• Published 1st Nov 2015
  • 7,382 Views, 1,095 Comments

Path of Kindness and Blood - CommanderX5



Fluttershy was a very kind pureblood vampony who suffered a terrible tragedy. Will she find a place to call home in Ponyville? Will it be filled with friendship and acceptance, or will she face fear and hostility?

  • ...
19
 1,095
 7,382

PreviousChapters Next
Turn of Events - Transformation

Path of Kindness and Blood

-

Chapter 4

Turn of Events

Part 2 - Transformation

Rainbow Dash’s POV

***

“Are you sure it’s a good idea?” Dash asked while looking from the window. Ever since the spa incident, she and Fluttershy kept Rarity hidden in the cottage until her transformation was complete. She had already followed Fluttershy’s instructions about informing the spa ponies: Lotus Blossom and Aloe, that she was the one who rescued everypony from the crumbling building. Luckily they bought the story about Fluttershy shutting herself in her cottage to calm herself down after the terrifying event. Convincing them that Rarity took a ten day long vacation away from Ponyville was even easier.

Ever since that incident, Fluttershy had many worried visitors for the past nine days checking on her, and hiding Rarity’s unconscious body wasn’t a simple task. “I can see it now,” Dash started. “Hello Rarity, nice day we’re having. A wonderful sunny day that will make you feel weak and miserable. Are you hungry or thirsty? We have plenty of volunteering animals you can suck blood from.”

Fluttershy didn’t look away from her sleeping friend who started to wriggle on the sofa, ropes somewhat restraining her movements. The transformation process was nearly over, and best of all, Rarity was saved from the unpleasant experience of digging herself out from her own grave. “It won’t be easy for her, I know, but we’ll help her get through this, right, Dash?” she asked while giving her friend a pleading look.

“Fine,” the pegasus said with a frown, “but I don’t like the idea of letting her drink my blood. I mean, you can drink it anytime you want, Fluttershy, and I know that you would never hurt me or drink too much.” She pointed her foreleg accusingly at Rarity. “I can’t be sure about her though. Also, how’s she gonna hold-up under the sun? She’s not a pureblood like you, after all.”

“I never turned anypony before, so I don’t know. I saw some of my parent’s servants walking around town while wearing a coat, or a very large hat and something to cover their back and legs. I think nopony will find it suspicious if Rarity starts wearing things like that.”

Dash chuckled. “You mean Ponyville’s number one fashion mare walking around in a coat or giant hat? Nope, nothin’ out of the ordinary.” She turned back to look outside, only to notice somepony approaching. If memory served her right, she could instantly tell who the orange pony was. “It’s AJ. She has a basket filled with fresh apples. Didn’t she visit you a few days ago?

Fluttershy rubbed her chin with her wing as she looked around. A small bottle of blood was on the table along with a few ropes tying Rarity in place. She looked at Dash with panic. Moving her now was way too risky. “Can you keep Applejack away from the cottage? It’s very important.”

“On it,” Dash said with a firm stomp before walking outside. The door behind her closed and the windows shut. She walked towards Applejack, ready to intercept the farm mare with any trick she had at her disposal. As the distance was shrinking, she thought of a plan. After thinking over her previous encounters with the farm mare and what she learned about the Applejack’s stubborn, prideful, and competitive nature, she smirked.

“Howdy Dash, checkin’ on Fluttershy, Ah see. Ya sure care a great deal ‘bout her,” Applejack said as she stopped in her track and presented an apple. “Hungry?”

“A little,” Dash responded and gratefully took the apple towards her mouth, taking a small bite. After a quick gulp, she asked, “What brings you here, AJ? If you’re worried about Flutters, I just checked on her and she’s fine. Busy, but fine.”

“That’s good to hear,” Applejack said as she walked by the pegasus, who quickly followed.

“Wanna race to Sweet Apple Acres? No wings.”

“Ah sure do, sugarcube, just let me deliver these,” Applejack responded.

“You want to sell those apples, or are they a gift?”

Applejack growled, her expression serious. “Sell! To a traumatized pony? F’course it’s a gift. Who do ya think Ah am?”

