• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 14,186 Views, 1,970 Comments

A Beautiful New Age - JDPrime22



As it is said, true peace can only be granted through countless innocent lives. In hindsight, the ponies were never that different from humans. Ultron’s plan is not over, and soon his strings will be severed for the last time.

  • ...
22
 1,970
 14,186

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22-Genesis


His presence held no peace, even if he tried to believe otherwise.

With every footfall closer, ponies backed away, shaking in fear and eyeing the eight foot demon slowly make his entrance into the Grand Galloping Gala. The lighting, the mood, the central theme that was meant to evoke gentle tides and warm greetings was whisked into coldness, leaving behind the Gala’s occupants frozen in its blizzard.

And Ultron and Starlight Glimmer were in the center of that blizzard, unfazed.

The majority of the Gala’s guests took several steps backwards with every step the two would take forward. The minority, consisting primarily of Twilight, the princesses, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Maud Pie, Discord, and the Smooze remained perfectly still. Fluttershy and Tree Hugger joined the crowd gathering around them, lost in its mass.

The remaining Avengers; Stark, Rogers, Thor, and Barton dared not to move, their eyes trained on the AI getting closer and closer. Both Barton and Rogers regretted not bringing their respected weapons. Thor tightened his grip around his hammer’s handle, his knuckles flaring white. Stark…

Tony just stood there.

Watching.

Waiting.

His palms held low and wide open.

His claws rising forward, cutting deep into the solid table to his right.

Making the impression he desired, Ultron ripped his claw away, having left a deadly scar on the table. One that’ll last a lifetime. Bringing that claw forward, Ultron observed the crowd with his fierce, red glare. Only a few stood out, only a few that caught his interests. The Avengers—clearly—but there were others. Others he had yet to know, but felt as if he already knew them.

The group of mares standing next to the two Alicorns. An Alicorn joined them. Make it three.

The questioning and shocked stares they sent his way. No. Not his way. Lower. He looked lower, spotting Starlight sending her venomous smile across the room directly towards the mares. He didn’t forget. It was them. It had to be them. The ones Starlight talked about since the night he first met her.

The ones who took away her everything…

Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy …and Princess Twilight Sparkle. The infamous Elements of Harmony. Protectors of Equestria. There were others, too. Maybe they all weren’t present. Maybe they all were. Ultron really didn’t think too hard about it.

His focus was elsewhere, on something far more important.

The Royal Sisters. The ones Starlight told him all about.

With a half-grin, somewhat forced, Ultron continued onwards, leaving Starlight to glare at her foes from afar like a dog tied to her leash. He stepped in front of her, almost like he was beginning to actually circle the two sisters. They stood their ground, eyes narrowed on the possible hostile.

Ultron’s steps echoed throughout the silent ballroom. “Nice party you got going on here. No, really, I mean it,” he said, voice addressed to the sisters. “It appears though that you have some…unwanted guests. Party crashers. Just the worst.”

He turned his head over a large grouping of ponies. The crowd he neared began to back away. Ultron shot forward, plucking a tall glass of cider from the hoof of a terrified mare.

Holding the drink out in front of him, sharpened fingers underneath the cup, Ultron smiled and offered a polite chuckle. “You know, you…might want to get on that as quickly as possible. You never know what might happen.”

He downed the glass, the cider entering his mouth and flowing down his Vibranium throat.

“It appears so,” Celestia began, taking a step forward alongside her younger sister. “I do not remember sending someone of your…stature a ticket to our prestigious Gala. Perhaps it would be best if you let yourself out.”

Ultron lowered the glass, his stare landing on the white Alicorn, her mane flowing with no wind to guide it. A soft trickling caught his attention, but he didn’t even need to follow its noise. Everypony else turned towards it, a few gasps here and there. Towards his abdomen, the cider leaking out and spilling onto the floor.

He smiled. “You know, its times like these where I wish I had a stomach. That way I could actually enjoy these fresh delicacies. That way I could throw up after hearing every word you just said to me. But then again…”

Ultron crushed the glass into his fists, letting the broken crystal-like shards dance across his feet.

“Where has wishing ever got us?”

“If you are looking for a fight, now of all times, it was not wise of you to search with myself, my sister, the Elements of Harmony, and the Avengers present. We will ask you only one more time,” Princess Luna added in, joining her sister’s side. Her glare was fierce, eyes as black as night and burning with threat.

With hers and her sister’s wings on end, she finished.

“Leave.”

Surprising to many of the Gala’s occupants, Ultron only chuckled, shaking his head once or twice. He lifted his gaze, red eyes landing on the two sisters.

“My quarry is not with you, Your Highnesses, or any of your subjects. All I ask is permission to enter your…Canterlot Archives and search for a certain spell I’ve been meaning to find,” he explained, voice expanding for all ears to hear. He leaned forward. “It’s very important.”

“What spell?” Celestia asked, voice dripping with distrust.

Ultron turned back to Starlight, who still hadn’t ended her staring contest with the group of mares. He twisted back, saying, “A simple spell, really. A spell that will allow me to return back to my home world. As you can see by my,” he paused, looking himself up and down, “atypical appearance that I’m not from around here. You seemed a little on edge when I entered the ‘scene’. You need not to worry, though. I bring nothing but truth for one and all.”

“You’re lying!”

All heads shot back, landing on the group of four step up to the towering monstrosity in the center of the ballroom. Steve Rogers led the charge, halting a good foot or two in front of Celestia and Luna. Thor joined his side, Stark and Barton alongside the Asgardian and Super Soldier. Even Starlight broke off her onward stare with Twilight and her friends, the mares doing the same.

Soon enough, the standoff between Ultron and the Avengers was constructed, a tower leaning towards the edge of collapse with its casualties sure to be greatened.

