• Published 25th Nov 2015
  • 3,892 Views, 159 Comments

Underworld Frisk - Darkonshadows



Pinkie fell to these monsters, now she has to dance with her heart to save them and herself.

  • ...
15
 159
 3,892

Epilogue: Soul Mates

Toriel had a good cry and here she thought she was numb to it all, obviously not. She was going to miss the quirky, lovable, heart stealing equine. Sighing as she finally stood up from her sorrow, she decided to do something to get her mind off the pain and as Queen of the Underworld she needed to start organizing things. Goodness knows what would happen if she left it up to Asgore.

“Okay everyone, we need to get ourselves together. Mifty where were the Looxs, Astigmatisms and other monsters Pinkie’s befriended like a Pyrope or what was that one guys name Heats? Where were they when a lot of monsters were being absorbed by my poor dark twisted son Asriel?” Toriel could kind of guess why an Aaron didn’t show up; Pinkie never actually befriended one of them. She was curious as to what the other monsters were doing at the time as it was apparent that monsters that were close friends of Pinkie’s friends didn’t get swallowed by the wave of power unleashed throughout the Underworld.

The mangled Mifty spoke up, she didn’t have an ounce of waver in her voice and she was putting on brave face without wincing. How she was managed to keep a straight face with all the pain she had to be in was anyone’s guess, she was probably the toughest Froggit the Underworld had ever seen.

“Glad you asked, because I took initiative Queen Toriel! Let’s see I had some Pyropes and Astigmatisms making sure the core didn’t overload and explode without anyone watching it. I had several Loox looking into the farms, including the Blook family snail farm, making sure our food production wouldn’t get ruined.” At least Mifty had the foresight to make sure their supply of fresh food, water and power wasn’t destroyed, leaving them with huge inconveniencing problems. “Basically I had every other monster that wasn’t affected making sure our infrastructure didn’t immediately collapse; Gerson in particular is heading that task force. We’re not out of the woods yet, once the barrier falls we need to find resources around the mountain to make up for whatever losses that might have been incurred by this mess.”

“You are a godsend Mifty, you’ve proven yourself an invaluable and irreplaceable friend. Now rest and heal, I’ll have Gerson report to me on the possible problems with this hiccup in our infrastructure caused by a lot of monsters being indisposed.” Toriel gave a battered Mysteriously Informative Frog Thing a pleading look. “Is there anything I can do for you at all, if it’s within my power I will gladly grant it my friend. Well aside from the fact that you could use a lot of bandages and possibly medication.”

“Make me your biology teacher when you get a school up and running, I simply wish to work by your side milady.” You couldn’t buy loyalty like that from just any monster and especially not Mifty who would follow Toriel to hell and back, again given their location that wasn’t hard to imagine. “I will continue to be your friend and servant as you need me.”

“Hey, Pinkie left her stuff behind!” Looking to the entrance of the barrier room to the right of the late-to-the-party galleon that plowed a massive hole in the wall, Kid and a Woshua came forward. The Woshua was carrying Pinkie’s saddlebags towards them. “Also I wanted to help, why did you stick me with a babysitter? I could have done more to help like Frisk did!”

Ignoring Kid in turn for approaching the Woshua, Toriel immediately plucked and started clutching onto the bags and took a deep calming sniff of them. Under the goat ladies robes a tail started shifting back and forth. She was really missing Pinkie, who had incidentally left her saddlebags behind upon going home. At least she took her new shovel and Temmie Armor with her, Toriel was more than a little envious of the new shovel.

“Kid look at me and listen, you did help by not getting in the way and being hurt like I was. I was on the front lines of that fight and I’m going to need a lot of time to heal.” Mifty held up her right leg which looks relatively mauled like the rest of her body. “Also Frisk mostly stayed out of the fighting and she still almost got seriously hurt or killed. She’s a bright girl and you are a rash, random, runabout risk I couldn’t let get involved for your own safety. It was bad enough that Frisk insisted as did the Moldsmals that swore to protect her. Anyway it’s a little too late to complain now, so don’t worry about it.”