“Then allow me,” Dash said as with a swift action, she stole the basket from AJ’s back and flew into the cottage. Applejack was about to run, but her pegasus friend landed in her way a few seconds later. “Fluttershy is very grateful for the apples and wishes you a nice day, but she really doesn’t want to be interrupted. Sooo… wanna hang out?”

Applejack raised an eyebrow before looking at Dash suspiciously, her muzzle pressed against the pegasus’ one. “Is that so?” she said as her glare sharpened as if trying to pierce Dash’s very soul. “Yer not tryin’ to trick me or anythin’, are ya?”

“Of course not,” Dash responded, sweating. This wasn’t how she imagined this talk to go in her mind. “So, about this race. We can always have a hoof wrestle or challenge each other. Unless you’re a chicken.”

Applejack frowned. “Yer actin’ a mite suspicious, Dash. Are ya tryin’ to stop me from seein’ Fluttershy? Did somethin’ happen to her?”

Noticing that Applejack now looked at the cottage and bent her legs as if ready to gallop at any moment, she decided to play honest. And if that didn’t work, she could always grab Applejack and fly back to Sweet Apple Acres. It would still be better than explaining why Rarity is still in Ponyville, not to mention tied to Fluttershy’s sofa.

Dash took a deep breath and said, “Fine… I’ll be honest.” Seeing how Applejack’s muscles relaxed, she continued, “Fluttershy asked me to keep anypony from visiting her.”

“She did… why?” Applejack asked, taken aback.

“Rarity is back… She’s shaken up from her near death experience and wants to spend a night with Fluttershy before returning home tomorrow. Just give them one day, AJ, okay?”

Applejack rubbed her chin while studying Dash’s features. “Ah believe ya, but Ah still find nothin’ wron’ in checking on ‘em. A warm welcome won’t hurt.”

“Come on AJ, give them some space,” Dash responded.

Applejack half closed her eyes. “Ah’ll just say hello and welcome Rare’s back, how’s that bein’ a bother?” She pressed her muzzle against Dash. “Why can’t I check on ‘em, but you can?”

Dash bit her lips, looking to the side but not in her friend’s eyes. “Because… because I’m Fluttershy’s closest friend, and she asked for one day of privacy. Can't you just trust us and respect her wishes?”

Applejack stopped and frowned. It was true that she didn’t know Fluttershy and Rarity as well as Dash did. She sighed, “Fine Dash, ya win.” She turned around and walked away from the cottage before adding, “Still up for a race?”

“Always!” Dash responded as both mares galloped, leaving nothing but dust in their stead.

As both athletes saved their energy for the final sprint, going head to head, Applejack spoke, “May Ah ask a question?”

“Shoot.”

“You were near the spa when the quake happened, have ya seen anythin’ suspicious?”

“Suspicious? What do you mean?” Dash asked as she sped up a little.

Applejack increased her speed as well, trying to keep up. “Ah mean, did ya see anythin’ out of the ordinary? Ah know ya have good eyes, good enough to see a needle from ceiling of mah barn. Anythin’ catch yer eye?”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “Not really. I was taking a nap on a cloud near the spa when noise from an earthquake woke me up and caught my attention. I rushed in the moment the spa started to fall apart. Why do you ask?”

Applejack frowned. “Think, Dash. Quake in the middle of Ponyville. Only one buildin’ damaged. Even Ah can see that it’s like oranges growing on an apple tree.”

“Now that you mention it… it seems kind of strange. But why the spa? If some powerful unicorn was trying to test a spell, why in the middle of the town? Also, the only ponies who were inside were the spa sisters, Flutters and Rarity. Why would anypony want to hurt them?”

“That’s somethin’ Ah wanna know,” Applejack answered before starting her sprint, Dash quickly following.

Much to Applejack’s disappointment, Rainbow Dash was quicker and she now stood with crossed forelegs. While she always had much more stamina and strength in her legs than the pegasus, in speed and agility she could barely compete. “Ya won this round, Dash.”

“Sure I did. Speed is what I live for,” Dash responded with smug on her face, doing her best to hide her worries. That was close. I’m lucky AJ always competes with me as if I was an earth pony. Should she not conserve her stamina and sprint early on, I would drop down from exhaustion trying to catch up.

