• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 475 Views, 14 Comments

Geometric Shapes - ShamelessOC



When two sentient cubes appear in Equestria, everyone is surprised. But, an evil also showed up. Something only countered by Demon Masters Viprin and Etzer...

  • ...
 14
 475

(2) An Odd Discovery

“How…” Twilight squinted incredulously at her newest companions, “how in Tartarus do you eat music?”
"Well, we just... Listen to it!" Etzer replied, "It's basically like putting fuel in a car, or… whatever kind of combustible materials that you put in an engine that you have around here."
"What's a car?” she questioned, quickly shaking her head and continuing, “So, if you listen to music, you will gain nourishment from it?"
"Yep, pretty much." Etzer replied, "We can also eat solid foods, but they're hard to come by. At least where we are from, anyways. Not much there is exactly edible, you see."
"Hmm... So, judging by the fact that you two eat music, are you guys some sort of... rhythm beings?" Twilight inquired.
Suffice to say, looking at the oddly proportioned creatures, it was more than mind boggling. She was familiar with beings of magical nature – golems, spirits, animals bound by sorcery but… they were relatively simple. Timberwolves were, as their name suggest, just wood. Cragodiles were made of stone, the crystalline ponies of the North shined like crystal… these things were not that unusual or outside of imagination. Discord, for all his mind bending powers, was easy to understand in concept, he was a personification of chaos. Beings made of music, or sustained themselves through it, were wholly new fields of study. Not even sirens or banshees were so closely connected to it.
"Exactly! Music is what keeps the very structure of our soul intact, it is out being! At least that's what our King tells us..." Viprin answered.
"King?" Twilight repeated, curious as to the idea of a whole nation of such beings – let alone what their leader would look like.
"King RobTop, he is the one who constructs the landscape, and, well, pretty much everything!” Etzer answered, gesturing wildly with his bouncing body, “He controls the sun, moon, the link to our music, and he is also responsible for the alliances with the RH and the IG dimensions respectively."
"Wow." she said, taking notes as they conversed, "What about problems? What crises has your dimension been through?"
Twilight, as she would come to discover, would regret asking so many questions into their origins. For every explanation offered, they only prompted more and more inquiries. The nature of this… species was quite foreign to her. The rules and principles under which they operated were alien, so much so she was beginning to question how she and they were even capable to communicate. Out of all the insanities that she was discovering, sharing a common language was actually one of the more probable things.
"Well... a few years back,” Viprin said, in an unusually hushed tone, “a friend, Zobros, was corrupted by some black sludge that started to spread across the land. It was… I don’t really know how to describe it other than that. Like the world was bleeding this stuff out. This... sludge broke his mind, with him saying that serious reworking had to be done. It wasn’t that bad in the beginning, only a few changes here and there, but after a while he and his work were unrecognizable. His courses started to decrease in quality, they even started to loop in on themselves and would just fall apart right under you. He also began to look kind of like a gray-white gradient rather than his usual red and white color. Everyone stopped, well, liking him after that – he was mostly sticking to himself anyways. One day he started to attack the empire, with these weird 'Disharmony' beams – pretty much scrambled whatever they touched. It caused chaos, before Rob took action. He was banished from our universe, and the gods of all other universes were advised to never let Zobros slide an inch into their worlds. Haven’t seen or heard from him since, and that’s why we listen to Rob… only guy that knew how to take action back then."
The two cubes arrived to a small restaurant, gaining a few looks from a few ponies around. Most had just snuck a quick glance, used to odd happenings in Ponyville. To be fair, Discord had reworked the town a couple of days ago, so they wouldn’t start to panic again until the end of the week. Others stared, pointed, and whispered, mostly newer residents to the town. Viprin and Etzer both had to 'sit' on a small stack of books to be able to see above the table that they were given to eat at, which Twilight kindly had given. The ever constant hovering was... discouraged for multiple reasons. The greatest of which being to try and make them seem… slightly more normal appearing, at least by Ponyville’s standards. Princess Celestia had wished them her best, trusting that Twilight would be able to handle the two while she returned to reassure Canterlot that they were not under immediate threat of renewed changeling invasion.
"So, all they serve is Solid food here?" Viprin asked, gesturing to a couple of pictures on the menu to the waiter that cautiously stood nearby.
"Yes, we don't get many Rhythm Beings here," the unicorn answered, gesturing around to the few nearby ponies that were in eyesight of the new arrivals, "Why is solid food so hard to come by in your world, anyway?" The two cubes gave the nearby waiter their respective orders, Twilight just saying that she would take her usual, before the stallion quickly retreated to the interior of the restaurant.
"Because most food is just for show, it’s not that… real,” Etzer replied after a moment’s pause, “What’s actually real is usually poisonous. We don’t mind though, music is more than enough to keep us energized."
"Hmmm..." Twilight penned, jotting down something in her notebook, "Oh, our food is here."
Twilight had ordered a lettuce and daisy sandwich, while Viprin had falafel and Etzer had a cheese sandwich. She could not help but stare at how they ate, given their peculiar body proportions. It was more like there was an unseen orifice behind their mouths, the food pretty much disappearing the second they took a bite into their meals. It was unsettling, but she was still able to finish her sandwich in relative peace. They ate in silence, Twilight discretely paying the bill before they got up from their seats and left. Trotting outside the door, she watched them slide about, as though to stretch out their muscles. Looking at them in detail… Twilight wasn’t sure if they had any.
"Race?" both of them said, turning to look at her. Twilight looked at them oddly, gesturing to herself with a hoof. The two nodded, buzzing in excitement as Viprin turned towards the castle a couple of blocks away. Not that far a gallop, plus how it seemed to be a rather integral part of their culture, Twilight agreed to the proposition. On the count of three, they took off down the street. Viprin had come in first, Etzer and Twilight arriving close enough together that they agreed upon a tie.
"No fair, you always win." Etzer groaned, chuckling as he started to go towards the castle.
"I'm not first on the Course leaderboards for nothing." Viprin replied, "So, Twilight, do we have any roo- nevermind" he said, noticing the impressive size of the crystal tree itself up close.
"Well, follow me. I do have an extra bedroom, but you'll need to share it." Twilight explained, directing them through the doors. They followed her upstairs to a small bedroom with a closet on one side and a window on the other. A wide view of the town could be seen from there, overlooking the town unto the massive forest that they had been found in. The bed was a little big for both cube's standards, but nonetheless it was quite accommodating. Etzer hopped onto the bed, using his limited telekinesis to drag the sheets over his lower half.
"Thanks Twilight. We should be going to sleep now, it was about… eleven at night when we got dragged over here and… well, we’re not used to staying up this late.”
The unicorn giggled in response, "Goodnight you two." she waved, closing the curtains and shutting the door. As soon as she was downstairs, she started to review the notes she had taken.


Zobros, his vision fading in and out as he contemplated the data, internally grinned. Of course, out of all the worlds, they would follow in through the trail that he had left behind. Marvellous, he contemplated, he would have to pay them a visit at some point – catch up for old time’s sake. Soon – it was confirmed.

Author's Note:

Finally got this out for you guys! Sorry this one took so long, my editor was having some issues in the realm above story writing. Anyway, the third chapter should be coming out when I stop playing my brother's copy of Fallout 4.

Comments ( 2 )

Honestly, I love GD, but this is too far. Keep the ponies out, please.

Before I read this, I bet that "Zo" stands for Zobros.

Login or register to comment