• Published 25th Nov 2015
  • 3,891 Views, 159 Comments

Underworld Frisk - Darkonshadows



Pinkie fell to these monsters, now she has to dance with her heart to save them and herself.

  • ...
15
 159
 3,891

5 - Snow Going

“Wouldn’t you know it; they just couldn’t ‘stick’ to the plan. So… all I could say in the end to how we were going to get out of that one was, ‘lettuce just leaf’ and we did.” Pinkie got an uproarious laughter out of Toriel and Sans as they trudged along towards an empty checkpoint station.

“Whoever missed hearing that story is never going to understand why that was so hilarious, let’s just ‘branch’ out and continue on.” Sans looks at the air and smiled creepily. Well he was a skeleton so how else was he supposed to smile, he does have a fleshless human skull for a head. “Oh, tell the one about the oatmeal again!”

“Okay, I tell this story all the time and usually twice. So it goes like this….” Pinkie started off only for Sans to hold up his skeletal hands while shushing Pinkie.

“Sorry, but I think I hear my brothers theme music coming, quick you two have to hide!” Sans saw the curious stares on Pinkie and Toriel’s faces.

“Why do we need to hide from your brother?” Pinkie actually wanted to meet Sans brother if he was as funny as Sans was; now there was a skeleton that could tickle her funny bone.

“I find myself curious as well, what’s so wrong with us meeting your brother? I’m likely stronger than him, that is if my meek disposition toward hurting others doesn’t get in the way of me throwing attacks that are completely impossible to dodge.” At least Toriel was able to acknowledge that she had faults, of course what she wasn’t saying was that she was far worse when she went from meek to downright angry as a bull in a china shop. Toriel wasn’t the queen and one of the strongest monsters in the underworld for nothing. “Aside from that I’m queen of the underworld; I really don’t see much reason to hide from him if he’s as friendly as you are.”

“Okay let’s get serious here for a moment. There are rumors running wild everywhere of a new being that has a soul that might be stronger than a humans as being in the underworld and that it happens to be connected to a bright pink, four legged creature that looks really adorable. Plus it’s something no one in the Underworld has seen before, so it’s quite obvious who we’re talking about.” Sans said holding out a hand to Pinkie.

“Oh you mean that dog running this way?” Pinkie pointed forward with a hoof and they saw a screaming pink, four legged dog run by on its hind legs being chased by a big green floating scary mask. Sans held his head while chuckling dryly. Looking to the air Pinkie smiled a bit. “Thank you for the gag!”

“Actually intelligent dogs are quite a common sight around here and they come in all colors, they are generally white and highly annoying though. All the monsters in the Underworld know it’s a new pink creature and that Pinkie is that creature. They all want to break the seal on the underworld or at least just capture her to eventually end up with her dead when they destroy her soul trying to break the seal with it.” Sighing, Sans quirked one of his eyes sockets to Toriel and decided to address her as well. “My brother is good guy and he’s really cool and awesome. Even if he is one of those who wants to capture Pinkie. The reason why I want you to hide Toriel is because my brother gets incredibly awkward around celebrities and you fit the bill by being the queen. So could you please hide over there behind that conveniently placed cutout of you? Pinkie you can hide with that lamp.”

Toriel turned to look back at the outpost where she saw a lamp and a cutout of herself that weren’t there a minute ago. She shrugged it off as she was used to oddities like this and obviously Pinkie wasn’t going to question it as she was already looking at the lamp and rubbing it with a hoof for some reason. Looking at the cutout it was a life sized cardboard cutout of her glaring with her arms crossed with the words ‘Be good. Won’t you?’ printed across her belly in big highly visible letters. The lamp looked like a generic lamp and had no magic genie in it for Pinkie who looked a little sad that it didn’t, Toriel quickly went to stand behind the cutout and noticed that it had hidden eye-holes and looked through them.