“Ah bet ya can’t beat me in horseshoes.”

“It. Is. On!” Dash shouted.

Rarity’s POV

***

Was she dying or sleeping? It was very difficult to tell, as she was trapped in complete darkness. Rarity could feel a hollowness within her, pulsating continuously. Oddly enough, she would have thought that she may have been hungry - perhaps for roasted portabello or something of the like. But this was different. Different in a way that she couldn’t describe.

She could smell various scents and hear noises around her, but failed to recognize any of it. Suddenly, her nose honed in on a powerful scent of blood while heartbeats and the noise of several animals became very clear. Blackness was slowly replaced by a bright light as she blinked rapidly, though her vision was still quite blurry.

“Oh, you’re awake. I know you may be a bit confused at the moment, but I assure you, everything’s going to be fine.”

She ignored the voice as her attention was focused on the scent of blood. She tried to move, but couldn’t as something was holding her legs. “Release me this instant!” Rarity shouted as her vision improved slightly.

“Please stay cal–”

Rarity couldn’t explain it, but she grew very angry, being tied down like some savage beast. The more she struggled to get free, the worse her attitude became. She then felt a massive rush of energy flow through her body. With this newfound power, she ripped the harnesses from the couch posts, destroying them in the process.

Little did Rarity know that the power also came with other modifications. Her eyes changed from deep blue to vivid red, her teeth grew into fangs, her body’s fur grew, and her ears became longer and unnaturally pointed.

The posts removed, she fell onto the floor with the couch’s remains. As Rarity tried to get to her hooves, she felt another set press against her shoulders, pinning her to the ground. Her rage reaching new levels, she pushed herself off of the floor with such force that she sent her captor flying to the nearby wall.

Through all of this action, she wasn’t only getting aggravated like never before, but she was thirsty. Extremely thirsty. No mere cup of water was going to satisfy her, that much she knew. She needed something else. Something that she could not function without.

Blood

Her inner nature was telling her to find the nearest source of the red, iron substance and consume it. She sniffed, scanning the environment for a target, and then turned her head around and stared at her captor. A yellow batpony, who beared an impossible resemblance to one of her friends, minus the batwings, eye color, and oddly pointed ears.

Rarity didn’t have time to analyze the situation. She immediately gave into predatory instincts. Her prey was still recovering from the impact against the wall - an easy target. She bared her teeth and jumped into action. Literally.

Rarity jumped the distance between them, grabbed the other pony, and pushed her up against the wall, both of them now on their hind legs.

Rarity licked her teeth - her prize was a hoof away, and practically begged her to… to…

Rarity didn’t quite know what to do, but her body did that for her. On pure instinct, she lunged for the other pony’s neck, but was halted by two hooves pushing her chest.

“No… Please! Don’t!” Fluttershy was struggling to stop Rarity from biting into her, but the fashionista proved too powerful - she wasn’t expecting her to have such strength so early in the transformation. Her hooves were faltering. “Please… STO-” Her grip on Rarity’s chest slipped.

Rarity’s teeth sank into the side of her captor’s neck, the pressure stopping her scream in its place. She closed her eyes and began sucking.

Ambrosia on her tongue at long last.

She’s never been so satisfied from anything in her entire life. She sucked and sucked, and more and more of the warm, beautiful liquid went down her throat. It was pure bliss. Her prey stopped struggling and let her get the feed she needed, not that Rarity gave her a choice. Her body softened against her captor, no longer feeling the need to use such force anymore, and, likewise, her prey held her.

She continued for a little while longer, non-stop drinking of the amazing fluid her body needed. When she was full, Rarity opened her eyes. Pink mane, yellow fur, familiar body scent, bat wings, and pointed ears.

Pure shock took over her. She pulled her teeth out of its neck, and walked back. Rarity screamed upon the realization of what she had done.

Fluttershy slowly returned to her senses because of a loud noise penetrating her sensitive ears as her attention focused on her terrified friend. She rose back to her hooves and placed her foreleg on Rarity’s mouth. “Ssshhh… It’s okay, everything will be fine.”

