happiness as many are still unsure what causes so many empty spaces to form on a ‘Choosing Stone’. At best it has to do with the heart in question; I don’t like the idea that my daughter’s heart is getting out of control or away from her. At least we know Maud has two other options if that Trixie Lulamoon on her ‘Choosing Stone’ doesn’t meet her fancy. You and Limestone still only have the one empty slot, speaking of… when did you meet this pony Maud?”

“I was looking at rocks around the mountain where Pinkie went missing and Trixie put on a show in Ponyville where I was staying at the time. She caused an Ursa Minor to appear in town.” Maud continued to have a flat even tone and an unexpressive look on her face. “I thought it was a neat trick, her coat and hair reminds me of cobalt ore. Also she says her name a lot.”

“I think I’ve heard of her. Oh you would fall for a pony that has a blue coat along with what sounds like a zany personality that involves referring to themselves in the third person all the time!” Limestone huffed irritably. “You have odder kinks than even Pinkie does, which is a huge understatement in relevance to our family.”

“I will not deny that.” Said Maud in a way that only she could, with the same continuous monotone deadpan she was known for.

-

“So Pinkie, I know this may seem awfully personal of me to ask, but have you ever dated a stallion?” Given what Toriel knew of Pinkie, she wanted to know a bit more about her and if she really was pansexual.

“Yes, there’s this guy named Pokey Pierce, nice friendly stallion… unfortunately we acknowledged that it would never have worked out between us if he kept stabbing his horn into my cutie mark. I hope I can show you that someday, I currently can’t because someone knows why it’s not on my flank and they certainly aren’t telling me the reason!” Add another tally to the Pinkie looking up at nothingness at this moment, what number would that be by now? You’ve probably lost count already anyway. “Then there’s Caramel, he’s actually a really sweet guy. Unlike Pokey who is completely straight; he’s bisexual with very slight leanings towards stallions. My problem with him is that he’s always sticky, as if I wasn’t already sticky enough from making cinnamon buns from being a baker.”

A tiny rabbit dragged his big sister right up to Pinkie and wiggled his nose at her; the bedraggled older bunny looked a bit loopy on the ground from having been dragged all the way over to them.

“Sorry, I wasn’t talking about you.” Pinkie seemed to have upset the small rabbit for a second before it lost complete focus and started to run around while his elder sister tried to keep him under control with the leash. Toriel giggled before motioning to Pinkie to continue on if she had any more to say. “I always did kind of like Big Mac who’s the brother my friend Applejack. He’s a gentle giant of a stallion, but I didn’t like the idea of being split in half so I never even tried to ask him out and just hung out as friends with him. Besides he already has the local school teacher whose name is Cheerilee sniffing around after him and I totally ship that. There was that evening I spent with Mr. Fancy Pants, but it wasn’t romantic. It was more about the guy needing advice about how throw a wild party, especially while he was stuck in the middle of a boring upper class party. That was definitely an interesting crash course in party politics, I was hoping to go to the grand galloping gala with my friends but I guess my ticket is going to someone else. It probably wouldn’t have been as good as I thought it would be anyway.”

“It sounds like you are very popular friend to have Pinkie.” Toriel decided to take a left turn as they slowly strolled along through town. “Just to know someone who can put together and throw parties for anyone who needs a good cheering up sounds absolutely amazing.”

“Popular nothing, I can almost guarantee smiles wherever I go. I know every pony in Ponyville and half the ponies in Canterlot by name. I have to ask Tori are you trying to focus on other things then what you said at breakfast?” Pinkie gave a sad look to Toriel who didn’t answer and looked away.

“I would rather keep my mind off it.” Toriel was easy to make happy, but she was also apparently easy to depress.

“Then why would you ask questions that would lead me to asking about your ex’s name? You’ve never told me that. You’ve only told me what he’s done.” Pinkie was sure to give the guy Toriel was once married to a pop in the nose for being a big mean jerk for making the beautiful goat lady sad like this. She was distracted from her thoughts when she saw three sentient piles of slime sitting outside a house, one had a mustache and another was green in color and had a hair clip on it despite not having hair. The last one was really small looking and appeared to look like the older one with the cool mustache.

