• Published 28th Apr 2015
  • 7,385 Views, 469 Comments

Wub me or Hate me - Vesperia



I cosplay as EQ Girls Vinyl Scratch and get sent to Equestria? And I was once a guy? Well aint this dandy.

  • ...
44
 469
 7,385

Base of Wuberations

After waking up the day was spent talking with my other self and getting ready for my trip out of Canterlot. To me the day felt as if it flew by and soon I found myself sneaking between alleys as I headed towards the train station. Pony Vinyl snuck around with me and luckily, but oddly, we did not come across any opposition. Either Celestia doesn't find me as dangerous as I thought or since she hasn't found me in the city yet she must think I'm already out in the country.

Pony Vinyl paid for my ticket and I pulled a hood over my head and put a bandana on to cover my face.

"Thanks again for the help pony me, I wish I could repay you." I said with a smile, though she couldn't see it.

"No prob dude. But if you really feel like paying me back then come pay me a visit if you manage to clear your name. I want to introduce you to Octavia." Said Pony me. She smiled at me and trotted off back home.

I looked at the train and began walking inside of it. I sat down in one of the cushiony benches and waited until the ticket stamper came by.

Eventually he came by and gawked at me. "Erm, what kind of creature are you?"

Annoyed I replied, "Minotaur."

"But you don't loo-"

"I have a condition, good sir!" I shouted at him.

He cringed, his ears splayed back and a wide eyed, apologetic look appeared on his face. "I-I am so sorry ma'am! I-I didn't mean-"

"It doesn't matter. Here." I handed him my ticket and he punched it without a word. When he left I sighed.

"Didn't think that excuse would actually work." With that thought I got myself comfy to prepare myself for the long ride to Fillydelphia.

♫♫♫

I woke up with a jostle as the train came to a stop. I finally arrived back to what I consider to be my hometown in this world. I got off the train and noticed it was now early morning. I stretched a bit and walked out of the station. Out of the station I noticed how much the city had grown since my tiny vacation. Skyscrapers now adorned the city and there was a pretty big mix of races. Ponies, griffons, minotaurs, you name it. I figured this was the reason I wasn't even spared a glance.

With a shrug I walked down a road that headed south and out of town. You know that shack I first stayed in? Well that was my home now and it's no longer just a shack in the middle of a forest. It was my Base of Wuberations and hopefully it should still be intact. Thankfully, in a rare stroke of foresight, I hid all of my stuff in a trunk and buried that under one of my house's walls. With luck any passerby's just saw a small old house in the middle of a forest and nothing else.

Eventually I got to the outskirts and I followed the very well known trail back. The trip through the forest was uneventful, as most of the trip, and soon I came upon my abode in the forest. I still haven't got a clue as to what the name of the forest is yet. I walked in and it was clear that no one even bothered to come inside, as unlikely I thought that would be considering it has been a thousand years. The inside was dust, dirt and cobwebs galore. Spring cleaning was direly needed and I felt like I had quite a long day of it ahead of me.

Putting all that aside I picked up a metal shovel from the corner and walked around to the west side of my home. I started digging in the middle and didn't stop until I heard a 'clunk'. It was the sound of metal hitting wood, I cleared the rest of the dirt away and pulled the trunk out.

I opened it up and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that everything was accounted for. Well, when I say everything I really only mean one thing. It was my wubboard, my greatest creation so far. Basically think of a skateboard and replace the wheels and bottom of the board with a stereo. It basically works by blasting wubstep or dubstep, there is a difference I assure you, underneath and giving me a bit of lift. I can't actually fly with it (believe me, I've tried) but it is much faster than running and, even better, it looks cool.

I decided to give it a test drive, just to make sure it still worked. I stood up and looked around, it was a peaceful day as usual. I set my wubboard down and got ready.

"Equestria is honestly a really peaceful country. Even after Discord was restored I bet every single pony just went back to their day to day routine."

I started the wubboard and sped off down the road with a smile on my face.

♫♫♫

Screams, yelling and general chaos was the current state of the city of Cloudsdale. Pegasi could be seen running in a panic between cloud buildings and streets. Royal guards were desperately trying to keep the peace and calm down the citizens. Their efforts were fruitless as most ponies seemed to be content in ignoring the common sense the guards were trying to instill. Even with the extra detachment of troops sent by Celestia.

"Run! Run for your lives! The Cloudsdale destroyer is going to finish us for good this time!" Screamed a random stallion as he desperately held his face in his hooves. He sped off in fright after his little exclamation.

An explosion was heard in the distance and a fire was going on. If anyone was in their correct state of mind they would ask how a fire started in a city made up of clouds. Thankfully no one even glanced at it with the sole exceptions of the exhausted guards.

"Buck me! By Celestia's squishy flanks take some guards and get that fire removed!" Yelled Commander Star Shield of the Cloudsdale garrison to one of his sergeants. "Tartarus! How did the civilians even know that the destroyer escaped?! That was confidential information!"