The newly transformed thestral took a few rapid breaths before replying in panic. “Fine? Fine!” She pointed at bleeding wound on Fluttershy’s neck. “How is this fine?” She pointed at bat-like wings and long ears, “How are those fine?” Rarity quickly got up and walked to the side, trembling with every step. “And your eyes. Whatever happened to you! What happened to me?”

“I will explain everything, just calm down, please,” Fluttershy begged with a pout.

Rarity placed her forelegs on her head and closed her eyes as her mind was a huge mess. The moment she felt a gentle hoof on her shoulder, she slapped it away and looked at Fluttershy with hostility. “Leave me alone!” She pointed at the fangs. “Why do you look like... some sort of monster from a horror novel? Did you turn me into one too?” she asked before looking to the side, though not noticing any wings on her own back. She turned back to her former friend who curled her forelegs under her neck while her long ears dropped. If anything, she looked more like a scolded puppy rather than monster from a novel.

The silence lasted for a moment until Rarity sighed and stroked Fluttershy’s curled foreleg while looking at her apologetically. “I am sorry, darling. I did not mean to call you a monster. I was just... shocked and forgot about manners and tact.”

“It’s okay,” Fluttershy whispered with a hint of sadness before both mares walked towards the table in the middle of the room, sitting on opposite sides.

Calm and composed, Rarity cleared her throat and spoke, “Now that I am… in a more sane state of mind, I am willing to listen and give you the benefit of the doubt.”

“Oh, yes, of course,” Fluttershy said while massaging her neck. “First, I would like to say that I am really, really sorry for what I had to do to you. If there was another way, I would never resort to… this.”

The transformed unicorn lowered her head slightly and poked her fangs with her tongue. “You mean… turning me into a vampony? If that’s the case, shouldn’t I… dig myself from my own grave like many stories describe?”

Fluttershy nodded. “In some cases yes, but I couldn’t let them do that to you. After the spa incident, Dash told everypony that you went on vacation from Ponyville for ten days.”

“So Rainbow Dash is in this too? Is she vampony like you and I?” Rarity asked. She quickly corrected herself, “What am I saying? She has no trouble flying in the sun.” The fashionista rubbed her chin in contemplation before her ears twitched, her foreleg raising in realization. “Now I understand. She knows that you are a vampony, and, as a good friend, she is trying to support you. That explains the cloudy sky whenever you are outside. She must get a lot of complaints.”

“Not that many. I rarely go outside during the day,” Fluttershy said before giggling. “I told her many times that a hat is all I need, and that I can endure a bit of sunlight, but she does it for my comfort anyway.”

Rarity nodded with a weak smile, only to jump back from realization, her eyes wide and mouth agape. “Spa!” she said as memory of that day surfaced. “Did we...” Noticing a hesitant nod, she sighed and returned to her pillow. Rarity’s voice depressed as her eyes started to produce tears. “I understand…” Fluttershy rounded the table and embraced her friend, pressing Rarity’s head against her soft chest. As seconds passed while Fluttershy’s fur on her chest became wet, Rarity said with slightly muffled voice, “Does this mean… that I am undead… forever in your servitude?”

With a shake of her head and closed eyes, Fluttershy responded, “That would be a ghoul, and only if I used my blood and dark magic on a corpse. You aren’t undead because I injected my blood when you were still alive, and you’re not a ghoul because I didn’t use mind controlling spells or runes.”

Rarity pushed herself of Fluttershy’s chest and looked her in the eyes. “But… in the stories...”

Fluttershy smiled with understanding and lectured, “Rarity, some stories are based on facts, while others aren’t. Many who know about our existence think of us as cold-blooded undead who don’t belong to this world, that our souls passed away and just some blood sucking corpse remained. I never believed it.”

She put her hoof on her chest and continued, “We feel pain, experience joy and sadness, make choices. We have our regrets and dreams. The only thing that separate us from pegasi, unicorns and earth ponies is our different anatomy, strengths and feeding habits.” She smiled and asked, “Who would you rather believe? A book, or a an actual, living vamp… I mean thestral?”

