• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 548 Views, 8 Comments

Ripped Away - HeartBeat



In this second person story, you will be taken through the story of what made Rainbow Dash into the powerful, amazing, booming fast, mare she is today. It's a sad tragedy, starting off in the slums of Cloudsdale, to when she joins Ponyville.

  • ...
 8
 548

Homecoming

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Chapter Four

Homecoming

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Another day... Our young pony opens her eyes again; to a brand new day. Those cerise colored orbs glisten in the sunlight as they gaze out the window. A soft, yawn followed by the cracking of her stiff limbs broke the silence in the room. Rainbow Dash is up again, another day without a single idea where her parents have gone...

Rainbow wasted no time to go downstairs, her heart fluttering as she was ready to look for her family. Her mind was set, constantly flooded with ideas where they could have gone. She found herself in the kitchen, her nose being stuffed with the sweet smell of breakfast. Fluttershy was busy mixing a large bowl of pancake batter while the skillet was cooking the contents inside.

"Oh! Goodmorning Rainbow!" Fluttershy spoke, startled when she caught glimpse of her. "I didn't hear you come down! I made some breakfast for us before we look!"

"Wow!" Rainbow spoke through the drool that flooded her mouth, her stomach rumbling as she hadn't had a good breakfast in a while. "Thanks Fluttershy... You're the best!"

"I wouldn't say that..." The yellow pegasus replied, looking away in shame. "I-I though we could start our separate ways. You go to Cloudsdale, and I go to Ponyville. I could as the Madame Mare if she knows anything."

"Good thinking Fluttershy! Let's get to eating so we can move out!" Rainbow spoke, taking a seat at the table in anticipation for the food and for the hunt to begin!

Hours had passed since they had eaten and Rainbow begun to get impatient. Fluttershy had been taking her time to water the flowers, feed the birds and woodland creatures surrounding her home, and even take angel for a short walk. In this time, Rainbow was unaware of her stalling, getting very eager to leave. She had been told directly to let Rainbow handle things on her own, and Fluttershy herself didn't know why. It broke her to pieces... Back at the tree home, Rainbow slammed the door shut, causing the skittish pony to nearly jump out of her skin!

"Why the hay are we messing around, Fluttershy?!" Dash exclaimed, standing at the door.

"I-I'm sorry Rainbow... I have been behind on my chores, s-so I think you... need to start without me." Fluttershy spoke, rubbing her other hoof as she looked away, embarrassed by Rainbow catching onto her obvious distractions.

"Fine! I'll be back before the sun goes down, okay?" Rainbow spoke, not even waiting for a response before dashing out the door and back up towards the city in the clouds.

A long strip of a rainbow followed her soaring ascent to her hometown, her eyes glimmering with hope as she got closer and closer to her home that floated around uptown Cloudsdale. Once at that door, she swallowed hard, gazing through the door she helplessly left cracked open. Walking inside, she looked around. "Still as quiet..." she though, walking through the home and peeking around every corner, hoping to catch her mother's familiar cyan coat or her father's pointy, spectral hair, just like hers. Each room empty left her sadder, but she had to be strong.

"Okay... There's got to be a clue..." She muttered aloud.

The pegasus wet back to that fridge where that note was crumpled at the floor. Picking it up, she read it again, able to look over it without sobbing onto the paper again. Rainbow still couldn't make a connection, so she set it in her bags that were in the dining room. She packed up essentials, no reason to live in an empty home. Dash grabbed a picture from her room, one that was taken last Hearth's Warming Eve. She hated getting pictures, and it was visible at her disgust as she sat between her parents with her arms crossed, a pair of fake reindeer horns resting on her head. She chuckled a bit at the picture, holding back her tears. Gazing at it for a few moments she stuffed it in the bag and left her house, this time with the door locked tightly behind her. The wind blew softly in her hair as she stood at the edge of her cloud home, looking back and gazing at the place that held so many memories. She knew it was still hers, since her father had built it himself, so as long as that house could float, it would never be taken away.

"You'll be full again..." She spoke to the house, laughing at how stupid she must have just sounded, trying to speak to it.

Spreading her wings and taking flight, Rainbow decided to fly back to Fluttershy's home to show her the note. With a grin on her face, she almost felt like she was accepting the fact that her parents were gone. As sad as it sounds, the pony had nearly forgotten why she was sad at times. She thought back when she was being taken care of by Fluttershy, or when she was eating breakfast with her. She though what the note had said: "You have friends who will always be there for you..." and Rainbow smiled, believing their words. Once at the door of Fluttershy's home, pressing open the door and seeing her friend sitting on the couch, petting her baby rabbit, Angel.

"Oh! Rainbow, you're back!" Fluttershy said, smiling as her friend walked in.

"Yep! I brought a note... From my parents. But how did your trip to Ponyville go? Did they see anything?" Dash replied, handing her the note.

"Oh..." Fluttershy spoke, taking the note. "It went... fine?"

"Fine? What do you mean? Did nopony notice them?" Dash said with a louder voice before taking a step back. "Wait... Did you even GO to town?"

"I... W-Well, I did have chores..."

"What?! Fluttershy, you are my friend! You can't leave your house for an hour to ask people if they saw two simple pegasi fly over?! I though we had a plan..." Dash said, sitting on her rump. "Do you even care?"

"Oh Rainbow... You don't know-...." She cut herself off, unable to say anymore than what she planned. "Y-You don't know the half of it! I do care..." Fluttershy spoke, covering her tracks.

"Then show it!" Dash exclaimed, tears in her eyes.

"I- I-"

"No! You know what? My parents were wrong... My friends aren't there for me..." She yelled out, ripping the page from Fluttershy's hooves and stuffed it back in her backs. "You...." She spoke at the door-way, ready to leave for the second time. "You're useless..."

Those were her final words to the pegasus, tearing her heart right from her chest and stomping on it. The poor pony cried the moment Dash turned away, taking to the skies. At full speed, the pegasus had nowhere to go but back to her home in Cloudsdale. Dash felt her tears stream across her cheeks again, the wind brushing them away.

"Rainbow! I-It's not my fault!" Fluttershy yelled from her door, tears streaming down her cheeks as well, glazing up to the sky before she saw her friend pass through the clouded sky above...

Comments ( 4 )

Any plans to continue this?

7184626 As much as I'd love to, I don't have the will to continue any of my stories. They don't seem to do as well, because of the lack of originality now-a-days. Although, I always have my hopes up to do so... Someday:moustache:

7187956 Sorry to hear that. I've always liked stories about Rainbow's childhood, because it's never been talked about in the show. I think all of the fanfics I've read about it have gotten abandoned.

7190430 Read my latest blog. It will explain it all! Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted!

Login or register to comment