• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 14,191 Views, 1,970 Comments

A Beautiful New Age - JDPrime22



As it is said, true peace can only be granted through countless innocent lives. In hindsight, the ponies were never that different from humans. Ultron’s plan is not over, and soon his strings will be severed for the last time.

  • ...
22
 1,970
 14,191

PreviousChapters Next
Epilogue 4-It’s Almost Over, You Big Turd Blossom!

The “legendary” outlaw stirred in his chair, his foot tapping in rhythm to his “Awesome Mix”. Volume 2, of course. Not much to say, but he could say it was practically love at first sight…or…listen. It was a good mixtape.

The screen in front of him flashed, went static a couple times, zoomed in, and analyzed with a few buttons pushed. The rest handled itself, the outlaw simply letting the flow of the music take him to far away worlds. He leaned back, the beat pushing him, the exhilarating feeling of his trademarked and personally owned music rocking him. Both heart and soul.

Nearly nothing could ruin such a perfect bond between man and music. They were intertwined in each other, one offering its magic and the other rolling with it, enjoying it for what it offered. He lay back with a goofy grin lost in his stubble, his eyes slowly closing and letting the flow take him.

It had been too long when he opened his eyes again, and even then he barely noticed the flashing lights.

Brow furrowing in concern, his hands reaching up to gently pry the headphones from his ears, the outlaw lifted his feet off the console and studied the star map. Displayed was a simple world, green and brown lands with dark blue oceans, similar to that of Terra, or…Earth. In fact, he almost mistook the world for Earth at first.

He also noticed the amount of raw alien activity on the planet, that of which he had never seen before. He’d been in space a long time, probably got a little frisky with a few too many alien girls, and still he hadn’t seen anything like it. Then again…the galaxy was a big place. Plenty of room to branch out. Explore.

The outlaw leaned forward, the screen illuminating off his eyes. “What’s going on over here…?” he asked no one, tapping away at the console. He watched the planet come a little bit closer, offer a little bit more. Not much. Just a taste. And that was all the outlaw needed before he was smiling like an idiot.

He leaned back, the headphones resting around his neck. Out of all the worlds he’d seen, the planets that were left for dead, civilizations crumbled…he had a feeling this one wouldn’t feel that much different. Just brighter and more pink. Nothing wrong with that.

“Talking alien horses, huh?”

Nothing at all. Wasn’t the weirdest shit he’s seen but—

“What was that?”

The outlaw flinched and spun around in his chair. Four familiar faces strode into the deck, some ducking beneath the strewn wires hanging from the ceiling. A few renovations, personal touches, really. Still, he smiled to see them. He asked, “You guys down for a little pit stop?”

Rocket stopped in his little tracks, staring at the outlaw for a while. The outlaw looked down to the individual he still called a “raccoon”. Even if he didn’t know what it was, it’s what he was.

And Rocket Raccoon just shrugged, mumbling, “Eh, why the hell not?”

He crossed his arms and spun his furry head around, staring straight up expectantly. Gamora smiled at him, then turned to the outlaw and said, “I’ll follow your lead.”

“Why would anyone want to stop near a pit? Don’t they know what type of foul creature might be stirring inside? It’s asinine.”

Everyone stopped what they were doing. Rocket’s arms fell to his side, his entire body spinning around. Gamora looked back with him, a blank look on her face. As for the outlaw, he just sat there, turning his custom swivel chair to the red tattooed-alien. And as for Drax, he just stood in silence, his expression hard, eyes beyond the point of serious.

He nearly missed the little Groot hopping on his shoulder.

“I am Groot,” little Groot said, his voice a high-pitched squeak. As everyone else observed the smaller Groot poking Drax in the side of the head, the outlaw arose from his chair, entering the flight deck and taking his seat in the pilot’s chair. His other chair. He had a lot of chairs.

When he was preparing the coordinates, Rocket hopped up to the seat on his right, asking, “By the way, Quill…what the hell’s a horse?”

Star-Lord just smiled.

“I’ll tell you when you’re older, Rocket. I’ll tell you when you’re older.”

“You’re an ass, ya know that?”

“I learned from the best.”

“I am Groot.”

Author's Note:

This story is officially one year old. :rainbowkiss:

Final epilogue coming soon.

PreviousChapters Next