“Okay fine, I won’t complain. You know, that looks really painful… how are you still talking and moving around? Doesn’t any of that hurt?” Looking around Kid smiled as she saw Undyne giving Papyrus a slap on the back, it seemed the monsters were quickly getting over their sadness at not being able to say good-bye to Pinkie themselves. He turned back to Mifty who was looking at her swollen lower right eye on her belly.

“Yeah about that, after having studied so many monsters and their habits, including The Jerry’s habits which in fact still causes me no end of nightmares…” Mifty shuddered and she tried not to make eye contact with The Jerry, said monster was standing patiently next to the barrier waiting for it to fall so he could get a picture of it happening. “I did a study into my own biology and started learning something called biofeedback; I’m not going too deeply into the subject of biofeedback. Let’s just say it can allow you to do things such as turn off the ability to feel pain. The kind of pain I’m in takes quite some concentration to ignore, I’m actually far worse off than I actually sound or look. Why even letting my heart rate increase in a panic over that right now would probably kill me, so l am not going to try and fixate on that too much.”

“Whoa you’re as cool as Pinkie, Papyrus and Undyne!” The world Kid lived in had many heroes; he mentally added a few more to the list.

“Right you need immediate medical attention; I need a Vegetoid or any monster that can heal who is not dealing with the heavily injured over here immediately as my personal aide is running herself into ground and we’re already far down enough as it is thank you very much!” Rubbing at her forehead with a hand, Toriel was exasperated to hear that Mifty’s survival was not assured and that she was only now mentioning it. It was like Pinkie putting off that knife wound to the face and Mifty was the one to order the Vegetoid to look into the injuries of the other monsters first, so Toriel really shouldn’t really be surprised by this. “Now then Muffet can you get… oh great she’s asleep. How can someone so disturbing and creepy be that cute? Can anyone else get preparations for a party in order?”

“I’ll do it!” Nobody said anything against King Asgore planning the party celebrating the destruction of the barrier. It would keep him out of trouble, which was the reason why he volunteered as he didn’t want to ruin anything as Toriel looked like she had things well in hand.

Toriel already missed Pinkie’s smile.

-

Pinkie flopped to the floor on her face, it was somewhat bright and opening her eyes she looked around and stood up on three legs while shouldering Laughter’s Resolve with her front left leg. She looked to be in a cave of some kind and it looked rather familiar to her, like really tip of the tongue familiar.

“What does this place have to do with Gummy’s tongue or did you mean that Gummy turned into a giant tongue? It might take a while, but I would still love him even if he did turn into one.” Now was not a time for Pinkie to be silly and obtuse by talking to thin air, especially not when there are no ponies around to witness her being crazy or insane. “You know, you’re not exactly being really helpful right now.”

Said the mare who forgot her saddlebags, Toriel will surely love a keepsake of their adventure together.

“Oh darn, I knew I was forgetting something… well at least Rarity won’t find out about all the cloth I used up. At least Toriel has something to remember me by.” If only Pinkie knew Toriel cried her heart out minutes after Pinkie disappeared. “Did you really have to tell me that? Hearing things like that will really start bumming me out.”

Yes, just keep talking to the air as if it could respond to your queries you insane pony who should know where she is. Given Asriel, Chara and Flowey specifically stated that they were sending you HOME in capital letters if you didn’t understand the literalness of it all.

“….” Pinkie looked about at what were obviously some mining caverns. The crystalline structures, particular formations of the walls and wooden braces making sure the ceiling didn’t collapse were all quite recognizable if she would just ‘think about it’. “Oh… so that’s where I am. I’m in my thinking place back home on the rock farm, thanks Airy!”

If the air could say anything it would probably tell Pinkie, don’t mention it.

“Okay then, I won’t. It’s not like anyone other than Toriel and Sans would believe me anyway.” Just knowing that she always had a friend around was alright in Pinkie’s book. The pony just smiled at the air fondly in a strange manner.

“Hey, who’s in these mines? Whoever it is making noise in there better have a good reason for being down here as I’ve got a pickaxe and I’m not afraid to…” Limestone trotted into view and Pinkie watched her sister with aggressive tendencies freeze to just stare at her. Her grey pickaxe wielding sister blinked several times as if she were looking at something incomprehensible. Slowly she made her way up to Pinkie and wrapped her hooves around his sister and gave her a big loving hug and nuzzle while shedding a few tears. Then she wiped those tears away and pushed Pinkie back to glare her in the eyes. “Tell no one of this.”