Next to Toriel, Pinkie moved the lamp aside after taking the lampshade off to place on her head. She started sitting completely still after that point and then Sans brother rushed onto the scene, he definitely was the most awesome skeleton she had ever seen, even if he was only just the second one she’s seen and he looked kind of dashing wearing his strange getup. The tall skeleton was wearing red gloves and boots. He somehow had some blue armored underwear levitating around his very thin pelvic region to make sure this didn’t get forced into an M rating. He was also wearing some bulky looking white armor and a dandy looking red cape around his upper torso.

There was sure to be questions about where Sans could have possible gotten the cardboard cutout of Toriel later, since Pinkie Pie actually wanted one for her room back at Sugar Cube Corner. The lamp wasn’t considered anything out of the ordinary despite it being an electrically powered object out in the middle of nowhere where there were no outlets. Being a pony that hasn’t seen high level technology, it was understandable that Pinkie didn’t have a reason to question it.

“Sup, bro?” Sans said immediately upon being seen by his brother.

“You know what’s up brother!” The tall skeleton said to the wide and chunky looking one. “It’s been a week and a few days and you still haven’t recalibrated your puzzles! You just hang around outside your station! What are you even doing?!?”

“Staring at this lamp, it’s really cool. Do you want to look?” Sans was wondering if his brother actually would take him up on it.

“Sure! There have been no sightings of humans in the Underworld and I’ve got some time to look at a lamp. I don’t have to be ready for a human since there are none coming, we’d usually get a report from the ruins if there is one to look out for.” The tall skeleton looked to have boggled Sans’s mind when he said that, then the skeleton walked up to the lamp that was obviously a pink pony with a lampshade on her head. “Hmm… so I just pull this chain to see it light up?”

“Uh yeah, that’s how lamps usually work Papyrus.” Sans looked a bit worried.

The named Papyrus reached out and grabbed the pull chain and gave it a tug.

“Click!” Pinkie said out loud and was seen visibly coming from her mouth that was poking out from under the lampshade. Two light bulbs lit up under the bright blue lampshade revealing the rest of a pony shaped head with the light bulbs sticking out of both of her ears.

“Oh now that’s neat, you have a lamp that says the word ‘click’ when you pull the cord! No, wait… your distracting me Sans! What if that creature with the human soul comes through here! I want to be ready!!!” Papyrus started stomping the ground in a childish manner. “I will be the one, I must be the one! I will capture that soul with the power that matches that of a human’s soul! Then, I, the great Papyrus will get all the things I utterly deserve! Respect, recognition and a hot tub since it can get really nippy out here and could use one to warm my bones! I will finally even be able to join the royal guard! Then finally people from all over will ask to be my friend. Why I will even bathe in a shower of kisses every day made up of their adoration for my greatness in the morning!”

“Hey, maybe this lamp will help you?” Sans was just staring at the lit silhouette of Pinkie’s head under the lampshade and still wondering how she managed to light up like that.

“Sans, you are not helping! You lazybones, all you do is sit around and boondoggle!” Papyrus screamed angrily in the childlike manner he was becoming known for by Pinkie and Toriel as he started stomping the ground with his boot again. “You get lazier and lazier every day!”

“Hey, take it easy bro. I’ve gotten a ton of work done today. You might even say a skele-TON!” Sans could hear both Toriel and Pinkie giggling from their hiding spots and Papyrus wasn’t picking up on it.

“Sans!!!” Papyrus was smiling despite himself and the angry sounding voice.

“Come on, you’re smiling.” Sans said with great big skeletal grin of his own.

“I am and I hate it!” Papyrus sighed and then turned to look at the cardboard cutout of Toriel. Papyrus was choosing today to be a bit more observant than usual. “Why does someone such as me have to do so much work to get some recognition? Hey who is that? She looks popular and motherly.”

“Wow it sounds like you’re really working yourself… down to the bone.” Again Sans could hear the snorts and snickering of his two friends and currently captive audience. “Anyway that’s a cardboard cutout of Queen Toriel.”