One private has the decency to look ashamed. He looked to his superior and gave a weak chuckle as he scraped the ground with his hoof.

"Heh. Sorry commander?" said the ashamed guard.

Star Shield looked at the private in complete and utter astonishment. "Why the hay did you tell somepony that?! Gossip goes through a pony town like wildfire through dry grass! Why?!" The commander punctuated that last 'why' by thrusting his face in front of the junior guard's. Bags were clearly seen under his eyes and the chaos of the city was easily seen behind him. Another explosion happened for what seemed like effect.

The junior guard gave a weak grin and shifted his eyes away, "Uh..." The commander stared at the guard like he was staring into the depths of the private's soul. "One mare wouldn't stop asking why we needed to prepare for an evacuation! She just would not shut up! I-I ended up caving in and telling her." The private hung his head down in shame and mumbled a weak apology.

Commander Star Shield sighed and rubbed the top of his muzzle tiredly. "A month of latrine duty Private."

The private nodded.

"Now go help the others put out the fire that likely started again from the other explosion!"

"Yessir!"

"Corporal Fuzzy!" Yelled Star Shield as he turned to another one of the guards around him.

"It's Fizzy sir."

"Whatever. Take a squad and make sure the weather factory is safely evacuated. Any ponies need to be immediately taken out. With all the chaos going on I don't trust the world would be kind enough to keep those workers from becoming suddenly accident prone. Go!"

Corporal Fizzy saluted the Commander and sped off to get a squad.

Star Shield sighed and called out once more, "Major Nimrod! Front and center!"

♫♫♫

I decided to go to Ponyville. No real reason other than to finally see the other main members of the cast. I was tempted to take the train but I didn't have any bits on me. Besides, taking the wubboard was more stylish and it let me take the more scenic route. Maybe I would even get into a few miscellaneous adventures along the way?

I turned around and headed back to my love shack. "If I am going to have miscellaneous adventures I should probably make some more wubnades. Don't need to be caught completely defenseless if I can help it."

With a nod of respect to my high intellect I continued my trek.

♫♫♫

To Twilight today was just like any other day even if she and her dear friends just recently defeated a famous chaotic tyrant not a few days ago. It was the mid day reshelving of the library. Books were aglow with purple magic and were flying around with the speed and precision of a mare that had practice.

Twilight hummed in content as she slid the last book into place. She finally felt at peace, and as quickly as that peace came, it disappeared.

"Twilight! Twilight! You got a letter from the Princess!" Spike urgently said.

Twilight took the letter from his grasp, "Thank you Spike. Let's see what Princess Celestia has to say."

Twilight opened the seal and read the scroll. Her eyes widened dramatically and she gasped.

"What? What is it Twilight?!" asked Spike.

Twilight began pacing the room as she continued to read the letter over and over. "No no this can't be right. Right? But Princess Celestia wouldn't lie about something like this! How is it possible?"

"What can't be right? What would the Princess not lie about?! What's not possible! Tell me Twi!" yelled Spike as he grabbed his head in panic.

"It says here that the Cloudsdale Destroyer is now free from her stone imprisonment like how Discord got freed." replied Twilight as she stopped pacing and face Spike with a worried expression. "She says we should keep the elements at the ready and be prepared for conflict."

As soon as she finished saying that a jewel encrusted chest appeared with the elements inside them in a bright flash.

"Oh no! The Cloudsdale Destroyer?!" A pause, then Spike asked, "Wait, who is the Cloudsdale Destroyer?" Spike had a confused expression on his face.

Twilight used her magic and grabbed a history book from one of the shelves. She opened it to what looked like a random page and said, "It says here that one day after she appeared she used a strange device that destroyed Cloudsdale. Whatever it was caused the clouds that the city was founded on to simply disappear and disperse. Many ponies were left homeless, jobless, and could only own what they could save before it fell to the ground. A lot of colts and fillies that couldn't fly just yet were nearly killed, the attack was too sudden for any cohesive response. Luckily Princess Celestia happened to be flying to Cloudsdale and saw the whole thing. She used her magic to rescue the young foals and she and Princess Luna confronted the Destroyer."

"Whoa, so this Cloudsdale Destroyer is a real villain huh?" Spike said with wide eyes.

"It seems so, yes. But still, what kind of power could this new threat have to warrant the use of the elements? This is the only really evil thing she's done and the history book says she repeatedly avoided confrontation. Using strange devices to disable pursuers and escape." Twilight rubbed her chin as she contemplated the possibilities.

Spike shrugged, "Well we don't know too much right now so I say we put those thoughts off for now. We have elements to pass around right?"

"You're right Spike." Twilight picked up the elements and put them in her saddlebag. She adopted a smirk, "But I bet you actually just want to see a certain white unicorn?"

Spike blushed and stuttered out, "Wh-What? N-No way! Don't be silly Twilight!"

Twilight just giggled at Spike's embarrassment.