The family must own the house the two children were playing in front of with their father watching over them, Pinkie saw no sign of the missus and assumed that she was indoors and decided not to bother them.

“His name is Asgore, acting king of the Underworld. I just couldn’t condone his actions or accept the cost of our freedom.” Turning to the right they saw a strange machine that had a conveyor belt that sent giant cubes of ice at a muscular wolf who threw the giant ice cubes into the nearby river. “We’re all one soul away from being free, but I’m not very happy about it. It might have even been possible to have asked them nicely to aid us and they could have done that while still living. The more I think about, the more I’m torn between being angry and being sad. It happened and it’s in the past, there’s nothing I can do about it now and I’ve been trying to move past it.”

“Well that’s quite obvious. Hey, there! Why are you throwing big cubes of ice into the water? Do you ever get to add the powdered flavor sugar or what?” Pinkie stopped her conversation to address the well muscled brown bipedal wolf that had a lot of upper body strength, she needed some time to think.

“Please don’t talk to me; I’m rather busy keeping the core cooled down. The cubes of ice travel downstream and fall into the core keeping it from killing us all, it’s a job that takes up most of my day and I hardly get any break time as it is.” The wolf continued his job of tossing giant ice cubes into the water where they floated down the river. “Besides that we don’t have enough resources here in town to make the conveyor belt longer, so don’t ask.”

“Come along Pinkie, he’s appears to be very busy. Maybe we should try looking around the library.” Toriel turned back around and started walking; she was stopped when Pinkie asked a question she didn’t want to hear.

“Do you hate him Tori?” Pinkie ears were down and she was looking at Toriel, the goat lady sighed and turned back to Pinkie’s questioning face.

“No… I don’t hate him, though I’m no longer capable of loving him as I once did. He’s not completely heartless; if he was then I would definitely be able to hate him… possibly even more so than everyone does The Jerry.” Toriel shook her head and they walked back towards the town’s main row to see the library which was on their left now. It was comforting to admit it to herself that she couldn’t find it in herself to hate her ex-spouse.

Pinkie made note of the mouse wrapped in a green scarf that was too big for him and a strange smiling orange feminine looking horned figure that wore a cape on her right, they appeared to be close friends. Turning left she saw that the sign was misspelled ‘LIBRARBY’, she snickered slightly at what Twilight would do if she ever heard about this. There was no sense in worrying about the past; the present is what makes the future and Pinkie wanted to make all these monsters smile sincerely.

-

“Someone somewhere is laughing at a library! Quick Spike, we must make haste to the book mobile!” Twilight pointed a hoof towards the front door of the tree library.

“Twilight… did you forget to take you’re medicine again?” Spike asked dryly of the purple mare.

“Spike I’m not on any medication, you know that.” Twilight the purple nerd pony started prancing around in circles. “Besides its not like I’m obsessed over something so bad that it’s a disorder, what would Celestia even think of me if I did have one! Anyway I need to gather the books, so get the book mobile ready!”

“We don’t have a book mobile…. whatever that is.” Spike was beginning to wonder if the void left by Pinkie’s insanity was having an adverse affect on Ponyville. Sure things were still crazy; it was just missing a more subtle form of happy crazy to even out things.

-

Entering the library, it felt entirely cozy to Pinkie as they saw several monsters sitting around. They saw what appeared to be lizard or reptile monster sitting at the counter and there were three other beings sitting at a table nearby. One was obviously an armless Loox; the other two were new and unique to Pinkie. One looked like a green cat or caterpillar that smoked too much with upwards styled hair in bun and the other was blonde camel… possibly. She could just very well be a really odd looking dog.

“Hey there and welcome to Snowdin’s library, yes we’re aware that the sign is spelled wrong.” The green lizard person leaned back in his sweater and sipped what smelled like tea. “Enjoy your time by reading whatever catches your fancy.”

Toriel walked up to the shelf and started to look at several books titles trying to find a good read. Pinkie decided to start with the shelf on the far left and just picked one out at random, it was a small book.

