• Published 2nd Nov 2015
  • 8,590 Views, 519 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Heart of the Twilight - Sora Sentry



When Sci Twilight met a boy, her darkness will shine by a light that she never seen, the emptiness of her heart will be fill and a brand-new feeling will be born within it...

  • ...
23
 519
 8,590

Chapter 3: First Day of School

Riku felt like he was falling. No, not falling. Floating? or Gliding downwards? He couldn't really say what he was feeling, but he couldn't see either, he didn't have the strength to open his eyes. Then he felt that he landed softly on some kind of floor. Somehow, he was able to open his eyes, he saw only darkness. He began to sit upright to view his surroundings, still darkness, except for the floor. He knew where he was, in the heart of a person, but who? Sora's? Riku then looked down to know which heart he was in. And when he did he was very surprised... He was on a stained glass platform with Sunset Shimmer on it.

"That's Sunset, but she looks different. The image must be from her past, but I gotta say that she looks... Very pretty" Riku thought about Sunset's image as he blushed a bit. He looked to the other circles within the platform and she saw other girls "I recognize those girls, those are Sunset's friends, except that one" Riku thought looking to the circle of an unknown girl "I guess that must be Twilight, so that's how she looks or at least how she used to look" Riku thought remembering Twilight's situation. "But, why am I here? Do I have some sort of connection with Sunset? There's a reason for me to be here?" Riku thought wondering why he was in Sunset's heart.

Your heart...

"Who's there?!" Riku demanded when he heard the unknown voice, he turned around several times but there wasn't anyone.

Your heart is just like hers...

"Like hers?" Riku repeated the last part, then he looked down to Sunset's image and he thought for a moment. "Could it be that Sunset and I are similar?" Riku thought out loud.

You and her are tied to the dawn, you and her wandered in the darkness and you and her were saved by your most dear friends...

Riku gasped in surprised, he couldn't believe that Sunset had been through the same things as him. He lowered his head by the thought of her suffering by the darkness.

And now... You and her are in the dawn of a new day.

He looked up to the dark sky still thinking about the similarities he has with Sunset.

But... There is a clear difference that you have with her... Unlike you, who mastered the darkness and used it for good, she mastered the light within her, but you haven't mastered your light completely, haven't you?

"No, I haven't. I just use a bit of my light powers, the more that I use are my dark powers" Riku said to the voice remembering all of his fights and his dominion over the darkness in his heart.

In another way to say it: She's like you, but at the same time you and her are opposite, she's brighter than you.

Riku lowered his head at the voice's words as put his right hand on his chest. The voice was right, the first time he saw her he could feel the bright light within her and he felt a little strange now, knowing that he is like Sunset but at the same time he's her opposite.

Do you want to have more power over the light in your heart?

"Huh?" Riku looked to the sky a bit surprised by that question.

Now that you have mastered the darkness in you heart, you have to master the light in your heart, that way you could become even stronger, to protect those that matter to you.

Riku was interested by this proposal, he could have a chance not only to control completely the light in his heart, but also to become stronger than he is now.

"How can I do it?" Riku asked to the voice wanting to know how he could master his light.

You just have to open your heart to hers. Her light will make yours stronger

Riku blushed at that "Do I have to open my heart to Sunset to become stronger?" Riku thought still blushed.

Do you accept?

"I have the chance to become stronger and control completely the light within me, but to do it I have to open my heart to her, since her light will make mine stronger. Well I'm very curious about her past right now and well if this would make me stronger to protect the things that matter to me then... Riku thought as he lowered his head and closed his eyes and put his right hand on his chest, then he raised his head up and opened his eyes

"I accept" Riku declared.

The decision is taken.

A door appeared in front of him.

Use your key to open the door and the road to master your light will begin.

Riku then summoned his Keyblade, the Way to the Dawn, and he held it up in front of the door. Then a beam of light came out of the keyblade and it touched the door, and the door opened and a bright light came out of the door, it was so bright that he had to raise his Keyblade in front of his face to see and he walked to the door, as he walked close to the door the light was getting brighter and brighter, so Riku closed his eyes as he walked into the light.(Music stops)

***

Riku woke up and he got up out of his bunk and then he walked outside of the Gummi ship. He saw that it was about dawn, Riku was glad of it, since he likes to watch the dawn. He walked closer to the edge of the roof and watched the sunrise.

