• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 324 Views, 2 Comments

The Moon Worshiper After the Fact: Dream Wedding. - CreatureofTheNight



Oh what a glorious day! Princess Luna and Dark Sidewinder are finally getting married. However, there is one last stop to make before it's official.

  • ...
4
 2
 324

Chrysalis's Lament

Well this was unexpected.

Chrysalis thought that she would never be invited to a wedding again…definitely after the last one. Truth be told, it was nice to actually be invited to this one instead of having to impersonate a Princess to harvest love for a starving population, not to mention her own greed.

Now, she could laugh it off: it was Cadence of all ponies who had given her the invite to Dark and Luna's wedding. She really did need to hang out with Cadence more often…though it would probably be incredibly awkward, especially with Shining Armour there. Could they ever really be friends after the stunt she had pulled?

However, when her mind drifted to Shining, the groom of the wedding popped into her head, Dark Sidewinder. Ah, her favourite thestral. If she confessed, despite what she had told him during the royal ball in celebration of the changeling alliance with ponies, she really hadn't gotten over him quite yet.

She sighed as she remembered Dark's kind actions towards her, especially when she was at her most vulnerable after the big revelation of the Changeling Kingdom being in Tartarus:

Chrysalis sighed “I at first ignored his (Fang's) words but...the more I thought about it...the more that Fang's words rang true. I had a plan for selfish vengeance because of my own damaged ego...when...” She looked down truthfully as Dark's special talent came into play once more, he knew what even General and Starnight couldn't deny anymore. “Instead I should have thought of my people...I thought that you wouldn't need to know if you didn't have to”

For a few moments, there was silence…then the General sighed. “I can tell by your voice you're not full of it...but I'm keeping my eye on you from now on” Starnight nodded in agreement than looked at Dark.

Dark walked towards the Changeling Queen and did what he had done for Princess Luna before: He wiped a stray tear that was in her eye and smiled gently. “It's okay...just...don't lie to us again.”

Chrysalis turned slightly red as she nodded saying “Er yes…yes of course.”

Still red in the present, Chrysalis smiled as she remembered her gallant rescuer and how angry he had become when he had thought she was dead. If it wasn't for Luna, Dark probably would have killed Fang for what he did, though secretly she was very grateful he hadn’t.
She wondered if that's just how any hero would act if they saw her death? Of course not, they would be happy to have someone who did such horrible deeds to be six feet under. Karma or some kind of crap like that. However Dark...got angry...Dark...cared about her.

She sighed aloud. “And it's not like the Changelings are exactly lining up to marry me. Fang was the only one who wasn't scared of me, and now he's "playing for the other team" with Starnight,” she muttered. “Don't I deserve that special somepony? I'm the Queen for pete’s sakes there has to be at least one suitor lining up for me."

She turned expectantly and noticed nothing; there was no changeling in sight. They were all too scared of her. They feared her temper, her aggressive take no prisoners personality, or her status. The problem with trying to court your own subjects is that they either feared you or used you for power.

She didn't have a single changeling she could call “her” Dark Sidewinder. Instead, all she got were frightened stares. She'd changed, right? Sure she got annoyed at her changelings when they mess up, but which leader didn’t?

As she kept walking, she tried to bring Dark out of her mind, but his sweet smile and kind heart just refused to leave her in peace. However, as she walked she imagined a future where she and Dark were together. However, every time she imagined it, she noticed something in Dark's eyes. He was faking happiness to make Chrysalis happy, and eventually...he would grow to fear her too.

Maybe the problem wasn’t the changelings or her feelings for Dark, but maybe possibly herself?

She paused and realized that she hasn't exactly been the nicest pony in the world. There were the obvious forms of villainy, but she's a bit temperamental and liked to yell at her subjects for mistakes. She ruled with fear for so long she thought it was the only way to rule.

She sighed as began walking her Kingdom quietly. She looked around and saw the Changelings were packing getting ready for the wedding, all of the Changeling Kingdom was allowed to be there. Well those who weren't overly fanboying over Dark and Luna.

She paused and realized that she hadn’t exactly been the nicest pony in the world. There were the obvious forms of villainy, but she was a bit temperamental and liked to yell at her subjects for mistakes. She would rule with fear for as long as she thought it was the only way to rule.

She sighed as began prowling her Kingdom quietly. She glanced around and saw the Changelings packing, getting ready for the wedding. Most of the changelings were allowed to be there…well, those who weren't overly-fan-boying over Dark and Luna.

Chrysalis raised a hoof. “Attention! To every changeling here…can I ask you all something?" They all turned and stared at her as she flinched. "Am I really scary?” she whispered.

More staring…but softer this time. Eventually a brave little colt waved a hoof in her direction. “A little your majesty" he said sweetly.
"And you all feel this way?" Chrysalis said quietly. Her face fell at the series of nods she received.

The little changeling walked to Chrysalis and suddenly Chrysalis felt her forming tear being wiped away. She paused at the familiar gesture as the child spoke softly. "Don't cry your majesty. I'm scared of you, but you're still pretty cool to me.”
Chrysalis paused at that, and then gently held the little changeling, showing her softer side. She let go and said "Thank you child" She smiled and asked "What's your name?"

"Chomper" replied the little changeling.

"Well than Chomper...I think we're a little late for a wedding" Chrysalis said, getting up. "We should head out"