“Monster funerals… okay this is kind of getting morbid. When monsters get old they turn into dust, then dust is spread on favorite object and is thus infused with their essence?” Pinkie shrugged and put the book back to look for a cheerier subject. She picked out a blue book from the shelf next door. “While monsters are mostly made of magic, humans are mostly made of water. Humans with their physical forms are far strong than monsters, but will never know the joy of expressing themselves through magic.”

“That’s obviously a lie and propaganda, considering that the humans apparently had enough magical power to seal all the monsters in the Underworld with an almost completely impenetrable barrier. If they didn’t have the magic to do that, then we wouldn’t be stuck down here now would we?” Toriel added her two cents as she was now reading a book with her reading glasses on and it was about snails. Reading glasses made her look adorable. “That’s the reason I want to be a teacher, I want to educate others on the truth of things instead of what we think is the truth. Monsters aren’t very good at keeping false information and the truth apart from one another.”

Pinkie wondered what Twilight would think of a book lying to her, she looked to the air as if expecting some cutaway gag that wasn’t coming.

“You did it before… why not this time?” After waiting for thirty seconds Pinkie moved on to the next shelf and pulled out a yellow book this time. “A person comes in; they pick up the book and start reading it… where’s the rest of the story?”

“Oh sorry, I’m still writing that one… I’m head of the Snowdin newspaper, we mostly just do puzzles and comics.” The blonde lady said, it was an unsure thing if those were ears or horns. She might not even be a camel at all, some monsters were hard to describe. “This here is my partner in printing.”

“Yeah, there’s not much news going on around here anyway so we fill it with fun activities, it’s about as much as an education system as we have around here.” The green catty lady with the dark hair next to her looked bored; she was shuffling some papers around as she addressed Pinkie. “When I was younger my teachers gave me word searches when we ran out of assignments. I was pretty good at making them and now I’m the one running the most educational thing in the newspaper. Says a lot doesn’t it?”

Moving on to the shelf with the orange books while worrying about the educational standards of monsters in the Underworld, Pinkie picked out another book hoping it was a decent read.

“Because they are made of magic, monsters bodies are said to be attuned to their souls. If a monster doesn’t want to fight its defenses will weaken.” Looking to the goat lady, Pinkie didn’t see her offering any counter statement this time. “The crueler the intentions of a monsters enemy, the more their attacks will hurt that monster. If a being with a powerful soul struck with a desire to kill… um, let’s end that chapter here?”

“If they strike with a desire to kill then the monster being struck will inevitably die, however if the desire was to befriend then the monster would respond with friendship in turn. However it is not entirely true, humans have what are called adrenal glands which activate when they become highly emotional or stressed.” Closing her book Toriel took on a lecturing tone with Pinkie. “The gland boosts their physical strength, but monsters do get weaker when charged aggressively as stated. So it’s like they hit us with twice the strength than they normally would have. Usually such a gland is activated from fear, hatred, anger and panic; some monsters like me who resemble humans more closely have such glands. It’s not always a negative thing when the glands are used, why they could be used in the course of saving another’s life with everything they have.”

“These humans sound a lot like ponies, except we’re made of mostly water and magic at the same time. I know that whenever I was in trouble, my big sister Maud would drop everything to make sure I was okay. When the adrenaline spikes in our bodies we tend to be running away from danger, ponies are really good at that.” Pinkie wondered why Toriel such got a curious look on her face and decided to move on while ignoring Toriel’s stare to the next shelf. She plucked out a light green book from the next shelf and opened it. “Monster History part four, no longer fearing humans we moved out of our old city, HOME. We braved harsh cold, damp swampland and searing heat. Until we reached a place where we started building what we now call our capital, NEW HOME. Our king is really bad at names. We should have asked our ‘goat mother’. So is that where we’ll eventually end up Tori?”

“Yes, I believe that is our main goal. Also that’s a mostly accurate history of what happened… though I wish everyone would stop calling me ‘goat mom’, what did I ever do to get stuck with that moniker?” Groused out an irritable Toriel, she went back to her book on snails and their reproductive habits. Maybe it had been a good thing that Pinkie had been distracting her from the book she was trying to read, because now her cheeks were rather flushed.

