• Published 2nd Nov 2015
  • 8,590 Views, 519 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Heart of the Twilight - Sora Sentry



When Sci Twilight met a boy, her darkness will shine by a light that she never seen, the emptiness of her heart will be fill and a brand-new feeling will be born within it...

  • ...
23
 519
 8,590

Prologe: A New World, A New Adventure

While Sora and Riku were on their quests to put an end to Xehanort's plans they were summoned by Master Yen Sid to give them a task to go to a new world to find and safeguard a source of light under threat within it, if it weren't too important he wouldn't have to summoned them.

"Are you sure that it's a very important mission, Master Yen Sid?" Sora asked.

"Yes Sora, you see in this new world lies a gateway to another world, in that world exists a strong light and harmony and since there is a connection to the world you two would go, the light and harmony are constantly flowing into it" Yen Sid explained.

"So you want us to keep this gateway safe?" Riku asked.

"Not quite, the source is not the gateway, the source are six entities, since the light and harmony are flowing into this world it ends up flowing into six special people that inhabit it" Yen Sid clarified them .

"Oh. Like being chosen by the keyblade?" Sora asked.

"Yes except that instead of a keyblade, these six people were chosen by the light and harmony from that alternative world" Yen Sid answered to him.

"Hold on. What about this 'alternative world'?" Riku asked.

"The Gateway it's protected by a barrier that keeps any darkness from outside to enter, that means that there is no need to go to that world" Yen Sid answered to him.

"So in a way to say is the light and harmony of this alternative world makes this world brighter, right?" Sora said.

"That is right, but it's thanks to these six people that these two could spread around the world" Yen Sid Answered him.

"So we must find them and defend them, but from who?" Riku asked.

"From Xehanort..." Yen Sid said as he lowered his head and closed his eyes. Everyone there gasped at his answer, especially Sora and Riku, knowing that he brought ruin to several worlds in the past, knowing that he targeted this new specific world made them angry, the two of them furrowed and Sora spoke up.

"Why would he want to attack these people?" Sora asked keeping the frown.

"The source doesn’t just have an effect on that world it also has effect on the rest of the worlds" Yen Sid answered him while he raised his head up and opened his eyes again.

"So if he takes it out...?" Riku tried to guess.

"...The darkness would spread over the worlds?" Sora finished the sentence.

Yen Sid nodded and everyone had shocked faces and remained in silence until Yen Sid speaks up again.

"Xehanort is doing this to move the balance in his favor to make sure that he would win in the upcoming clash against him, that's why I called you two Sora and Riku, our most strongest warriors to perform this mission" Yen Sid explained to them.

Sora and Riku nodded at this.

"If you fail the balance would be damaged and the darkness would scatter causing chaos around them, of course the light would not disappear from them, but the chaos would give more of an advantage to Xehanort, I hope the two of you have understood" Yen Sid said.

"Of course Master Yen Sid, I swear we will not fail this mission" Riku said with a determined nod.

"You can count on us!" Sora said with a determined smile and bumped his chest with his right fist.

Yen Sid gave them a smile, knowing that they could take care of this task, then he speaks again.

"Another thing" He said to the young heroes.

"Yes?" Sora and Riku said at the same time.

"The source of light doesn’t just spread light and harmony around the world, it also spreads a special kind of magic" Yen Sid said to them.

"What kind of magic?" Riku asked.

"I am sure that Sora knows it too well" Yen Sid said with a smile.

"The magic of friendship?" Sora asked tilting his head.

"Indeed Sora, but how is it that you know?" Yen Sid asked him while he rubbed his bread.

"Hmm. Just a feeling" he said as he put his hands behind his head and with a smile.

Riku chuckled at this, Yen Sid was right, friendship can make someone change turning him or her into a better person and make someone stronger, both him and Sora have experienced that themselves, so it was true that friendship is magic, also Mickey ,Donald and Goofy chuckled at Sora's words.

"Of course, since you are a source of Friendship Sora, a very strong one" Yen Sid told him

"Me?" Sora asked pointing his finger at himself

"Yes Sora, in the universe exist several sources of light and friendship, like the princesses of heart, but you Sora have the power to spread both around the worlds, you can easily make friends with anyone you get to know, and even make everything better, not just to this person, but also to the world that you visit" Yen Sid explained to him

Sora thought about all of his past actions and Yen Sid was right, for everything he has done he is a source of friendship

"Hehe. I guess I am" Sora said with a smile and he continued "But if I go to that world I'll make it even more bright, right?"

Yen Sid nodded with a smile, which made Sora chuckle.

"But wait if Xehanort takes out the source of light, something would happen to the magic of friendship?" Sora asked worried.

