• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 14,186 Views, 1,970 Comments

A Beautiful New Age - JDPrime22



As it is said, true peace can only be granted through countless innocent lives. In hindsight, the ponies were never that different from humans. Ultron’s plan is not over, and soon his strings will be severed for the last time.

  • ...
22
 1,970
 14,186

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2-No Strings Attached


“Does anything make sense anymore?!”

Princess Luna may or may not have screamed that out loud upon entering her older sister’s dwelling.

The sudden outburst did three things; the first being slamming the door open so hard it created cracks on the wall, the second causing Philomena to screech in terror and start flying across the room, knocking over paintings and ramming into walls, and the third causing Celestia to slowly turn around and eye her sister questioningly.

Luna seemed completely oblivious to the chaos she had stirred, her eyes wide and kept strained on her sister. Celestia—far too tired to allow the commotion to go unsolved—focused a small portion of her magic to subdue the spooked phoenix. The petrified bird stopped in mid-air, her body encased within a golden glow. She was set down back on her stand, shivering slightly as the golden light left her body. Philomena closed her eyes and fell back into slumber as if all that had occurred hadn’t.

Princess Celestia brought her attention back to the bright sun. Her horn glowed brighter than it previously had with all of her magic focused on one act. The letter beneath her rolled tightly on its own as Celestia pushed her unending magic on a simple spell. The letter vanished, presumably to be transported to its expected destination to the Mayor of Fillydelphia’s office.

Celestia sighed, levitating another letter and rolling it up. “For as long as I have lived, Luna, I cannot answer that question.”

“Dear sister, I can assure you of the phenomenon I speak of is worth your attention. You just need to step outside and witness the event for yourself!” Luna practically pleaded, her breast heaving.

“What kind of event are you speaking of, Luna, that would require me to interrupt my royal duties, and you of your slumber?” Celestia asked. She rolled up another scroll and had it vanish into nothing, transported straight to Dodge Junction.

It was nearly ten seconds before Luna answered, and Celestia was already staring back at her, her expression now worried.

Luna’s eyes grew cold, as did her breath, as did her voice, as she finally spoke.

“I cannot say that I have witnessed a meteor shower in broad daylight.”


The castle doors burst open, two Alicorn sisters stepping outside to witness the meteor shower for themselves. The two guards stationed by the front doors hardly even paid much attention to their superiors, instead finding their eyes latched onto the blue heavens.

It was perfectly fine. Celestia and Luna didn’t give them much attention either. Instead, they all stared up, straight up to the sky.

It was just as Luna had explained. Well, partially explained.

Hundreds. Hundreds of blue lights tore across the early noon skylines, creating a type of “meteor shower” that could indeed be seen during the daylight. They fell from nothing, behind the light clouds hanging just above the mountaintop. From there they began their descent. Blue streaks as long as even the mightiest of comet tails fell across the sky, capturing the attention of the entire capital.

Prestigious ponies from all across the city halted their daily routines of sipping tea or shopping to gaze wondrously into the clouds. Even from where they were standing, both Celestia and Luna could see a fairly large crowd growing by the numbers in the streets ahead of them.

Well, things didn’t seem to be causing any harm. The event was strange, sure, but so far it seemed to be just an average meteor shower. It, of course, would need some explanation, possibly the work of the Royal Sisters finally being needed for a strange series of events that could have triggered the phenomena falling above them.

As long as it wasn’t causing any harm, then there was no need to take immediate—

One of the lights impacted a nearby building, spewing bricks and screams across the streets.

That’s where it just started.

One at a time.

More and more of the strange meteors fell towards Canterlot, slamming into numerous buildings and causing a great panic to arise from the citizens of the fair capital. Luna gasped sharply, Celestia’s gaze simply turning cold and worrisome. It wasn’t long until one of the meteors landed directly in the Canterlot Gardens, creating quite the impact with dirt and such flying into the air.

Whatever part of the crowd wasn’t losing their minds turned their attention to the gardens, quickly making their approach.

Celestia acted quickly. “Private, alert nearby squads to the Canterlot Gardens immediately. Keep any and all bystanders away from the crash site.”

The guard to the Alicorn’s right nodded, spreading his wings and taking off. Luna faced the only remaining guard to her left.

She said, “Assert the damage Canterlot has faced at once. Gather your squadrons for search parties near and around the crash sites within the city to make sure there were no wounded. Alert the Lunar Guard to stop anymore meteors from landing in the city. ”

As the second guard disappeared in a flash of light, Luna turned to face the gardens once more, her eyes almost as dark as the rising cloud of smoke building behind the trees and bushes. Without even turning towards her sister, she asked, “What are our priorities then, sister, if our guards see to the major threats?”

Without a second thought, Celestia made her way down the stairs of the castle, only stopping for a second to answer her sister.

“Investigate.”

Spreading her wings and taking off, Luna led the way with Celestia following her actions shortly. The two arrived to the scene of the crash fairly easily, landing several yards behind the already massive crowd grown like weeds surrounding the smoke tower. The Royal Guard arrived soon enough and forcefully shoved the crowd aside to make way for the two rulers.

Screams and complaints assaulted their eardrums, but they paid them no heed as they cautiously approach the large crater. Their hooves soon left the comfort of grass and impacted dirt and rock as they drew nearer, the questioning cries of the ponies around growing stronger.

And then they stopped.

The two sisters stared into the fog within the crater.

For seconds on they just stared. The crowd slowly began to fall silent, and in that silence Princess Celestia finally began to act.

Her horn shined brightly, clearing the dust and smoke and bathing the area in her illuminating glow. Several, unified gasps escaped the crowd, numerous ponies falling back into the hooves of others in shock. Even the guards lined around the crowd stood slack-jawed at the sight of the figure within the crater. Luna, out of all the equines there, took a step forward, her jaw clenched and eyes narrowed.

Celestia’s horn fell dark. As did her heart. As did her view on the aspect of reality.

It was no meteor.

It was torn to shreds.

Its red eyes faded to blue, and then back again.

Through the smoke and ash, felled alongside the streaks of light tearing Canterlot apart, within the crater, it spoke.

No. It didn’t speak.

The crowd had completely fallen silent, and all they could make out from its voice was a single croak, a single message, a single speaking.

No. It didn’t speak.

It sang.

It sang in a dark, twisted voice, muffled in death.

I had…strings…but now…I’m…free…

And then it was silenced.

PreviousChapters Next