“Wait, the Underworld has a queen? Oh my goodness, do I have to throw myself out a window!” Papyrus held his hands up to his face and his eyes sockets started glittering with sparkles.

“No Papyrus, it’s just a cardboard cutout of the queen. She hasn’t actually been seen around here in a while. I recently heard she’s been doing okay.” Sans was used to hearing him ask if he had to jump out a window.

“Ugh fine, I will be attending my puzzles. As for your work, put a little more ‘Backbone’ into it.” Papyrus cackled and ran off. After a moment he came back and gave off one last laugh before running away.

After a moment Pinkie pulled the cord with her right hoof turning her head off and tossed away the lampshade to reveal that she didn’t have light bulbs in her ears at all. She fell into Toriel’s cuddling arms and they started laughing like no tomorrow.

“Yeah, can we get to my theme music now?” Sans was looking to the air and addressing it like a crazy skeleton, like we didn’t have enough problems with a crazy pony talking to thin air already.

“Oh my goodness, your brother is so cool!” Pinkie just liked his demeanor, although it was quite sad to hear that it sounded like he didn’t have many friends.

“I know, right? Hey… hold on a minute.” Sans looked up to the air frowning slightly. “That’s not my theme music and you know it!”

“What? I think it’s kind of cool.” Pinkie said as bounced her head to the music.

“Well, how does your theme music actually sound?” Theme music was a common thing in the Underworld for Toriel to hear, hers sounded generally friendly if a little weird. Maybe if she got out of her depression it’d sound more like Pinkie’s theme music which was really quite upbeat when she was laughing.

“If they would put on the correct music and let us hear it, then we can move on. Somebody’s looking to have a bad time, plus getting dunked might be in your future.” There was an eerie blue glow in Sans left eye socket.

“Okay, that hardly sounds any different except for the slightly different beat and is it just me or is it a bit jazzier sounding?” Pinkie just spent the next few seconds appreciating the music while it would last.

“Well now that you’re hearing it you might want to get a move on or else my brother will come back and you’ll have to listen to more of my jokes.” When Sans noticed that neither Toriel nor Pinkie were moving, he smiled brightly at that. “Ah I know you guys like me, but come on! You were going somewhere weren’t you? I know you’ll meet my brother on the path anyway, but don’t worry he’s kind of harmless… except to windows and when he’s cooking. Anyway I’ll be there to keep him calm when you do run into him again.”

“He’s right we can’t stand around here forever listening to his theme music and jokes, no matter how fun it is. We have to get a move on if we’re going to make it to Snowdin Pinkie. It was nice meeting you Sans!” Toriel waved at the skeleton that waved back as they continued on their way, Pinkie also waved back before taking up position behind Toriel to stare at her butt.

It took a few moments of walking, but Pinkie started blushing about being caught staring by Toriel who was looking back at her with a smile and a blush on her own cheeks.

“Good luck with the other monsters you two run into, see you soon!” Sans waved them off, after a moment he put on some sunglasses. “Why the future is looking so bright, I’ve got to wear shades.”

“Sans, where are the sunglasses for my biceps!” Papyrus could be heard shouting in the distance.

-

“Well considering we heard him ahead of us, Papyrus is not too far off from here.” Pinkie trudged through the snow slowly, until she felt a familiar wrenching feeling as her soul burst from her body as something erupted from the snow.

Pinkie quickly pulled out the Mifty’s informative book and held it out to Toriel who took it and looked it over trying to find a picture of the monster that just popped up in front of them. It was a strange duck like creature with what looked like a strange snowflake on its face.

“Ice puns are “snow” problem for me!” With that said by the duck monster, he started firing an array of spiraling crescent bullets at Pinkie’s floating pink heart they were coming from all directions. The bullets looked to be made out of broken snowflake bits.