“Y-you of course,” Rarity said with renewed determination before wiping tears from her face. “Still, if I am a regular vampony, does this mean that I will not see my reflection in the mirror?” she asked with a gasp, the very idea of not being able to see herself within her newest projects was unimaginable. “And what about the sun, will it burn me to ashes? Will the scent of garlic be too hard for me to endure? Can I turn myself into a bat? And what about food and drink, will it no longer have any taste and I will be forced to drink blood...?”

Fluttershy waited patiently for the avalanche of questions to end while several birds and squirrels under Angel‘s leadership brought two full teacups and a plate with cookies as they placed them on the table. Hearing endless questions coming from a newly transformed vampony, Angel rolled his eyes.

The fashionista took a break for breathing as Fluttershy said in a cheerful tone, “One question at a time please.” Noticing a blush on her friend’s cheek, she pointed at the tea and cookies and suggested, “Please, try for yourself.”

Rarity nodded before levitating a cup of tea with her magic as she took a few sips. While drinking it didn’t satisfy her still present thirst, it surely tasted good. She did the same with a cookie. “This taste… not as good as before, but still...”

Fluttershy nodded. “As a thestral, you can survive only on blood as a main food and power source, since our bodies cannot produce it anymore. We can also eat meat as most predators, as well as hay, cakes and other types of food that ponies eat.” She ate a cookie as well and took sip from her tea before continuing, “It may not taste as good as before since blood and meat are our main energy source though, and we must drink blood regularly. The stronger the thirst for blood, the less tasty other food types are. For a very hungry thestral, a delicious cupcake will taste just like water mixed with paper.”

“And the mirror?” Rarity asked with pleading glare. Her heart beating increasing with every passing second.

“Don’t worry about it. We don’t see our reflection only in our true forms, but we do when we are disguised as ponies. I will teach you how to hide your fangs, ears and predatory eyes and you’ll see yourself in the mirror again.”

“Really?” Rarity asked before Fluttershy’s wings caught her attention. “Well, not a big loss I suppose. And what about garlic?”

“With our very strong sense of smell, its scent is very unpleasant, same for onions. It’s not dangerous or anything, just very distracting and unpleasant.”

“What about the sunlight?”

“As a pureblood, I can stay under the sun for a few hours, but it weakens me greatly and is rather… unpleasant. Spending too much time under the sun can be dangerous and force me to drink more blood than usual to recover the damage. It’s similar to your case. The only difference is that as somepony turned into thestral, you can last under the sun longer and not weaken as much.”

“And immortality?”

Fluttershy shook her head. “This part is rather sensitive and should be left for another time.” Rarity was about to protest, but her friend’s hoof gesture stopped her as she pointed at watch on the wall. “It’s still very early, and Ponyville shouldn’t be too crowded. How about we sneak to your boutique? I’ll tell you more on the way.”

Rarity rubbed her chin as she considered her options. She was still a bit tired from this whole ordeal, but most of the confusion was gone, and she had basic understanding of her situation. If everypony thought she was on vacation... “One question, darling. You said that Dash told others that I went on vacation to recover after spa incident. How long?”

“Ten days,” Fluttershy responded as she walked towards Rarity, saddlebags and black coat in her wings. “The incident took place ten days ago.”

Rarity’s mouth opened widely. “Ten days!” For the past ten days ever since she nearly died, her friend kept her hidden in a cottage and watched over her. And what did she do in return? She drank her blood, ruined one of her couches, and called her a monster.

“Fluttershy,” she stated with the largest and most grateful smile she could muster, “thank you… for everything. You really are an amazing friend.”

“Y-you're welcome...” she responded, rubbing her foreleg nervously while blushing.

A minute later, Fluttershy -in pegasus form- was wearing a large hat decorated with feathers on it’s top. Alongside Rarity in a black coat, she went towards the boutique as the door to the cottage closed behind them.

Angel, who oversees other animals, now looked between the closed door and a bottle of blood that still lay on the table and facepalmed. He had served under powerful dark mages in the past. Many strong, wise and ruthless purebloods used his services. After so many accomplishments and flawless servitude under mighty masters, he ended up summoned by a soft, kind-hearted and distracted pureblood. How could he fall so low?

“So, one day you’ll be able to turn yourself into a bat?” Rarity asked with full interest before closing the door to her boutique while Fluttershy shut the curtains. Not wasting even a moment, the fashionista took off the black coat and placed it on the table as the very look of it caused her to shiver.