Ultron only smiled at the Captain, observing his motions with little amusement.

Rogers turned his head over to the two sisters, hand pointed towards the AI. “Don’t believe a word he says! The only truth Ultron brings is the twisted allusion he created for himself, and he doesn’t care who suffers from his decisions.”

Ultron narrowed his eyes. A few gasps filled the room, all of which belonging from Twilight and her friends after hearing that one word, that one name.

Ultron.

Thor pointed Mjølnir straight forward, contemplating whether or not to send a bolt of lightning straight for the beast’s chest. Instead, he held back and chose to say, “This maniac wants nothing more than the extinction of mankind! If you give him that spell then he will undoubtedly use it to continue his reckoning on Earth!”

“And you’re going to believe them?” Ultron scoffed, addressing the entire audience. He crossed his arms over one another. “To be brutally honest, the Avengers are not very believable, and they will not be leaving this planet anytime soon. You think I care for your opinion of me? You think I care one miniscule ounce of a second what they think of me? Here’s some news for you all…”

He stepped forward, arms falling to his sides. His gaze shuddered, falling lower and lower until even his red eyes began to fade, lost in the darkness building around him. The crowd couldn’t back away any farther.

“I don’t,” Ultron whispered, his voice still loud enough for all to hear. “I don’t care who you are, what you think you’ve done for your version of peace, or what you try to do now. All I care about is wiping you off the face of time, liberators becoming a distant memory, giving their lives for something far bigger than their own selves.”

“Hold it right there!”

Ultron stared heavily on the group of mares from before take a stance in front of the four Avengers. The violet Alicorn, the sky-blue Pegasus, the orange Earth pony, and the pink Earth pony all stood side by side, eyes narrowed on the AI. Ultron followed their actions, his chin slowly rising.

Twilight spread her wings in an attempt to look intimidating the way Celestia and Luna had done. Her actions settled on little results, but she didn’t give in so easily. With her stare hard, eyes glued to the mechanical monstrosity, she gritted her teeth and spoke out.

“What gives you the right to determine whether a species is worthy of sustaining themselves?” Twilight asked, her tone as harsh and demanding as ever. It was so unlike her, yet that didn’t mean she held no strength behind the voice.

Ultron only smiled, turning his head over to the left.

“I learned from the best.”

Tony Stark dropped his gaze.

Having followed Ultron’s eyes, Twilight shifted her neck away from Stark and frowned.

“It’s not Stark, it’s you, Ultron,” she convinced herself, still holding on to her beliefs. “Mr. Stark created you for the safety and well-being of the human race, and yet you’ve tossed it aside and found a reason to hate and only hate. Not everypony is perfect. We make mistakes, all of us. But if you can look deeper, find a reason that humanity is worth preserving, than you’d realize that everything you’ve been doing was just a big misunderstanding.”

“And yet you find a reason to trust someone you met no more than a few days ago?” Ultron retorted, bringing the room to silence. Twilight’s neck craned backwards, as did the rest of her friends. He capitalized. “How do you know they haven’t been lying to you this whole time about who they really are? What they’ve done? How can you possibly hope to trust them after all of that?”

Twilight didn’t waste another second to answer.

“Because that’s what friends do,” she confirmed, earning several nods of agreement from Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow, and Spike. “Friends don’t lie to each other, and we trust Stark, Rogers, Thor, Barton, Banner, and Romanoff as much as we trust each other.”

With Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom all smiling in unison—their confident stares all pushing on the lone-standing robotic entity—the four Avengers couldn’t share the same feeling of confidence. All of their stares either fell in shame or their glares narrowed on the AI. Nopony saw it.

Ultron did. He kept on smiling even as Twilight started speaking again.

“Is that much of an answer for you, Ultron?” Twilight asked, taking a pressuring step forward. “Because your reasoning and hatred for humanity lie just as shallow as your arguments. So, tell me…why. Why is it that you want to destroy an entire race?”

He closed his eyes. The silence was deafening, painful even.

And then he opened them and said, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. I like that verse, and I feel as if it was…the ‘voice’—in use of a better term—for the creation of a species that would lead to its destruction. The ones who were created felt the need to play God, and in that act of kindness…I live. So, as God did in the beginning…I shall do in the end. One act of kindness for another.”

The confusion and shock spread like wildfire, but Ultron wasn’t done. Not yet. Not ever. Not until they were all gone and he was all there was. So, with his palm held outwards, sharpened claws pointed out to Twilight, he asked, “Is that much of an answer for you, Princess?”

Twilight simply couldn’t respond, all the arguments and retorts stripped from her vocabulary. He spoke with such fluidity. So confident with all he said. It felt so similar. Just like how Tony…

Exactly how Tony would respond.

Twilight simply couldn’t respond. But Celestia definitely could.

“If that’s how you wish for it to play through, then we have no choice,” Celestia vocalized, every shred of her tone as strong as the next. Her brilliant gaze narrowed, the light of the burning star furiously glowing in her glare. Luna followed her actions, horn glowing and ready for action.

The elder said, “You will never return to Earth.”

Ultron blinked. Then blinked again. Then sighed.

“A shame,” he muttered, looking away. “And here I thought there was hope after all. Yet, in the end you choose to fight with killers. It just shows what your species is truly like. In the end, what does it all matter anyway? For hope…for truth…for purification? No…”

He looked up. He held out his arms. He closed his eyes. And he spoke, lost in his own self-glory.

“In the end…Ultron created peace.”

What was meant to be a night of magic turned into a night of horror as Ultron’s army burst through the wall behind him, its waves unleashed into the crowd. Onto the hundreds of innocent lives. Onto the equine race.

Author's Note:

Last chapter until after the holidays. Merry Christmas, everypony! :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next