Pinkie started to dance, duck and roll her heart out of the way of the crescents flying a straight path at her heart. The path the bullets were flying was predictable as they didn’t change directions mid flight and went in a straight line.

“It says here that’s a Snow Drake, an ice duck monster, likes to make ice and snow related jokes. Somehow this book knows he’s a teenager and he’s trying to become a comedian to prove his father wrong and that he can make it as a comedian. What do you think Pinkie?” Toriel looked up from the book and saw a look of determination on the ponies face as she marched up to the duck past her own floating soul.

“If you will stop attacking me, I’ll teach you some good jokes and I’ll start by using some puns. ‘Icy’ you need some work and you could actually achieve what you’re going for, attacking me won’t get you a good job as a comedian you know. You need a friendlier disposition for one, plus you’ll be getting the ‘cold’ shoulder from my friend Toriel if you try to take my soul. I don’t need you ‘freezing’ in front of an audience either so let me teach you how to be ‘cool’ like me. So what do you say?” Pinkie held out a hoof to the toothy duck monster and it looked at it for a moment and then started laughing.

“Oh my goodness, you used so many ice puns! Yes, I’ll take you up on your offer! Look ‘frosty’ though, ‘snow’ monster around here who wouldn’t try to attack you. I’ve heard about you and wanted to try some material out on you while I had a captive audience. You know, before I took you’re soul and everything, but you sound too nice to continue attacking anymore.” The ice duck released its hold on Pinkie’s soul causing it to snap back into her body. “So what kind of jokes do you have?”

“Here’s my first joke you should learn, what’s an ig?” Pinkie said with a bright smile.

“I don’t know, what is an ig?” The mallard looked a little perplexed.

“It’s a snow house without a loo!” Pinkie got both the Snow Drake and Toriel chuckling and it emboldened to teach the mallard a few more. “What do you call a cat on ice?”

“I think I’ve heard this one before, but I’m not sure. What do you call a cat on ice?” Toriel tilted her head at the now mellow mallard.

“You call it ‘one cool cat’!” Pinkie remembered how Rarity’s cat Opalescence liked ice skating with her, she listened to the accolades of a good laugh from a new friend and the lady she happened to be dating. “Why did a bride refuse to get married in an igloo?”

“I don’t know, why?” The cold duck was actually quite interested in hearing the joke.

“It was because she got cold feet.” Pinkie’s simple delivery caused more laughter among all three of them. “My names Pinkie Pie the pony and I like making others laugh. This is Toriel, she’s a nice lady who’s also queen of the monsters that I happen to be currently traveling with and dating. We were on our way to a place called Snowdin…. Did I say it right? It sounds a lot like saying ‘snowed in’. Anyway I think you can make it if you really try hard Snow Drake. Just remember to get your audience engaged in your jokes, don’t be afraid to try something new and if it doesn’t work then try to think of something off the top of your head to make the jokes a little sillier or funnier. You’re a smart kid, I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Of course it never hurts to ask for help for inspiration from others or to get others involved in what you’re trying to do. Who knows, you might be the best cold open comedian ever! You just need to practice your routine.”

“Well you can’t miss Snowdin, it’s a ‘snowballs throw’ away from here and a bit of a walk. It’s that way, past fishing river and the sign that tells you about the strange universal boxes that appear all over the place in the Underworld.” The Snow Drake was pointing with a wing and seemed a bit brighter having met Pinkie; he also waved at them as they trudged off. “Thanks for believing in my dream and helping me out, I’ll be glad to call you my friend and I’ll take your advice about asking for help!”

-

Pinkie and Toriel continued on past the box after reading a very odd sign left behind by someone named Snake the Box Lover, down the trail they walked until they stopped when they saw the skeleton brothers again.

“So, as I was saying about Undyne.” Papyrus started off only to stop and look to his left; he looked to sans who looked to his right to see Pinkie and Toriel standing there.