“Our lips are sealed.” Returning the hug Pinkie gave a wink at the air, however thoughts of Toriel brought her happiness at being in Equestria down a bit. It was rather quite obvious that her angry sister missed her constant letters.

“Come on Pinkie, you’ve got some names on your Choosing Stone and we’ve been worried about you.” Limestone was about to turn around when her eyes fell on the shovel that Pinkie was holding. “Is that a shovel, Pinkie are you serious, don’t you remember what you do to shovels?”

“You know I never am Limey, so why did you even need to ask?” Proudly presenting the shovel was a happy Pinkie Pie, it hadn’t even got a single scratch nor were there any signs of fracturing, whatever it was made of it was one of the reasons she got up from having her soul shattered. “Besides this was a gift, one I think was made with me and propensity for breaking shovels in mind.”

“How many times must I tell you that I’m not one of those funny speaking ponies with the accents from the east that like scones and tea?” Eyeing the walls around them with a huff, Limestone looked around for something for Pinkie to strike. “Also a shovel you can’t break is something I have to see to even begin believing in. Oh there’s something I could use as a new tip for my pickaxe, it’s pretty worn down right so do you think you could break some of that diamond off over there?”

“Well I did want to test my baby out on the farm, Shovel Shatter!” Pinkie took aim for a large diamond and slammed the flat of her shovel against it as hard as she could swing it, the diamond fell to the floor and the shovel didn’t look dented or even damage for the effort and strength Pinkie put into the blow. “Wow, this thing was built to last if it can bust diamonds!”

“Holy… one of your fudge sundaes with sprinkles and sparklers…” To say she hadn’t expected the shovel to come out of that unscathed or even bust the diamond like it had so easily was an understatement of how little she thought of the rather goofy and colorful looking shovel, it was clearly perfect for Pinkie. Now Limestone was looking at the miracle shovel in Pinkie’s hooves before she started gathering up some good pieces of diamond that she could use. “Come on home sis, you looked like someone kicked a puppy in front of you a few times there. You can tell the family where you’ve been all this time and about those names on your stone, you must have met somebody incredible if they can keep up with you.”

“Yeah, but I don’t think I’ll ever see her again.” Pinkie drooped and Limestone gave her a worried look and threw a leg over her back as they walked out of the mine together, it was a little odd to Pinkie that Limestone would comfort her twice in such a short amount of time.

Pinkie already missed Toriel’s smile.

-

(Katamari Damacy - Lonely Rolling Star plays.)

Pinkie walked up the hill into the daylight with her sister and she gave a wan smile at seeing her family all gathering around her to give her a big snuggle, they weren’t the touchy feely kind of family either and this felt nice. They led her into the house taking in her slightly obvious depression with worry.

-

Toriel cuddled with a few little monsters and sighed audibly as she waited by the barrier with several other monsters, it was becoming weaker by the second. All these monsters were like family to her and needed more touchy feely sentiments. She was going to sit next to this barrier until it failed… wait she had forgotten to check on the six human children! She got up and ran from the room confusing a few monsters.

-

Pinkie was fed a good meal, she walked out of the house and found a good spot on the farm to watch the sun set, her sisters and parents came along with her to sit and witness one of Celestia’s splendors. It was beautiful, but she wanted to sit with a special goat and make her laugh while seeing something so great.

-

Toriel sat at the edge of the mountain watching as the sun set over the horizon, they were free and yet she still clutched at Pinkie’s saddlebags holding them to her chest. She would have wanted Pinkie to watch this with her. Several human children came up to her and huddled around her, her frown lifted slightly when Frisk came and sat down in her lap while calling her mom.

-

Pinkie sat on the roof of the house and watched the stars, a star streaked across the sky and Pinkie smiled faintly before making a wish.

-

Toriel sat at the edge of the mountain alone looking up at the heavens and saw a shooting star fly across the sky, she closed her eyes and thought of the future.