"Sunset Shimmer... How much you are like me?" He thought out loud as he kept watching the sun raising, it was a beautiful sight.(Music stops)

***

Sora woke up and he jumped out of his bunk, but he didn't see Riku, so he walked outside of the Gummi ship and saw him looking at the horizon with his arms crossed.

"Hey Riku, good morning!" He greeted his best friend.

"Huh?" Riku turned his head and saw him, he hadn't noticed him since he just kept thinking about Sunset "Good morning Sora" he greeted him.

"Hey, what's wrong Riku?" He asked him "You were like in the clouds" Sora said since he noticed that Riku hadn't noticed him.

"Nothing, just thinking" He said to him.

"About what?" He asked him.

"Um... Uh about our first day of classes" He lied to him, since he thought he couldn't tell him about his dream yet.

"Well I know we didn't go to school in a year, but don't worry we'll get use to it in no time" Sora cheered him up with his usual smile and Riku smile as well and he nodded

"Well it's too early, we still have time to eat something before we go" Riku said to Sora and he nodded. The two boys ate some of the food that they have in the Gummi Ship and they walked to staircase that was on the roof and into the School.

***

Sunset Shimmer and her friends arrived at the school and they just sat on the stairs in front of the main door until it was time to go to classes.

"Hey girls" Sunset called her friends to get their attention.

"What's up Sunset?" Rainbow asked her.

"Well there's something that I thought about" Sunset said to them.

"Is it about that boy Riku?" Rarity tried to guess with a sly smile and Sunset suddenly blushed and looked to the other side, but she looked back at her friends.

"Yeah, well not just him, but also his friend. Do you think they would come here today?" Sunset asked them.

"Well they could" Fluttershy said.

"Why do ya ask?" Applejack asked her.

"Just a feeling" She said as she shrugged.

"Well I'm pretty sure they would" Rarity said putting her right hand on her hip.

"Hey, you girls remember that the students of Crystal Prep Academy will come here today?" Sunset asked them to see if they would remember and they nodded.

"It was to re-make the friendship games, since the last time they cheated, right?" Rainbow asked in confirmation and Sunset nodded.

"This time nothing could go wrong and since it's Monday and Twilight, the one from this world is here!" Pinkie said very excited.

"Yeah, we have to speak with her at once, I got a bad feeling that she could be not so good" Sunset said putting her two hands on her chest.

"We all are Sunset, but don't worry, we will" Rainbow said with a smile as she surrounded her with her left arm and she smiled as well and the rest of the girls smiled as well.

***

Sora and Riku were walking through a hallway with a blue tiled floor and walls covered in green lockers with the occasional door. The only thing they didn’t see were any students walking around.

"Guess we came a bit too early" Sora said putting his hands in his pockets.

"Well I'm sure we'll find someone soon" Riku said to Sora.

"Okay. Hey the school looks well inside too" Sora said looking to all the hallways and Riku nodded in agreement. The two boys kept walking through the hallway looking for someone.

"Excuse me, young ones." Someone said behind them, they turned around to see who it was. It was an older woman with light blue skin, deep blue eyes, her hair was two tones of blue, one dark, one slightly lighter, with three tufts at the top of her head, she was wearing a white collared, purple shirt with a crescent moon symbol on the collar, dark blue pants, and regal-looking silver high heeled shoes with pointed tips. Sora and Riku walked closer to her to talk with her.

"Are you new students here?" The women asked them.

"Yes ma'am, we are" Riku said to the woman.

"Well, it's nice to meet you two, I’m Vice Principal Luna" Luna introduced herself to the young heroes.

"I'm Sora, nice to meet you too Vice Principal Luna" Sora introduced himself to Luna with a smile

"And I'm Riku" Riku introduced himself to Luna as well. Luna gave them a smile.

"It seems you two are good boys" She said and they nodded "Well I am sure you’re going fit in just fine" Luna said to them with a smile.

"Thanks Vice Principal" Sora said with a smile

"Excuse me Vice Principal Luna, but can you tell us where's the Principal's office?" Riku asked to Luna.

"You're referring to my sister, well of course it's in the next hallway, third door on your right" Luna said to them.

"Thank you, well bye" Sora said and he and Riku went to the Principal's office.

Sora and Riku found themselves at the door of the Principal's office.

"Okay Sora before we go in I want you to let me do the talking" Riku said to Sora.

"Why?" Sora asked.

"Well, you're not a good liar and even if it's not ok to lie to the Principal you know the rules Sora" Riku said reminding him that no one has to know that they come from another world.