Soon they were interchanging looking at each other then at the two just standing there, until they both started spinning around in place. It was so silly that the two observers started to giggle wildly. Both the skeleton brothers eventually stopped and they were both facing Pinkie and Toriel who had yet to move.

“Sans!! Oh my god!! Is that… a human!?!?!??!?!” Papyrus the ‘tall drink of water’ skeleton pointed in their general direction.

“Uh… actually I think that’s a rock Papyrus.” Sans, needed to help his brother along somehow as it would take him forever to actually notice Pinkie and Toriel. In fact he didn’t even know why he was so worried about them needing to hide earlier. “Hey, what’s that in front of the rock?”

Pinkie and Toriel had since stopped paying attention to the two brothers and were looking at the rock. The pony talked about what kind of rock it was since she came from a long line of rock farmers, she grabbed a sample that she would hopefully be able to give to her oldest sister later.

“Oh… my… god… is that… a leaf!” Papyrus ran up to the leaf and picked it up looking overly joyous about it with sparkling eye sockets. “This is going in my leaf collection! Of course it’s my first one of the collection so I’ll have to give it a name worthy of it being a leaf… I’ll call it Leafy! It will be the number one best leaf in the world and of my collection that will consist of this single leaf shaped like my most incredible skull!”

Sans just sighed and smacked his face while shaking his head as his brother had missed the obvious and what was thoroughly plain sight. In fact, Papyrus was derailing this story so spectacularly on his own without really trying to that he should be applauded for managing to do that. So if Sans will ‘get Papyrus to notice Pinkie and Toriel’, then things will continue on as they were supposed to.

“Yeah, like that’ll be easy. Sure my brother is awesome and everything, but he’s got a horribly dense skull. He wouldn’t notice them even if I said, ‘hey look Papyrus there’s the creature with the soul like a human right there’.” Sans said it so dully that Papyrus looked up from safely stashing away the orange skull shaped leaf into his armor. He looked at Pinkie and Toriel still going over the merits of rock farming and the kind of resources you could get from it blankly.

“Oh hey, there are some strangers here Sans! Wait a minute; I have a bone to pick with one of them! That must be the four legged pink creatures with the soul like that of a humans… it certainly wasn’t the pink dog like I thought it was. Whatever happened to that dog anyway? No matter! You, the pink one! You shall not pass this area! As I, The Great and Powerful Papyrus, will be the one to capture you!” Once again the Mighty Super Awesome Skeleton De’ Papyrus had managed to prove Sans entirely wrong with his mighty skills of perception as he struck an epic pose. Pinkie looked up from the highly interesting rock in snow, never to be mentioned again in this story ever, to notice Papyrus addressing her. “You will be delivered to the capital and then, then… I’m not sure what’s next… I haven’t exactly read my script… give me a minute.”

-

“Someone somewhere just stepped on Trixie’s title, The Great and Powerful Trixie swears revenge!” Trixie the blue stage magician pony shouted angrily at the heavens while waving a curled up hoof at the sky knowing that someone had used her title. She had a trademark on it darn it all!

-

Papyrus walked off leaving everyone feeling a bit weird about all of it. Even Pinkie was a bit speechless in the ridiculousness of the situation; they looked amongst themselves as they waited for a minute. This was a bit awkward, even the air had no idea whether or not Papyrus was aware of its existence; skeletons didn’t need to breathe after all so he couldn’t have possible been aware of it. Papyrus suddenly came running back into the scene from stage right.

“In any case, continuing from where I left off… continue on if you dare!!!” With that Papyrus ran off again cackling.

“He didn’t even let us introduce who we are.” Pinkie said with a slightly disgruntled snort after a moment. “That wasn’t very nice of him.”

“Yeah, sorry about that, he’s being a bit of a rude ham bone. Don’t sweat it; I’ll keep an eye socket out for you if he tries to go too far.” With that Sans walked off after his strange and wonderful brother.