-

It was the next day and Pinkie was facing off against her sisters with her shovel, Limestone had a pickaxe, Marble looked slightly shy while wielding a large sledgehammer and Maud widened her stance slightly. Trixie stood off to the side looking a little confused at what was going on.

Then the four shot forward at each other and started rough housing and doing things that Trixie would have thought impossible, such as Maud stopping the pickaxe’s blade with her bare hoof without getting injured. Pinkie was by far the most impressive when she started putting the shovel she wielded through its paces. She was no longer stuck wielding gardening tools such as trowels, she was using a real rock farming tool now!

Though Maud was an expert in rocks and metals, even then she couldn’t figure out what the indestructible shovel was made of and it wouldn’t bend or break. She knew whoever made it was giving their all for her sister and it let her know that her sister had been cared for, now if she could only find out a way to get her sister’s Goat Friend here. She wouldn’t have been happy if she could never see Trixie again.

-

Muffet rappelled down the side of the mountain with a bit of webbing and a hard hat, she started to look around for something with binoculars and with a smile she started yelling up at Alphys and Undyne who nodded and ran off.

It was a few hours later that found Official Royal Guard Papyrus was kneeling before Toriel in area full of blueberry bushes. He gained an ecstatic look at something Toriel said and his boney cheeks glowed bright red as he started dancing around in a silly manner before bowing before Queen Toriel again. They heard a noise and looked up.

Tsunderplane and Glyde hovered above them and the plane created a smoke trail through the air that formed into an arrow pointing to a copse of fruit trees filled with pears and then they flew off towards the mountain, a lot of flying monsters would be sent out to gathering soon. Their supply problem caused by the battle of the barrier could be alleviated slightly, but they still had a lot of work ahead of them.

-

It had been two weeks and it was finally time for Pinkie to take a late night train home, she sat at the window staring at the night sky as the landscape passed her by. She was happy to be seeing her friends again, but she was having problems come to terms with being separated from at least three people who could have been perfect for her. She was a little surprised that Muffet was one of those people, but she accepted it readily as Choosing Stones didn’t make mistakes.

-

Alphys had to be making a mistake, Toriel’s cheeks swelled up and she threw up into the bucket again. She was more surprised than anyone to hear that she was pregnant and the morning sickness was a result of that pregnancy. She hadn’t touched a male since she divorced herself from Asgore.

A thought occurred to Toriel as she was told that the scanner wasn’t lying, the cupcake Pinkie gave her before she left came to mind. Toriel narrowed her eyes in anger and then they softened as she rubbed her belly, a small smile came to her face and then Alphys hit Toriel’s knee with a tiny hammer sending her foot straight into Asgore’s crotch. She burst out laughing until she was bleating as did Asgore even if he was in pain at that moment; it was like old times when she got a full physical from Wing-Ding the last time she was pregnant.

-

Pinkie walked through the quiet streets of Ponyville and looked down the street at her home away from two other homes, Sugar Cube Corner. She walked up to the door and didn’t know whether or not she should disturb the cakes, she raised her hoof and started knocking loudly on the door.

It opened and Pinkie was suddenly pulled into Sugar Cube Corner and squashed between the owners of the bakery lovingly. Pinkie their surrogate daughter had finally come home, they really needed her help and they had missed her zany antics.

-

Toriel sat on the bed alone having problems sleeping and she had to keep the nation together and running, not to mention taking care of several human children on top of her duties. She and Mifty were swamped with work. The door to the room opened and in walked Muffet in a cute maid outfit holding something behind her back with her four lower arms.

Bringing out all four of her arms Muffet thrust a large pink four legged fluffy toy into Toriel’s chest making her take hold of it. A broad smile came to Toriel’s face and she looked up at five blinking eyes that had a devilish smile beneath them.

Muffet turned around and walked out of the room and said something back to Toriel who nodded in response as she pulled toy close and laid back, soon she was sleeping comfortably.

-

Pinkie made her way up to her room, she’d pick Gummy up from Fluttershy’s tomorrow and she’d let them all throw her a welcome back party. Right now all she wanted to do was sleep.