“Last shelf; let’s see what this one is. Love, hope and compassion are what monsters souls are said to be made of. The absolute nature of the soul is unknown. After all, humans have proven that their souls don’t need these things to exist. I will eventually do an in depth study into the darkness within everything, as monsters also harbor the ability to survive without these traits. Wow… that’s kind of disheartening.” Considering how much like ponies these humans and monsters sounded to be, there was a lot to think about. Looking at the author of the book she saw the author was W. D. Gaster. “Huh, there’s that name again.”

Pinkie tried another shelf and hit pay dirt with a monsters guide to baked goods, she sat down next to Toriel and snuggled up to her. Eventually Toriel draped an arm around Pinkie who was reading her book about sweets and hopefully wouldn’t run into any more heavily emotional stuff.

“It’s kind of sad that education system down here is highly lacking. It’s why I’m so very worried about you, because there’s no chance of finding good medical aid down here for you aside from magical healing which is a rare talent that few monsters have.” Toriel didn’t say much more than that as she cuddled Pinkie while reading her own book.

-

Having read a few things, Pinkie had found out a bit about monster history. What they thought of humans in general gave her the idea that they were a tad jaded about being sealed in what is called the Underworld. Reading the Monster Compendium gave her plenty of good insight into what monsters were like, they were often times careless in how they acted which was a bit of a problem.

Still it was interesting to know that the humans saw them all as a viable threat, despite a good number of them being relatively harmless. The ones that weren’t trying to drag your soul out to use as a punching bag for their grievances were gentle as a lamb, the ones that were at least had a reason to be aggressive to her and befriending them wasn’t too hard at all.

“The humans weren’t bad; they however were easily roused into a frenzy and quick to judge us despite having done little to them to earn their ire.” Toriel spoke softly and continued to be intrigued by all the gastropod facts she was reading about. “We have a lot in common with them, but our differences were exceptionally vast. One such difference is the numerous types of monsters that could do so many unique things and humans only generally coming in one form in comparison with the common ability to be highly innovative. They are always bipedal and have five digits at the end of each limb aside from the head; the only time that is not true is by deformity, injury or sickness. Is it such a comfort to not have a very large diversity in appearance? I ask because you’re people are similar to both monsters and humans, you may even be a common or middle ground between the two.”

“Everyone is different no matter how similar they look Tori, if you ever meet my family you might even think my sister Maud is the oddest family member for her highly emotional attitude. You know what; I should tell you the story of Hearth’s Warming! It is a story about putting aside your differences to come together in unity. Let me put this book up first.” Pinkie put away the book of monster style baked goods and stashed away the Monster Compendium in her saddlebags.

Toriel wasn’t the only one intrigued to hear this story as the other monsters present gathered around the two at the table as Pinkie took the stage to begin telling the story of the three pony tribes.

“Long ago there were three tribes of ponies that exist where I’m from; one was the earth pony tribe who are good in things related to preparing food and working the land. I’m an earth pony for those of you who don’t know what one looks like. Another tribe was the pegasi, known for their weather manipulation. They have wings coming out of their backs that allow them to fly and they could even stand on and move clouds with their bare hooves.” Pinkie couldn’t continue on as the young red Loox without arms was trying to get her attention by hopping up and down. “Yes, what is it?”

“What are clouds like? I’ve only heard from elders who knew what it was like to live above ground.” The Loox was obviously curious and it seemed to spend a lot of time in this library.

“They’re hard to describe, but think of something big, white and fluffy.” Pinkie answered amiably, a little put off that the poor child didn’t know what the sky or even rainbows looked like. “Can I get some crayons and paper over here?”

“Big, white and fluffy, you mean like ‘goat mom’?” The red Loox smiled and looked to Toriel, who actually looked a little amused to be called ‘goat mom’. Toriel hadn’t even done anything to warrant being called that by this monster she hadn’t even talked to, but she wasn’t about to complain about it or contest the given title to a kid.

“No, she’s big, white and cuddly, there’s subtle difference between them.” Getting back on subject of Hearth’s Warming Eve after making the goat lady blush from the flirting, Pinkie spoke of the last tribe. As she did she was given crayons and paper to work with. “The last tribe is the unicorns who are ponies that have a single fluted horns growing from the center of their foreheads, they are known for their magic and knowledge. Are there any more questions Tori?”