“Well he was interesting at least; you can’t say he’s not friendly. He didn’t try to attack you outright like other monsters would have.” Toriel just shook her head at the headache that was Papyrus. “Let us keep moving forward then, I believe this will be an enlightening experience. If not then we should at least sell tickets to a comedy show starring those two.”

“I’d actually like to see them get their act together.” Pinkie was smiling once again as they both began giggling about her choice of word. She thought of how silly Papyrus was and he was kind of cute, maybe she could get a date with him?

Walking forward they didn’t get far and couldn’t even walk past the next empty booth before another monster popped up. Toriel was already flipping pages in the monster compendium to find out what it was as Pinkie had her soul ripped out of her body once more.

It was a strange creature with a small body and a large head with two eyes like a chameleons sticking out from its head. On top of that head was some really large spikes of ice.

“It says here that it is Ice Cap, this teen is wondering why it is not called Ice Hat. It’s so focused on its hat it’s lost all sense of anything other than focusing on it and making others do the same. Kind of sounds like horrible situation to me, to put all your focus on a single object like that.” Toriel seemed kind of worried about Ice Cap being so focused on its head wear. She watched Pinkie dance around the icicle cannons the tiny ice monster generated to fire up at her soul.

“Pay attention to my really cool hat and stop looking to the goat lady!” Ice Cap noticed that Pinkie was paying more attention to the floating heart and launched another attack at it.

“Uh… Tori… a little help here?” Pinkie didn’t know what to do, she wasn’t about to attack it and it seemed angry since she ignored it twice.

“I got this.” Toriel walked up to Ice Cap as it continued to attack Pinkie and pulled off its hat revealing that it’s whole body was a hat and what was left behind was an average looking ice cube. “Wow, without its hat it’s just Ice? Well it’s a pretty nice looking ice cube.”

“Thank you for saying that.” The Ice Cube stated after a moment of silence. “I guess my hat wasn’t everything was it? My name is Ice, sorry about attacking you about not being so focused on my cool hat as I was. I just wanted to be noticed.”

“No it wasn’t. Now you can go out there and be the best ice cube that I know you can be! You don’t need a hat to make people notice you, being a talking ice cube is good enough to do that on its own. Learn to be a bit louder and I’m sure you’ll be noticed more.” Pinkie immediately moved over to the empty ramshackle looking booth that was poorly built, after her heart finished slamming back into her that is. She proceeded to read the sign on it that seemed to be a narration written by a certain skeleton. “You observe the well crafted sentry station. Who could have possibly built this, you ponder. I bet it was that very famous royal guardsman! (Note: Not yet a very famous royal guardsman.) So this is Papyrus’s station?”

“Looks like it, let’s continue onwards then.” Toriel went back to the path with the trailing pony who she knew was staring at her rear end; she wiggled it and watched the ponies eyes follow its jiggling. As they went back to continuing on the path, they passed by Snow Drake and Ice Cube talking to each other. Apparently the two were quickly becoming friends.

Moving on they came to a sign that said ‘Absolutely NO MOVING!!!’ They both looked at it confusingly and couldn’t move on until it was explained why it said that exactly. Looking ahead they could see a guard station that was built better than the two previous stations together and it was even personalized with a motivational poster and a service bell.

“Well no time like the present!” Pinkie moved forward and heard a dog growling and she stopped in front of the booth and saw a strange dog wielding two blades looking around. The black and white dog was wearing a shirt, pants and a belt; he looked a lot like a diamond dog.

“Who’s that moving around out there? If you’re a human, then I’ll get you!” The dog looked around growling angrily as if trying to find something; he kept missing Pinkie entirely who was standing directly in front of him.