"Well the magic will not disappear but the chaos would make the bonds created by the people would break and it would take too much time to unite them again" Yen Sid answered him with a neutral face.

Both Sora and Riku realized that this mission was much too important to fail, not just the sake of that world but for all the worlds was on their shoulders ,and to make things worse if they fail Xehanort would be one step closer to reach his goal, this gave them more reason to succeed in their mission, it would be something vital into the upcoming the events, so they can't fail no matter what.

"Alright, we understand Master Yen Sid, don't worry we can take care of this" Riku said while he put his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah the five of us handle this" Sora said with a smile.

"Actually fellas..." Mickey began while Donald and Goofy looked down "...We can't go with you" He finished his sentence.

"Huh?! Why?!" Sora and Riku said at the same time surprised.

"Well guys, we have to go to help Lea and Kairi with their training" Donald explained.

"Yeah the more help they could get the stronger that they would become" Goofy said.

"Hmm. Yeah it make sense" Sora said a bit sad but still understanding it.

"Yeah we understand that, but you three have to go?" Riku asked.

"Let me explain to you, since you two are the best of the best that we have I thought it would be best if just you two to go on this mission as for Mickey, Donald and Goofy, they’ll help Kairi and Lea with their training" Yen Sid explained them.

Yen Sid was right, Sora and Riku were the strongest keybladers around the worlds and if they team up they could do anything, so it makes sense that just the two of them to go on this mission so they nodded in understanding.

"But don't worry guys if something happens the three of us will go and help you" Mickey said with a smile.

"Thanks Mickey" Riku said with a smile.

"So just you and me, eh Riku?" Sora said with smile while he put his arm around his shoulder.

"Yep like in the mark of mastery exam, before the slip of course" Riku said with a smile while crossing his arms.

"Hehe. Yeah" Sora said.

"Welp guys, the coordinates are already scheduled in the navigator of the gummi ship, good luck guys" Mickey said with a big smile.

"Thanks your majesty" Sora said with a smile, but Riku look at him with an annoyed face with his arms crossed and Sora saw it and he felt a little awkward.

"Ehh... I mean Mickey" Sora corrected himself and Riku smiled at him and gave him a nod, since he told him to call him just Mickey.

"Good luck Sora and Riku, I have faith that you two will succeed in your mission" Yen Sid said to the young heroes.

"Thank you Master Yen Sid" Sora and Riku said at the same time as bowed down their heads.

"See ya later" Goofy said to them.

"Don't let Sora drive the gummi ship!" Donald said to Riku, which made Sora a bit annoyed and made Riku chuckle a bit

"Take care guys" Mickey said to Sora and Riku

"See you guys" Sora said

"Good-bye" Riku said and the two boys left through the door and headed to the gummi ship, they boarded the ship and the gummi ship blasted off into the vast space.

***

Riku was driving the gummi ship while Sora was in the co-pilot seat looking at space.

"Hmm. Looks like this world is bit far, it will take a while to reach it" Riku said.

"I see. Hey Riku when was the last time apart from the keyblade master exam that we were teaming up?" Sora asked him.

"When we faced Xemnas" he answered him, remembering when they faced Xemnas at The World That Never Was not much long ago.

"Yeah, but I mean in a duo, just you and me" he said to him.

"Well we beat Xemnas in a duo, but being a duo in a mission... I guess we never did it until the keyblade master exam before we split up" Riku said to Sora, it was true, even if they were the best of friends they never were a duo in a mission before they beat Xemnas and the keyblade master exam before they were separated.

"Well in that case, good thing that we're in this mission as a duo" Sora said with a big smile.

"Hehe. yeah you're right Sora" Riku said with a smile and he extended his fist to him and Sora chuckled and he bumped fists with Riku.

"I wonder what we’ll see in this new world" Sora said changing the topic.

"Who knows? But if you ask me, we've practically seen everything by now, don't you think?" Riku asked him.

Riku was right, traveling through the world's allowed them to see too many things so by now there are not many things that could impress them.

"Hmm. Maybe you're right, but who knows? Maybe yes maybe not" Sora said to Riku and he nodded "I think I could make more friends there too" Sora said changing the topic again.

"Well, that's your thing Sora, always making new friends, you're like the guy that is friends with everyone in every world" Riku said with a smile.

"Well I guess, but it could be your chance to make more friends too man!" he said to Riku with a big smile

"I have several friends" Riku said to Sora.

"Yeah but it's always fun to make new friends, and since you have some little problems with this I could help you to overcome them" Sora explained to him.

Riku thought for a moment, he has indeed some problems making friends, but it was easier with Sora, but not on his own, so maybe this could be his chance to finally overcome those and Sora’s right, it's always nice make more friends.