"Hmmm. Yeah you're right, I'm not good at lying" Sora agreed with him and Riku began to knock on the door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Come in." a voice said from the other side of the door.

Sora and Riku walked into the office and they saw an older woman with very light pink skin, deep purple eyes, her hair was like a type of rainbow of blue, green, and pink with three tufts at the top of her head, she was wearing a golden yellow one button jacket with a brooch shaped like a sun, a white and purple undershirt, a purple bracelet on each wrist, purple pants, and regal-looking golden high heeled shoes with pointed tips. She looked at them with a smile and they greeted her with a smile their own.

"Are you the Principal ma'am?" Sora asked her kindly.

"Yes, I’m Principal Celestia" Celestia introduced himself to the two boys.

"I'm Sora, nice to meet you" Sora introduced himself to Celestia.

"I'm Riku, nice to meet you too" Riku introduced himself to Celestia as well.

"All right, take a seat please" She said to them and they obliged and sat down in the chairs in front of her desk.

"First of all I’m impressed that you arrived early on your first day here, that's a good way to begin here" She said glad that they were here early and they nodded in thanks.

Principal Celestia asked Sora and Riku questions regarding their previous education. Their school, their teachers, and their studies and their former home. Riku was the one who answered her half-telling the truth to her, he told her they lived in a distant island, their school and studies as for Sora he just remained in silence. Principal Celestia told Sora and Riku that she has everything she needs from them and dismissed them. She gave them directions to Miss Cheerilee's class, one of their new classes at Canterlot High.

"Ok thanks, Principal Celestia." Sora said as he and Riku walked towards the door.

Principal Celestia was going over Sora's and Riku's orientation papers after they left, and she figured something out.

"Heheheh. Those two are really good boys, just like he told me they would be" Celestia said with a smile.(Music stops)

***

Sora and Riku went to their assigned lockers to pick up their school supplies and notebooks, since Principal Celestia told them that in their lockers they would find all that they need for their classes. Sora was glad of that, but Riku was a bit confused, because it was almost like if the Principal was expecting them, also he felt something off in all of this, normally at a school registration they would need their parents or another adult responsible for them to do the process, but he didn't mind it much, since they both were in a different world so the school system would be different here than in their home. The two boys went to the class with Miss Cheerilee, it was easy for Riku since he's the smartest of the trio as for Sora it took a bit more effort for him to understand it but he did. Two hours have passed and Sora and Riku got out from the classroom and went looking for the cafeteria for lunch.

"It wasn't so hard" Riku said as he was walking with Sora.

"Yeah it wasn't but it took me more time to get it" Sora said to Riku.

"Well it's our first day here, you'll get used to it" Riku said to Sora and he nodded.

"I wonder where Flash is" Sora said changing the topic "He said he would meet us today"

"Well he maybe he’s in another part of the school, we can look for him later, first let's find the cafeteria, it's lunch time" Riku said and Sora nodded again.

Sora and Riku found a set of double doors, Riku opened the door enough to see what was on the other side.

"Well this is the cafeteria" Riku said to Sora with a smile.

"Cool, then let's go" Sora said with a smile as well.

"Yeah, but before that let's go back to our lockers, to put our stuff in there" Riku said and Sora nodded.

They returned to their lockers, that curiously are next to each other, to put their stuff in there and they went back to the cafeteria fast. Sora and Riku entered it and they saw a lot of students there, the place was very lively, everyone talking with each other as they ate their lunches. The two boys were glad to see that everybody are friends with each other even though they had different hobbies. Sora and Riku walked in line for lunch and they picked up some trays and they gathered their lunch and something to drink, then they met a green-skinned elderly woman.

"I never saw you here before, are you new here?" The old women asked them.

"Yes" Riku answered her.

"In that case I'll give you this" she gave each of them an apple "One of the sweetest apples that ya could ever eat for each of you" She said with a smile.

"Thank you very much ma'am" Sora said with a smile

"My my you're a very good boy" the lady said to Sora as she pinched his cheek.

"Um sure" He said while he was rubbing his cheek and the two boys walked to sit on a table.

"Guys!" a familiar voice called them and they turned around and saw Flash with a smile.

"Hey Flash" Sora said to him with a smile.

"What's up?" Riku asked him.

"No much, but where have you guys been?" He asked them "I've been looking for you since I got here"

"Well we arrived too early and we met the Principals" Riku explained.

