• Published 19th Aug 2015
  • 548 Views, 11 Comments

Velvet Temptation - T W Hoof



Beware the temptations lest they lead you astray. For one mare that might not be enough.

  • ...
1
 11
 548

The Sweetest Conspiracy

3 hours earlier

As the sun set a pleasant briiinnng rang out as Crystal Wishes entered Sunridge Sweets. "Hello, hello, what fantastic new confections do you have today?"

"Be with you in a moment dear." Could be heard over the clank of baking trays leaving the oven. Moments later Sunbeam emerged from the kitchen with a slight frown on her face.

"Is everything alright," Crystal asked her present cheer dimming.

"Nothing to worry your head about sweetie, I'm just a little concerned that Velvet has been avoiding the shop the last couple weeks."

Crystal rolled her eyes, "Is Velvet on another one of her silly sugar embargoes, she is on her hooves all day."

"Of course, I've been so busy recently I didn't pay any mind to it, Little Red has been getting quite rambunctious of late." Sunbeam perked up, "Crystal you were the one able to cure her last time, how can we get my sugarlump back?"

"Not to worry Sunbeam", Crystal broke out into a rather villainous grin. "I know just what we need, to the ovens!"

1:30 Hours Earlier

"Are you sure you need so many sweetie, that seems like an awful lot of cupcakes for one mare."

"Don't worry" Crystal chortled, "I know exactly how to get Velvet back for what she said."

"What was that dear?" asked Sunbeam with a raised eyebrow.

Crystal put on her best innocent expression, "I am going to save Velvet from her wretched sugar-free existence."

Sunbeam waved as Crystal exited the shop, "Bring my little sweetums home!"

Singing a happy tune Crystal practically pranced down the street unable to keep a delighted smile from her face. Ever since the monumental amount of teasing Velvet had done the morning after Crystal had been trying to find a way to balance the scales. It was some kind of karmic justice that Velvet's own mother would be instrumental to her plot.

Strolling passed the Berry Bar Crystal paused to admire the horizon as the buildings of Canterlot lit up with the most beautiful golden glow as the sun set. A minute later the soft light of the moon rose filling the air with cold radiance and deepening the dark shadows. Crystal beamed, Mood lighting, just what a proper villain such as myself needs to unleash their dastardly deeds. Giggling Crystal checked the time before hurrying off towards the theater Velvet had her rehearsal.

30 Minutes Earlier

Entering through the double doors Crystal could hear the sound of ponies jumping, twirling, and dancing coming from the direction of the main stage. Perfect, if they hadn't started after practice cooldown yet I have plenty of time. Not wasting another moment Crystal adjusted her sugary cargo and headed towards the back of the building where everypony had their private rooms. On her way through the final hall, Crystal realized she had a problem. The private side door for use on nights that the troupe was performing was right next to Velvet's room. Fretting deep in thought Crystal almost didn't realize she wasn't alone until a humming pony practically bumped into her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Crystal, I almost didn't see you there. Are you waiting for Velvet?" asked Lemon Fresh

With a big grin Crystal looked up, "Lemon Fresh you're just the pony I need, can you do me a favor?"

"Well..."

"Please, I really need to make sure Velvet can't escape too easily tonight." Crystal gestured to her back, "I've got something for her."

"Of course, I'll help, I wouldn't deny two young mares some time together."

Blushing Crystal shook her head pointing wildly at the box on her back, "Cupcakes!, I have lots of sweet delicious cupcakes."

"Okay sweetie, I'll help you get those cupcakes to your friend."

Crystal hung her head unable to make eye contact, "Can you please lock the side entrance so Velvet can't get away."

Head down Crystal heard Lemon Fresh walk over to the door followed by a mechanical click as the door was locked. Crystal mumbled a faint, "Thank you" as the sound of hoofsteps and muffled chuckling faded down the hall.

20 Minutes Earlier

Upon entering the room Crystal looked around for the best place to lay out her trap. There was a suitable table against the near wall, but Velvet might miss it when she walked in. With a grunt, Crystal began trying to pull the stout table across the room to position it directly beneath the lights. After a minute of struggle Crystal sheepish remembered, A lady does not strain herself in the presence of others, shaking her head at her mother's advice Crystal instead lit her horn and picked up the table carefully placing it to catch the maximum amount of light.

"And that's how it's really done, mom."

Lifting the box of vanilla frosting topped red velvet cupcakes onto the table Crystal glanced back to check the time and nearly jumped out of her skin. Practice was either over or nearly so. Quickly Crystal picked the cupcakes out of the box and pondered how best to display them on the table. She tried a Tortoise, a Saw, an Orb, a Double Fighting Line, a Wedge, and even a Skirmishing Formation before she clucked her tongue and carefully placed them in a single long line spanning the entire table. I really need to talk to Silent Knight about doing something other than soldier games at night.

1 Minute Earlier

Crystal rushed to the door quietly opening it and poking her head out to check that the coast was clear. With a gasp, she quickly pulled her head back into the room. This was a disaster. Velvet was already here only seconds away from reaching her room. Pulse pounding a trembling Crystal slowly peeked around the corner again bracing herself for discovery. Nothing happened. Gathering her courage she took another longer look and saw that not all was lost just yet. Velvet was coming alright, but not very quickly, and she didn't seem to be paying much attention to her surrounding. Like a filly possessed Crystal tore out of the room pausing briefly to close the door before disappearing down the hall away from Velvet.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Author's Note:

Sweet, sweet, vengeance.

Inspired by the works of Crystal Wishes.

Comments ( 5 )

That was glorious.

I lost it at the cupcakes in formation.

6351846

Thanks, it seemed like a good opportunity to reference Silent Knight and poke fun at the soldier game Crystal bought at the naughty game shop.

I probably shouldn't have read this in public.

6407828

That is just how Velvet rolls.

This is taking "sticky situation" to a new level. Velvet is a secret agent, specialized in making cupcakes disappear without a trace.
Well... mostly without a trace, she'll get to that with that bath, I reckon. Then, nopony will ever know whodunnit.

Well done, had some good laughs; stickiness, uninhibited gluttony, plans beyond plans, conspiracies, and orbs.

I now have cupcake cravings, I hope you're happy. :trixieshiftleft:

Login or register to comment