• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 1,025 Views, 63 Comments

Tekkit Is Awesome(A Yogscast/MLP Crossover) - T1MBUK0N3



The Mane 6 plays Tekkit with Honeydew Inc.

  • ...
26
 63
 1,025

Yellow Lanterns

Author's Note:

This chapter is based on this video.

If you can see where I went wrong, PM me.

It was minutes after the morning came, and the Jaffa Factory boys and ponies woke up to get up to a good start on the factory flooring. The ponies, which were all female, were offended by the SipsCo motto being, “Big Money, Big Women, Big Fun”, which they claimed was sexist. They saw the sorting machine was out of order, the basement being a mess, and the factory being messed up, so they decided to work with the boys on that.


It is a rainy day, and the boys are on the second floor, the ponies being on the bottom floor, except for the pegasi. Lewis was announcing his plans for the factory.

“So Duncan’s gonna have sorting machines all over the back wall,” he said.

“We’ll see if we can help him with that,” Twilight said, with Lyra nodding in agreement.

When Lewis was on the 5th block in the empty rows, he said, “Right, and what we wanna try and do is build scaffolded beams across here.”

At that last bit, he placed a scaffolding block on one of the wooden blanks.

“But I’m gonna get some lamps first, because these are a bit of a pain in the ass to use.”

“Ya might want to be careful with your language,” Applejack said, “but since we’re not in Equestria, ah guess ah could let you off the hook. Do ya have anything you need for the lamps?”

“I got red alloy wire,” Lewis responded, “but I’ll see if I can find more resources.”

“I’ll check on the quarry deep underground,” Duncan said. He went downstairs to check on it. Twilight and Lyra teleported with him to check with him.

“Looks to me like it’s going great,” Lyra said.

“I think so too,” Twilight responded, “but what about the sorting machine upstairs?”

Duncan assured them, “I’m pretty sure the others are already working on it.”

Back upstairs, even though they’re only using ladders for up/down transportation, Simon, Pinkie and Bon Bon were investigating the macerators and condenser.

Duncan communicated with the others thanks to Twilight and Lyra combining their magics to create an active communication system. He told them about the quarry status at the moment.

“So any metal goes into this crazy macerating mess I assume?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Lewis answered, condensing iron ingots and rubies into glowstone dust.

“And everything else goes into the condenser?” Duncan asked.

“Oh,” Simon said, noticing the pipes, “stuff is actually coming through.”

“Yeah,” Duncan said, “it’s going into the condenser.”

“It’s working, Lewis,” Simon told his buddy.

“Looks like we’re gonna have an easy time finishing construction of the, Jaffa Factory,” Pinkie said, “Right, Bonnie?”

Bon Bon said, “That depends. We might get distracted, SipsCo would sabotage us, other companies would be in cahoots with them, another server-destroying war would happen, some of our projects would go wrong, do you get what I’m saying?”

“Yeah,” Pinkie answered, “let’s hope none of that ever happens. How’s the sorting system?”

“I don’t know if it’s actually working,” Lewis said.

“Well no, when we get some iron, copper or something go through,” Duncan explained.

“Ahh…,” Lewis said, “Beautiful, thank you.”

After condensing enough, Lewis decided to stop. “I’ll take 64 for now,” he said, “I’ll see how many lamps I can make with that.”

“Okay,” Rarity said, as she came in. She was back from mining, and secretly casted a spell on herself to prevent her body from being messed up. Adjoining her were Sweetie Belle, Vinyl Scratch, and Octavia Philharmonica Melody Pie, who were mining with her.

“There we go,” Simon said, “I knew the iron was gonna be good for something.”

“Good for what?” Pinkie asked Simon curiously.

“Uhh…,” Simon said, “I don’t know.”

Lewis went downstairs to the level above the quarry room to gain more materials for the lamps.

“It’d be good if we didn’t have to use torches,” Simon said, “but that would be a lot of lamps. Wouldn’t it?”

“Yeah,” Rainbow began saying, “but you forgot that there are horned and winged ponies here. They could help speed up the process and place the lamps in the correct locations for the factory. You’ll have nothing to worry about, Simon.”

“I guess you’re right, Rainbow,” Simon said.

“Have a little bit of rose, maybe,” Duncan said through the communication.

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“Nothing,” Duncan responded.

“We can line them up with the marble on the walls,” Simon said, “and have them at nice neat periodic intervals.”

“Doesn’t look like a bad idea,” Bon Bon said.

“Or maybe it’s a hopeless dream,” Simon said.

Everyone laughed at his statement.

“Right,” Lewis started, “I got nine now. How do we wanna lay these out?”

“Nine what?” Lyra asked. She, Twilight and Duncan came back up from the quarry room.

“Nine lamps?” Simon answered but it sounded like a question.

“Yeah,” Lewis stated, “I guess it’s a start.”

Everyone giggled at Lewis’s statement.

“I’ll be off now,” Rarity explained, “Gonna mine more materials to make music players for my friends to use for entertainment.” After finishing the words, she left the factory and went looking for a cave. Back at the factory, the others were trying to create a layout of the lamps.