"Oh too bad I wanted to do it, but it's ok" Flash said as he shrugged.

"Can we sit with you?" Sora asked him.

"Of course dude" He said with a smile, Sora and Riku were glad to have a friend in this new world. The two boys sat with Flash and his friends and they were chatting as they ate their lunch.

***

Sunset saw them since they entered the cafeteria and she was very surprised to see them here.

"Well I guess you were right Sunny, Riku and his friend came here" Pinkie said to her.

"See? It's destiny darling, you and Riku" Rarity said to her with a sly smile and she blushed.

"Well I can trust Riku but we don't know about his friend" Rainbow said looking at Sora.

"C'mon Rainbow, that other boy looks to be a good one, my granny don't pinch cheeks very frequently" Applejack said to Rainbow.

"I agree Rainbow Dash, that cute boy can't be evil with a smile like his" Rarity said to her as she kept her sight on Sora.

"But Rarity we don't even know his name" Fluttershy said.

"Well maybe we should just ask him" Rarity suggested.

"Maybe, but not now" Sunset said.

"I get it, it's just you don't want to get near Riku yet, isn't it?" Rainbow said with a sly smile and Sunset got more blushed.

"It's not just that, but I'm still thinking that there's something familiar about Riku and his friend, but I still don't know what it is" Sunset said looking at both Sora and Riku.

***

Sora, Riku, Flash and his friends got out of the cafeteria.

"Well we gotta go guys, we have band practice in the music room, you can pass the time exploring the school and we’ll see you later" Flash said to Sora and Riku.

"Okay then, see ya later" Riku said.

"Bye" Sora said and Sora and Riku left Flash and his friends.

Sora and Riku arrived at the main lobby, with banners and display cases with horses on every single one, they were looking at their surroundings and they were about to walk toward the main door and go outside.(music stops)

"Hello Sora and Riku" they heard a familiar voice and they turned around to see who it was, it was Celestia and Luna was at her side.

"Hello Principal" Sora said to Celestia.

"Is something wrong?" Riku asked her.

"No it's nothing, it's just that we wanted to talk to you" Luna said to them.

"Oh okay, about what?" Sora asked.

"On how the two of you remind us of ourselves when we were your age" Celestia said with a smile at them.

"Really?" Riku asked a bit surprised.

"Yes, we're not just sisters, Tia and I had been friends since our childhood" Luna said with a smile.

"Heheh. That's funny, Sora and I had been friends since the day we were born" Riku said to the principals

"Yes and I'm sure you're not just best friends, the way that you two care for each other and the bonds you have it makes you two brothers in heart" Celestia said to them with a warm smile and Sora and Riku couldn't help do the same.

"As long you two are friends you can do anything and that things would be easier for you here" Luna said with a smile.

"Yeah, exactly" Sora said keeping his smile.

"Well we got to go do work, we just wanted to say that and see if you were doing okay here" Celestia said to them.

"Yeah, Principal Celestia we are doing just fine" Sora said still with the same smile and Celestia smiled as well.

"Well take care boys" Luna said and the principals left.

***

Luna and Celestia were walking back to their respective offices but their smile never left their face.

"It's still hard to believe that what he told us two days ago was correct, Sora and Riku's friendship is too much like ours when we were their age" Luna said to Celestia.

"Yes, it's good to have them study here, and I'm sure they’ll do well once they meet Sunset and her friends" Celestia said to Luna and she nodded and they continue walking to their offices.

***

Sora and Riku were sitting on the stairs in front of the main door thinking about what the principals told them.

"Say Riku, you think we'll keep being friends like the Principals?" Sora asked a bit worried.

"Of course Sora, you don't have to worry, we've been friends since the day you came to life so we'll kept it like this forever" Riku assured him with a smile.

Sora chuckled at this "Yeah, best friends forever!" Sora said with a big smile.

"No, not just best friends" Riku said to Sora "Brothers forever" Riku said with a warm smile as he raised his fist and Sora chuckled and did the same and they bumped their fists.

"Brothers forever" Sora said with a warm smile.(Music stops)

***

Sora and Riku were walking through a hallway, to know the school better and a cloud of smoke appeared in front of them and when it disappeared there was a girl with ice blue skin, violet eyes, silver hair with a purple, yellow trimmed star clip in it, she was wearing a dark blue zip-up jacket with light blue star marks on its elbows, yellow cloth at the ends of the sleeves and on the bottom, a purple undershirt, a purple skirt with an image of a wand standing next to a crescent moon and a light blue sparkling trim, and dark blue knee-high shoes with purple, single yellow stripe cloth at the top, purple, star marked tongue, purple with a light blue stripe at the toes, and light blue soles.