She pulled something from the saddlebags that belonged to her sister marble; it was a small statue that she set on the dresser next to her bed. The statue was an expertly crafted one of a kind work of art; Marble did really good work with catching Toriel’s essence even though she had never seen Pinkie’s Goat Friend before.

After that Pinkie started pulling several more statues out, one was a ghost with headphones and another was an eight limbed menace and there were quite a few others. Marble just wouldn’t stop making them until she got every single one of Pinkie’s friends down just right. She stared at Toriel’s form smiling at her as she pulled her covers up and slowly drifted off to sleep.

===











===

A lot of things can happen in a year and Pinkie was currently helping her friends bring down Tirek, she had never felt this much power flowing through her since she left the Underworld. Her heart yearned and she had to promise her friends she wouldn’t pine away for Toriel to make them leave her alone about it.

They even tried to set her up with Cheese Sandwich and he was a really nice guy after their little party issue with each other after their first meeting, but she couldn’t put her heart into it with the stallion. At least Rainbow’s party was an enormously spectacular party cooperatively thrown by two party ponies of laughter.

She didn’t need an epiphany to get her key like the other girls did; she had always known that sharing laughter was a great thing to do. Hearing Cheese Sandwich’s story about her youthful escapades brought back some great memories of parties in the past and what they could lead too. Her mind came up to one party spent not running around trying to meet the needs of everybody else and it wasn’t her failed belatedly late birthday party either, it was the one where Toriel had her sit down and just enjoy things.

They had just sealed Tirek into Tartarus and even that reminded her of the Underworld and all the friends she made there, it seemed like a lot of things were reminding her of Toriel lately. She wasn’t pining away, but she couldn’t let it go. It was as if something deep down in her soul wouldn’t let her stop wanting a beautiful bipedal goats silly laughter, kisses or her tasty baked goods.

“Pinkie…” The pony looked up at her friends and they were all still glowing with the power of friendship, their hair was longer and their cutie marks seemed to spread all over their bodies, plus everything was sparkly and rainbows were everywhere. Twilight was addressing the pink pony, they could all feel each other’s souls right now and they could likely feel what was going on in hers.

“I’m not pining away am I? Besides, I gave Cheese Sandwich a chance, you all saw to that! I just don’t like him that way, I think we’re way too much alike and that I need someone calmer, smarter and with a good head on her shoulders… white fur, cute little horns and those adorable floppy ears.” Pinkie floated there glowing with the power of friendship with a bit of drool flowing out the side of her mouth as her mind went to other places.

“That’s not what I wanted to talk about, there’s just something off about you. It’s not a bad thing, it’s just strange. It’s like theirs something inside of you that’s a part of you, but not. I can’t exactly describe it.” Twilight felt something off about Pinkie’s aura, there was something of a fluctuation going on and it was getting stronger. Before they could do anything a rip opened in the air and what could only be described as an angry looking flaming goat demon with wings made of fire appeared.

Twilight and her friends prepared themselves for what looked like a new threat, while Pinkie was still off in her own little world not paying attention. In a blaze of power the demonic looking being disappeared and reappeared in front of Pinkie. The girls tried to get to Pinkie only for it to be too late as a loud smacking sound was heard.

“That’s for getting me pregnant and leaving without telling me about it!” Toriel screamed in Pinkie’s face which was suddenly bright eyed and grinning despite the large red mark slightly singed into her fur. “And this… this is for being so happy to see me!”

The flames died down and confusion ran among Pinkie’s five closest friends in Ponyville as Pinkie was lifted up and pulled into a searing kiss to the mouth. Large white fluffy wings wrapped around her body caressing her calmly.

“Am I hallucinating? Tori you’re here! Wait… how are you here?” That’s what everyone else was wondering, they still had to return the magic to all the ponies of Equestria, but they could wait because they had never seen Pinkie look so happy to be slapped by a flaming hand.

“Pinkie, you still have a piece of my soul lodged in you. Just like I have a piece of yours lodged in mine.” Toriel sat down Pinkie and crossed her arms to give the pony a stern look. “I’ll allow you to see your daughter Caring Heart when we can finally create a safe method to transport between our realms. We haven’t worked out the kinks to do that yet, the current method still sets me on fire. You’d be surprised by how much effort Sans, Muffet and Red are putting into this.”