“There are none, please continue on Pinkie.” This actually had Toriel’s full attention; the other monsters were intrigued by this as well considering they were all paying attention to her words.

“Things began with these three tribes having relatively peaceful, if highly divided, societies. Things started to go downhill as the lands around the tribes started growing colder and colder with each passing day. The cold started becoming unrelenting with constant snowing and blizzards, the tensions began to run high amongst each of the tribes. They all started blaming each other for the misfortune that was befalling them that was known as the endless winter.” Pinkie continued her tale as if she were reading to foals and fillies in the hospitals on the weekend, only she didn’t have the book with her at the moment and she was going from memory now. “Eventually all the leaders of each tribe held a gathering to end the hostilities, things didn’t exactly work out the way they wanted them to. Pudding Head of Earth Tribe, Commander Hurricane of Pegasus Tribe and Princess Platinum of Unicorn Tribe gathered their respective tribes, as things had gotten so bad that all three tribes decided to uproot themselves and move away from their homes to seek out a new land to colonize to escape from the problem and each other. So they tried to go separate ways.”

“I’m guessing there’s an issue with the fact that the three tribes ‘tried’ to go separate ways?” Tilting her head to the side Toriel wonder where this bit of history was going and how it related to her question about diversity.

“Yes, even though the three tribes left at different times, their leaders all had them going the same general direction. Chancellor Pudding Head of the Earth Tribe was the first to leave and arrive in the new land, the earth ponies settled at the base of a mountain on fertile soil to start farming. They were followed very shortly by Commander Hurricane leader of the Pegasus Tribe forming a city in the sky above said fertile land and after that the Unicorn Tribe arrived and settled on a mountainside almost between the other two settlements. At this point the three tribes didn’t notice each other until they were done building their three cities. After that they just started fighting again amongst themselves over resources, appearances and other things once more. With their fighting they somehow brought the eternal winter to themselves once again, it seemed as if no matter where they moved they couldn’t escape it.” There was no pause for dramatic effect; Pinkie was taking a moment to let all of this to sink in as she showed them cute crayon drawings.

“Was there a reason why the cold followed them?” The green lizard guy was as enthused by the strange story as the others were, because Pinkie was given some paper and crayons to color with to give them rather childish looking visuals to form images from.

“You bet there was a reason for it! They didn’t know that at the time that there was a cause for it all. The leaders of each tribe decided to call for an emergency meeting where each of the leaders would only bring one trusted advisor to the meeting. The six ponies, two from each tribe, met in secret outside a cave away from all three of their tribe’s cities so as not to be disturbed. What followed were the leaders once again devolving into an argument about who should leave these new lands that they all worked so hard to colonize, it got pretty bad. Things started to get really getting cold around them so they moved into the cave for shelter.” Pinkie quickly scrawled out three ponies getting into scuffle with the crayons she had been leant by the library staff. “While their leaders were arguing and fighting the three advisors from each tribe gathered together for their own little meeting. The advisor of Pudding Head was Smart Cookie a pony who saw that there was some correlation between what happened before and what was starting to happen again. Private Pansy the advisor of Hurricane noted that the Pegasi were being blamed for all the cold weather despite it not being their fault at all and that the odd weather shifts seemed to be caused by something else. Putting together the final pieces the advisor of the Princess Platinum, Clover the Clever, figured out that something odd was going on when it came to the fighting between the tribes being a catalyst for the cold weather. By then it was too late for them to prevent an ambush by the true cause of the eternal winter which had followed the anger and hatred the three tribe leaders were spewing at each other in a constant stream, they couldn’t warn their leaders in time as the three of them had swiftly been encased in ice.”

“What was it that attacked them? Did the tribes eventually come together to deal with the threat? What happened next? You have to tell us, you just can’t leave it at that!” Toriel was positively giddy at this point to hear how the rest of it went, she could only hope for a happy ending at this point. There were various agreements from the now larger group of monsters surrounding Pinkie Pie; quite a few new monsters were getting a quick rundown of Pinkie’s tale as they had arrived late to the story.