"Hmm. You know what? You're right Sora, maybe it's time to get rid of my problems, but of course you reminded me what friendship is when I forgot it completely" Riku said to Sora.

"Hehe. Well that's what best friends are for" he said to Riku with a big smile.

Riku smiled at his words.

"And don't worry Riku, if you have problems I can teach you one or two things about friendship" Sora said joking a bit.

"Hahaha. If that happens then I'll call you" Riku said joking a bit too.

"Hey, I think we're here" Sora said.

The two boys looked at the world in front of them, it was shrouded in light a bit, the two of them pointed out that maybe it was because of the source of light, they also could see a building with some sort of statue in front.

"It looks like... a castle?" Sora tried to guess.

"No, it's something else, it's too small to be one" Riku said.

"Then what could that building be?" Sora asked.

"Well there's only one way to find out, let's land there" Riku said preparing the landing.

"Alright" Sora said getting ready for the landing.

The ship began to close in on the new world, making it possible to have a better view of the building and its surroundings, Riku pulled up with all his might on the wheel, and he turned the gummi ship around to see building better.(the Music stops)

The building was a large, two-story building shaped like a wide ‘U’ in the direct center of it. A medieval tower on top of a glass dome sat on the roof. The gray statue in the front was big as well, depicting a horse rearing up. At the back of the building, Sora and Riku could make out a field, complete with soccer nets and bleachers. The more the boys examined this world, the more it reminded them of something.

"It's a High School?" Sora pondered aloud, raising a brow.

"Looks like it" Riku said and then he turned around to see the other side and they could see a city, they also noticed that it was night time.

"Hmm, then if we enter from here that means that the six people that we're looking for could come here, maybe they are students or teachers" Sora pointed out.

"Most likely. Hey Sora its been like a year since we went to school" Riku said reminding him that neither of them went back to their school at Destiny Islands.

"Well yeah, since last year we were being self-taught and our parents didn't mind that we didn't get back there since they understood that they we're keybladers and we didn't have time to go to school" Sora said.

"Right, but as long we're here we could take the chance to have a normal teenager life, at least for some days" Riku suggest, Sora thought for a moment and he was right, they just have a few days to rest in Destiny Islands, but not enough to have a normal life, since a year ago, so it would be nice to try to be normal boys just for a few days at least.

"Yeah, you're right Riku, it would be nice to be normal boys and go to this school while we're here" Sora said accepting Riku's suggestion.

"Alright, well I'll land on the roof, since there's no other place to park the ship" Riku said.

"Ok let's hope no one would find it" Sora said a bit worried, since they'll have to keep the worlds' order.

Riku approached, he steadily lowered the Gummi Ship while leveling it at the same time, keeping his aim near the glass dome. With professional skill, he grounded the vessel with a dull thud without a scratch.

"Nicely done Riku, Donald would be proud" Sora said with a smile

"Hehe thanks Sora, well it's night time here, let's go to sleep, tomorrow we'll search for the source" Riku said as he got up and walked to the bedroom of the ship.

"Yeah, you're right" he said as he followed suit.

Sora jumped into his bunk and Riku did the same.

"Good night Riku" Sora said to him.

"Same here" he replied, and the two of them fell asleep.

***

Just below the school a corridor of darkness appeared right beside the statue of a horse with its forelegs in the air, and emerging from it, a young man in a black coat with the hood up, he took a few steps and stood right in front of the school keeping his gaze on the school, not looking to the rest of his surroundings.

"...On this land shall darkness prevail and light expire. The future; it’s already been written... These facts cannot be changed... And no one cannot rewrite the events that are destined to happen..." The young man said keeping his gaze to the school, never looking somewhere else, then a corridor of darkness appeared behind him and he turn around and walked into it.

"No one..." he said right before entered the corridor of darkness and it disappeared.

***

In a room very far from that school was a girl named Twilight Sparkle, she was alone except that she was with her loyal pet Spike, but he was asleep. Twilight was leaning against the frame of her window and she was looking at the stary sky night with her thoughts and she sighed.

"This is way too hard... Trying to get used to my new life and learning about friendship, but the guilt from what I’ve done to Sunset and her friends is eating me away, I don't know what I can do, even if my family or my friends try to help me their words don't help me much, I can barely look at somebody at school, I hope that things will soon get better, maybe I should go with Sunset and the others to ask them for help. She thought about her current situation, then she saw a shooting star in the sky and she knew what it meant, that she could wish for something.

"...I wish that someone could help me with my problems, to teach me about friendship, someone that I can call a friend, someone that... Loves me truly..." She said and in the last part of her wish a tear fell out from her eye and the tear shone for a second and ended up falling to the ground. Then she went to bed, not knowing that her wish already came true, that there is a certain hero that can help her and to teach her about friendship...

To Be Continued...