“Does this mean we’re soul mates?” Then Pinkie’s mind caught up with what Toriel was saying. “Wait what was that about me having a daughter!?”

“Oh we’re definitely soul mates.” Toriel started to tap her foot impatiently, she looked at Pinkie’s five friends that were staring at her blankly and she tilted her head gesturing for them to go on. They did so quietly while Pinkie’s entire attention was completely fixated on her. “I gave birth to a healthy baby goat boy and a female earth pony. You have no idea how hard it was for me to pass Chara through my body, but she’s definitely you’re daughter! You wouldn’t happen to know the reason as to why I gave birth to a heart attack inducing adorable little foal would you?”

“I’m guessing a bit of my magic might have filled in the blanks in Chara’s tattered soul?” Pinkie rubbed at the back of her glowing rainbow empowered head. “Caring Heart sounds like a really nice name for her, I guess the change in gender is my fault too. Ah well, it fits pony naming conventions really well and at least Chara has a new lease on life.”

“Yep things are going okay back home, I’ve got plenty of free time with Muffet watching the kids and I’m going to spend it with you Pinkie. I would have been here sooner, but someone just had to slip me a magical pregnancy cupcake!” Picking up the pony and walking towards Ponyville. “Now come on and show me your world my little sweet. I want you to introduce me to everyone, your rulers, your family and all of your friends! I believe I just saw five of them flying across the sky spreading rainbows everywhere, what’s that all about?”

“I’ve got questions of my own, where did the big fluffy wings come from and did you finally get that school you’ve always wanted?” At Pinkie’s questions Toriel smiled broadly and they started talking to each other. They wouldn’t be separated by anything for the rest of that day.

-

In a different place entirely a zombie slowly marched towards the lawn wielding a red flag with a brain on it and as soon as it foot stepped foot onto the grass a flower popped up and yelled at it.

“Hey, you get off this human’s lawn this instant, you hear! Oh great now you got me talking like auntie Onion-san, my Bloom and Doom friends will kick your ass if you don’t turn around right now buster!” The zombie stared at Flowey with a vacant expression and then slowly took another step. “Okay that’s it, Pea Shooters!”

Multiple pea pods rose from the ground and various clicking noises was heard coming from them as they all aimed at the zombie, the several tubes extending from each plants mouth started to slowly rotate.

“I warned you, fire!” At Flowey’s words hundreds of little green spheres pelted the zombie. “I love my new job.”

Thend or The End.

Author's Note:

Well that's it for this story, I'm thinking of moving onto writing a science fiction thriller starring Rarity, Ember and Gilda. That or I'll start a sequel to Twilght's Mane Passion, who knows.

Thanks for sticking around if your still reading the story, though I had to fix a few previous chapters of this story to make it all better. I'm sure there are plenty of thing I need to fix still, but overall I'm done.

Comments ( 9 )

7375478

You did. But I didn't include everyone, There were a few monsters not present for very good reasons.

7375848

The Epilogue answers that.

That was great. Now, I gotta know, will there ever be a sequel?

7381528
So they were reborn... :twilightsmile: I love it when they get a second chance in life!

oh yes, plants vs zombies

This was a very good story. The fight with Asriel was my favorite part. A sequel would be awesome, but leaving it at this if fine to. This is definitely going into my favorites. Stay awesome my friend. :pinkiehappy:

We need a sequel for this

You write the best Pinkie Pie I've ever seen. You should write her more.

I loved the Beginning, you started to lose me around Undynes Fight.
Got me back for Sans/Gaster... Then killed it for me at the end with the Pregnancy cupcakes......
I Have so many mixed feelings about what i just read.

Well....I'm not a critic or a judge on stories but if I was? I'd have to commend you on how good this story has turned out, you mix in a bit of randomness, crazy, adventure and a hint of sadness near the end and it all mixes into a word story I would LOVE (not level of violence) to Read again. Though I do wish there was a bit more, (possibly with the monsters living in harmony with ponies and humans across the universes?) I am glad with how you ended it. A good story is about having fun while writing it, remember this and stay DETERMINED.

Login or register to comment