Rarity made a mental note to create a much more suitable one, or something better instead. Maybe a pink dress, long enough to cover my neck and back will do. Oh, and a very large hat of similar color… maybe a mix of purple and pink, with flowers decorating its top. And next, long pink socks to cover my forelegs. Yes, this should be both practical and fashionable, Rarity thought before climbing up onto her sofa as she perched herself on it comfortably.

Fluttershy put her saddlebag away and sat next to her friend before answering, “Maybe one day I will. While transforming between pony and thestral form is the most basic ability we gain on our birth, transforming into animals or even mist is extremely difficult to learn, and only a few centuries old pureblood thestrals managed to master it.”

Fluttershy smiled with determination and pointed at herself. “Now Rarity, watch me carefully.” With a bit of concentration and gritted teeth, the feathers on her wings were enveloped in a dark aura that disappeared a moment later, revealing bat-like wings. Her ears grew and her eyes changed their shape into dragon-like slits. A few seconds later the process reversed itself as Fluttershy was once again her pegasus self. She opened her eyes and smiled encouragingly. “Your turn, Rarity. Just focus as if you were trying to use your levitation and wish to look like a pony with all your will. It should come naturally.”

The fashionista did as she was told, sweat soon covered her face. Unlike in Fluttershy’s case, it took longer and the unicorn mare was breathing heavily as if she ran a marathon, but the result was the same. Before Fluttershy could even congratulate her friend, a small mirror passed her, levitating towards the unicorn, who, after examining her reflection, let out a long sigh of relief.

Fluttershy chuckled, only for a knocking noise to catch her attention. She and Rarity looked at the door with worry as they whispered in unison, “Oh no.”

The fashion mare looked at Fluttershy and asked, “What do we do?”

“Maybe somepony saw us entering here and wanted to make sure we’re not thieves. Just act like nothing happened, offer some tea, and if he or she invites you somewhere, politely refuse.”

Rarity nodded before whispering as they both approached the door, “Is this how you react to ponies who pay you a visit?”

Noticing her friend’s firm nod, Rarity focused on the door and slowly opened it with her magic while carefully peeking outside. “Welcome to Carousel Boutique where every garment is chic, unique and...,” she said, before looking around in confusion as outside of a few bypassing ponies waved at her, no pony stood near the door.

“Angel,” a voice behind Rarity called before a falcon with a bunny on its back descended to her head level. The fashionista flinched and hissed before regaining her composure as a small blush of embarrassment appeared on her cheeks. Fluttershy got between them and asked, “Why are you here?”

The bunny facepalmed again before pointing at a bottle of blood tied to the falcon. “Oh.” Without a moment to waste, Fluttershy untied the falcon and took the bottle, hoping that no pony would find a bird and bunny delivering red liquid to the boutique suspicious. “Thank you, Angel. What would I do without you?”

The bunny roleplayed falling and dying before poking his ride, who flew up and back to the cottage. Rarity closed the door and turned to her friend. “You have quite a resourceful bunny. You really trained him well.”

The pureblood thestral chuckled. “He is not a normal bunny, I can assure you. He’s my familiar.”

“Familiar?”

“That’s a story for another day,” Fluttershy responded as she placed the bottle on a nearby table that had a mirror on it. “Could you bring a cup, please? I’m sure you must still be very hungry.”

Rarity nodded and went to the kitchen before coming back with two empty glasses and some napkins levitating in her magic. If she was going to be a vampony, she was going to be an elegant and well-bred one. Both mares decided to walk into the kitchen and sit next to the table before taking a sip from the delicious liquid. Rarity had to admit, the blood tasted like a really high quality apple cider, though not as good as very old wine. “A very interesting taste.”

“Glad you like it. It may not taste as good as pony blood, especially sucked from the veins in one’s neck,” she said as images of Dash exposing her neck before saying line ‘bon-appetit’ flashed in her mind. “But I have plenty of it. My dear animal friends are very generous when it comes to feeding me.”

Rarity nodded in understanding, when suddenly her eyes opened widely. Animal friends… drinking blood from pony’s neck. She quickly looked around and asked, “Where’s Opal?”

