• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 324 Views, 2 Comments

The Moon Worshiper After the Fact: Dream Wedding. - CreatureofTheNight



Oh what a glorious day! Princess Luna and Dark Sidewinder are finally getting married. However, there is one last stop to make before it's official.

  • ...
4
 2
 324

The Moon Princess and her Prince

The bells tolled and chimed with heavenly bliss as the bells rang, the moon rose high in the sky as it shined upon the altar where a very nervous Dark stood in place, looking at the arrangements. His nerves were at an all time high, this is it, this is the ultimate step. He looked to his left and saw General with Mayor Mare sitting next to each other, the latter of whom leaning on the strong hearted military pony. He smiled as he saw all the mane 6 minus Twilight sitting in the front row looking at Dark with a smile as they praised their friend for finally making this far. With such a smile from their mouths and their hearts that Dark couldn't help but smile back. Chrysalis was there as well, two rows ahead of her subjects who were still kind of scared of her, all but one. Little Chomper sat next to his Queen as they both looked on, it was a start for Chrysalis of course. One row ahead of them was Fang sitting next to an empty seat looking on enjoying the quiet.

Behind him was his best stallion and friend, Starnight looking at him with a smirk as if congratulating him. Dark's nerves eased as he looked at the podium. Since Celestia was Luna's Maid of Honor, and Cadence barely knows Dark, the role of the priest was being played by the only princess left, Twilight Sparkle. If Dark could be entirely honest, it was like a blessing from Celestia herself, and probably planned by his future in law now that he stopped and thought about it.

Suddenly he heard the trained birds from Fluttershy, who got out from her seat to lead, begin their sweet chirping of here comes the bride as Dark finally found his nerves easing away, destroyed by the beauty of his fiancé walking down the isle, her sister right beside her as Celestia was her only truly surviving family member, or at least the only one that wasn't dead or in Tartarus. In front of them was the CMC, who practically begged to be Luna's flower girls as a thank you for all she's done for them. Celestia smiled with a sweet tears in her eyes as they came to close, her own version of liquid pride, as Shining Armor put it, showing.

However, what Dark focused on the most was his beautiful fiancé, she looked positively elegant, her dress was designed by Rarity of course, and the white unicorn did a wonderful job, as she made Luna not only pull off the traditional white wedding dress, but she also made it clear that Luna was the Princess of the Night. Luna smiled warmly as they made eye contact through Luna's veil.

Dark whispered "You look beautiful"

Luna smiled and said "Thank you, you look great yourself"

Twilight began and said "Fillies, Gentelcolts, Mares, Stallions, and even Changelings, welcome. As I look around the room today, I feel like today's day is more than just a wedding, it's the ultimate culmination of a long journey between two ponies whose lives started in the dark, and came out into the light. Dark's practical worship of Princess Luna, and his own journeys and trials have touched the lives of every pony here, from my own heart to even the heart of one thought to be our enemy." She smiled as she looked at Chrysalis's big old grin, as Twilight went to Princess Luna. "And of course Princess Luna's own journey, from one of the worst monsters Equestria has ever faced to one of it's most important figures. She's truly a pony to be admired and beloved, and while many of us don't quite understand the dark, we don't fear it as much as we used to, because know that we have our beloved night guardian there. These two have gone through so much, and the fact that they found each other is truly inspiring. Now, the couple has insisted on writing their own vows, so Dark would you mind starting."

Dark smiled and said "Thank you Twilight." He cleared his throat and said "Luna I'm so grateful for all you have done for me. You have turned this weak little nobody into someone great. Now it's my turn to return the favor. I will protect you, no matter what, I swear that you will have nothing more than my absolute loyalty, my love, and my passion. That is a promise that I can never break, until the day I die"

Twilight then asked for Princess Luna who smiled deeply behind her veil. "Dark, I'm so glad you came into my life. You've helped not only Equestria, but myself grow in ways you can not possibly imagine. I know that this can't last forever, however...I will do everything in my power to make our time together full of magic. That is a promise from me to you, I love you."

Dark responded with "I love you too"

Twilight smiled already knowing their awnsers, but tradition and all. "Do you Dark Sidewinder take Princess Luna to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" Dark said with a smile.

"And do you Princess Luna take Dark Sidewinder as your lawfully wedded husband?" Twilight asked as Luna smiled.

Luna responded with "I do"

"Than by the power invisted in me as a Princess of Equestria, I now pronounce you Colt and Mare. You may kiss the bride" Twilight said as Dark did just that.

The two kissed as the crowd erupted in thunderous applause for the two, however neither could hear it. The two broke both with happy tears getting to this point. They both looked at the crowd and took a bow, the moon glistening above shining down upon them as if it was giving it's own approval.

Luna smiled as the two walked down the isle together heading towards their new life together, a life that they will never forget nor they will never regret, with the moon shining above.

Author's Note:

I know this is late but...

Happy One Year Anniversary Everyone

I've got...a lot of people to thank.

I have to thank Oak Sabletwist for all the hard work put in to the cover art and OC art as well as some edits done for me

I have to thank Harm's Way for his hard work in editing my most popular stories (Though why they are my most popular stories amazes me)

I have to thank Bewhour and Livelife for restoring my confidence as a writer.

I have to thank ZeusMacD for the YT Dub of Let the Monster Rise

I have to thank Obscuruptus and Chaos Fox for being great buddies of mine.

I, of course, have to thank my 35 followers, you guys are the reason why I do what I do, I may not have a lot of fans on this site, however the fans I do have, I love because every fan I have I feel I have earned, and will always cherish them.

Now here's the question I'm sure to get. "Why another Moon Worshiper story?"

Well simple really, the Moon Worshiper while easily my most hated story, and probably my least loved series, is where I started, and it holds a special place in my heart. It just felt right to give the story some closure.

However, I have tons of new projects lining up, not the least bit being an origin story to my OC (My avatar not Dark) which I plan on writing soon. So for all of you who have stuck with me this past year...thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comments ( 2 )

OMG! :O I shall attend this wedding o3o *grabs my dress and ones out le door*

Login or register to comment