"I am the Great and Powerful Trixie!" Trixie bragged introducing herself.

"Uhhh ok? I'm Sora and this is my best friend Riku" Sora introduced himself and Riku, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"But why did you just appear like that?" Riku asked her.

"That's simple, you two are new here and I wanted to make sure you know who I am, since I'm the best thing that this school can offer" Trixie answered him as she put her left hand over her chest.

"So um... What do you do?" Sora asked her.

"I'm glad that you asked, well I'm a magician and a musician, alongside my two faithful assistants/bandmates, that actually are here with me" Trixie said as other two girls walked to her side, one had pale fuchsia skin, such as her name, short, deep purple hair, and baby blue eyes, and the other had lavender skin, much like her name as well, two-toned blonde hair, and purple eyes, they're wearing the exact same thing, dark purple, collared capes over their shoulders, lighter purple dresses with light blue cloth below their skirts and gold sashes at their midsections, and black tights, but the only differences in their outfits are the brooches for their capes, in which the first girl's is light blue and and the second girl's is royal purple, and their boots, which were the same main color but the first girl's had purple straps and white tongues and the tops of the second girl's appeared folded down and laced with gold at its ends.

"These are Fuchsia Blush and Lavender Lace" Trixie introduced them to Sora and Riku.

"So you do magic and you three are a band?" Sora asked.

"Exactly" Trixie said with a proud smile.

"Right 'magic'" Riku said as crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

"What? You don't believe us? Or you just don't like our magic?" Fuchsia asked Riku a bit mad.

"It's not that, it's just that I basically saw too much on my life and there's not too many things that can impress me now" Riku said.

"Oh. In that case you will be very impressed if you go to see our next show" Trixie said to him.

"And don't forget to go and see our next concert" Lavender said to the boys.

"We'll think about it" Sora said to them.

"Another thing" Trixie said to them "You two are very different from any other boys that I ever met, that's very interesting" She said to them.

"Thanks I guess" Sora thank to her.

"Especially you, Riku wasn't it?" She said looking at Riku.

"Me?" He asked pointing at himself with his left hand.

"Yeah, you're more attractive than any other boy that I ever met, and I like that" Trixie said in a seductive tone a bit blushed "You and I have both silver hair and that's very attractive to me"

"Uhh. Sure thanks for that, but Sora and I have things to do so I guess we'll you see later" Riku said as he walked off and Sora followed the suit.

Trixie just watched him leave.

"Finally appears a boy that I want for myself" She said with a smile on her face.(Music stops)

***

Sora and Riku were walking through the other hallway a bit uncomfortable by what just happened.

"That was weird" Sora said.

"Yeah, that girl Trixie is a bit weird" Riku said.

"Yeah, but at least she's funny" Sora said with a smile and Riku nodded.

"I bet she only knows how to do optical illusions" Riku said as he put his right hand in his pocket.

"Well yeah, that's what fake magic is" Sora said as he put his hands on the back of his head and Riku nodded "But she looked at you weird, I think she likes you man" Sora said.

"Well I saw that coming, just look at me, the girls would kill for someone like me" Riku said.

"But I know you already like someone else" Sora said with a sly smile and Riku blushed.

"It's not a good moment to talk about Sunset right now" Riku said still blushed and a bit mad.

"Say we should look for her and ask her about Twilight" Sora said remembering that Sunset is Twilight's best friend.

"Yeah, you're right" Riku said a bit unsure since his last dream is still in his head. The two boys kept walking now looking for Sunset.(music stops)

***

Twilight was alone, well to be exact she was with her pet Spike, but he was inside her backpack. She was at the library reading a bit before going to her friends, also she was thinking how she would tell them about Sora, and she was a bit worried since they're going to re-make the friendship games and also she was worried about what would happen now since the last time things didn't end so well, but now she was on a different side so maybe the things would be different this time.

"Well today is the day. I will tell the others about Sora, but also today is when my old fellows will come, I don't know what to do, I hope Sunset can do something about it" She thought and then she closed the book she was reading and grabbed her backpack and walked toward the exit "I'll know who you really are Sora..." She thought knowing that Sora was hiding something and she will find out what it is.

To Be Continued...