Pinkie waited patiently for the others to catch up and then she cleared her throat earning the attention of everyone as she was ready to continue.

“The three advisers were left in a lurch with their leaders frozen with expressions of anger and hatred on their faces, their distaste for the differences between them made it impossible for them to see the true issue. With their leaders on ice and the situation looking hopeless the three advisers huddled together for warmth taking comfort in one another as the ice slowly crept along the walls and floor towards them in a menacing manner. The three advisers did not hate each other and didn’t break away from one another, they had easily put all their differences aside when their leaders could not. The creatures that caused the eternal winter soon revealed themselves to the weary and slowly freezing trio who would soon be just as frozen as their leaders.” Pinkie had dropped into the horror form of storytelling, which usually termed as suspense by waiting for all the monsters lean forward before continuing. “They were quite dangerous creatures; they fed on hatred, anger and malice which attracted them to the leaders of the three tribes. They fed well on the festering hatred the leaders of the three tribes had between themselves and for the ponies of the other tribes. They are called Windigos, creatures of ice that had easily sown hatred and misery among the three tribes for a veritable feast. They appeared to freeze the leaders in a moment where their blind hatred for one another had hit its peak leaving them with ugly expressions frozen on their faces for what would be an eternity of feasting for these creatures. For if they freeze you at the right moment then that cold hatred will never cease to feed them as the emotion is frozen in time with the victim’s body, enabling them to torment you forever.”

“Why is it called the story of Hearth’s Warming if it sounds like it’s going to end on a sour note Pinkie?” Seeing the pony smile, Toriel knew she hadn’t heard everything yet. “Come on Pinkie, please don’t stop there!”

“Well, since you asked nicely and I got my goat. The three advisers were trapped and slowly being encased in ice, yet there was a critical mistake made by the Windigos. It involved trying to encase the three who were forging a friendship while their leaders were fighting. If the Windgos can freeze hatred eternal then they can also have the opposite happen with positive emotions. When their magic interacted with the three who didn’t hate their leaders, each other or anyone at all, well… as the story goes the three advisers natural magic combined into what is called The Fire of Friendship! Their ability to look beyond outer appearances and befriend those that are different from themselves was so strong; it formed a powerful magical flaming heart in the air.” Pinkie threw out her hooves and didn’t see any confetti fly out of them, she really missed being able to do that. Instead she lifted up a perfectly good crayon drawing representing the scene. “The Windigos were vanquished by the burning light and heat of the eternal friendship formed between the three advisers, who only moments before were saying good bye to each other as they were in the middle of being frozen. The power of the magical heart that had formed from their friendship melted the ice on their leaders and that’s when things started turning around for the three tribes. Though all three tribes were different, they started working together to form a strong bond that would possibly last forever. The leaders didn’t immediately change things around and the change happened slowly, but with effort the future of the three very distinctly different tribes came together to be a whole lot stronger than they were before as one alone. That is the tale of Hearth’s Warming and that’s how I got my cutie mark!”

Pinkie received applause from the library which was now full of monsters, all the while smiling cheekily at the air for whatever reason and waggling her brows. It supposedly has nothing to do with the fact that she just told the story of how Equestria was made.

“So while our differences can rip us apart, they can also just as easily make us stronger if we work together for a greater understanding of one another. I like that story Pinkie, it sounds like a good lesson and it answers my question well enough. Though I now have a few more questions that come to mind.” Toriel looked at the detailed crayon heart that formed between the three ponies that Pinkie drew; it looked like what would happen if a monster pulled out three souls from humans only to have them miraculously combine together to save the humans from being attacked. Compassion, love and hope to create a heart that vanquished the creatures who fed upon hatred, misery and darkness. There was a loud grumbling noise and everyone turned to Pinkie who smiled with a cheeky grin. “Is it lunch time already? We can discuss some things that are now tickling my mind over some food, Pinkie will you go out on a date with me?”

Author's Note:

Who knows what Pinkie's answer will actually be.

Yes, you silly goose... oh wait you're a goat.

No... because we're still in the middle of one already.

Third option.