“Well, it is a start,” Simon responded to Lewis’s earlier statement, “it is a start, yeah.”

“What I was thinking of doing was having it like…,” Lewis said. He began placing glass blocks to describe his pattern. “just bare with me for a moment.”

“Okay,” Fluttershy said.

Lewis tried to place the scaffolding block on the glass, but nothing worked, so he decided to place wood in place of the glass.

“Any ideas, Simon?” asked BonBon, using her chalkboard to find ways to use the Tekkit machines to make Jaffa cakes.

“”We can kinda have one here,” Simon explained, gesturing in the corners, “between, like in the corners there.”

Lewis placed the scaffolding on the plank, and it worked!

“Now if you watch what I’m planning on doing,” Lewis began, “okay, so I’m planning on scaffolding out like this, okay.” At that last statement, he began placing the scaffolding down as the ponies minus Rarity, watched him.

“Right,” Simon said, before noticing the rainy weather that began when everyone woke up, “oh my goodness.”

“Okay, now just bare with me,” Lewis said, “this might not worked.” As Lewis placed the sixth scaffolding down, he learned that he reached the limit.

“Oh, damn,” he cursed, “okay, that’s as far as it goes.”

“I like how it’s not lining up with the walls,” Simon said sarcastically, “god damn it, Lewis.”

“Sorry,” Lewis apologized.

“Make it line up with something,” Simon told Lewis, “or I’m gonna spurge out here.”

“No need for THAT, Simey,” Pinkie said.

“I guess you’re right,” Simon said. “as founder and CEO, I’m sending the unicorns to find Rarity.”

“Okay,” all unicorns said in agreement and teleported away.

“We’re gonna have scaffolding beams, almost, like trusses,” Duncan explained, “with lights hanging off of them. Is that what you were thinking, Lewis?”

“Oh,” Simon began, “that’s a good idea.”

“I think so too,” Pinkie giggled.

Simon began to ask Lewis, “Is that what you were gonna-” but then realized, “no, they’re just sort of stuck.”

“I hope the lights don’t scare us,” Fluttershy said.

“They can’t do that,” Simon said.

He walked over to the stone brick line on the opposite wall of where Lewis first began scaffolding, and gave a few directions to Lewis.

“Okay, make it line up with here,” he began, “with this wall here, so one in, maybe.”

“But what about the other side?” Rainbow asked.

“We’ll fix that,” Simon assured her. After reviewing Lewis’s placement, he said, “I think Duncan’s diagram of the lights dangling down a bit might be better.”

Lewis began removing the scaffolding blocks.

“So move them all in one,” Simon began once again, “so they line up with here.” At that last bit, he indicated where he was. Meanwhile, Bon Bon was trying to explain to everyone about how she calculated on using the right machines to make the jaffa cakes.

“Doesn’t look good, Bon Bon,” Applejack said.

“I’m still trying to calculate the correct machines as well as the correct ingredients and crafting recipe,” Bon Bon answered, “it may take a while to finish.”

“Can you make the scaffolding into, kinda like an arch?” Duncan asked.

“I like how Simon’s sperging out about the actual like, lining of the scaffolding with the pillars,” Lewis said.

“Yeah,” Simon and Duncan both said in agreement.

“I don’t know how we can make scaffolding too much,” Lewis said, “maybe, we might be able to, make an arch in Minecraft.”

Lewis began making an arch.

“Maybe like that,” he said, finished with a poor design.

“No,” Duncan and Simon said in unison.


Meanwhile, in a cave, The unicorns found Rarity mining a bunch of diamonds and emeralds from the caves, using quarries, and the old-fashioned technique, with her magic.

“Rarity?” Twilight asked.

“Twilight?” Rarity asked back, “what are you and your friends doing here?”

“We came here looking for you,” Lyra said, “what are you doing here?”

“I just went mining for materials to make music players for the factory, and for resources we might need for the jaffa devices.”

“Why?” Sweetie Belle asked, “and what about the emeralds?”

“For entertainment and process purposes, Sweetie, dear,” Rarity answered, “as for the emeralds, they’re for a secret purpose that I can’t tell anyone.”


After the quarries finished digging, the unicorns then left the cave and took all the mined resources with them back to the Jaffa Factory. There, Lewis was still trying to find a way to make an arch, and was starting to succeed.

“I think if I knock this bit out,” Lewis said, knocking the corner out, “then maybe…”

“I’m thinking of a more gentle arch,” Duncan said, “with maybe two or three bends.”

“Do you wanna do it, Duncan?” Lewis asked.

“I’ll put some stuff in the alloy furnace, then I’ll have a go,” Duncan explained. Lewis’s new design was a bit better, and it looked good to Simon.

When Duncan went to the alloy furnace, he noticed the horned ponies back from their mining trip, which shocked him.

“Hi!” Lyra said.

“Lyra?” Duncan asked, “have you always been here?”