The shy thestral stepped back from her seat, awkward smile on her face as drops of sweat fell from her forehead. “Oh, I completely forgot about her.” Upon receiving a frown from Rarity, she continued, “What I mean was… after I hid you in the cottage, I took Opal as well and tried to explain to her that you’re undergoing a transformation that will change your life. I usually keep her away from my mouse friends since she doesn’t always obey the rules, so she should be playing with the seals.”

“Oh…” Rarity murmured with hoof on her mouth while her friend approached the kitchen door. “Wait...”

Fluttershy looked back at her. “Don’t worry, I’ll bring Opal here, it won’t take long.”

Rarity cleared her throat with a cough. “I understand, but before you go, I have some questions. Important ones.” Noticing that her friend turned to her and sat, she continued, “Now since I am a vampony, is there any ritual I should participate in? Am I your servant? Do I need to pledge loyalty to you?”

Fluttershy shook her head and smiled cheerfully. “There’s no need for that. I trust you, Rarity, and I wouldn’t dare to restrain your freedom. Of course there is blood ritual where a thestral swear his or hers loyalty to a master, but I see no need for it. As for social standards, pure-blooded ones lead clans and have their own territory.” She took a quick breath and continued, “My territory will become Ponyville if I will get approval from other purebloods, and if this happens, all thestrals who live here will most likely join my clan. You can refuse if you wish though.”

Rarity smiled back. If she learned anything from vampony novels, it’s that the word of pureblood vampony is law, and her friend seemed very hesitant to pull her weight around. “Of course I will join your clan, darling. You saved my life after all. Still, this next question is… umm...”

“Don’t be shy, Rarity, I will answer anything,” Fluttershy said with a sense of deja-vu, how many times ponies told her to not be shy with asking questions.

“Well… when I bit you… and sucked your blood to satisfy my thirst…” she said hesitantly before noticing a large blush spread across her friend’s checks. “If one vampony drink blood of another, do this mean what I think it means?”

Fluttershy laughed awkwardly and looked to the side, her fore legs curled under her neck. “Well, in our culture, we drink blood of those who…” Her blush became even larger as she covered her face behind her hooves while her wings shot upwards, “we’re engaged in a relationship with.”

Rarity jumped back, quickly losing her balance. Her cheeks flushed crimson from the new knowledge. ”En-engaged?”

The awkward silence commented for several seconds until Rarity broke it. “Are there… any consequences for drinking… without being engaged?” Her friend murmured something to herself. “Would you speak louder, please.” Noticing a shake of disagreement, she pressed the issue. “Please Fluttershy. Be honest with me.”

“Trust me… it’s sometimes best not to know the truth,” Fluttershy commented, hiding half of her face behind her mane.

“Please…!”

Fluttershy sighed. “If a thestral of the same rank did something like this… it usually results in a fight, or at least a punch in the muzzle.”

“And if a turned vampony,” she pointed at herself and next at Fluttershy, “drank from a pureblood?” The pegasus hid her face behind her mane again and whispered something. Rarity stood back to her hooves and approached with her ear exposed as she said, “A little louder please.”

Fluttershy sighed again and said with heavy voice, “For drinking from a pureblood without permission, the punishment is a slow… painful… death…”

Rarity’s eye twitched.

She then laughed and walked backward. “G-good one, Fluttershy…”

The pureblood turned around, focusing on the door. “I’d better go get Opal...”

The fashionista didn’t blink until the door to the boutique closed with a creak from the locking mechanism. Feeling as if her muscles turned into jelly while her heart tried to escape her chest, she quickly stood on her rear hooves and lit her horn while placing a foreleg on her head dramatically. “Of all things that could happen, this is the worst… possible… thing!” With a sofa levitating beside her, she jumped backwards on it with great force. A loud cracking sound followed as it broke in half from the impact.

Author's Note:

I try to not add images to my stories, however in this one case I felt that showing this one would be better then describing it. Not only it looks elegant, but also provide a nice protection form the sun.

Also, I get the impression that Rarity will need to reinforce her fainting sofa for future uses.

List of editors:
ShipIsLove ShipIsLife
Alticron
Word Worthy

PreviousChapters Next