“Pinkie don’t move! Apparently his name is Doggo, it sounds rather familiar to me. The book says he can only see moving things… why doesn’t he just use his nose and ears? The book says he relies entirely on his ridiculously poor sight.” Toriel watched as Pinkie’s soul was tugged out of her body once again and felt sorry for the pony. That was the third time in the last ten minutes for that to happen to Pinkie, she had to of been getting tired of having her soul pop in and out of her like a… why did Toriel’s usually innocent mind suddenly jump to phallic objects? She felt really embarrassed to be thinking those things, she and Pinkie weren’t that close yet or she at least didn’t think they were. “Anyway, I think he was one of our great warriors from when we were having that war with the humans; I think I vaguely recall hearing that he has post traumatic stress disorder from that. It was from a time before I divorced myself from my husband.”

Doggo started to attack everywhere with quick wild aimless swinging of his blue glowing blades, however much to the ponies confusion the swords didn’t damage her soul and she knew what that felt like.

“Blue soul attacks only hurt those who move while being struck by them; he can’t do anything to hurt you if you don’t move your soul.” Toriel watched as Pinkie stood up and walked over to the dog and stopped moving when he sent out a wave of blue at her movement, then she moved closer to Doggo. “Be careful Pinkie, he seems on edge.”

“Don’t worry Tori, I’ve got this. I’ve dealt with ponies that have Pinkie Traumatizing Stress Disorder, so I’m sure the same principle works here.” Pinkie pulled herself up onto the counter slowly and the dog continued to attack the air wildly, the air couldn’t feel it because it was air and the soul floating in the air was motionless as long as Pinkie didn’t dance. Slowly the pony reached out with a hoof and rubbed the dogs head exciting him beyond belief. “There there, you’re a good dog. Calm down, no one is going to hurt you.”

“I have been pet?” He felt Pinkie’s gently hoof caress his neck as he excitedly started yelling words randomly, those words were mostly ‘pet’, ‘pit’, ‘pot’, and ‘pat’. After a while of being petted he calmed down greatly and Pinkie gave him a hug.

“It’s okay; just let me make it all better. You don’t have to fight anyone.” The swords clattered to the ground and the dog just let himself be hugged, he was whimpering in Pinkie’s hooves. “It’s going to be alright, there are no big scary things coming to hurt you. I have to wonder Tori, why would anyone place a guy with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder here. He really needs help.”

“The war was just that bad that some of us wouldn’t ever let down our guard, even when we became sealed down here. After a while we figured out that the humans weren’t going to personally exterminate us out of existence and actually did something rather merciful and cruel at the same time. Though being stuck underground sounds rather cruel, the monsters survived such poor conditions to become what you will see and have seen already.” Toriel walked up to counter and moved over it to the dog and started hugging him as well. “This poor old dog has been a soldier for so long. He must be so alone and scared out here and from what I can see he’s been smoking dog bones. That isn’t very good for his mental or physical health. Even then he is still quite loyal and willing to protect other monsters from dangers real or imagined. I’m guessing it has been long since anyone has brought him comfort. Our army had a lot of guard dogs like this one. Sans was not kidding when he said there were many colorful dogs around here, especially if our K-9 division is still present even if they aren’t properly trained. I have personally helped train some units, though I still detest the annoyance force my ex trained to be nothing but incredible nuisances to everyone. Even under as much stress as this dog has been through, he continues to be a loyal sentry to a cause he likely finds hard to give up.”

“Queen Toriel… you’re here… we’ve all missed your warmth greatly.” The sad sounding humanoid dog said as he nodded off into the warm hug. “Everything for a long time was so… cold.”

Toriel sat down pulling his whimpering form into her lap and continued rubbing his head gently until he fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Xenoblade X has taken up most of my life, thank you for asking... even though I know you didn't. So please excuse my inability to write a good chapter because of ludicrous day long gaming habits.

Yes, I do pay attention to my comments recieved. I just don't have much to say at the moment, except for 'THANK YOU'.

I just thought Sans music sounded like it comes from Pilotwings 64 upon first hearing it.