“Earlier,” Lyra began, “Twilight and I, as well as Vinyl and Sweetie Belle went to find Rarity, who went into a cave and used her magic to create a bunch of quarries to mine the whole thing, while also using the old-fashioned technique. She was mining enough resources that we might need to create the machines needed to make music players for entertainment, and Jaffa cake devices for progress. Still don’t know what the emeralds are for.”

“Emeralds?” Duncan asked, everyone else listening to the conversation.

“They’re for a secret purpose that I can’t tell anyone,” Rarity said. With that said, everyone resumed what they were doing.

“The problem, is that these lamps are gonna need to have redpower running along them,” Lewis explained.

“Right,” Simon said in response.

“I’m not actually sure you could do that,” Lewis said.

“Something to do with the scaffolding?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah,” Lewis answered, “but let’s have a look.”

“Okay,” Lyra said.

“I’m not sure this‘ll actually work,” Lewis said as began planting red power wires on the scaffolding, “oh, never mind.”

However, when he placed it on the top block, it didn’t connect with the rest. “I can’t run it up the step,” he said.

“Damn,” Duncan cursed.

“Watch it!” Sweetie Belle warned Duncan.

“Maybe you could put a normal block down,” Duncan explained, “like an iron block or something.”

“I don’t want to use iron blocks,” Lewis said, “they’re too expensive.”

“Hang on,” Duncan said, “maybe you could use a cover. Do we have a saw anywhere?”

“Oh, I get it,” Twilight explained, “so that the redwire could run up the scaffolding with the cover in it, and make the lamps glow!”

“I remember a saw being in a chest,” Simon said as he rushed to the automatic crafting table to get a saw out, while the ponies reviewed Bon Bon’s calculations for jaffa cake creation devices.

“God, we really need a roof,” Duncan said, noticing the rain outside. The unicorns protected everyone by combining their magic to create a rain-proof shield to prevent themselves from ever getting any colds.

“Of course we need a roof,” Lewis said, “that’s why I’m building one, and the unicorns did a good job providing a temporary one for us.”

The unicorns blushed at Lewis’s statement.

“Here you go,” Simon said, giving Duncan the saw.

“It’s good that we’re using scaffolding for a building material inside of building it up the sky,” Lewis said, “since it’s supposed to be useful.”

“But it looks good,” Duncan said, “I like it.”

“It does look good,” Lewis said, “doesn’t it?”

The ponies glanced at the structure, wondering why it looked so oddly familiar to them.

“It fits with our strategy,” Lewis said.

“I like this, Lewis,” Simon said.

“I need a better saw,” Duncan said, “this one isn’t cutting anything.”

Simon said, while trying to place a scaffolding block next to the orange lamp to complete the arch, “So you can’t actually put the scaffolding up against…”

“I think there was a diamond saw somewhere,” Duncan said. He went to search in every chest for the diamond saw, until he noticed Rarity placing the collected resources from earlier in the chests. He ignored her, and continued searching.

“Maybe it’s in the tool chest back in the shed,” he said to himself, leaving the factory.

Simon describe the pattern while building the arch with Lewis, and made a few corrections.

“No,” Duncan said, realizing that it wasn’t in the shed.

“Looks like they got it right,” Lyra said, looking at the still familiar shape of the arch.

“I’m gonna make us a diamond saw,” Duncan said, “so I could use it.”

Lewis began planting redstone wiring along the arch, fell off when he planted them on the side, and went back up to finish the planting along the lamps. Simon used a redstone torch to make the wire light the orange lamps, and it finally worked. When the ponies took a look, it immediately made them realize why the arch looked so familiar. Something very traumatic.


They saw those kinds of arches during their visit to Tartarus, which was a very dangerous place. It was a horrible place to stay, and in reality, the arch the boys just built and made the ponies relive the trauma, which broke them. It really broke them. When the boys found out, they reminded them that the arch shouldn’t have any relations to the bad parts of their memories, and that things are currently going to be alright. The ponies realized the point, and decided to let things go with the flow, and continue working on the right tactics to make jaffa cakes in Tekkit Minecraft.


“Phew,” Duncan said, exhausted from all the work, “that was probably enough for tonight.”

“Yeah,” Pinkie Pie said, “we should probably get some sleep.”

“I think so too,” Lewis said, “but first, since the Mane 6 meet us in our IRL, they probably know about YouTube. Also, I might need to do the Yogscast outro.”

With that said, Lewis already did the Yogscast outro, and everyone got off the servers, going back to their specific worlds.

Comments ( 13 )

Yogscast will never die

6867900 Remember what happened to The Beatles?

6867906 never liked the beetles never have never will. I will never forget the bomb of volts.

6867927 But remember how The Beatles broke up? There's always the possibility that the same thing might happen to the Yogscast.

6867963 I know, but NEVER FORGOT THE VOLTS BOMB.

Can't wait for the next one.

7025184 It'll take a while.

I actually like these. They are pretty good. Hopeful for another.

7235908 I'm trying to work on one.

Login or register to comment